Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,898 members, 7,922,176 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 08:10 PM

Sunday Lent Worship - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sunday Lent Worship (418 Views)

Observing Lent / Today Is Ash Wednesday; Beginning Of Lent / Meaning Of Lent & Why It Lasts For Forty Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sunday Lent Worship by budaatum: 9:31am On Feb 28, 2021
First Sunday of Lent 1 - Jesus and the Father: United

Marking the first Sunday in Lent, with Father Dermot Preston SJ of St Aloysius’ RC Church in Glasgow and spirituality guide Mary O’Duffin.
Readings: John 12, Matthew 4: 1-11

Listen or read full script

Re: Sunday Lent Worship by budaatum: 9:36am On Feb 28, 2021
Second Sunday of Lent: St David's Day

The Archbishop of Wales, the Most Reverend John Davies, marks St David's Day in a service for the second Sunday of Lent, recorded under lockdown conditions at Brecon Cathedral. The service is led by the Dean of Brecon Cathedral, the Very Reverend Dr Paul Shackerley.

Re: Sunday Lent Worship by budaatum: 5:57pm On Mar 07, 2021
Third Sunday of Lent - Young People In Lockdown

This third Sunday of Lent we focus on young people in lockdown. Led by Jamie Cutteridge from the UK’s first bespoke ecumenical Christian community serving young people.

The full service is available to listen to here.

Transcript might become available here.

Re: Sunday Lent Worship by Kobojunkie: 6:37pm On Mar 07, 2021
What I prefer to know is what any of this has to do with the Gospel of The Kingdom of Heaven as preached by Jesus Christ. undecided
Re: Sunday Lent Worship by budaatum: 10:14am On Mar 08, 2021
Kobojunkie:
What I prefer to know is what any of this has to do with the Gospel of The Kingdom of Heaven as preached by Jesus Christ. undecided

I'm inclined to want to believe that in order to answer your own question, you listened to the service or read the transcript, because you ask and knock and seek as preached by Jesus Christ and do not just lazily conclude or pressume.
Re: Sunday Lent Worship by Kobojunkie: 1:30pm On Mar 08, 2021
budaatum:

I'm inclined to want to believe that in order to answer your own question, you listened to the service or read the transcript, because you ask and knock and seek as preached by Jesus Christ and do not just lazily conclude or pressume.
Jesus Christ's commandment to ask/seek/knock are done in His Name. I am then to supposed that also means that when I ask a mere man a question, I should do that believing it is in the Name of God? undecided
Re: Sunday Lent Worship by budaatum: 1:35pm On Mar 08, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ's commandment to ask/seek/knock are done in His Name. Am I somehow meant to ask you, a mere man, in the Name of God? undecided

Am I the only person you must ask?

How about you do some research instead of asking any human being in particular junkie? Abi you no get data to go seek answers for yourself?

Please tell me you at least clicked on the links in the thread or I'd have to consider you may lack the fundamental seeking tool of curiosity not to talk the eyes to satisfy it.
Re: Sunday Lent Worship by Kobojunkie: 1:38pm On Mar 08, 2021
budaatum:

Am I the only person you must ask?

How about you do some research instead of asking any human being in particular junkie? Abi you no get data to go seek answers for yourself?

Please tell me you at least clicked on the links in the thread or I'd have to consider you may lack the fundamental seeking tool of curiosity not to talk the eyes to satisfy it.
Recall what my question was...
Kobojunkie:
I am more interested in learning from you what the opinions of these men has to do with any of what Jesus Christ taught and commanded His followers to teach. undecided
Re: Sunday Lent Worship by budaatum: 1:47pm On Mar 08, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Recall what my question was...

