Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,327 members, 7,974,414 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 12:37 AM

This Might Actually Be The Freest And Fairest Election In Nigeria's History - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Might Actually Be The Freest And Fairest Election In Nigeria's History (3339 Views)

I’m First To Create 5,400 Jobs In Nigeria’s History – Jonathan / Nigeria History Makers In Pictures / Great Leaders In Nigeria's History Before Total Colonisation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Might Actually Be The Freest And Fairest Election In Nigeria's History by EzeUche(m): 12:19am On Apr 10, 2011
^^^

So Goodluck has to lose in order for people to sing his praises? The man has widespread support if you like it or not.
Re: This Might Actually Be The Freest And Fairest Election In Nigeria's History by Nobody: 12:22am On Apr 10, 2011
info henry:

Tranparency of this election is not question. I bet you most of the thomases here never leave their bedroom since yesterday, they are busy with phone and laptop posting confusion in NL.

Honestly, recent opinions on Nairaland seem to be a sharp contrast of what I see on ground.

Whose supporters are responsible for this?
Re: This Might Actually Be The Freest And Fairest Election In Nigeria's History by AljUche: 12:23am On Apr 10, 2011
EzeUche:

^^^

So Goodluck has to lose in order for people to sing his praises? The man has widespread support if you like it or not.

whether i like him or not does not matter

what matters is what states he wins and whether people like him or not

he is certainly not winning ANY state in NE and NW which accounts for about 45% of his votes

he will not win all the states in the SW and NC whic account to about another 15% of his votes

so i would like to see the states he is going to win in
Re: This Might Actually Be The Freest And Fairest Election In Nigeria's History by MeGaStReEt: 12:40am On Apr 10, 2011
I laff in Goodluck
Re: This Might Actually Be The Freest And Fairest Election In Nigeria's History by Kobojunkie: 12:42am On Apr 10, 2011
Have the official results been announced in any of the zones??
Re: This Might Actually Be The Freest And Fairest Election In Nigeria's History by Beaf: 12:45am On Apr 10, 2011
EzeUche:

^^^

Profound respect is being added to the support with todays polls. cool
Re: This Might Actually Be The Freest And Fairest Election In Nigeria's History by Pharoh: 12:49am On Apr 10, 2011
Fresh air 2011 cool
Re: This Might Actually Be The Freest And Fairest Election In Nigeria's History by dempeople(m): 1:02am On Apr 10, 2011
One thing is certain. It wouldn't be business as usual. However, I caution peeps on wild celebrations and excitement for yesterday's election because, most of those non-PDP NASS winners are actually birds of the same feathers with their PDP counterparts. Remember, Nigerian political parties aren't parties of ideologies but, of convenience and avenue to embezzle funds.

Until we see a drastic reduction of NASS salaries/allowances/benefits (at least 3/4 reduction), we shouldn't really be celebrating that much.
Re: This Might Actually Be The Freest And Fairest Election In Nigeria's History by edoyad(m): 1:23am On Apr 10, 2011
Keep moving Mr. GEJ, your train has eight more years to go before it stops. Though it's a bit early to judge, results are showing it pays to elect educated people into Aso rock not functional illiterates whose fan base is 90% illiterate.

And as for that rubbish you people are reading on Sahara's website, i advise you not to believe the crap. They announced results in Ekiti state where polls didn't take place.
Re: This Might Actually Be The Freest And Fairest Election In Nigeria's History by Basseti: 1:25am On Apr 10, 2011
edoyad:

Keep moving Mr. GEJ, your train has eight more years to go before it stops. Though it's a bit early to judge, results are showing it pays to elect educated people into Aso rock not functional illiterates whose fan base is 90% illiterate.

And as for that rubbish you people are reading on Sahara's website, i advise you not to believe the crap. They announced results in Ekiti state where polls didn't take place.

grin
Re: This Might Actually Be The Freest And Fairest Election In Nigeria's History by jmaine: 5:15am On Apr 10, 2011
edoyad:

laff wan burst my belle (LWBMB)

taj1150:

One agrees that the election today was generally free and fair. We have to salute all Nigerians for making history. Today's election is perhaps the freest and the fairest since 1999. But to consider it "the freest and fairest in Nigeria's history" may not be historically correct. We must not be carried away by the euphoria of the moment. Facts are sacred.  cool

[size=16pt]GBAM[/size]

info henry:

Tranparency of this election is not question. I bet you most of the thomases here never leave their bedroom since yesterday, they are busy with phone and laptop posting confusion in NL.

