Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,912 members, 7,890,019 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 07:32 AM

House Speaker Dimeji Bankole (PDP) Has Lost! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / House Speaker Dimeji Bankole (PDP) Has Lost! (10241 Views)

Dimeji Bankole Celebrates His 46th Birthday Today! / Minority PDP May Determine House Speaker / Dimeji Bankole Finally Arrested By EFCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: House Speaker Dimeji Bankole (PDP) Has Lost! by aloyemeka1: 10:56pm On Apr 10, 2011

Bankole on hearing the result
Re: House Speaker Dimeji Bankole (PDP) Has Lost! by Basseti: 10:57pm On Apr 10, 2011
lol!!!!!!! ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: House Speaker Dimeji Bankole (PDP) Has Lost! by mamagee3(f): 10:58pm On Apr 10, 2011
fxtopedia:

Iyabo is gone, Dimeji is gone, The next person is , GEJ

VOTE: BUHARI-BAKARE FOR PRESIDENT JARE
Is this really the demise of PDP? undecided
Re: House Speaker Dimeji Bankole (PDP) Has Lost! by Nobody: 11:00pm On Apr 10, 2011
190:

[size=28pt]NOOOO!!! it kant be true

This man dashed me 200K during my NYSC years

NOOOOO!!!!
[/size]

Are you serious? So money can buy you like this?

O ga fun yin. I hope this is a joke sha
Re: House Speaker Dimeji Bankole (PDP) Has Lost! by lexyman(m): 11:17pm On Apr 10, 2011
Hmmm, I just dey laugh.
Re: House Speaker Dimeji Bankole (PDP) Has Lost! by Btzzk: 11:25pm On Apr 10, 2011
Thank god another oleeeeeeeeeeee is gone

http://odili.net/news/source/2011/apr/10/399.html
Re: House Speaker Dimeji Bankole (PDP) Has Lost! by sojimade(m): 11:35pm On Apr 10, 2011
woh! goodnews of the year! cant wait to hear Goodluck's
Re: House Speaker Dimeji Bankole (PDP) Has Lost! by Sarahluv(f): 11:36pm On Apr 10, 2011
Dimeji Bankole is still young, and I'm sure will still serve his fatherland in another capacity in the near future. His constituency is just not feeling him or PDP right now, and that's why he needs to get out. Soon, politicians will recognize that power is fully in the hands of the people, and will then make sure they are fully accountable to those they govern.
Re: House Speaker Dimeji Bankole (PDP) Has Lost! by md4real(m): 11:37pm On Apr 10, 2011
I like the dude, he congratulated the winner and said he accepted the result as a reflection of the people's wish. True democrat
Re: House Speaker Dimeji Bankole (PDP) Has Lost! by damola1: 11:43pm On Apr 10, 2011
Bankky has little or no problem now, dem born GEJ well, make he no give ma one strong elected position?, banky is a strong big boy, so nothing do am.

When can he begin to answer to why he passed some funny bills, like the sim registration?, Will the EFCC able to ask more questions now?
Re: House Speaker Dimeji Bankole (PDP) Has Lost! by hamson4u: 12:25am On Apr 11, 2011
MY BRODA THIS INFO OF URS IS NOT TRUE!!!
engrkunlex:

Abeg am fr OYO we ar celebratin d death of our GOV AKALA (BEST FASHION GOV) ACN sweep all d seat.abeg lets giv kudos to GEJ because if he dont apoint jega,abeg na d same story lif like BABA MONKEY fr ogun era
Re: House Speaker Dimeji Bankole (PDP) Has Lost! by tonyvision: 2:11am On Apr 11, 2011
I know Bankole will lost,that is a price he have to pay for what he did in office
Re: House Speaker Dimeji Bankole (PDP) Has Lost! by Jaideyone(m): 8:13am On Apr 11, 2011
why's everyone praising goodluck for giving us fair NASS elections? our president shouldn't be praised for giving us free and fair elections. It's our right angry
Re: House Speaker Dimeji Bankole (PDP) Has Lost! by Gbawe: 8:34am On Apr 11, 2011
Sarahluv:

Dimeji Bankole is still young, and I'm sure will still serve his fatherland in another capacity in the near future. His constituency is just not feeling him or PDP right now, and that's why he needs to get out. Soon, politicians will recognize that power is fully in the hands of the people, and will then make sure they are fully accountable to those they govern.

Gbam !!!! That is why I am proud of the SW region . Once our votes were allowed to count, we did what politically sophisticated electorates do throughout the World i.e we shunned sentiments and voted out indolent and incompetent leaders.

Other regions decided to carry on with the Party that has given them and Nigeria nothing for 12 years. I hope folks will now begin to respect the political sophistication of the average Yoruba person. I thought Nigeria was on a mission together i.e voting out the PDP especially at the legislative level.

