Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,824 members, 7,918,648 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 01:25 PM

When Was The Last Time You Were Sent Money From The USA? How Did You Receive It? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / When Was The Last Time You Were Sent Money From The USA? How Did You Receive It? (1124 Views)

Sent Money To A Wrong Account. How Do I Get It Back ? / "No More International Transactions!" Did You Receive This? / Please I Have Coins From USA, How Can I Trade Them In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Was The Last Time You Were Sent Money From The USA? How Did You Receive It? by ibinaboonline: 4:24pm On Feb 24, 2021
This thing don tire me soootey. Since January this year, my employer in the US is unable to pay me, not via wire transfer, World Remit, or TransferWise (TransferWise has ceased operations in Nigeria). We’re quickly running out of ideas but I find it strange that this is happening. I do have a dollar account with Ecobank. I wonder if Ecobank is to blame, however, the company also tried to use World Remit’s Pickup option which does not require a bank account. Still, no way. So, the problem shouldn’t be with Ecobank. They even tried Western Union yesterday but the system rejected it and directed them to pay in-store, which is a huge stress for the company. Have you received money from the USA recently? How did you do it?
Re: When Was The Last Time You Were Sent Money From The USA? How Did You Receive It? by LMS1(m): 4:25pm On Feb 24, 2021
Last Saturday I Gat Some Dollar From A Bussines Transaction Off A Darknet Account.
Ask My Client ( US Dude) To Send It As Bitcoin.
Next Two Days I Transacted It To My Nigerian BTC Vendor And Gat My Bank Alert.
I Dont Care About CBN Santions Because Guys Are Still Investing In BTC. grin

Re: When Was The Last Time You Were Sent Money From The USA? How Did You Receive It? by PHijo(m): 4:31pm On Feb 24, 2021
ibinaboonline:
This thing don tire me soootey. Since January this year, my employer in the US is unable to pay me, not via wire transfer, World Remit, or TransferWise (TransferWise has ceased operations in Nigeria). We’re quickly running out of ideas but I find it strange that this is happening. I do have a dollar account with Ecobank. I wonder if Ecobank is to blame, however, the company also tried to use World Remit’s Pickup option which does not require a bank account. Still, no way. So, the problem shouldn’t be with Ecobank. They even tried Western Union yesterday but the system rejected it and directed them to pay in-store, which is a huge stress for the company. Have you received money from the USA recently? How did you do it?

If not for the moves Emefiele made I would have suggested bitcoin.

I don't know how p2p functions in Nigeria.
Re: When Was The Last Time You Were Sent Money From The USA? How Did You Receive It? by Lyydia(f): 4:33pm On Feb 24, 2021
Let your employer send the money(in $/€) into your Transferwise US/UK account. Then sell to exchangers in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: When Was The Last Time You Were Sent Money From The USA? How Did You Receive It? by budaatum: 4:35pm On Feb 24, 2021
Yepa! See my life in public! They are sending money from the US and nobody sent money to me?

Please. Answer people. So me too can receive!
Re: When Was The Last Time You Were Sent Money From The USA? How Did You Receive It? by ibinaboonline: 4:38pm On Feb 24, 2021
Even if bitcoin were still a thing I wouldn’t choose it. My reason is that it’s equivalent would be remitted to my account as opposed to nowadays I can get my money in $ and exchange it at a better rate on the streets.
PHijo:

If not for the moves Emefiele made I would have suggested bitcoin.

I don't know how p2p functions in Nigeria.
Re: When Was The Last Time You Were Sent Money From The USA? How Did You Receive It? by Creative7(m): 4:39pm On Feb 24, 2021
let your employer use xoom is faster within 3min you get your fund in dollar. then go to nearest bank and withdraw in dollar. you may decide to sell to the bank or blank market better still save in your domiciliary account good luck.
Re: When Was The Last Time You Were Sent Money From The USA? How Did You Receive It? by ibinaboonline: 4:41pm On Feb 24, 2021
Please explain further. You know that TransferWise doesn’t Remit to Nigeria anymore since the recent CBN policies? So, what do you mean US/UK account?
Lyydia:
Let your employer send the money(in $/€) into your Transferwise US/UK account. Then sell to exchangers in Nigeria.
Re: When Was The Last Time You Were Sent Money From The USA? How Did You Receive It? by ibinaboonline: 4:42pm On Feb 24, 2021
Please share the actual url of this Xoom.
Creative7:
let your employer use xoom is faster within 3min you get your fund in dollar. then go to nearest bank and withdraw in dollar. you may decide to sell to the bank or blank market better still save in your domiciliary account good luck.
Re: When Was The Last Time You Were Sent Money From The USA? How Did You Receive It? by PHijo(m): 4:45pm On Feb 24, 2021
ibinaboonline:
Even if bitcoin were still a thing I wouldn’t choose it. My reason is that it’s equivalent would be remitted to my account as opposed to nowadays I can get my money in $ and exchange it at a better rate on the streets.

