Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,936 members, 7,942,352 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 08:20 AM

Who Else Is Having Difficulty Accessing And Surfing Nairaland? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Who Else Is Having Difficulty Accessing And Surfing Nairaland? (420 Views)

Please Am Having Difficulty Loading My Memmcol Prepaid Meter(pics) / Strange: What I Saw While Surfing The Net / Having Difficulty In Deflowering My Virgin Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Else Is Having Difficulty Accessing And Surfing Nairaland? by QueenNemesis(m): 7:53pm On Feb 18, 2021
Is Nairaland under attack?

In the past few days, I have had extreme difficulty accessing and browsing Nairaland. The Nairaland site that loads easily and speedily within seconds now take about 10-15 minutes to load a single page.

This post does not intend to ridicule the efforts of the owner of this website regarding maintenance but to draw their attention to this budding menace that if left unchecked can prompt the gradual decline of this great website.

Seun
Lalsticlala
Dominique
Mynd44

3 Likes

Re: Who Else Is Having Difficulty Accessing And Surfing Nairaland? by Henrydonland(m): 7:55pm On Feb 18, 2021
I haven't noticed anything of that sort tho...but have gat my eyes peeled
Re: Who Else Is Having Difficulty Accessing And Surfing Nairaland? by Yusufisraelj(m): 7:58pm On Feb 18, 2021
Noticed it too, but not much of a delay, the loading rate is slow of trends.

1 Like

Re: Who Else Is Having Difficulty Accessing And Surfing Nairaland? by Lorenahertz(f): 8:03pm On Feb 18, 2021
QueenNemesis:
Is Nairaland under attack?

In the past few days, I have had extreme difficulty accessing and browsing Nairaland. The Nairaland site that loads easily and speedily within seconds now take about 10-15 minutes to load a single page.

This post does not intend to ridicule the efforts of the owner of this website regarding maintenance but to draw their attention to this budding menace that if left unchecked can prompt the gradual decline of this great website.

Seun
Lalsticlala
Dominique
Mynd44

I'm having the same issue since 2 days now. It's always very slow to load pages and pictures. Yesterday I just got frustrated and went to bed after trying severally to leave a comment but failed.
Re: Who Else Is Having Difficulty Accessing And Surfing Nairaland? by QueenNemesis(m): 8:09pm On Feb 18, 2021
Henrydonland:
I haven't noticed anything of that sort tho...but have gat my eyes peeled
Do you use another gadget apart from a phone to access Nairaland site?

It is shocking that you have not noticed that Nairaland pages load slower than normal in recent days.

What do you mean by : "eyes peeled"?

2 Likes

Re: Who Else Is Having Difficulty Accessing And Surfing Nairaland? by QueenNemesis(m): 8:11pm On Feb 18, 2021
Yusufisraelj:
Noticed it too, but not much of a delay, the loading rate is slow of trends.
I have switched from UC browser to Chrome and nothing has changed!

It is very frustrating. Nairaland is not usually this way.
Re: Who Else Is Having Difficulty Accessing And Surfing Nairaland? by Henrydonland(m): 8:16pm On Feb 18, 2021
QueenNemesis:

Do you use another gadget apart from a phone to access Nairaland site?

It is shocking that you have not noticed that Nairaland pages load slower than normal in recent days.

What do you mean by : "eyes peeled"?
maybe because I just joined and what I meant by "eyes peeled" is that I will be very viligant to see if it happens henceforth
Re: Who Else Is Having Difficulty Accessing And Surfing Nairaland? by QueenNemesis(m): 8:17pm On Feb 18, 2021
Lorenahertz:

I'm having the same issue since 2 days now. It's always very slow to load pages and pictures. Yesterday I just got frustrated and went to bed after trying severally to leave a comment but failed.
I'm relieved someone is explicitly corroborating my experience.

Nairaland was always quick to access ; before you are done clicking on a link, the next page is already staring at you. Pictures are also easily loaded without any hassle.

Sadly, since about 3 days ago, the story has negatively changed. Nairaland Front page now takes 10 minutes to fully load and God help you if you click on any story, it will delay and delay before you angrily shut down your browser.

I have loaded several other sites and nothing of such was noticed which prompted me to conclude that my experience definitely isn't an isolated one.