We have seen , in 12 years, our legislative arm made worthless through the fact that the PDP has an overwhelming majority who always appear to be against progressive bills. The SW played its part in the attempt to whittle down that majority so that a more representative legislative arm could emerge and deliver better for Nigeria. Alas , some folks have let us down. Well, if the elections are free and fair then we accept the choices some have made even if it is dissapointing and self-defeating. It would just be good if certain folks , for the next 4 years, don't come here to complain about PDP misrule. It was clear we cannot keep doing things the same way and expecting different results. sIt seems some still don't understand that concept.
Re: House Speaker Dimeji Bankole (PDP) Has Lost! by Lagosboy: 9:06am On Apr 11, 2011
Bankole will soon decamp to ACN together with many of ogun state politicians. He will go prostrate to osoba and Tinubu and the whole story will continue.

The good thing is like it has been noted , once politicians realise rigging is impossible, accountability will start to count. On the depressing side is most of the ACN candidates in the national assembly, particularly house of rep won on the popularity of the party. These guys might become too comfortable and not perform as all they have to do is get the consent of the god father and they are sure of another term. undecided
Re: House Speaker Dimeji Bankole (PDP) Has Lost! by focusxo4: 9:25am On Apr 11, 2011
Let us commend, the president Goodluck Jonathan 4 not interfering and not subscribing 2
"do or die election" slogan.
Re: House Speaker Dimeji Bankole (PDP) Has Lost! by Gbawe: 9:31am On Apr 11, 2011
Lagosboy:

Bankole will soon decamp to ACN together with many of ogun state politicians. He will go prostrate to osoba and Tinubu and the whole story will continue.

The good thing is like it has been noted , once politicians realise rigging is impossible, accountability will start to count. On the depressing side is most of the ACN candidates in the national assembly, particularly house of rep won on the popularity of the party. These guys might become too comfortable and not perform as all they have to do is get the consent of the god father and they are sure of another term. undecided

My brother , why dis kain talk? Why can't you just graciously accept the will of the people instead of attributing it to one thing or the other? We know you support BB but can you at least , as a person from the SW region, show some love for the ACN? They did what we all said , tirelessly, we wanted before the elections i.e kicked out 12 years of unrepentant misrule. Yet you are only ever negative . Haba !!!!!!!! Kilode? Bawo de ni ogbeni?

You are already expressing doubts about the ACN candidates when you should be consumed with optimism and happiness if you look at the average performance of the ACN Governors and legislators . Man mi, I must confess that this your negative outlook and virtual prediction of failure for the ACN is worrying. To change Nigeria we needed other folks to do their bit because we have the highest paid yet most indolent and least vibrant legislators in the world courtesy of the monopoly and domination enjoyed by the PDP. The SW region was psyched up !! They did what they had to do bravely while others decided to give 12 years of useless leadership another chance. The ACN did a fine thing and folks of the SW can still be happy and proud that our legislators and Governors are in the camp of the good guys even if Nigeria , as a whole, underperformed with a worrying display that shows lack of political sophistication.

We must all respect the will of the people. If you are unhappy the CPC did not do better in the SW region then welcomed to the reality on the ground, many of us told you of , that made Tinubu stand firm on the insistence that his Party must be the platform of any alliance that emerges.
Re: House Speaker Dimeji Bankole (PDP) Has Lost! by fesse(f): 10:02am On Apr 11, 2011
I am not surprise that Bankole lost out. Why wont he loss his seat when he was busy campaining against Dino in his state. One good turn deserves another. I told 1 of my Egba colleague that Bankole is going to loss because he wasn't doing grass-root politics. I thank, congratulate and celebrate with the people of Ogun state for showing Bankole and Iyabo where they belong.

More of these to come.
Re: House Speaker Dimeji Bankole (PDP) Has Lost! by Nobody: 10:18am On Apr 11, 2011
fesse:

I am not surprise that Bankole lost out. Why wont he loss his seat when he was busy campaining against Dino in his state. One good turn deserves another. I told 1 of my Egba colleague that Bankole is going to loss because he wasn't doing grass-root politics. I thank, congratulate and celebrate with the people of Ogun state for showing Bankole and Iyabo where they belong.

More of these to come.
The problem with the people in abuja is that they always loose touch of the grass root
Re: House Speaker Dimeji Bankole (PDP) Has Lost! by eros(m): 10:52am On Apr 11, 2011
He had it coming, but surprised he took it in good faith. I would say he is a good loser and not a sore one.

