Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,627 members, 7,918,021 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 08:40 PM

Pdp Survives, Acn Gains, But Cpc Underperforms - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pdp Survives, Acn Gains, But Cpc Underperforms (2364 Views)

Nigerian Military Gains On Map(picture Inside) / ACN To GEJ: Apologize For Misleading Nigerians On Anti-corruption Fight / Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pdp Survives, Acn Gains, But Cpc Underperforms by rasputinn(m): 7:58am On Apr 11, 2011
[size=14pt]PDP Survives, ACN Gains, But CPC Underperforms[/size]

The reports of the death of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) might have been exaggerated after all, going by the results of the National Assembly elections so far declared by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).

While the ruling party has lost its National Assembly seats in many states, especially in the South-west, it is still leading the table in all the results that have been officially declared.

A key highlight of Sunday's result was the humbling of PDP’s Hajia Maryam, daughter of late President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua, in the Katsina federal constituency.

Of the 94 senatorial districts where elections were held last Saturday following the postponement of polls in 15 others, INEC has declared results in 82, with the PDP winning 52 seats. The ruling party lost most of its seats to the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) in the South-west and Edo, and the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) in some Northern states, specifically Niger, Katsina and Kaduna.

The PDP, which controls 83 seats in the current Senate, looks set to lose its absolute majority having been dealt a body blow by the CPC which claimed all the three seats in Katsina State, the home of the party’s presidential candidate, Maj. Gen. Muhammadu Buhari.

The ACN also ate deep into PDP’s hold on the South-west, thereby emerging the biggest gainer with 13 seats, compared to the nine it currently has.

ACN took one seat from the PDP in Edo, two from PDP in Oyo and all three in Osun, while PDP also lost all three seats to the Labour Party (LP) in Ondo State.

The CPC did not sweep the North-west as widely predicted, with the PDP going strong in Jigawa, Kano, Sokoto and Kebbi, while the All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP) did well in Zamfara State, contrary to permutations.,,,,,,,,,,,,,

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/pdp-survives-acn-gains-but-cpc-underperforms/89433/
Re: Pdp Survives, Acn Gains, But Cpc Underperforms by ektbear: 8:00am On Apr 11, 2011
Useless CPC. Failures
Re: Pdp Survives, Acn Gains, But Cpc Underperforms by fstranger3(m): 8:03am On Apr 11, 2011
SO PDP still have the majority and would certainly almost always have their way.

Oh well!
Re: Pdp Survives, Acn Gains, But Cpc Underperforms by rasputinn(m): 8:13am On Apr 11, 2011
Well for me,this is not about political party affiliations,it's more about personalities.I hereby call on all registered voters that are reading/will read this post,Mr President,Goodluck Jonathan has demonstrated that he is the best candidate out of the lot clamouring for the post of president,even as a sitting president,he has never for once tried to use the machinary of state to intimidate anybody,he has been most courteous and civil in his utterances,while Buhari and Tinubu were busy insulting and calling him names,he did not do the same to them,but rather even went ahead to fire an aide of his that insulted Buhari.Buhari and Tinubu called on their supporters to kill fellow Nigerians if they suspect that they were about to rig,GEJ gave an order to his supporters that nobody should rig for him,that if the other parties rigged,the law should take its course,he has never championed a sectional,ethnic or religious agenda as against Buhari who is a known ethnic and religious bigot

Nigeria is working,GEJ is working,we may not be there just yet,but space constraint will not permit me to highlight all the achievements of Goodluck Jonathan in the just 9 months he's been in the saddle,however he has added another feather to his cap by being in the process of delivering  free,fair and credible elections as he firmly believes in one man,one vote.In spite of INEC's unsure feet,he stood firmly by them and gave them all the support they asked for AND GAVE THEM A FREE HAND

GEJ represents a breath of FRESH AIR and a departure from the past arrangements

I implore you(especially those of you that wanted to vote for any other candidate) to please consider Goodluck Jonathan and give him your vote come April 16