I am more interested in learning from you what the opinions of these men has to do with any of what Jesus Christ taught and commanded His followers to teach. undecided

Really? And you asked the following:

Kobojunkie:
I am then to supposed that also means that when I ask a mere man a question, I should do that believing it is in the Name of God? undecided

Why, kobojunkie, would you be interested in learning from me who is not Christ nor is asking you to believe anything in anythings name before you even research the contents of the thread you are commenting on? Would you also ask a preacher to preach Bible to you before you read Bible for yourself like a sheepie seeking a shepherd?
Re: Sunday Lent Worship by Kobojunkie: 1:55pm On Mar 08, 2021
budaatum:

Really? And you asked the following:

Why, kobojunkie, would you be interested in learning from me who is not Christ nor is asking you to believe anything in anythings name before you even research the contents of the thread you are commenting on? Would you also ask a preacher to preach Bible to you before you read Bible for yourself like a sheepie seeking a shepherd?
Recall that the second comment there was in response to this...
budaatum:

There is nothing wrong in learning from you your personal truth on any subject. However, when it comes to the truth of God, only that which He taught matters.
Re: Sunday Lent Worship by budaatum: 2:11pm On Mar 08, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Recall that the second comment there was in response to this...

There is nothing wrong in learning from you your personal truth on any subject. However, when it comes to the truth of God, only that which He taught matters.

As I said,
budaatum:

Unless you expect me to read the transcript to you or listen to it for you, do please let me know if you have any questions after you have taken the advice above. They will be welcomed and appreciated.
Re: Sunday Lent Worship by Kobojunkie: 2:14pm On Mar 08, 2021
budaatum:

As I said,

Unless you expect me to read the transcript to you or listen to it for you, do please let me know if you have any questions after you have taken the advice above. They will be welcomed and appreciated.
I didn't expect you to read the transcripts for or to me.
Instead what I asked is why I should care for the opinions of those whom you select there were it concerns the teachings of Jesus Christ.
Re: Sunday Lent Worship by budaatum: 2:19pm On Mar 08, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I didn't expect you to read the transcripts for or to me.
Instead what I asked is why I should care for the opinions of those whom you select there were it concerns the teachings of Jesus Christ.

You do not need to care! 70 or so people viewed the thread before you did and did not care to comment and just moved on. You too, Kobojunkie, can very easily do likewise.

No one "expects you" and no be by force "to care".
Re: Sunday Lent Worship by budaatum: 11:38pm On Mar 14, 2021
Fourth Sunday of Lent

Re: Sunday Lent Worship by budaatum: 7:41pm On Mar 22, 2021
Fifth Sunday of Lent - Lost Years

A moment of remembrance led by the Archbishop of York marks the loss of over 125,000 lives as the nation prepares to mark the anniversary of lockdown.

Re: Sunday Lent Worship by budaatum: 8:54am On Apr 04, 2021
Palm Sunday

A Palm Sunday celebration with a sermon from this year’s winner of the national ‘Theology Slam’ competition. Service led by Methodist minister Revd Dr Calvin Samuel.

Re: Sunday Lent Worship by budaatum: 8:56am On Apr 04, 2021
Easter Sunday

The Most Revd Justin Welby shares his Easter message of hope and resurrection, in a joyful celebration, live from the stunning setting of Canterbury Cathedral. Following Covid-safe guidelines, members of Canterbury Cathedral Choir, directed by David Newsholme, sing well-loved hymns and anthems including Jesus Christ is Risen Today, This Joyful Eastertide and Thine be the Glory and the Mass setting is Mozart’s Missa Brevis in B Flat. With Gospel music from Junior Garr and members of the Spirituals Choir and readings and prayers from the Rt Revd Dr Rose Hudson-Wilkin, Bishop of Dover and members of the Community of St Anselm. Producer Andrew Earis.

Re: Sunday Lent Worship by budaatum: 1:32pm On Jun 14, 2021
OkCornel, this is the beginning of the Pentecost Day thread, in case you are interested in the process.
Re: Sunday Lent Worship by OkCornel(m): 3:32pm On Jun 14, 2021
budaatum:
OkCornel, this is the beginning of the Pentecost Day thread, in case you are interested in the process.

Thanks. As always, your materials are illuminating. smiley
Re: Sunday Lent Worship by budaatum: 3:36pm On Jun 14, 2021
OkCornel:

Thanks. As always, your materials are illuminating. smiley

I serve at your pleasure.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Palm Sunday - Jesus And Untouched Horse - Pastors And Private Jet / Pastor Leke Adeboye Says More About His Brother, Pastor Dare Adeboye. / The Lords Chosen: Impotent For19yrs, I Couldn't Marry But Jesus Set Me Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.