Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,391 members, 7,884,889 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 05:26 PM

The Best Jeep For Nigerian Roads? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Best Jeep For Nigerian Roads? (19627 Views)

Urgent Advise Needed On Best Jeep To Buy With Budget Of 1.4M / Photo: Which Would Be Your Pick For Use On Nigerian Roads? / The Best Tyre For Nigerian Roads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Best Jeep For Nigerian Roads? by spaceworld: 12:21am On Nov 21, 2007
The mileage

Re: The Best Jeep For Nigerian Roads? by spaceworld: 12:23am On Nov 21, 2007
The interior

Re: The Best Jeep For Nigerian Roads? by seun001(m): 8:03am On Nov 21, 2007
u didnt even state a price abi.how much na
Re: The Best Jeep For Nigerian Roads? by wakabout(m): 9:47am On Nov 21, 2007
Without prejudice to other Jeep models, Toyota jeep is my choice any day. Whilst I'm not promoting anything for the Toyota conglomerate, I'm in love with Toyota vehicles. I've a 1995 Toyota 4 Runner, and mine-oh-mine!, it's a pretty baby on the road. I park it close to my window so I can always take a look and savour the beauty. @ poster, pls consider any Toyota Jeep range. You'll have no regrets. Maintenance is cheap, parts availabe. It's a Japanese car, remember? The only thing however, is that it gozzles fuel, particularly in traffic & AC usage. Best of luck in your buying decision!!!
Re: The Best Jeep For Nigerian Roads? by Seun(m): 9:55am On Nov 21, 2007
Whilst I'm not promoting anything for the Toyota conglomerate, I'm in love with Toyota vehicles.
You are promoting Toyota vehicles, but it's not a crime, so you don't have to issue a false denial. wink
Re: The Best Jeep For Nigerian Roads? by klarry79: 3:29am On Nov 22, 2007
hi there,

I am not a lover of SUVs but i recommend the nissan pathfinder 96/up.
pls leave the jeep alone.
Toyota suv i also good.
av a '96 pathfinder and it has been TESTED BADLY on Lagos roads(e.g Aja-badore road in the rains).
it held out pretty well and still kicking.
but keep ur maintenance up and it will keep u up
cheers
Re: The Best Jeep For Nigerian Roads? by slimes(m): 12:55pm On Nov 22, 2007
Having a BMW X5 is not a bad idea
Re: The Best Jeep For Nigerian Roads? by adechuks(m): 1:33pm On Nov 22, 2007
In fact, it is a Great Idea
Re: The Best Jeep For Nigerian Roads? by sultaan(m): 4:18pm On Nov 22, 2007
adechuks:

In fact, it is a Great Idea

Great idea!

Do you know the specification of engine oil and transmission fluids used in X5. Will you drive it on all Nigerian roads(not Ikoyi/Lekki roads). This is not about a car you can afford to buy, but use on Naija roads.

Do not mix utility with luxury.
Re: The Best Jeep For Nigerian Roads? by Ivvie: 4:51pm On Nov 23, 2007
I'm not an enthusiast about Toyota but I do know what's right. Nothing outperforms Toyota.
Re: The Best Jeep For Nigerian Roads? by seun001(m): 5:02pm On Nov 23, 2007
Ivvie:

I'm not an enthusiast about Toyota but I do know what's right. Nothing outperforms Toyota.

WORD! thats the operative word.
Re: The Best Jeep For Nigerian Roads? by israelite(m): 6:12pm On Nov 24, 2007
Guys u need to check out the new NISSAN ARMANDA 2007, model i think is abt 10miilion

naira, also the latest RANGE ROVER SPORT HSE A.K.A BRITISH PRIDE abt 16m bullet proof and 12m other in

case, these ar they jeep big boys and men in

victoria island ar riding now includin the INFINITY Q65, men u will be glad u ve it.
Re: The Best Jeep For Nigerian Roads? by sultaan(m): 8:23pm On Nov 24, 2007
They all have nothing on the Escalade. Just oversized trucks.

