Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,100 members, 7,887,189 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 12:31 AM

Bad 'UNIBEN Water': Students Protest (Video) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Bad 'UNIBEN Water': Students Protest (Video) (556 Views)

Power Outage: UNIBEN Shuts Down Indefinitely After Students’ Protest / Dowen College: Mother Of Sylvester Oromoni Calls For Protest (Video) / "Snake Swallowed Our School Fees": Benue State University Students Protest (Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Bad 'UNIBEN Water': Students Protest (Video) by Babtech001: 11:48am On Feb 22, 2021
The University of Benin (UNIBEN), Benin City has yet again found itself in the bad side of the students. The school has been accused of producing unsafe drinking water for students' consumption.

A reporter for Featured24 in Benin who bought the UNIBEN sachet water to ascertain the students' claims concludes that the water being sold to the students is truly unclean.

Close observation shows some particles moving around in the already sealed sachet water exposing how unclean it is for consumption.

Our correspondent who gave the school a benefit of doubt that the water could have been an old stock which has been packaged for long dug deep into the situation to unravel the truth.

According to his findings, the water being sold out for consumption were recently produced. This shows that the water is not going through proper process before being sealed in sachets.

The students of the school have vowed to sue the Management of the varsity for refusing to acknowledge the complaints of the students.

The students also called on the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) to shut down the varsity water factory.

Meanwhile, in an apparent reaction, the Food and Drug Agency has vowed to shut down packaged water factories endangering Nigerians’ health.

But the UNIBEN management has now acknowledged the issues raised by the students, saying the matter was being addressed.

“The school is already on the matter please,” Dr. Benedicta Ehanire, UNIBEN's public relations officer, simply said in a students' online platform.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UuJgtCLYbw

https://featured24.com/nigeria/metro/uniben-students-kick-over-bad-uniben-water-video-848

Re: Bad 'UNIBEN Water': Students Protest (Video) by VaselineCrew: 11:54am On Feb 22, 2021
Almost the whole country, Governors neglect their basic duties, like providing pipe borne water.

You go to America, you open your tap, water flows, you pay a bill

You go to Nigeria, you first have to do research, does the estate provide water? Or do I need bore hole? Or do I call Tanker

Yet, Yet, the miscreants hail them as the best thing since sliced bread.

Even almighty Lagos, with their tollgate Tinubu, 78 million naira website Fashola and Sanwo olu now, still, you can't get government water even in the highest brow areas of lagos, were property is worth millions of dollars and feature open gutters.

Why should students at a renowned university, not be able to open their taps and get drinking water?

I'm just sick and tired of all you Nigerians, including you reading this, that will still lay down with your family on the road, just so these useless governors and leaders can walk all over you.

Why can't we organize to get technocrats at the helms of affairs?

It's 2021 for crying out loud!
Re: Bad 'UNIBEN Water': Students Protest (Video) by Fahdiga(m): 11:55am On Feb 22, 2021
I can't remember the last time I read any good news about Nigeria

(1) (Reply)

Laws Of Thought Is Really Giving Me Headache / An Interesting Problem From The China Mathematical Olympiad / Learn Digital Marketing Online With Google And Get Certified For Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.