Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,731 members, 7,908,862 topics. Date: Friday, 02 August 2024 at 01:17 PM

How Do I Convert My Gear From 13 Pin To 10 Pin? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Do I Convert My Gear From 13 Pin To 10 Pin? (13211 Views)

Why Is A 13 Pin Gearbox Not Repairable / Toyota Sienna 10 Pin Gear Not Working In Reverse But Works In Drive / Having Gear Problems On Your 10 Pin Gear? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Convert My Gear From 13 Pin To 10 Pin? by Dozieson(m): 4:50pm On Dec 05, 2021
MARKone:

Sorry, I had to laugh, had a brain freeze reading this, till I realised it was your phone number....seben seben grin

I swear

1 Like

Re: How Do I Convert My Gear From 13 Pin To 10 Pin? by olenyi: 8:11am On Dec 06, 2021
Brooks5:

I paid N350K and was told it's a 13 pin gear but my check engine light won't go off after installation and the gear always has a revving sound when am accelerating and does hard shifting especially when I downshift. I became afraid when someone told me that they can buy a 10 pin gear and convert it.

How do I know if it is a 10 or 13 pin gear?
Also, are you in Abuja?

https://www.nairaland.com/6435656/abuja-environs-remotely-follow-car
Re: How Do I Convert My Gear From 13 Pin To 10 Pin? by patrick100(m): 1:08pm On Sep 08, 2022
Exactly what just happened to me now.
I changed my shaft and the next day, I couldn't drive smoothly. Now they are telling me that the gear has packed up. I am being advised to change to a 10 pin transmission.
Freshlook46:
Really? I don't know why the 13 pin is sensitive. My transmission was good and working perfectly until a mechanic worked on the shaft. I was driving home that day from his work place my car refused to move and the next thing I heard was loud noise from the gear that was how it spoiled. I will buy the 13 pin gear as you said .. thank you
Re: How Do I Convert My Gear From 13 Pin To 10 Pin? by Dozieson(m): 1:53pm On Sep 08, 2022
patrick100:
Exactly what just happened to me now.
I changed my shaft and the next day, I couldn't drive smoothly. Now they are telling me that the gear has packed up. I am being advised to change to a 10 pin transmission.

No change o. Stick with 13pin to avoid more troubles. Money is the issue here. Those yeye mechanic has contaminated your gear with their dirty work environment
Re: How Do I Convert My Gear From 13 Pin To 10 Pin? by Baldmarv(m): 9:22am On Jul 10
My 2006 Toyota Camry i4 has a shudder with the following characteristics:
1. Vibrations start at around 50m/hr or 80km/hr.
2. Happens only on light throttle.
3. It goes away if I let off the throttle or press Down and it shifts to a lower gear.
4. Only happens after 5th gear when the rpm drops below 2000.

My suspicion is a faulty torque converter for the following reasons:
1. If I turn off Over Drive, limiting the transmission to 4 gears it never vibrates.
2. I’ve dropped the pan, cleaned and actually flushed the transmission fluid with T-IV. And it made no difference; so I know it’s not a fluid issue.
3. My tires are new and balanced
4. Car runs smoothly at same speed it usually vibrates when I turn off OD.
5. My engine mounts and shafts are tight with no clucks when I engage drive or reverse.

Please gurus am I on the right track? Your contributions will be greatly appreciated! If I am on the right track, how do I know a good replacement TC?
Re: How Do I Convert My Gear From 13 Pin To 10 Pin? by jadekusibe: 2:11pm On Jul 28
It is doable to convert 13-pin to 10-pin gear box provided your gear mechanic is an expert... It is what we have been doing in our workshop without return jobs..... Like they say knowledge is power...It is very simple... Certified okay 10-pin gear box, separate TCM, it depends on your car model e.g we can use 2AZ or 2GR TCM, engine coolant temperature sensor, wiring harness with connector, and some wiring work will do the magic......
Re: How Do I Convert My Gear From 13 Pin To 10 Pin? by ApcBacteriafonj: 3:15pm On Jul 28
jadekusibe:
It is doable to convert 13-pin to 10-pin gear box provided your gear mechanic is an expert... It is what we have been doing in our workshop without return jobs..... Like they say knowledge is power...It is very simple... Certified okay 10-pin gear box, separate TCM, it depends on your car model e.g we can use 2AZ or 2GR TCM, engine coolant temperature sensor, wiring harness with connector, and some wiring work will do the magic......
After mounting the sluggish 10-pin gear will the Speed be fast like 13-pin gear Answer this question if you think you are smart

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Police Launch An Online Portal For Reporting Stolen Vehicles / Hennessy Unveils The New Venom F5,Which Could Be The 1st Road Car To Hit 300mph / Signs Of A Bad Catalytic Converter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.