Do whatever whenever wherever is the Wrangler.
Re: The Best Jeep For Nigerian Roads? by Okejazz(m): 3:49am On Nov 25, 2007
Guys, my Armada is still up for grabs and no matter what people say, this vehicle defintely commands alot of attention.
Some folks are meant for this vehicle while some folks are not. If it's you, then it's going for 6m.Holla at me.

BOBO1
Re: The Best Jeep For Nigerian Roads? by shaiguy(m): 9:07am On Nov 25, 2007
@ pennywise

Bros nice choice of wheels, premium sound system? that should be a limited or ed model
Lovely SUV, forget bout all the bad coverage on the net, the 2002 - 2005 explorer is a nice suv for naija roads
Re: The Best Jeep For Nigerian Roads? by redsun(m): 6:35pm On Nov 25, 2007
I think the best trucks for nigerian roads wil be the good old land rover or rugged military jeeps made for the deserts and rough terrains
Re: The Best Jeep For Nigerian Roads? by promise72(m): 7:19pm On Nov 25, 2007
whatever u decide to buy. remember that maintenance is the key. theres no point of having a car you can find parts, or parts 2 costly or mechanic not too close by.

whatever floats your boat!
Re: The Best Jeep For Nigerian Roads? by sultaan(m): 10:49pm On Nov 25, 2007
That is why X5,Range Rover is not a very good idea. If any of you know the technology that keeps that car going you'll know it won't be a good idea to have car problem with one of those in Olodo village(btw Abeokuta and Ibadan)
Re: The Best Jeep For Nigerian Roads? by Ivvie: 4:29pm On Nov 26, 2007
Point of correction - Armada doesn't turn heads. I guess I just figured why people purchase vehicles they end up defaulting on; to turn heads (lol). Armada is just an imitation of the Land Cruiser.

I pity anyone with a Range Rover in Nigeria. You are going to end up with a heap of expensive sheetmetal when suspension goes out. The good thing is that it goes out without warning and no guarantee when replaced. All four has to be replaced irregardless and there is no back up. You should have approx. $3000 set aside. Range Rovers are not built for tropicalised regions.

To the person talking about an X5, they aren't built to be driven on rough terrains. They are strictly biased towards smooth highway driving. Ride becomes extremely harsh (same as most luxury cars) on rough pavement. Then, vehicle interior begins to rattle, suspension components needs to be replaced and sooner, needs a head gasket job. Neglecting 007, the BMW is as every other car that is sport biased and they don't last.

The common factor that I have noticed is that they all end up parked in the owners compound.
Re: The Best Jeep For Nigerian Roads? by sultaan(m): 1:42am On Nov 27, 2007
For the first time bro, I verily verily agree with you on everything, especially the part where it is parked( for a smaller car only to be dragged out on very special occasion)

Here is something we still disagree on. I always pick Jeep because they are the only SUV maker that still emphasize the offroad capability of their truck with the trail rated badging( owners actually encouraged to take off road owners risk)
Re: The Best Jeep For Nigerian Roads? by Okejazz(m): 4:50am On Nov 27, 2007
Bro, I stand to be corrected and Armadas have NO relations to Landcruisers.
Pls do your home work or better, drive both cars before ranting on possible problems with suspensions and head gaskets. Stuff totally unfounded. Pls,

You see your Toyota syndrome has beclouded your views on the one ideal in operating any vehicle and that is driveabilty. This variable for the most part is dependent on the driver himself. If you are a bad driver whether in a Toyota or a Range rover, you are a bad driver period and the same goes vis a vis, not the vehicle.
Re: The Best Jeep For Nigerian Roads? by sultaan(m): 3:32pm On Nov 27, 2007
Person wey wan sell Armada don vex o, Ivvie wan spoil market shocked Shu shu commot.

Many people fit afford to buy vehicle,but not fit maintain am.