You can make enquiries if transactions work between Nigeria and Europe. If you have somebody you trust over there he can send it to the person and the person sends it to you.
Re: When Was The Last Time You Were Sent Money From The USA? How Did You Receive It? by ibinaboonline: 4:50pm On Feb 24, 2021
Very risky. That’s my last resort. I do know one or two people. But this isn’t a one-time thing so it’s better to find something that works so that I won’t keep doing it through people. Just to avoid stories that touch. You know what I mean.
PHijo:

You can make enquiries if transactions work between Nigeria and Europe. If you have somebody you trust over there he can send it to the person and the person sends it to you.

1 Like

Re: When Was The Last Time You Were Sent Money From The USA? How Did You Receive It? by Lyydia(f): 4:54pm On Feb 24, 2021
ibinaboonline:
Please explain further. You know that TransferWise doesn’t Remit to Nigeria anymore since the recent CBN policies? So, what do you mean US/UK account?
Register n verify on Transferwise,
You will be given a dollar/euro account details.
Give the account details to your employer to send ur money(in $/€/€). Then sell the money (using escrow) to an exchanger in Nigeria to receive your money in naira. It's what I use

1 Like

Re: When Was The Last Time You Were Sent Money From The USA? How Did You Receive It? by PHijo(m): 4:55pm On Feb 24, 2021
ibinaboonline:
Very risky. That’s my last resort. I do know one or two people. But this isn’t a one-time thing so it’s better to find something that works so that I won’t keep doing it through people. Just to avoid stories that touch. You know what I mean.

True, it is also a private thing you wouldn't want them to know about.

1 Like

Re: When Was The Last Time You Were Sent Money From The USA? How Did You Receive It? by ibinaboonline: 5:01pm On Feb 24, 2021
What kind of exchangers are you referring to? Will the said exchangers buy the $ at the official or black market price?
Lyydia:

Give the account details to your employer to send ur money(in $/€/€). Then sell the money (using escrow) to an exchanger in Nigeria to receive your money in naira. It's what I use
Re: When Was The Last Time You Were Sent Money From The USA? How Did You Receive It? by ibinaboonline: 5:03pm On Feb 24, 2021
Risky o. Be careful, bro.
LMS1:
Last Saturday I Gat Some Dollar From A Bussines Transaction Off A Darknet Account.
Ask My Client ( US Dude) To Send It As Bitcoin.
Next Two Days I Transacted It To My Nigerian BTC Vendor And Gat My Bank Alert.
I Dont Care About CBN Santions Because Guys Are Still Investing In BTC. grin
Re: When Was The Last Time You Were Sent Money From The USA? How Did You Receive It? by ibinaboonline: 5:07pm On Feb 24, 2021
I just checked out Xoom. Niger was listed but no Nigeria. Are you sure about this? You have received money here via Xoom?
Creative7:
Re: When Was The Last Time You Were Sent Money From The USA? How Did You Receive It? by Tenshades(m): 6:47pm On Feb 24, 2021
ibinaboonline:

Why not try Payoneeer?
Re: When Was The Last Time You Were Sent Money From The USA? How Did You Receive It? by Crochet: 7:48pm On Feb 24, 2021
I received Money last week from the US through sendwave. The best so far.
Re: When Was The Last Time You Were Sent Money From The USA? How Did You Receive It? by ibinaboonline: 7:51pm On Feb 24, 2021
Send wave. Okay. Thanks for sharing. I appreciate it.
Crochet:
I received Money last week from the US through sendwave. The best so far.
Re: When Was The Last Time You Were Sent Money From The USA? How Did You Receive It? by ibinaboonline: 12:16am On Feb 25, 2021
Payoneer sounds complicated. Can you share how Payoneer works?
Tenshades:

Why not try Payoneeer?
Re: When Was The Last Time You Were Sent Money From The USA? How Did You Receive It? by Tenshades(m): 7:30am On Feb 25, 2021
ibinaboonline:
Payoneer sounds complicated. Can you share how Payoneer works?

