Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,154 members, 7,949,961 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 02:22 AM

Ladies Should Not Wear Trousers: What Did The Bible Really Say? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ladies Should Not Wear Trousers: What Did The Bible Really Say? (287 Views)

New Changes For Jehovah's Witness: Women Can Wear Trousers, Men Must Not Wear.. / Does The Bible Really Condemn Marrying More Than One Wife? / Evangelist Victor Edet: 'Ladies Who Wear Trousers Can Never Make Heaven' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ladies Should Not Wear Trousers: What Did The Bible Really Say? by McCoy662(m): 8:40am On Feb 21, 2021
Just yesterday when I was coming back from work, at one bus stop, I saw a cluster of white posters with inscription "LADIES SHOULD NOT WEAR TROUSER, FEAR GOD. Deuteronomy 22:5"

I've actually read this Bible verse before and it says A woman shall not wear anything that pertains to a man, nor shall a man put on a woman's garment; for whoever does these things is an abomination to the Lord your God" RSV.
This has nothing to do with Bible as the original jewish tradition doesn't even recognize trousers for either men or women clothing. And again, we all know that there are both women and men trousers.

So I ask, what does this verse really mean??
Re: Ladies Should Not Wear Trousers: What Did The Bible Really Say? by Nobody: 8:40am On Feb 21, 2021
It's talking about the gayism and lesbianism that amongst men which was established by the fallen angels who had preference for things like this (this abomination amongst men have been present since the towel of Babel)

Just as your narration of ancient Jewish tradition explain.

But a woman can actually put on a trouser just like it's a tradition now in the west but the issue is the intention behind it.

Are you wearing it to look smart, casual, and mobile?

Are you wearing it to seduce the opposite sex?
Re: Ladies Should Not Wear Trousers: What Did The Bible Really Say? by JaneYave(f): 9:23am On Feb 21, 2021
People should rather emphasize abstinence from pre-marital sex than trouser issues. All these Petty Petty ways of lying down man for the law. I wear trousers and my heart loves Jesus, I fellowship with the Holy Spirit every day. I know God loves me like no other, regardless of fallen standards. God's saving grace has no format!
Re: Ladies Should Not Wear Trousers: What Did The Bible Really Say? by Ebuka78: 9:32am On Feb 21, 2021
McCoy662:
Just yesterday when I was coming back from work, at one bus stop, I saw a cluster of white posters with inscription "LADIES SHOULD NOT WEAR TROUSER, FEAR GOD. Deuteronomy 22:5"

I've actually read this Bible verse before and it says A woman shall not wear anything that pertains to a man, nor shall a man put on a woman's garment; for whoever does these things is an abomination to the Lord your God" RSV.
This has nothing to do with Bible as the original jewish tradition doesn't even recognize trousers for either men or women clothing. And again, we all know that there are both women and men trousers.

So I ask, what does this verse really mean??

Did + present tense, and not past tense.

What did the Bible say
Re: Ladies Should Not Wear Trousers: What Did The Bible Really Say? by JOSH54: 10:38am On Feb 21, 2021
WOMEN WEARING TROUSERS TO CHURCH DOES NOT GIVE THEM TICKET TO HELL BUT I THINK WHAT D CHURCH NEED TO DO IS EXPLAINING TO WOMEN D KINDS OF TROUSER TO WEAR. EACH TROUSER WERE DESIGN FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE E.G FOR OFFICE, OUTING, MARKETS ETC BUT WHY COME PEOPLE ARE DEBATING ON WOMEN WEARING TROUSERS, READ D BOOK OF DEUTEROMY N SEE MANY LAWS WE HAVE ABANDON BUT HAVE ONLY TAKE TROUSERS ISSUE TO DISTURB D CHURCH. AS FAR AS AM CONCERN ALL OUR WOMEN SHOULD DRESS DECENT N DAT IS D ULTIMATE GOAL
Re: Ladies Should Not Wear Trousers: What Did The Bible Really Say? by McCoy662(m): 11:58am On Feb 21, 2021
Ebuka78:

Did + present tense, and not past tense.

What did the Bible say
Thanks
Re: Ladies Should Not Wear Trousers: What Did The Bible Really Say? by obonujoker(m): 1:22pm On Feb 21, 2021
Men or Women.

Which gender was trouser originally designed for?

(1) (Reply)

What Christians Can Learn From Muslims! / Youtube Suspends TB Joshua’s Channel, Facebook Takes Action Too / Did Apostle Johnson Suleman Lied When He Said God Told Him We Should Not Expect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.