Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,342 members, 7,888,087 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 07:04 PM

How I Chased Out ISIS, Boko Haram From Kogi – Yahaya Bello - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How I Chased Out ISIS, Boko Haram From Kogi – Yahaya Bello (761 Views)

This General Said He Prevented Boko Haram From Entering Lagos (photo) / Kogi: Yahaya Bello Drinks Tea As He Watches The Final Collation Of Results / Nigerian Military Clears Boko Haram From Borno Town (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Chased Out ISIS, Boko Haram From Kogi – Yahaya Bello by nairavsdollars(f): 11:28am On Feb 18, 2021
Kogi State governor, Yahaya Bello on Thursday revealed how he chased out members of the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) who were training Boko Haram members from the state.

The governor who spoke on Channels Television programme ‘Sunrise Daily’ monitored by Daily Independent said the ISIS members who came with sophisticated equipment settled down in his senatorial district and were using the place to recruit and train Boko Haram members.

He however said he was able to flush them with the combined efforts of the police, military and the DSS.

He said the issue of insecurity will be greatly resolved if everybody takes responsibility for the security of their environment.

“In Kogi state, every citizen is a police; every citizen secures their enclaves. Security is the business of everybody. If you allow criminals to settle in your community, before you call on law enforcement agencies, a lot of harm would have been done”.

“We educate every citizen in Kogi state that they must secure their environment and to make sure they report any strange faces and any acts of criminality immediately to law enforcement agencies. Whenever the situation goes beyond them, I zero in immediately and make sure we deal with it”.

“There are hardened criminals that have been existing in Kogi state before and some politicians will harbour them. I made sure that I liquidate them as quickly as possible and that ended the game of criminality in Kogi state once and for all”.
“If anybody is coming to settle with us with good intention, we welcome you wholeheartedly. There are several millions of Nigerians that have relocated to Kogi state and we are cohabiting very well. We expunge the criminals among them without labeling where they come from or the religion or ethnicity they belong to”.
‘In Kogi state as hot as it was then when I came in, we had ISIS. In fact , in my own senatorial district. They came, they live there and were training Boko Haram. They came with equipment but with the help of the police, the military and the DSS. We did not spare anybody. We rout them out immediately and Kogi Central and the entire Kogi state is very peaceful today’.
https://www.independent.ng/how-i-chased-out-isis-boko-haram-from-kogi-yahaya-bello/

1 Like

Re: How I Chased Out ISIS, Boko Haram From Kogi – Yahaya Bello by Fahdiga(m): 11:29am On Feb 18, 2021
Propaganda won't make you president. keep dreaming boy

2 Likes

Re: How I Chased Out ISIS, Boko Haram From Kogi – Yahaya Bello by osamz007: 11:43am On Feb 18, 2021
CHASE OUT POVERTY PAY SALARIES
LORI IRO

1 Like

Re: How I Chased Out ISIS, Boko Haram From Kogi – Yahaya Bello by illicit(m): 12:31pm On Feb 18, 2021
Can u chase out corruption
Re: How I Chased Out ISIS, Boko Haram From Kogi – Yahaya Bello by Samirana360(m): 12:32pm On Feb 18, 2021
u try but ur state is still one of the worst states in Nigeria....thank me later
Re: How I Chased Out ISIS, Boko Haram From Kogi – Yahaya Bello by bookson(m): 12:46pm On Feb 18, 2021
He didn't lie on this one. I can personally attest to this cos I am from Kogi state. In Kogi state, you are immediately reported to authorities if your face is strange and your actions are suspicious. Infact, a stranger can't rent apartment in my place now without guarantor or clarity of identity and purpose. So, Gov. Yahaya Bello may be owing salary but when it comes to handling of security challenges, he is excellent. May wisdom be increased in you to govern your people well henceforth in Jesus name, AMEN. #GOD BLESS KOGI PEOPLE #GOD BLESS KOGI GOVERNMENT #GOD BLESS NIGERIA.

2 Likes

Re: How I Chased Out ISIS, Boko Haram From Kogi – Yahaya Bello by BlackfireX: 12:58pm On Feb 18, 2021
APC is working , all APC state is working...
Re: How I Chased Out ISIS, Boko Haram From Kogi – Yahaya Bello by Monogamy: 1:00pm On Feb 18, 2021
This one just dey open his basket mouth anyhow.

No be only ISIS, na alqaeeda
Re: How I Chased Out ISIS, Boko Haram From Kogi – Yahaya Bello by Dagah2: 1:10pm On Feb 18, 2021
grin
Re: How I Chased Out ISIS, Boko Haram From Kogi – Yahaya Bello by alizma: 1:19pm On Feb 18, 2021
Politics aside, he tried on security issues in Kogi. Forget about the mentioning of ISIS and Boko Haram, generally the security situation in Kogi state has improved since his administration. In fact I remember when I traveled to Kogi state at the earlier stage of his administration, a lot of bad boys were mentioned to had been picked up by military men for their involvement in one crime or the other. Then I was told that the security operatives were able to take the boys off the street successful because they had the support of the state governor.
However if you have any different view you can state it but make sure you had been to the state before he became governor and also have visited the state since he became governor.

1 Like

Re: How I Chased Out ISIS, Boko Haram From Kogi – Yahaya Bello by 9jatriot(m): 1:20pm On Feb 18, 2021
The kind of bleach this Yaya Bello de use launder his image in recent times non be local one o.

I don almost de forget say he was the worst governor in Nigeria b4

1 Like

Re: How I Chased Out ISIS, Boko Haram From Kogi – Yahaya Bello by slivertongue: 1:57pm On Feb 18, 2021
drama king
Re: How I Chased Out ISIS, Boko Haram From Kogi – Yahaya Bello by Maxymilliano(m): 3:12pm On Feb 18, 2021
Aside sounding like a polical campaign, I think he speaks so bravely and intelligent
Re: How I Chased Out ISIS, Boko Haram From Kogi – Yahaya Bello by nairavsdollars(f): 5:32pm On Feb 18, 2021
have you been to kogi to confirm if its true?
Monogamy:
This one just dey open his basket mouth anyhow.

No be only ISIS, na alqaeeda

(1) (Reply)

Tinubu - Yoruba Nation / Man Threw ‘ram Party’ For Buhari’s UK Medical Trip Return[photos] / Buhari’s Destructive Policies And Fulani Terrorism Will Ignite Yoruba Exodus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.