God bless you and God bless Nigeria

[size=26pt]VOTE GEJ FOR PRESIDENT[/size]
Re: Pdp Survives, Acn Gains, But Cpc Underperforms by sojimade(m): 8:22am On Apr 11, 2011
that sounds good one party system is not good for nigeria! if one party has the National Assembly, another should have the presidency! but honestly i have to see PDP win!
Re: Pdp Survives, Acn Gains, But Cpc Underperforms by namfav(m): 8:26am On Apr 11, 2011
pdp will always have the monopoly

well undecided
Re: Pdp Survives, Acn Gains, But Cpc Underperforms by Musiwa13: 8:32am On Apr 11, 2011
let us tell ourself the truth. how can PDP beat CPC in Jigawa, Kano, Sokoto and Kebbi. There is something wrong about that result. it is not possible.
Re: Pdp Survives, Acn Gains, But Cpc Underperforms by ektbear: 8:37am On Apr 11, 2011
^-- Buhari is just terrible at running parties. Remember, he lost control of the ANPP too.

He should have humbled himself and joined the ACN, let them turn those elections in the NW and NE into victories.

Arrogant, useless old man angry angry angry
Re: Pdp Survives, Acn Gains, But Cpc Underperforms by rasputinn(m): 8:37am On Apr 11, 2011
namfav:

pdp will always have the monopoly

well undecided

It's not about monopoly,in any case it's not even an absolute majority as it's not compulsory for all lawmakers from a particular political party to support ALL bills sponsored by their caucus or the executive.

On the other hand,is it not better that the candidate that becomes president has the support of the legislatorsor would you rather we had a president that would not be able to have any of his bills(including budget)passed just because the party in the majority in the legislature just want to mess him up

GEJ has some wonderful programmes lined up,he has said he needs just a term of four years to deliver,now that his party is in a little majority,doesnt it make sense to vote him in as president??at least for the sake of the progress of Nigeria

Please let's put other sentiments aside and let the facts on ground(as shown from the results of the NASS elections) determine who we vote for as our president

[size=26pt]PLEASE VOTE GOODLUCK JONATHAN AS PRESIDENT ON APRIL 16[/size]
Re: Pdp Survives, Acn Gains, But Cpc Underperforms by Beaf: 8:47am On Apr 11, 2011
Ask Atiku, these primitive tactics dont work:

Beaf:
Some Buhari people - "Its a primitive World, where we tell lies and throw stones and bombs!
If no Northern consensus candidate stands a chance, we will make the country ungovernable!
"

www.nairaland.com/attachments/402192_neanderthalBuhari_jpg94a5dcb7e8dc00198a7a1091cb279960
Re: Pdp Survives, Acn Gains, But Cpc Underperforms by Gbawe: 8:49am On Apr 11, 2011
fstranger3:

SO PDP still have the majority and would certainly almost always have their way.

Oh well!

Really tragic !!!!  An ominous sign that the status quo continues . That is why I am so proud of the SW region . Once our votes were allowed to count, we did what politically sophisticated electorates do throughout the World i.e we shunned sentiments and voted out indolent and incompetent leaders.

Other regions decided to carry on with the Party that has given them and Nigeria nothing for 12 years. I hope folks will now begin to respect the political sophistication of the average Yoruba person. I thought Nigeria was on a mission together i.e voting out the PDP especially at the legislative level. There was so much talk here on Nairaland yet cometh the hour cometh the man or cometh the region in this case. Yoruba folks acted with political sophistication to vote out incompetent leaders without blinking.