In the end . . . . . . .Good riddance.
Re: House Speaker Dimeji Bankole (PDP) Has Lost! by nkeco: 11:25am On Apr 11, 2011
thats good
Re: House Speaker Dimeji Bankole (PDP) Has Lost! by sley4life(m): 11:32am On Apr 11, 2011
Bankole can now relax with the fund he has made as a speaker
Re: House Speaker Dimeji Bankole (PDP) Has Lost! by sandokaa: 11:34am On Apr 11, 2011
I wonder why everybody is praising INEC for the perceived success of last Saturday elections. People should wake up please. I hope this is not a grand design to make INEC get carried away and lower their guards, for election riggers to have a field day in subsequent elections. This is similar to the release of election results in the past, when opposition will take early lead and people will be applauding, only for the party in power to activate its rigging machines to sweep the remaining results like hurricane. It is not uhuru yet, especially if situation reports from the south south and south east are anything to go by.
Re: House Speaker Dimeji Bankole (PDP) Has Lost! by Nobody: 12:08pm On Apr 11, 2011
bankole has lost in abk south he lost to mr segun willam that is where i liv
Re: House Speaker Dimeji Bankole (PDP) Has Lost! by vislabraye(m): 5:00pm On Apr 11, 2011
He don chop beleful. But the issue is not with PDP. Are we sure ANC won't do the same or even worse?

He accepted the defeat in good fate. Thats a good character
Re: House Speaker Dimeji Bankole (PDP) Has Lost! by Shokoloko(f): 5:02pm On Apr 11, 2011
THE WILL OF THE PEOPLE IS NOT WHAT MADE BANKOLE LOSE? THIS IS HEAVY POLITICKING BEYOND OUR MINDS, LIKE A CHESS GAME, THE ACN GUYS WERE FORMER PDP,
ITS LIKE LETTING ANOTHER SET OF THIEVES WITHIN THE SAME GROUP LOOT THE TREASURY, WATCH BANKOLE RETURN, WATCH THE PDP STALWARTS DECAMP AND MOVE TO ACN; ITS A VICIOUS CIRCLE MAN
Re: House Speaker Dimeji Bankole (PDP) Has Lost! by Nobody: 5:08pm On Apr 11, 2011
Shokoloko:

THE WILL OF THE PEOPLE IS NOT WHAT MADE BANKOLE LOSE? THIS IS HEAVY POLITICKING BEYOND OUR MINDS, LIKE A CHESS GAME, THE ACN GUYS WERE FORMER PDP,
ITS LIKE LETTING ANOTHER SET OF THIEVES WITHIN THE SAME GROUP LOOT THE TREASURY, WATCH BANKOLE RETURN, WATCH THE PDP STALWARTS DECAMP AND MOVE TO ACN; ITS A VICIOUS CIRCLE MAN

My fears exactly, this may just be the last desperate move by GEj to woo nigerians and its working like hell
Re: House Speaker Dimeji Bankole (PDP) Has Lost! by Sarahluv(f): 6:10pm On Apr 11, 2011
Gbawe:

Gbam !!!! That is why I am proud of the SW region . Once our votes were allowed to count, we did what politically sophisticated electorates do throughout the World i.e we shunned sentiments and voted out indolent and incompetent leaders.

Other regions decided to carry on with the Party that has given them and Nigeria nothing for 12 years. I hope folks will now begin to respect the political sophistication of the average Yoruba person. I thought Nigeria was on a mission together i.e voting out the PDP especially at the legislative level.

We have seen , in 12 years, our legislative arm made worthless through the fact that the PDP has an overwhelming majority who always appear to be against progressive bills. The SW played its part in the attempt to whittle down that majority so that a more representative legislative arm could emerge and deliver better for Nigeria. Alas , some folks have let us down. Well, if the elections are free and fair then we accept the choices some have made even if it is dissapointing and self-defeating. It would just be good if certain folks , for the next 4 years, don't come here to complain about PDP misrule. It was clear we cannot keep doing things the same way and expecting different results. sIt seems some still don't understand that concept.

True. Voters in the southwest have done well, considering the general pulse of the people. I also like the fact that every other region made their own decisions, be these decisions right or wrong. Now we have to live with the choices made by Nigerians.
Re: House Speaker Dimeji Bankole (PDP) Has Lost! by danteweb: 6:19pm On Apr 11, 2011
Young people and the Nigeria we see

Re: House Speaker Dimeji Bankole (PDP) Has Lost! by boneyone(m): 6:36pm On Apr 11, 2011
oh well, lets see what these new guys would do. I still believe there should be little or no financial incentives for the house of rep, let it be a will to serve or maybe put them on the Civil service scale.
Didnt even know the house of rep guy for my constituency stayed around me, the guy practically lives in abuja and i wonder how he gets to feel the pulse of his people, there should be a law that mandates them to spend 75% of their tenure in their constituency , fix particular periods of the legislative calendar for them to converge, tired of these guys going to abuja and making a fool of us, ive got an imaginative mind :oand i always seem to conjure scenes of these guys hanging out and drinking while laughing at we all and how they are getting the best of us or rather how 'foolish' we are cry
Re: House Speaker Dimeji Bankole (PDP) Has Lost! by medjai(m): 7:31pm On Apr 11, 2011
Great! EFCC should be on the alert. We must hear what happened to the N9bn he couldn't account for.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria: Malabu Oil Scam - How U.S.$1.1 Billion Was Shared / Nigeria’s Inflation Decreases To 11.31% In February - NBS / Terrorists Attack Kaduna Village, Kill 2, Abduct About 50

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.