Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,157 members, 7,949,980 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 04:07 AM

"I'm The Wrong Guy To Go At" Lebron James Responds To Ibrahimovic - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "I'm The Wrong Guy To Go At" Lebron James Responds To Ibrahimovic (307 Views)

In Germany, I'm The Black Girl; In Nigeria, I'm Oyinbo Pepper - Yemisi Ogunleye / Lukaku's Message To Ibrahimovic: Bow Down To The King Of Milan! / Basketball Superstar Lebron James Lashes Trump For Dividing America (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

"I'm The Wrong Guy To Go At" Lebron James Responds To Ibrahimovic by Elixirsblog: 9:03am On Feb 28, 2021
Earlier this week, AC Milan striker Zlatan ibrahimovic expressed his disappointment at Influential figures getting involved in politics.
He took aim at Lebron James' he said,
" what he does is phenomenal ,but I don't like it when people with a certain status talk about politics.
Do what you're good at. I play football because I'm the best at it. If I was a politician, I'd have gone into politics .
This is the first mistake that famous people make when they feel like they have arrived.I think it's better to steer clear of these issues and do what you're good at".

It's no secret that Lebron has been campaigning for social justice and change in the US.
After the Lakers win against Portland trail blazers on Friday, February 26. James told reporters
"I will never shut up about things that are wrong. I preach about my people and I preach about equality, social justice, racism, voter suppression – things that go on in our community.

“Because I was a part of my community at one point and saw the things that were going on, and I know what’s still going on because I have a group of 300-plus kids at my school that are going through the same thing and they need a voice.

I’m their voice and I use my platform to continue to shed light on everything that might be going on, not only in my community but in this country and around the world.”

James also reacted to a comment made by Ibrahimovic when he claimed "undercover racism” caused the Swedish media and public to treat him with less respect and reverence: “This exists, I am 100% sure because I am not Andersson or Svensson. If I would be that, trust me, they would defend me even if I would rob a bank.”

To that comment, James said, "He’s the guy who said in Sweden, he was talking about the same things, because his last name wasn’t a [traditional Swedish] last name, he felt like there was some racism going on I speak from a very educated mind. I’m kind of the wrong guy to go at, because I do my homework.”

Re: "I'm The Wrong Guy To Go At" Lebron James Responds To Ibrahimovic by habsydiamond(m): 9:16am On Feb 28, 2021
Atimes it's good to mind ur business... Everybody ambition no the same.

1 Like

Re: "I'm The Wrong Guy To Go At" Lebron James Responds To Ibrahimovic by Ajax99(m): 9:34am On Feb 28, 2021
Ibrahimovic's clout chasing ability is on another level tbh

(1) (Reply)

#UFC259- The Streak Is Over!- Izzy Loses First MMA Fight Via Unanimous Decision / UCL Quarter Finals Draw: No All-english Tie, As Bayern Faces PSG / Manchester United To Make £50m Move For Pedro Neto?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.