Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,824 members, 7,872,763 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 09:20 PM

“I Hope That Every Young Girl Will See Herself As Great” – Abisoye Ajayi - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / “I Hope That Every Young Girl Will See Herself As Great” – Abisoye Ajayi (126 Views)

Simisola Fajemirokun Ajayi Accused Ibrahim Lamuwa Of Harassment, Invited By ICPC / FCMB Certified As “great Place To Work” / 10 Things Every Young Man Should Strive To Achieve Before 30 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

“I Hope That Every Young Girl Will See Herself As Great” – Abisoye Ajayi by VirtueDigest: 10:01am On Feb 24, 2021
“I hope that every young girl will see herself as great even before the greatness comes. It serves as a form of validation for my work. I hope this honour will help young girls know that whatever their background are, they should never determine the story”- Abisoye Ajayi- Akinfolarin stated in an interview with Guardian Woman.

Abisoye Ajayi-Akinfolarin, the first Nigerian to emerge a CNN Hero. She is a social entrepreneur born on 19 May 1985. She is the founder of Pearls Africa Youth Foundation, a Non-Governmental Organisation aimed at educating young girls in under-served areas in Nigeria with technology skills. One of the initiatives of Pearls Africa is Girls Coding.

Speaking in the interview, Abisoye said that, while she was young, she knew she had to work really hard to succeed and that’s exactly what she did. She combined schooling with her business and an internship in an IT audit company due to the struggles she experienced. She said, “my mother passed on when I was four years and it caused a lot of hardships financially, physically, and emotionally. So, my brother became my father even as he tried to survive in the university without support from anyone.”

Read more: https://newsbreakersonline.com/i-hope-that-every-young-girl-will-see-herself-as-great-abisoye-ajayi-akinfolarin/

(1) (Reply)

Globe Economic And Trade Development Council / Learn And Make Money Online, Everything You Need In One Place / Cypralex Services Training

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.