You just have to supply your payer with the US bank account number and routing number given to you by Payoneeer after you've successfully registered and verified necessary requirements.

You get paid in $$$$ and cash out to ur local bank acct in naira.
Re: When Was The Last Time You Were Sent Money From The USA? How Did You Receive It? by Krak(m): 12:41pm On Feb 25, 2021
ibinaboonline:

Open a gtbank domicilliary account. I have received and withdraw from my GT bank dorm without any problem. I think the problem should be Ecobank.

1 Like

Re: When Was The Last Time You Were Sent Money From The USA? How Did You Receive It? by ibinaboonline: 12:55pm On Feb 25, 2021
I suspect as much. Thanks.
Krak:

Open a gtbank domicilliary account. I have received and withdraw from my GT bank dorm without any problem. I think the problem should be Ecobank.
Re: When Was The Last Time You Were Sent Money From The USA? How Did You Receive It? by ibinaboonline: 1:02pm On Feb 25, 2021
Probably won’t work anymore. Dollar to naira conversions has ceased in Nigeria. Must withdraw in foreign currency and exchange it yourself. Sounds like Payoneer don’t work that way.
Tenshades:

You just have to supply your payer with the US bank account number and routing number given to you by Payoneeer after you've successfully registered and verified necessary requirements.

You get paid in $$$$ and cash out to ur local bank acct in naira.
Re: When Was The Last Time You Were Sent Money From The USA? How Did You Receive It? by Goalnaldo(m): 1:33pm On Feb 25, 2021
ibinaboonline:
I can give you my btc wallet. Send the funds via btc I'll sell it for you but I get 10 percent
Re: When Was The Last Time You Were Sent Money From The USA? How Did You Receive It? by ibinaboonline: 1:39pm On Feb 25, 2021
I see.
Goalnaldo:
I can give you my btc wallet. Send the funds via btc I'll sell it for you but I get 10 percent

1 Like

Re: When Was The Last Time You Were Sent Money From The USA? How Did You Receive It? by ibinaboonline: 1:50pm On Feb 25, 2021
I see.
Goalnaldo:
Re: When Was The Last Time You Were Sent Money From The USA? How Did You Receive It? by fffolly: 4:00pm On Feb 25, 2021
Lyydia:

How do I generate a transferwise account number to send to people who wants to send me money, coz each time I click on add money or get account details it keeps saying , I must send money from my bank account...

Please help.
I have been verified...
Re: When Was The Last Time You Were Sent Money From The USA? How Did You Receive It? by Lyydia(f): 4:37pm On Feb 25, 2021
fffolly:

How do I generate a transferwise account number to send to people who wants to send me money, coz each time I click on add money or get account details it keeps saying , I must send money from my bank account...

Please help.
I have been verified...
If you are using the app,
Click the country icon(flag) of the country u need the account details E.g UK, from the tabs at the top, then click 'bank details'.
You will see it there
Re: When Was The Last Time You Were Sent Money From The USA? How Did You Receive It? by fffolly: 6:11pm On Feb 25, 2021
Lyydia:

If you are using the app,
Click the country icon(flag) of the country u need the account details E.g UK, from the tabs at the top, then click 'bank details'.
You will see it there
Am using website, how do I do that
Re: When Was The Last Time You Were Sent Money From The USA? How Did You Receive It? by Tenshades(m): 10:54pm On Feb 25, 2021
ibinaboonline:
Probably won’t work anymore. Dollar to naira conversions has ceased in Nigeria. Must withdraw in foreign currency and exchange it yourself. Sounds like Payoneer don’t work that way.

I have used payoneer to recv funds in pounds from UK and cashed out in naira after the CBN issue.

The ball is in your court.

1 Like

Re: When Was The Last Time You Were Sent Money From The USA? How Did You Receive It? by ibinaboonline: 5:36pm On Feb 26, 2021
Hi. Hope you can still read this. So, TransferWise informed me that they do offer the $ & £ accounts you recommended. However, they added that while I can receive funds in said accounts, they're still unable to transfer them to a Nigerian bank account due to the new CBN policy.
Lyydia:

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG Should Submit Major VPN Urls To Tele-coys For Immediate Blocking / Banking Equipment Company In Nigeria / Online Ecurrency Trading: Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.