Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,378 members, 7,913,927 topics. Date: Wednesday, 07 August 2024 at 02:40 PM

10 Best Affordable Places To Buy Property And Retire In The US - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / 10 Best Affordable Places To Buy Property And Retire In The US (182 Views)

The Top Four Cheapest Places To Live In Abuja / Property And Conveyancing Law (PCL), Cap 100 Laws Of Western Region Of Nigeria / Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

10 Best Affordable Places To Buy Property And Retire In The US by Asapchikki(m): 10:46am On Feb 24, 2021

As you near retirement you may be thinking about moving to a place with a low cost of living or more affordable housing to stretch your retirement income. Perhaps you've longed for living in a beautiful locale like a seaside city or town close to a hilly landscape with lots of places spots to explore.
Before you hit the highway towards your dream destination it's wise to know as much as possible about a city's real estate market and cost of living. You'll find a touch of everything on our rundown from less expensive cities in expensive districts to Midwestern cities where you can purchase a luxury home for less.
Affordable doesn't mean the same thing to everyone of course so we considered that. Some cities are affordable because the locale where they're located is very expensive. Other than the affordability, all of these places rank well for their safety median incomes and poverty rates.
So here are the 10 Best Affordable Places to Buy Property and Retire in the US.

10 Deerfield Beach, Florida
Deerfield is on the southeast bank of Florida around 20 miles north of Miami. With a populace of around 80,000 Deerfield Seashore is a coastline spot with a lot to see and do. Deerfield Seashore island runs along the eastern edge of the city isolated from the mainland by a channel whose various inlets make considerable waterfront in numerous areas.
Its housing expenses are six percent lower than the national average and the utility prices are one percent lower than the national average. Real Estate prices in the area are also much lower than nearby coastal areas with median home prices around $190,000 to $235,000. Numerous apartment buildings offer carefree living and fluctuating levels of conveniences or you can choose to live in one of the many gated communities in the town or encompassing region.

9 Portland, Maine
Many towns in the upper east have high costs of living to adjust to their high quality of life however Portland, Maine is among the most affordable.
The waterfront is a major attraction to retired people in Portland, the fishing industry implies a plenitude of fresh seafood and there are sand beaches and lakes close by.
The retirement community housing choices are generally excellent going from private homes to condominiums, a few retired folks live here for the mid-year and afterward move to a warmer climate. With a median housing price of $280,000, Portland is within reach for many who depend on federal retirement aid for income.
It pulls a community of retired folks who want to live in a small city in the uncrowded and wonderful territory of Maine.
8 Madison Wisconsin
Madison has always been named one of the best places to retire in America for its affordability, recreational activities, and natural beauty.
It is a rapidly growing city with a rich culture that revolves around a keen appreciation of the arts, a vibrant music scene, and locally sourced food.
It's additionally an entrepreneurial center point that is attracting various tech, biotech, and health startups. Also, the city offers an extraordinary climate for relaxation and entertainment with its picturesque lakes and broad networks of parks and biking trails. The land in the city is somewhat affordable with median home costs around $280,000.

7 Duluth, Minnesota
For retirees who want to live on a waterside but don't want to relocate to the coasts, Duluth might be just right. The city is located on Lake Superior and boasts a population of about 86,000 people. The city is a most loved travel place for Mid-westerners and an incredible spot to put down roots. Individuals who retiree here enjoy Boating and a lot of outside exercises every season.
In addition to the seemingly endless array of recreational opportunities and gorgeous natural attractions, Duluth offers affordable housing with a median home value of around $210,000 while rent for an average two-bedroom apartment near the lake is around $1000. There are some condo projects in the area including some on the lake which can be way cheaper than houses.

6 El Paso, Texas
El Paso is located in southwestern Texas near the Mexican border. It is ranked 15th out of 186 cities in the Gallup share care index, more specifically the city scored high for sense of purpose, community enjoyment, and good health.
El Paso offers bountiful sunny days, gentle winters, and housing costs well below the general average. Working parents in this city acknowledge the low cost of living, child care, and quality of education. Most families tend to settle down in suburbs on the edges of El Paso. Single individuals who prefer the metropolitan life choose the studios downtown and the memorable regions. The city additionally encounters every one of the four seasons and sees around 300 days of daylight every year.

Continue here:https://cookmuv.com/affordable-places-to-buy-property-and-retire-in-the-us/
Re: 10 Best Affordable Places To Buy Property And Retire In The US by popotpopo: 3:36pm On Jul 14, 2021
I think the best place to move and retreat is sunny Florida. There are a lot of beautiful locations where you can enjoy nature and not think about everyday problems. I first visited Florida two years ago, and I fell in love with this state. After that, I seriously thought about moving. The problem was that I had many fragile things, and it was difficult for me to transport them by hand. In the end, I decided to take this step, and for transporting my personal belongings, I chose localnlongdistancemovers.com. They have extensive experience in this area and very favorable terms.

(1) (Reply)

3bedroom Semi Detached Bungalow Selling At Lekki For 10m / THE WESLEY - Luxury Residential Property In Victoria Island Lagos. / Semi-duplex For Sale At Gwarinpa,abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.