Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,044 members, 7,883,616 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 01:28 PM

Why Don't Coffin Sellers Stay In Their Shop? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why Don't Coffin Sellers Stay In Their Shop? (410 Views)

To go or stay in naija / Why Don't Mechanical Engineer Graduates Set Up Mechanic Shops / Should He Stay In Nigeria Or Move To UK? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Don't Coffin Sellers Stay In Their Shop? by Ademola47(m): 9:40am On Feb 28, 2021
This post is sequel to this
https://www.nairaland.com/6430444/why-morticians-knock-door-before

I've noticed most coffin sellers don't usually stay in their shop.
When my uncle and I went to buy coffin for his father in law's burial, the main door of the shop was opened while the sliding glass doors were closed. We met nobody there.

When we turned back to take our leave, a man approached it. He claimed to be the owner of the shop and that he had seen us from his point of espial.
I later realised that out most coffin sellers don't stay in shop.

What's the rationale behind this?
Is there any cultural or religious inclined reason behind it?
Or are they just being strategic?
Re: Why Don't Coffin Sellers Stay In Their Shop? by Bebson007(m): 10:04am On Feb 28, 2021
They do. I know so many. like one I know is also a carpenter, he makes the coffin from grassroots .
Re: Why Don't Coffin Sellers Stay In Their Shop? by budaatum: 10:15am On Feb 28, 2021
They have better things to be doing than wait in their shop for someone to die. They know that when people die and need a coffin, they will come back if the shop is closed. Its not like tomato sellers in Dugbe Market where one seller closes and you just go to the next one. The competition for coffins is usually on the other side of town. Besides, coffin buyers are loyal customers. They repeat buy where they've bought.

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Coffin Sellers Stay In Their Shop? by habsydiamond(m): 10:35am On Feb 28, 2021
Some go even dey rest inside the coffin dey wait customers..

Re: Why Don't Coffin Sellers Stay In Their Shop? by Shellsploit: 2:29pm On Feb 28, 2021
Coffin sellers can relate... its going to be a thread!

where's Lalasticlala sef.

Updating....

(1) (Reply)

Game Centre +betting Shop / Explain With Facts And Win A Big Reward / Side Hustle Internship 3.0

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.