Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,948 members, 7,949,259 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 12:24 AM

Nairalanders Pls Help! A Fraud On First Bank Account - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nairalanders Pls Help! A Fraud On First Bank Account (566 Views)

Loan App Send A Fraud Message To My Hr Over Loan Default. Any Implication? / Kuda Bank Is A Fraud! / Mad Man Spotted At First Bank ATM, Abaji (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairalanders Pls Help! A Fraud On First Bank Account by sotall(m): 9:40pm On Feb 24, 2021
Nairalanders pls help.

A very close member of my family has her account emptied as a result of first bank customer care connivance or negligence. I am bringing this year because the person involved is an old woman and cant really do anything by herself as regards this case.

On the 24th of February last year, she went to first bank branch at Akowonjo egbeda Lagos to change the phone number that is linked to her account because the sim was damaged and no longer working.

She went to customer care and they gave her a form to fill and she fulfilled everything required to effect a change from her old number to her new number. She was told to go that her new phone number will start receiving sms alerts after 48 hours. She checked her account balance and confirmed her funds were intact.

She hasn't been to the bank since then because of the lockdown that started in March. Even after the lifting of the lockdown, she hasn't been to the bank because of the ever present crowd that became the norm in most bank branches.

Meanwhile she hasn't done any transaction on the account since the last time she visited the bank. She went there today and to her greatest shock, her account has been debited to the tune of about 1.8m naira.

The Withdrawal wasn't through ATM, it wasn't through bank transfer but a channel called agent banking.

Now how possible is it that agent banking got access to her account?

How did they access her account so easily?

Why didn't the bank effect a change in her phone number which she had requested earlier before the fraud was committed?

She would have seen the alert and blocked the account. But the customer care deliberately didn't do the change so she can connive with fraudsters to steal the money .

The manager seeing the obvious error committed by the customer care staff was trying to cover up by saying why she didn't come all these while.

Now nairalanders, how do we go about this injustice that has been done so she can get her money back?

Anyone been through this before? Pls help is needed

@lalasticlala
@seun
@mynd44

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Pls Help! A Fraud On First Bank Account by Fixey: 9:43pm On Feb 24, 2021
I'll wait here
Re: Nairalanders Pls Help! A Fraud On First Bank Account by JaneYave(f): 9:45pm On Feb 24, 2021
First Bank, it's like they are tired of being big, Strong, RELIABLE.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Pls Help! A Fraud On First Bank Account by majamajic(m): 9:46pm On Feb 24, 2021
She should go back to the bank for further explanations by the bank manager

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Pls Help! A Fraud On First Bank Account by sotall(m): 9:54pm On Feb 24, 2021
Hbk
majamajic:
She should back to the bank for further explanations by the bank manager

The branch manager is trying to cover up for their negligence or connivance.

He is definitely going to reveal the staff who did this by the time pressure comes on him
Re: Nairalanders Pls Help! A Fraud On First Bank Account by Nobody: 9:57pm On Feb 24, 2021
Don't waste time go to Twitter, tag the bank, tag CBN.
And see magic happen
Thank me later.

3 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Pls Help! A Fraud On First Bank Account by lilvicky68(m): 10:24pm On Feb 24, 2021
The woman made a mistake by not confirming if the changes has been done on her account..even if you don't have chance you can call online customer care..if you no take time na one of her children or grand children collect that money..the best thing to do is locate the nearest church or shrine as the case may be and swear for the person that collected the money..

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Pls Help! A Fraud On First Bank Account by saddler: 10:28pm On Feb 24, 2021
lilvicky68:
The woman made a mistake by not confirming if the changes has been done on her account..even if you don't have chance you can call online customer care..if you no take time na one of her children or grand children collect that money..the best thing to do is locate the nearest church or shrine as the case may be and swear for the person that collected the money..

Did you read the write-up?

Did you see where the customer care told her to go that she will see changes in 48 hours?

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Pls Help! A Fraud On First Bank Account by lilvicky68(m): 10:30pm On Feb 24, 2021
saddler:

Did you see where the customer care told her to go that she will see changes in 48 hours?
No be human being..you know how many jobs the customer care dey attend to plus family stress too.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Pls Help! A Fraud On First Bank Account by saddler: 10:43pm On Feb 24, 2021
lilvicky68:

No be human being..you know how many jobs the customer care dey attend to plus family stress too.

It's better to remain silent instead of this foolish excuse you are giving.

Do you understand what is called being responsible to your job?

I guess if you make a complaint to customer care that they should block your account because your ATM card has been stolen and they forget to block it due to family stress, you will take the blame abi?

4 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Pls Help! A Fraud On First Bank Account by lilvicky68(m): 10:45pm On Feb 24, 2021
saddler:

I guess if you make a compliment to customer care that they should block your account because your ATM card has been stolen and they forget to block it due to family stress, you will take the blame abi?
If you check and your account isn't blocked you have to still call them..are they machines?

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Pls Help! A Fraud On First Bank Account by saddler: 10:45pm On Feb 24, 2021
lilvicky68:

If you check and your account isn't blocked you have to still call them..are they machines?

You are ignored.