We have seen , in 12 years,  our legislative arm made worthless through the fact that the PDP has an overwhelming majority who always automatically appear to be against progressive bills. Our legislators are the highest paid but most indolent and least vibrant in the world. The SW played its part in the attempt to whittle down that majority so that a more representative legislative arm could emerge and deliver better for Nigeria. Alas , some folks have let us down. Well, if the elections are free and fair then we accept the choices some have made even if it is dissapointing and self-defeating. It would just be good if certain folks , for the next 4 years, don't come here to complain about PDP misrule. It was clear we cannot keep doing things the same way and expecting different results.  It seems some still don't understand that concept.
Re: Pdp Survives, Acn Gains, But Cpc Underperforms by rasputinn(m): 9:14am On Apr 11, 2011
Good performance by most of the parties

[size=26pt]VOTE GEJ FOR PRESIDENT[/size]
Re: Pdp Survives, Acn Gains, But Cpc Underperforms by kcjazz(m): 9:17am On Apr 11, 2011
We underestimate the North so much, they might be less educated but they are not stupid
Re: Pdp Survives, Acn Gains, But Cpc Underperforms by rasputinn(m): 9:23am On Apr 11, 2011
kcjazz:

We underestimate the North so much, they might be less educated but they are not silly

Hmmm
Re: Pdp Survives, Acn Gains, But Cpc Underperforms by blacksta(m): 9:24am On Apr 11, 2011
Mr Gbawe - abeg tell them ooo

Even with a majority in all mentioned houses  - what did PDP achieve in 12 years  - absolute nothing  - yet some are stilling clamour for another four years.  I strongly believe that SW region will experience massive development over the next four years but sad to say - I have no hope for the rest of Nigeria expect states like Rivers, Akwa Ibom and Kano.
Re: Pdp Survives, Acn Gains, But Cpc Underperforms by ektbear: 9:31am On Apr 11, 2011
kcjazz:

We underestimate the North so much, they might be less educated but they are not silly

I understand your point. Hedging their bets. But it seems like a pretty selfish move, given that they are dependent on the SW for a Buhari victory. They want the gain, with none of the risks. . .
Re: Pdp Survives, Acn Gains, But Cpc Underperforms by rasputinn(m): 9:32am On Apr 11, 2011
blacksta:

Mr Gbawe - abeg tell them ooo

There's nothing for him to tell us,this time around it's not about parties,it's about persons and for those of you who underestimate GEJ and say he is surrounded by corrupt people and all what not,can't you see the sign that GEJ is digging in his heels,you think if he listened to those around him,that y'all call corrupt,that we'd have this kind of free and fair elections,I tell you,GEJ has more surprises up his sleeve for the betterment of Nigeria and Nigerians

BTW,GEJ was not president for 12 years,he's been there for just 9 months.Also Gusau,IBB,Ciroma and other people surrounding Ribadu and Buhari are corrupt also and have had one thing or the other to do with governance in the past 40 years,so what's the fuss?
Re: Pdp Survives, Acn Gains, But Cpc Underperforms by defemz(m): 9:50am On Apr 11, 2011
Anyone with the slightest interest in the development and well-being of the country will agree Jonathan deserves our vote. He is a man of his words.
All those who are campaigning for Buhari are either too young or they forget things too easily. Take a long hard look at his past speeches, records and the rest and you will have an idea of the kind of person you are trying to elect. Nigerians either don't read or they forget things too easily.

I currently live in the North and i can categorically tell anyone that care to listen that Buhari represent nothing but violence. He belongs to the past and the core North. Those who think he can win come next Saturday are daydreaming. He just does not have sufficient spread and acceptance to win an election in Nigeria. The middlebelt will not vote for him. And he can not win all the 12 core north as seen in the just concluded National assembly election.

His supporters should know this before raising their hope too high.
Re: Pdp Survives, Acn Gains, But Cpc Underperforms by blacksta(m): 10:00am On Apr 11, 2011
Goodluck Jonathan would have certainly been one of the best presidents Nigeria ever had but unfortunately actions speak better than words.

What were hear constantly from the gej/pdp camp are promises - this and that yet they lack the will power to follow up on implementation. If after 12 years of retrogression one has not woken up - i dont know what else to say. 