3 Likes

Re: Who Else Is Having Difficulty Accessing And Surfing Nairaland? by QueenNemesis(m): 8:24pm On Feb 18, 2021
Henrydonland:

maybe because I just joined and what I meant by "eyes peeled" is that I will be very viligant to see if it happens henceforth
So are you telling me once you click on a Nairaland page, it responds almost immediately??

Posting and replying on this thread is even proving to be too difficult so far.
Re: Who Else Is Having Difficulty Accessing And Surfing Nairaland? by Henrydonland(m): 8:31pm On Feb 18, 2021
QueenNemesis:

So are you telling me once you click on a Nairaland page, it responds almost immediately??

Posting and replying on this thread is even proving to be too difficult so far.

yes oo cheesy
Re: Who Else Is Having Difficulty Accessing And Surfing Nairaland? by QueenNemesis(m): 8:34pm On Feb 18, 2021
Henrydonland:

yes oo cheesy
Are you browsing with a phone?
Re: Who Else Is Having Difficulty Accessing And Surfing Nairaland? by Yusufisraelj(m): 8:34pm On Feb 18, 2021
QueenNemesis:

I have switched from UC browser to Chrome and nothing has changed!

It is very frustrating. Nairaland is not usually this way.

Yea glitches is expected in this line of business, guess the servers are not cooled properly or it's over loaded (this is rare for big businesses), or someone planted a bug.

All kind of scenarios is possible.

Which kind Moniker you get like this, it's not funny
Re: Who Else Is Having Difficulty Accessing And Surfing Nairaland? by thatsleepboy1: 8:35pm On Feb 18, 2021
I noticed it on Sunday too when I wanted to post happenings in my area. I couldn't upload pictures at all
Re: Who Else Is Having Difficulty Accessing And Surfing Nairaland? by QueenNemesis(m): 8:38pm On Feb 18, 2021
Yusufisraelj:

Yea glitches is expected in this line of business, guess the servers are not cooled properly or it's over loaded (this is rare for big businesses), or someone planted a bug.

All kind of scenarios is possible.

Which kind Moniker you get like this, it's not funny
The funny thing is it is beginning to load fast again. My fear is it can revert back to the state of 'slowness' anytime soon.

And about the moniker, I was just playing around.
Re: Who Else Is Having Difficulty Accessing And Surfing Nairaland? by Yusufisraelj(m): 8:44pm On Feb 18, 2021
QueenNemesis:

The funny thing is it is beginning to load fast again. My fear is it can revert back to the state of 'slowness' anytime soon.

And about the moniker, I was just playing around.

Yea, definitely it will be fixed, except if Seun decides he does not want to be in business, even Facebook, Twitter experience these glitches, but at the end of the day, it's always fixed. So it's nothing new.

Playing around? Hmmmm
Re: Who Else Is Having Difficulty Accessing And Surfing Nairaland? by criuze(m): 12:19pm On Feb 19, 2021
nothing like that here
Re: Who Else Is Having Difficulty Accessing And Surfing Nairaland? by Jack005(m): 12:57pm On Feb 19, 2021
I've noticed it too.
Re: Who Else Is Having Difficulty Accessing And Surfing Nairaland? by Lorenahertz(f): 1:52pm On Feb 19, 2021
QueenNemesis:

I'm relieved someone is explicitly corroborating my experience.

Nairaland was always quick to access ; before you are done clicking on a link, the next page is already staring at you. Pictures are also easily loaded without any hassle.

Sadly, since about 3 days ago, the story has negatively changed. Nairaland Front page now takes 10 minutes to fully load and God help you if you click on any story, it will delay and delay before you angrily shut down your browser.

I have loaded several other sites and nothing of such was noticed which prompted me to conclude that my experience definitely isn't an isolated one.

I think it has something to do with the network sha cos my hubby uses glo and it works perfectly for him. Do you use MTN? My little niece who uses MTN, I tried accessing NL with her phone but the same issue persisted. So maybe MTN is quarrelling with nairaland cheesy

Also, I noticed that the issue is prevalent at night. The website works just fine during the day.

(1) (Reply)

Men, Is This True? / One Thing You Must Do Before You Leave This Earth? / After Given Her My School Fees Bcoz Of Love See How She Paid Me Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.