Even people where dey far obodo oyinbo dey post false election results for their ward . .  shocked shocked
Re: This Might Actually Be The Freest And Fairest Election In Nigeria's History by biachwest: 5:36am On Apr 10, 2011
The people from obodo oyibo as you proclaim revealing elections results shos that we are leaving in the 21 centuary and tecnologies brings the world together and eventually makes it smaller.
information more easier. in the obodo oyibo as u claim,we have sitelite tvs,internet and there are eletion observas that post results on line.infact from obodo oyibo is even more easier for us to get more information about nigeria than you in e.g lagos or warri .
you probably dont have quick acess to information.I am not insulting but rather i am realistic.
Re: This Might Actually Be The Freest And Fairest Election In Nigeria's History by Nobody: 6:27am On Apr 10, 2011
edoyad:

yeye unethical journalist. i now stick to good old punch vanguard n guardian
Re: This Might Actually Be The Freest And Fairest Election In Nigeria's History by jmaine: 6:40am On Apr 10, 2011
biachwest:

The people from obodo oyibo as you proclaim revealing elections results shos that we are leaving in the 21 centuary and tecnologies brings the world together and eventually makes it smaller.
information more easier. in the obodo oyibo as u claim,we have sitelite tvs,internet and there are eletion observas that post results on line.infact from obodo oyibo is even more easier for us to get more information about nigeria than you in e.g  lagos or warri .
you probably dont have quick acess to information.I am not insulting but rather i am realistic.

Thank you for your insightful lecture but when people with no contacts on ground or better still credible contacts go about peddling false hood in the name of having 5G technology in their palm is not acceptable and technology demands that you use it well and not to abuse it . something dey worry you if you talk we no get the internet assess in our grasp . . i can categorically tell you that most Lagosians and to some extent other states in Nigeria can't remember the last time they went to a cafe cos we have our personal internet connection in our homes,offices and lately smart phones . .na people like una think say BB na just for pinging, chatting and circulating falsehood than using it as a business tool for what it is .if you have an internet connection and you can't make good use of it then it is as good as having none . .

[size=16pt]Confirm stories before you post . Is that too difficult for team Star Trek to understand.
[/size]
Re: This Might Actually Be The Freest And Fairest Election In Nigeria's History by CrudeOil2(m): 7:35am On Apr 10, 2011
Its all because of one man: Goodluck Ebele Jonathan.
Re: This Might Actually Be The Freest And Fairest Election In Nigeria's History by Rorhymes(m): 6:50pm On Apr 10, 2011
Whether u choose to accept it or not doesn't really count for those of us that have voted so far the elections have been free and fair. The president deserves sum credit for creating an enabling environment, for putting a competent person and for keeping to his words. A lot of people today do not even know how to do that.
Mr President deserves credit and that's that. Also if u want to wait to see if it is your candidate dat wins first before u can say it is free and fair then I really don't have anything to say to you. So far some major PDP big wigs have lost their slots and constituencies and have been swept away in most cases (pun intended) if that is not eye opening enough or free and fair enough.
Then its sad to say that u are unobjective and biased and one of the reasons we have problems in Nigeria
Re: This Might Actually Be The Freest And Fairest Election In Nigeria's History by willdave: 8:30am On Apr 11, 2011
Men can't believe that ever in the history of Nigeria, this election was the freest and fairest so far. In Port Harcourt, Rivers State we experienced peace. Everyone could cast their vote without looking back. Everything was carried out orderly and peacefully.
Re: This Might Actually Be The Freest And Fairest Election In Nigeria's History by Abagworo(m): 11:02am On Apr 11, 2011
Contrary to my earlier thoughts,the final results indicate that they were doctored.In Imo State where I am from,PDP did not win anything but the result announced has PDP as the winner.I foresee a serious crisis.In Abia I am so sure that papers were thumb printed by PDP agents inside a hotel in Umuahia.

This election was only free and fair in South West and some parts of the North.

In a nutshell Jega has failed.
Re: This Might Actually Be The Freest And Fairest Election In Nigeria's History by AljUche: 11:04am On Apr 11, 2011
Abagworo:

Contrary to my earlier thoughts,the final results indicate that they were doctored.In Imo State where I am from,PDP did not win anything but the result announced has PDP as the winner.I foresee a serious crisis.In Abia I am so sure that papers were thumb printed by PDP agents inside a hotel in Umuahia.

This election was only free and fair in South West and some parts of the North.

In a nutshell Jega has failed.

thank you

imagine after counting the vote that Ngige won then turn back and said it is inconclusive

what nonsense is that
Re: This Might Actually Be The Freest And Fairest Election In Nigeria's History by Xfactoria: 12:56pm On Apr 11, 2011
I think we should not jubilate this success of the NASS poll for now.

From experience in Nigeria, the NASS poll is usually the least volatile because in most cases, people don't know the candidates. Some of the Honourables and Senators stay back in Abuja and come home once in a while and the new entrants are not usually known grassroot people too. Usually the most volatile are the Governorship, state assemblies and local govt polls because the contestants are very much on ground.

So, I guess the volatility was considered in coming up with the time-table: NASS ------Presidential---------Governorship and State Assembly

I won't celebrate until the last one on April 26 ends the same way with less violence and malpractices.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Post-election Violence: Northern Christians Reject Probe Panel Chairman / Yoruba Offshore Oil Bloc, That Will Sustain Odua Republic. Niger Delta Dont Ever / WATCH: Interview With Hired Protesters Against Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.