Nigeria is a very diverse and slightly complex country - what will work for all us is a weaker central government and stronger regional governments-  The SW region will soon fall into place and will leave the rest of Nigeria behind.
Re: Pdp Survives, Acn Gains, But Cpc Underperforms by Beaf: 10:07am On Apr 11, 2011
blacksta:

Goodluck Jonathan would have certainly been one of the best presidents Nigeria ever had but unfortunately actions speak better than words.

What were hear constantly from the gej/pdp camp are promises - this and that yet they lack the will power to follow up on implementation. If after 12 years of retrogression one has not woken up - i dont know what else to say. 

Nigeria is a very diverse and slightly complex country - what will work for all us is a weaker central government and stronger regional governments-  The SW region will soon fall into place and will leave the rest of Nigeria behind

I know! Whats happening is some damn painful shyte to political dreamers, charlatans, foul mouths and stone throwers.
Afer all the anti-Beaf threads, here are my crocodile tears for you and other closet bigots:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6
Re: Pdp Survives, Acn Gains, But Cpc Underperforms by blacksta(m): 10:22am On Apr 11, 2011
Beaf

I dont need your tears - if it is for rest of Nigeria then it is accepted. In the history of Nigeria the SW regions remains the politically developed part of Nigerian which should be a model for every other region should follow until we can have a national party that would cater for the needs of every Nigerian unfortunately PDP is not the party. The need to vote for individual rather than parties in itself will also not work for Nigeria. Stronger regional parties remains the best option for now.
Re: Pdp Survives, Acn Gains, But Cpc Underperforms by Beaf: 10:35am On Apr 11, 2011
blacksta:

Beaf

I dont need your tears - if it is for rest of Nigeria then it is accepted. In the history of Nigeria the SW regions remains the politically developed part of Nigerian which should be a model for every other region should follow until we can have a national party that would cater for the needs of every Nigerian unfortunately PDP is not the party. The need to vote for individual rather than parties in itself will also not work for Nigeria. Stronger regional parties remains the best option for now.

It is painful. but my tears are for you and the last laugh is loud.

I recall your equally rude and bigoted brother not being able to correctly interprete this map, because he is as blinded by bigotry as you are. That map surely shows the Middle Belt and SS to be more developed than the SW outside of oil.
Political sophistication and development go hand in hand:

Re: Pdp Survives, Acn Gains, But Cpc Underperforms by fstranger3(m): 10:42am On Apr 11, 2011
Beaf:

I recall your equally rude and bigoted brother not being able to correctly interprete this map, because he is as blinded by bigotry as you are. That map surely shows the [b]Middle Belt and SS to be more developed than the SW outside of oil.

I have no doubt in mind you suck at geography and mathematics. Stick to clowning, you seem to be doing well in that department!

73 Vs 58. . . what a dunce!
Re: Pdp Survives, Acn Gains, But Cpc Underperforms by Beaf: 10:47am On Apr 11, 2011
fstranger3:

I have no doubt in mind you suck at geography and mathematics. Stick to clowning, you seem to be doing well in that department!

73 Vs 58. . . what a dunce!

Break your calculation down and post it, so that even babies on NL will be able to determine who the dunce is between us. Olodo.
Re: Pdp Survives, Acn Gains, But Cpc Underperforms by jason123: 10:50am On Apr 11, 2011
Beaf:

I recall your equally rude and bigoted brother not being able to correctly interprete this map, because he is as blinded by bigotry as you are. That map surely shows the Middle Belt and SS to be more developed than the SW outside of oil.