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Pls Help! A Fraud On First Bank Account by iHart(m): 11:13pm On Feb 24, 2021
saddler:

you don't just go home and relax believing that your bank issues will be resolved promptly as promised by the customer care. I knew how long and how many times I reached out to first bank before a reversal was made to my account.
Re: Nairalanders Pls Help! A Fraud On First Bank Account by Mide3367: 11:57pm On Feb 24, 2021
Lalasticlala
Re: Nairalanders Pls Help! A Fraud On First Bank Account by kingreign(m): 11:59pm On Feb 24, 2021
saddler:

I guess if you make a complaint to customer care that they should block your account because your ATM card has been stolen and they forget to block it due to family stress, you will take the blame abi?
From his weak defenses, I suspect he aids and abetts fraudulent acts.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairalanders Pls Help! A Fraud On First Bank Account by sotall(m): 7:19am On Feb 25, 2021
Good morning guys, pls your opinion is highly needed.

@lalasticlala
@seun

Pls help move to frontpage
Re: Nairalanders Pls Help! A Fraud On First Bank Account by Canme4u(m): 3:59pm On Feb 25, 2021
Emi ti mo ti gbon, inu ile ni mo n ri owo mi mo for the peace of mind and to avoid story that touches

@lalasticlala
@seun
@mynd44

That's how one UBA bank's cashier connive with armed robber to rob a guy.
Thank God the man know what went wrong cos the scene happened few streets away from the bank and the man just went back to the bank to para for them... Them no dey like crowd on matter like that...

To cut the long story short, they check CCTV, check the cashier's phone for his call history as shown on the CCTV.
The MD instruct them to give the man another money on the spot
Re: Nairalanders Pls Help! A Fraud On First Bank Account by AutoReportNG: 4:47pm On Feb 25, 2021
@Lalasticlala... Can you help push this to FP?
@Seun... Pls can you do the needful?

This can go a long way to put the bank on its speed
Re: Nairalanders Pls Help! A Fraud On First Bank Account by jboixxx: 5:32pm On Feb 25, 2021
That bank that's full of sht. No be today they've been doing that nonsense. That cc official needs to be proved wella.
Re: Nairalanders Pls Help! A Fraud On First Bank Account by jboixxx: 5:38pm On Feb 25, 2021
lilvicky68:

O boy! You no try but no wahala. Since the woman was there for update and there's record for that, the bank has to take responsibility for the error on the part of their staff. They'll deal with the cc agent later. Na so dem de do.

I pray you sha no get that kinda ish.
Re: Nairalanders Pls Help! A Fraud On First Bank Account by neutralmind: 7:18pm On Feb 25, 2021
Report the bank to the CBN. Banks are usually very careful whenever CBN is involved in any case.

Try and reach out to the CBN via email. Search for it on Google. Fraud or compliance unit. Not sure what it's called.

Also the bank will surely have a compliance unit or internal audit. Send them a mail.

Then make noise on social media. Twitter and Facebook. It works

Combine all 3 options and thank me later. It's called mass attack. It will surely work

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairalanders Pls Help! A Fraud On First Bank Account by sotall(m): 7:33pm On Feb 25, 2021
neutralmind:
Report the bank to the CBN. Banks are usually very careful whenever CBN is involved in any case.

Try and reach out to the CBN via email. Search for it on Google. Fraud or compliance unit. Not sure what it's called.

Also the bank will surely have a compliance unit or internal audit. Send them a mail.

Combine all 3 options and thank me later. It's called mass attack. It will surely work

This is the next step now.
I have contacted them on their social media and people are on it
Re: Nairalanders Pls Help! A Fraud On First Bank Account by sotall(m): 7:34pm On Feb 25, 2021
neutralmind:

This is the next step now.
I have contacted them on their social media and people are on it. cool
Re: Nairalanders Pls Help! A Fraud On First Bank Account by sotall(m): 7:52pm On Feb 25, 2021
I will appreciate if anyone here can link me with someone who can help get justice in this case.

We met with the manager today and his body language suggests he wants to cover up the error/dishonesty made by the customer care.
Re: Nairalanders Pls Help! A Fraud On First Bank Account by sotall(m): 7:53pm On Feb 25, 2021
I will appreciate if anyone here can link me with someone who can help get justice in this case.

We met with the manager today and his body language suggests he wants to cover up the error/dishonesty made by the customer care. cool
Re: Nairalanders Pls Help! A Fraud On First Bank Account by sotall(m): 7:55pm On Feb 25, 2021

We met with the manager today and his body language suggests he wants to cover up the error/dishonesty made by the customer care. cool
Re: Nairalanders Pls Help! A Fraud On First Bank Account by saddler: 8:12pm On Feb 25, 2021
Seun

Lalasticlala

Please this needs to be on frontpage.
Re: Nairalanders Pls Help! A Fraud On First Bank Account by Stephenmoka4(m): 9:27pm On Feb 25, 2021
Bank eh, all this Nigerian banks and customer care service, very awful.

(1) (Reply)

This Nairaland Too Dry Abeg / FREE AGRICULTURAL TRAINING / Fraudulent Transfer:help Me Recover My Fund @kudi And Access Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.