@Okejazz
Armada, Expedition, Landcruiser Expedition are all full size suv(related by class)
Re: The Best Jeep For Nigerian Roads? by qw9049: 4:10pm On Nov 27, 2007
grin shocked cool
Re: The Best Jeep For Nigerian Roads? by qw9049: 4:14pm On Nov 27, 2007
grin shocked cool
Re: The Best Jeep For Nigerian Roads? by Ivvie: 4:17pm On Nov 27, 2007
Sultaan,

In as much as I don't like American cars (especially Ford and Chrysler), I know what's true and untrue. There is a Jeep lineup that marks the towers of offroad capability(ies). I want to believe it's the Wrangler (I'm not too sure). It's framelike design and has a short wheelbase. It'll climb anything and through any terrain. The short wheelbase and its extreme rugged tolerance is what makes it its class of its own.
Re: The Best Jeep For Nigerian Roads? by Ivvie: 4:35pm On Nov 27, 2007
Okejazz

I have no intention of messing your business.

I believe I made no mention of head gaskets and suspension with respect to Armada.  If you took time to read the post, you'd have figured that I was referring to the BMW and not Nissan (someone mentioned an X5).  It's a low-midrange V8 thus, doesn't run as hot as BMW. 

I like Toyota's because they are good vehicles and they innovate ground breaking technologies unlike Nissan's that build vehicles with parts only to implement when patents are open source.  In otherwords, they don't come up with anything new.  The truth still lingers, it won't turn heads as oppose to a fellow with a Rover Sport or match the halo beams of a BMW.
Re: The Best Jeep For Nigerian Roads? by sultaan(m): 4:47pm On Nov 28, 2007
There is only one Wrangler the original jeep.
See what pepople do with jeep off road here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGFASxRPM10
Hey Nissan came up with the crossover(Murano) and I think they were one of the first to use CVT transmission.

I once sat in a parking lot watch a guy spend 40min trying to help a lady change a flat on a LX470(I was on phone).Problem was he couldn't get the spare out for 40min+.Imagine that in a Range Rover, or X5 on Lagos-Benin road; someone say sitting fat duck.
Re: The Best Jeep For Nigerian Roads? by Ivvie: 5:16pm On Nov 28, 2007
Is that what is known as the wrangler? What Jeep is that and what year? I thought wranglers were skelectal in frame. What are the details to the Jeep shown in this video?

A CVT transmission for offroad capability is theorectically nonsense (NISSAN). Would you be full throttling offroad?!
Re: The Best Jeep For Nigerian Roads? by sultaan(m): 5:53pm On Nov 28, 2007
That was the Jeep Cherokee; btw Wrangler and Grand Cherokee, probably a '96.Most US service that go off road use this truck.
Discontinued for a more refined Liberty which was rebuffed by off road enthusiasts as being to feminine because they went after CRV.So off road guys went to the GC. To pacify strained loyalist the made the Wrangler Unlimited.
Re: The Best Jeep For Nigerian Roads? by obua: 6:40pm On Nov 28, 2007
The best jeeps for the Nigerian roads should actually be Nissan Patrol. especially the MK1,2
This explains why many tow van operators use them. Their parts are available and engines very cheap.
Re: The Best Jeep For Nigerian Roads? by Ivvie: 8:00pm On Nov 28, 2007
sultaan:

That was the Jeep Cherokee; between Wrangler and Grand Cherokee, probably a '96.Most US service that go off road use this truck.
Discontinued for a more refined Liberty which was rebuffed by off road enthusiasts as being to feminine because they went after CRV.So off road guys went to the GC. To pacify strained loyalist the made the Wrangler Unlimited.

It's interesting how people forego trend/tradition for the same of money and competition. I will read up the '96 Cherokee.
Re: The Best Jeep For Nigerian Roads? by passionwit(m): 2:35am On Dec 03, 2007
Hey Pal,

Dont think of buying a Jeep for the Nigerian road cos it doesnt even work anymore i advice you go get yourself A 10 TIRE TIPPER (those tippers that loads sand at AJA)

Take to my advice please its not costly its just 2.5m its the best for now

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Iranian Engineers Unveil Carbon Copy Lamborghini Murcielago SV Sportscar / Solar-powered Tricycle Reportedly Built By Nigerian Man In Lagos (photos) / Nigeria Hosts Worldwide Car Racing Organisation’s Regional Congress

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.