Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,630 members, 7,979,145 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 09:26 PM

Saying "Sorry" - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Saying "Sorry" (2979 Views)

Different Languages Of Saying ."thank You" / "IF Your Mother Never Does This To You(pix) When You Were Young Then am sorry 4u / How Do You Prove To Your Friend That Your Sorry When You Messed Things Up? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saying "Sorry" by Greatpeter(m): 3:50pm On Jun 29, 2005
Why is it hard for Nigerians to say sorry to our fellow men or women and even it does happen among lovers especially when at fault. Some people find it very difficult to say sorry, why?
Re: Saying "Sorry" by gina34(f): 11:00am On Jun 30, 2005
i think it cos of our pride, cos a proud man will never humble himself to say sorry to somebody.
coing to relationship the cos is also pride which is y we are were we are today, THE BIBLE SAYS DAT PRIDE GOES B4 A FALL
Re: Saying "Sorry" by Motee(f): 7:30pm On Jun 30, 2005
It’s just because one of the party wants to feel important. It takes me a second to say sorry and it does not make me feel uncomfortable even when I feel I should not. You can latter express your feelings.
Re: Saying "Sorry" by Nobody: 9:33am On Jul 01, 2005
well i'm one exception, if i wrong someone i never feel too proud/big to apologise. i promptly say sorry. ask peopel whoknow me, they'll tell u. and that my friend is the secret of keeping long lasting friendship. cheers.
Re: Saying "Sorry" by tayotina(f): 12:56pm On Jul 01, 2005
I don't find it difficult to say I am sorry. I say it every now and then and as trae_z rightly said "its the secret of keeping long lasting friendship".
Re: Saying "Sorry" by Pinky(f): 2:59pm On Jul 01, 2005
Motee:

It’s just because one of the party wants to feel important.  It takes me a second to say sorry and it does not make me feel uncomfortable even when I feel I should not.  You can latter express your feelings.
are u tyring to say u find it hard to say sorry? then wat sort of human being are u by feeling second in saying sorry.. its a very soft word that turns away anger.. but some nigerians dont even understand the meaning of the word let alone use it... if u wrong some1 & say sorry, u[b] will discover the person is growing deaf gradually to ur sorry[/b],. he/she will keep fuming & the more u say sorry the more they fume
ignorants
i cant do without saying sorry to those who understand
Re: Saying "Sorry" by Missworld(f): 3:16pm On Jul 01, 2005
I was the kind of person that will rather face whatever the outcome may be instead of saying sorry. So for years, my parents will remind me to say sorry every now and then. I found it difficult to say and besides, it was never coming from my heart. Whenever I say that word sorry, I felt so awkward. Anyways an incident changed that forever. Now saying sorry is something that lives in me and it doesn't cost any thing to say it.
Re: Saying "Sorry" by abrakson(f): 4:33pm On Jul 01, 2005
saying sorry only tells that u are a humble person and i think it does not cost anything though it could be annoying if u have to say sorry when u are right but for peace to rain i think its only civil to say sorry it brings about peace,unity and helps our relationships grow.
helping relationships,i only mean it to be that communication helps every form of r-ship be it parent to child,friends or even a love r-ship,if u'll rather keep mute then u are prude and then u keep pilling the issues until one day u decide to xplode and it might end in an ugly situation
lets try solving problems than letting go and saying it doesn't really mather when of a truth it does.o u did this and i dont think it went well with me, guess what a simple sorry should follow and not confrontations or argument
Re: Saying "Sorry" by justdman(m): 4:38pm On Jul 01, 2005
Well, they do say sorry is not in my dictionary and its true. I rather make it up than saying sorry cos if I do, know I'm giving you what you want to hear.
Re: Saying "Sorry" by Missworld(f): 5:03pm On Jul 01, 2005
Justdman does it change the kind of person you are when you tell people what they want to hear?
Re: Saying "Sorry" by justdman(m): 5:05pm On Jul 01, 2005
Missworld:

Justdman does it change the kind of person you are when you tell people what they want to hear?

Missy, it doesn't but sorry should come from the heart and not lips
Re: Saying "Sorry" by Missworld(f): 5:12pm On Jul 01, 2005
justdman:

Missworld link=topic=643.msg9069#msg9069 date=1120233808:

Even the one from the lips has an effect.
Re: Saying "Sorry" by justdman(m): 5:15pm On Jul 01, 2005
Missworld:

justdman link=topic=643.msg9070#msg9070 date=1120233945:

[quote author=Missworld link=topic=643.msg9069#msg9069 date=1120233808]

Even the one from the lips has an effect.
[/quote]

But it doesn't stop it from happening again. however, hearty sorry will never go back to do it
Re: Saying "Sorry" by Motee(f): 6:15pm On Jul 01, 2005
You got me wrong my dear. I don't find it hard to say sorry. I quote my statement "It’s just because one of the party wants to feel important". What I am trying to say here is that, any of the party that feels he/she cannot say sorry must be feeling too important at that moment or why he or she should. As you said and i quote "...it’s a very soft word that turns away anger".

You are right to say and I quote..."if you wrong someone & say sorry, you will discover the person is growing deaf gradually to your sorry"..this can happen if you purposely do what is bad and you have allowed the party to have a feeling that what its going to end it all is SORRY.