What the hell is wrong with Bayelsa Upon all the oil they produce and the revenue they get. I really think oil is not equal to development. Rather, good leadership is equal to development. I mean, after Lagos, look at Delta state? I am sure it is the trade and other commercial activities that allowed the development of those states, no?
Re: Pdp Survives, Acn Gains, But Cpc Underperforms by Bawss1(m): 10:54am On Apr 11, 2011
Beaf:

I know! Whats happening is some damn painful shyte to political dreamers, charlatans, foul mouths and stone throwers.
Afer all the anti-Beaf threads, here are my crocodile tears for you and other closet bigots:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6

See why you easily get banned by the mods?
Re: Pdp Survives, Acn Gains, But Cpc Underperforms by Beaf: 10:56am On Apr 11, 2011
jason123:

What the hell is wrong with Bayelsa Upon all the oil they produce and the revenue they get. I really think oil is not equal to development. Rather, good leadership is equal to development. I mean, after Lagos, look at Delta state? I am sure it is the trade and other commercial activities that allowed the development of those states, no?

That question must go to the likes of Buhari and all former rulers who only saw fit to ra'pe the land that gave us our first oil wells and produces more oil than any other area. [size=14pt]Bayelsa was only connected to the national grid in December 2005! Go figure.[/size]
Re: Pdp Survives, Acn Gains, But Cpc Underperforms by Beaf: 10:59am On Apr 11, 2011
Bawss1:

See why you easily get banned by the mods?

Yeah. Do you know the number of anti-Beaf threads populated by people like blaksta? Or the number of "Beaf is sick" posts by blaksta that I routinely ignore?
Dude, allow me enjoy my moment, my post is harmless.
Re: Pdp Survives, Acn Gains, But Cpc Underperforms by AljUche: 11:00am On Apr 11, 2011
Beaf:

That question must go to the likes of Buhari and all former rulers who only saw fit to ra'pe the land that gave us our first oil wells and produces more oil than any other area. [size=14pt]Bayelsa was only connected to the national grid in December 2005! Go figure.[/size]

please be honest with yourself for once in your NL life

what happened to the billions of Naira allocated to the states elders, cheifs etc

and also the billions of nairaland given by the oil companies to the state

calculate the billions on naira Alams stole alone not to talk of GEJ

what about shell that wanted to clean an oil spill and the elders said NO that they should be given the money and they wou;d clean it themselves

beaf be honest
Re: Pdp Survives, Acn Gains, But Cpc Underperforms by Beaf: 11:11am On Apr 11, 2011
^
Calculate it yourself and tell us how come the likes of [size=14pt]Buhari [/size] looked in their crystal ball, declared Bayelsa people sub-human and didn't even think it necessary to connect Bayelsa to the national grid, despite getting a great proportion of Nigeria's oil from there.

[size=14pt]Bayelsa Hooks to National Grid This Week[/size]
28 December 2005
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lagos — BAYELSA State, long without public power supply from the national grid operated by the Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN) would this week be connected to the grid.

Already, Power and Steel Minister, Senator Liyel Imoke has directed the contractor handling the project- Pivot Engineering to ensure that the state does not enter the new year without being hooked to the national grid which control centre is at Osogbo, the Osun State capital.

http://allafrica.com/stories/200601030915.html

The best Nigerian bigot game is, blame the victim. LOL!

We have a govt at last that will wipe away Bayelsa's tear's for their thankless sacrifice to Nigeria.
Re: Pdp Survives, Acn Gains, But Cpc Underperforms by rasputinn(m): 12:09pm On Apr 11, 2011
blacksta:

Then you must not have been paying attention to his actions or you're just being mischievous
Re: Pdp Survives, Acn Gains, But Cpc Underperforms by rasputinn(m): 12:13pm On Apr 11, 2011
blacksta:

Please make that 50 years of governance,in any case GEJ has neither been president for 12 nor 50 years,assess him based on his performance in 9 months.Also Gusau,IBB,Ciroma and other people surrounding Ribadu and Buhari are corrupt also and have had one thing or the other to do with governance in the past 50 years of Nigeria's independence,so why blame GEJ for the failures of others who have now found it convenient to hide in other parties?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari's Victory Speech / Electronic Voting Likely In 2015 - Jega / Did Americans Insert A Chip In This Man's Body? (Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.