Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,125 members, 7,977,242 topics. Date: Wednesday, 16 October 2024 at 11:24 PM

What Good Is My Marriage If My Husband Treats Outsiders Better Than Me?-pls Advi - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Good Is My Marriage If My Husband Treats Outsiders Better Than Me?-pls Advi (1938 Views)

Why Do Some People Prefer Treating Outsiders Better More Than Their Relatives? / "Who Should Relocate After Marriage If The Wife Earns More " - See Reply / My Marriage Has Finally Ended (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Good Is My Marriage If My Husband Treats Outsiders Better Than Me?-pls Advi by Rabbi4real: 5:22pm On Feb 18, 2021
Good evening,

Please share my story, I want to remain anonymous. I think I want a divorce, the only problem is that I do not have a job and I don't know if I can stand on my own if I leave my husband. I met my husband 3 years ago. He has a babymama who they share a son with. He said he could not marry her cos she is materialistic and always wanting more than he can offer her.

My husband is doing well. He holds a senior position in the bank and he is paid well. So, when he dated me,he said he does not want the person he will  marry to work cos he wants his wife to take care of the children until they are grown and gone to boarding house.

So I knew that marrying him, I was not going to work but take care of the home and the children. My husband placed me on a monthly upkeep money of 100k. Later, he reduced it to 70k. Now, that amount is too small for me to run our house cos I spend the money on food, diapers for our baby, dstv, fuel for the generator and my car.

To some people,70k is alot of money but for someone who earns almost 1M every month (I just found out last year), I feel he is grossly taking advantage of us. I have talked to him begged him to increase the money to at least 200k...and he says I do not need money after all, he pays school fees, rent, he has bought bag of rice for me, he pays estate dues, light bill, and some few other things.

But I do not have my own pocket money cos the 70k goes into food and its not even enough...so I beg him money to do my hair. He will tell me to....

https://livelystones.ng/2021/02/18/what-good-is-my-marriage-if-my-husband-treats-outsiders-better-than-me-pls-advise/

Re: What Good Is My Marriage If My Husband Treats Outsiders Better Than Me?-pls Advi by Nobody: 5:25pm On Feb 18, 2021
make I chill here small grin
Re: What Good Is My Marriage If My Husband Treats Outsiders Better Than Me?-pls Advi by IbnBattuta1960: 5:46pm On Feb 18, 2021
Following
Re: What Good Is My Marriage If My Husband Treats Outsiders Better Than Me?-pls Advi by Winneygirl(f): 8:45pm On Feb 18, 2021
If you as a full grown adult decide that you don't want to do anything productive with your life...
You just want to sit down and claim title of married... I wish you Good luck.
In this life, money earns you respect from everyone. But you choose to be begging, instead of working.... I wish you Good luck.
You're taking care of children undecided
Working class women, business women, market women all have children and they are taking care of them just fine.
Children will grow up leave the house. What will you be doing then?

6 Likes

Re: What Good Is My Marriage If My Husband Treats Outsiders Better Than Me?-pls Advi by Rubbiish(m): 8:53pm On Feb 18, 2021
Winneygirl:
If you as a full grown adult decide that you don't want to do anything productive with your life...
You just want to sit down and claim title of married... I wish you Good luck.
In this life, money earns you respect from everyone. But you choose to be begging, instead of working.... I wish you Good luck.
You're taking care of children undecided
Working class women, business women, market women all have children and they are taking care of them just fine.
Children will grow up leave the house. What will you be doing then?
Your imperfections are part of what makes you strong!

1 Like

Re: What Good Is My Marriage If My Husband Treats Outsiders Better Than Me?-pls Advi by egojeny1(f): 9:24pm On Feb 18, 2021
southniyikaye:
make I chill here small grin
Hahahaha, chiller smiley

Marriage ehn
Re: What Good Is My Marriage If My Husband Treats Outsiders Better Than Me?-pls Advi by Nobody: 9:49pm On Feb 18, 2021
Which kind woman be this? You get 70k every month and you spend it all on those things you listed up there?? You can't save even if it's 5k every month then look for a small biz you can be doing from home and increase from there, rather you're asking for more just because you suddenly realized he's earning 1mil.

If he gives you the 200k, it will still not be enough since you couldn't manage 70k, you still won't be able to manage 200k because your taste and standard of living will change that you'll need more money to keep up.

5 Likes

Re: What Good Is My Marriage If My Husband Treats Outsiders Better Than Me?-pls Advi by Eastson(m): 6:19am On Feb 19, 2021
Life no balance at all.

Single ladies check this out..
Serious Hookup Needed: https://www.nairaland.com/5903970/matured-single-lady-needed-serious#90317387
Re: What Good Is My Marriage If My Husband Treats Outsiders Better Than Me?-pls Advi by frozen70(f): 3:13pm On Feb 19, 2021
Rabbi4real:
Good evening,

Please share my story, I want to remain anonymous. I think I want a divorce, the only problem is that I do not have a job and I don't know if I can stand on my own if I leave my husband. I met my husband 3 years ago. He has a babymama who they share a son with. He said he could not marry her cos she is materialistic and always wanting more than he can offer her.

My husband is doing well. He holds a senior position in the bank and he is paid well. So, when he dated me,he said he does not want the person he will  marry to work cos he wants his wife to take care of the children until they are grown and gone to boarding house.

So I knew that marrying him, I was not going to work but take care of the home and the children. My husband placed me on a monthly upkeep money of 100k. Later, he reduced it to 70k. Now, that amount is too small for me to run our house cos I spend the money on food, diapers for our baby, dstv, fuel for the generator and my car.

To some people,70k is alot of money but for someone who earns almost 1M every month (I just found out last year), I feel he is grossly taking advantage of us. I have talked to him begged him to increase the money to at least 200k...and he says I do not need money after all, he pays school fees, rent, he has bought bag of rice for me, he pays estate dues, light bill, and some few other things.

But I do not have my own pocket money cos the 70k goes into food and its not even enough...so I beg him money to do my hair. He will tell me to....

https://livelystones.ng/2021/02/18/what-good-is-my-marriage-if-my-husband-treats-outsiders-better-than-me-pls-advise/

My advice for you is to endure whatever situation you find yourself
Re: What Good Is My Marriage If My Husband Treats Outsiders Better Than Me?-pls Advi by Rabbi4real: 5:30pm On Feb 19, 2021
grin grin grin
frozen70:

My advice for you is to endure whatever situation you find yourself
Re: What Good Is My Marriage If My Husband Treats Outsiders Better Than Me?-pls Advi by Teleprompter(f): 1:26pm On Feb 21, 2021
There has to be a catch.

Why would you allow a man to tell you not to work and you accepted the offer.

Go and find a job.

1 Like

Re: What Good Is My Marriage If My Husband Treats Outsiders Better Than Me?-pls Advi by Richy4(m): 1:55pm On Feb 21, 2021
Teleprompter:
There has to be a catch.

Why would you allow a man to tell you not to work and you accepted the offer.

Go and find a job.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
That was an oral agreement/ condition/ contract before they got married and it is legally binding smiley
Re: What Good Is My Marriage If My Husband Treats Outsiders Better Than Me?-pls Advi by Rabbi4real: 8:04pm On Feb 21, 2021
cool cool
Richy4:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
That was an oral agreement/ condition/ contract before they got married and it is legally binding smiley

(1) (Reply)

Advice Needed On This Pressing Issue. / At What Age Does A Man Stop Loving His Wife ? / Why Do Adopted Children Get Angry When They Realise They Were Adopted?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.