The best thing is to say sorry to those who understand and for those who do not understand it’s something they will find important one day in their life.
Re: Saying "Sorry" by IAH(f): 5:39pm On Jul 02, 2005
SORRY - I love hearing that word.
SORRY - I hate saying that word.
Re: Saying "Sorry" by Greatpeter(m): 6:19pm On Jul 02, 2005
IAH:

SORRY - I love hearing that word.
SORRY - I hate saying that word.
Haba! Why? It flows freely in my mouth and mind.
Re: Saying "Sorry" by Pinky(f): 8:18pm On Jul 02, 2005
Motee:

You are right to say and I quote..."if you wrong someone & say sorry, you will discover the person is growing deaf gradually to your sorry"..this can happen if you purposely do what is bad and you have allowed the party to have a feeling that what its going to end it all is SORRY.

motee, those who go deaf wen sorry is being said to them re not usually purposely hurt... they just fall into a category of nigerians who dont understand the gravity of d word SORRY!.
imagine some1 u stepped on unknowingly in a market shouting at u even wen u re saying sorry in a cool manner, it just shows the kind of mentality nigerians have grin
Re: Saying "Sorry" by Greatpeter(m): 10:00pm On Jul 02, 2005
Pinky:

Motee link=topic=643.msg9096#msg9096 date=1120238126:

motee, those who go deaf when sorry is being said to them re not usually purposely hurt... they just fall into a category of nigerians who don't understand the gravity of d word SORRY!.
imagine someone you stepped on unknowingly in a market shouting at you even when you re saying sorry in a cool manner, it just shows the kind of mentality nigerians have grin

H-m-m-m,-m-mmmmmmmm!
You have a point here.
Re: Saying "Sorry" by olaide07(f): 12:05pm On Jul 04, 2005
Men often find it difficult to say sorry because of the man ego.Never believe they could make mistakes.Well for me it's always easy for me to say sorry so far iwas the one at fault even to a stranger.Sorry it's a word from the heart
Re: Saying "Sorry" by dominobaby(f): 7:34pm On Jul 04, 2005
Sorry aint hard for me as long as you deserve it.
Re: Saying "Sorry" by Greatpeter(m): 1:59pm On Jul 06, 2005
It's not just saying sorry but saying sorry from the depth of your heart.
Re: Saying "Sorry" by hopy2005(f): 5:21pm On Jul 08, 2005
saying sorry from ur heart of heart, heals wound, it solves problem, sorry ease off pains or anger, infact, by saying sorry it mean alot.
Re: Saying "Sorry" by Pinky(f): 10:50pm On Jul 09, 2005
"olaide07":
Sorry it's a word from the heart

Point of correction: it's a word from the heart if it comes from your heart. Don't forget, most men say it from their lips, so it could be a word from the lips too.
Re: Saying "Sorry" by bootysue(f): 10:54pm On Jul 09, 2005
There was nothing I hated more than saying "sorry" when I was growing up, even to my parents. It was like punishment.

However, I later realised nothing works as fast as that word and it doesn't cost me a thing to say "sorry" now. Now I can't help thinking how silly I was; even my sibblings are amazed.

By the way, it took a single sermon to change me.
Re: Saying "Sorry" by Pinky(f): 11:02pm On Jul 09, 2005
"bootysue":
by the way, it took a single sermon to change me
Praise the Lord!
Re: Saying "Sorry" by bootysue(f): 11:17pm On Jul 09, 2005
halleluyah grin
Re: Saying "Sorry" by Seun(m): 4:34pm On Jul 10, 2005
Sometimes, when you say sorry to some people, they see it as an admission of guilt even though you may just be doing it to mend fences with them. The same people may have done worse things to you, but they will never say sorry. If you fail to demand an apology from them, they will think they are simply right.

So I don't think it's good to say sorry unless you honestly believe you are wrong. And if someone has wronged you, don't hesitate to demand an apology because if you overlook her offence today, it doesn't mean she will overlook your smaller offence tommorrow.

I think it's better to look for a friend that is a true friend, or remain alone, than have friends who aren't worth your time. Too much of "sorry" in an attempt to keep people happy may backfire.
Re: Saying "Sorry" by WesleyanA(f): 2:38am On Sep 03, 2005
I say sorry to whomever i feel i offended (especially people i don't personally know or people who don't personally know me) and whomever feels that i offended him/her. i don't want to get on anyone's bad side.

if i think someone offended me and doesn't say sorry, i don't usually get mad (only if it's something VERY serious of course). i expect people to learn to give more and expect little.

sometimes i feel guilty when someone says sorry to me and i really don't think he/she did anything wrong. (it think the same thing happens vice-versa because i think i say sorry to people a little bit too much.)

I can't and won't demand an apology from anyone because i believe that saying sorry should come from the heart. like seun said "say sorry if you truly believe you're wrong" not if someone forces or asks you to. some people just like to hear sorry from people and don't care if the people mean it or not. like someone else said it's ego.. . .
if someone asks me to say sorry to them, i'll say it and it will come from my heart because
the person believes i offended him/her,
and like i said earlier, i don't want to get on anyone's bad side.
Re: Saying "Sorry" by Princess(f): 2:43am On Sep 03, 2005
Awwwww wesley........ embarassed sad
Re: Saying "Sorry" by hotangel2(f): 8:13am On Sep 03, 2005
shocked shocked Sorry is fast to my mouth. Whether i mean it or not.
Re: Saying "Sorry" by uche777(f): 12:23pm On Sep 13, 2005
hmmmmmmmm

for me their is no big deal in saying im sorry.

well i won't hesitate to say it,ONLY when the need arises,

cos it really softens the heart.
Re: Saying "Sorry" by WesleyanA(f): 10:15pm On Sep 14, 2005
i say it because i hate it when people get mad at me especially my friends or my mom. not that it happens often but i hate it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nollywood Actress Ebube Nwagbo In A Lesbian Scandal (see Photo) / See As This Hausa Girl Dances With A Boy At A Party / Please Where's The Best Place To Stay In Ibadan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.