Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,233 members, 7,943,429 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 03:10 PM

Power System Collapses Lowest In 12 Years. Minister Of Power Reacts - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power System Collapses Lowest In 12 Years. Minister Of Power Reacts (13852 Views)

Aba Power Adjusts Tariff, Lowest In Nigeria / Petrol Prices Highest In South-east, Lowest In North-east In October: NBS / Rotimi Of Power Reacts To Xenophobic Attacks In SA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Power System Collapses Lowest In 12 Years. Minister Of Power Reacts by Ezeun9: 11:57am On Mar 01, 2021
I blame buhari
Re: Power System Collapses Lowest In 12 Years. Minister Of Power Reacts by Ventura1: 11:57am On Mar 01, 2021
There was low activity in 2020 due to COVID-19 lockdown, this could have contributed to the low cases of system collapse.

They should share the number of times it has collapsed in 2021.
Re: Power System Collapses Lowest In 12 Years. Minister Of Power Reacts by sojfarm: 11:58am On Mar 01, 2021
So we should expecting another lower collapse abi.

Old fools
Re: Power System Collapses Lowest In 12 Years. Minister Of Power Reacts by bayelsaowei(m): 11:58am On Mar 01, 2021
Incompetence...allow states to manage their own power and run their shows.

Let states become responsible and value adding.

We need more from power. We shouldn't be here in 2021..
Re: Power System Collapses Lowest In 12 Years. Minister Of Power Reacts by alizma: 11:59am On Mar 01, 2021
osamz007:
FAILED NATION

STUPID LEADERS
Lazy youth who cannot read nor understand simple passage.

1 Like

Re: Power System Collapses Lowest In 12 Years. Minister Of Power Reacts by Nobody: 12:00pm On Mar 01, 2021
Fashola said if nigerians wanted steady power supply they should vote out PDP, they rigged PDP out and he was made the minister of power, we are now seeing their version of steady power supply.

1 Like

Re: Power System Collapses Lowest In 12 Years. Minister Of Power Reacts by isaythetruth(m): 12:02pm On Mar 01, 2021
Power Generation is not rocket science. But in Nigeria, we treat it as such...like it is a Herculean task. Nigerians should be enjoying a 24hours power supply, but the reverse is the case.

The State of Vermont in the US, as small as it is generates more than the whole country generates.
Re: Power System Collapses Lowest In 12 Years. Minister Of Power Reacts by sevo(m): 12:02pm On Mar 01, 2021
JidennaJason:
Even though I am a staunch supporter of the leading opposition party in the country, I just have to commend this administration for undergoing modifications in our dilapidated power sector.

The ministry have given spontaneous response in addressing one of the major bane of the country.

Be that as it may, I will advise the minister to continue tackling the problem.

Bros, just talk sai light don improve for your area....no dey generalize like say light dey everywhere

1 Like

Re: Power System Collapses Lowest In 12 Years. Minister Of Power Reacts by Nobody: 12:03pm On Mar 01, 2021
9jaDoomCountry:
Fashola said if nigerians wanted steady power supply they should vote out PDP, they rigged PDP out and he was made the minister of power, we are now seeing their version of steady power supply.

If PDP stayed in power, the issues would have still been there.

In 2014 your beloved PDP government privatized power...and also put in place a system where power would be sold to end consumer at a loss...meaning the DISCOS and the GENCOS have been running at a loss since then

The APC chaps, having taken power in 2015, continued the same old system...hence the crisis we have. PDP would have done the same if they won in 2015.

The point I AM making is simple. Power supply in this country is bad because it isn't being run profitably.
Re: Power System Collapses Lowest In 12 Years. Minister Of Power Reacts by Lexusgs430: 12:05pm On Mar 01, 2021
When we say Nigeria is a failed state......... Pipu go dey curse us......... cheesy
Re: Power System Collapses Lowest In 12 Years. Minister Of Power Reacts by Ahmad62(m): 12:06pm On Mar 01, 2021
BUUUUUHHHHHHAAAAAARRRRRIIIII.... RESIGN NOW! RESIGN NOW!! RESIGN NOW!!! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH
Re: Power System Collapses Lowest In 12 Years. Minister Of Power Reacts by Lexusgs430: 12:07pm On Mar 01, 2021
Godarz:

If PDP stayed in power, the issues would have still been there.

In 2014 your beloved PDP government privatized power...and also put in place a system where power would be sold to end consumer at a loss...meaning the DISCOS and the GENCOS have been running at a loss since then

The APC chaps, having taken power in 2015, continued the same old system...hence the crisis we have. PDP would have done the same if they won in 2015.

The point I AM making is simple. Power supply in this country is bad because it isn't being run profitably.

APC is PDP, whilst PDP is APC......... Same wine, different bottle........
Re: Power System Collapses Lowest In 12 Years. Minister Of Power Reacts by Nobody: 12:07pm On Mar 01, 2021
isaythetruth:
Power Generation is not rocket science. But in Nigeria, we treat it as such...like it is a Herculean task. Nigerians should be enjoying a 24hours power supply, but the reverse is the case.

The State of Vermont in the US, as small as it is generates more than the whole country generates.

Well, Vermonters don't cheat on their power bills either...by tapping power illegally or refusing to pay for it.

Also, household costs of power in Vermont is 19 cents for households....in Nigeria it was until recently 6 cents.(perkwh)

1 Like

Re: Power System Collapses Lowest In 12 Years. Minister Of Power Reacts by content208: 12:08pm On Mar 01, 2021
JidennaJason:
Even though I am a staunch supporter of the leading opposition party in the country, I just have to commend this administration for undergoing modifications in our dilapidated power sector.

The ministry have given spontaneous response in addressing one of the major bane of the country.

Be that as it may, I will advise the minister to continue tackling the problem.

And in your head, the spontaneous response has led to power collapse, right?

I hope you will wake up from your irresponsible conducts after completely destroying the destiny of your children.

1 Like

Re: Power System Collapses Lowest In 12 Years. Minister Of Power Reacts by Doctee: 12:09pm On Mar 01, 2021
Them Don come again o we no go gt light for some days be dat
Re: Power System Collapses Lowest In 12 Years. Minister Of Power Reacts by GodHatesBigots(m): 12:18pm On Mar 01, 2021
Empty headed politicians
Re: Power System Collapses Lowest In 12 Years. Minister Of Power Reacts by Charly68: 12:22pm On Mar 01, 2021
These set of people can't make a change in Nigeria..they are failures
Re: Power System Collapses Lowest In 12 Years. Minister Of Power Reacts by AFONJACOW(m): 12:24pm On Mar 01, 2021
Sai barba is working ���
Re: Power System Collapses Lowest In 12 Years. Minister Of Power Reacts by octavian(m): 12:24pm On Mar 01, 2021
DuBLINGreenb:
Minister of power na fool

what is difficult in calling his counterparts in Uganda, Ethiopia, Tunisia, Algeria, and asking them "who do Una light?" Why do these African countries have 24/7 Electricity and we don't have? give me the person number you call the person tell him fix Nigeria electricity for us.

Forget all these nonesense Una dey claim say Una dey do, we can see what's going on, it will take 20 years to build Mambilla dam one of Africa's smallest dams with only produces 3000 MEGA WATTS while Ethiopia used 3 years to build Africa's Largest dam which produces 6.35GIGA WATTS more than 100 times what our dam will produce, guess what our dam also cost more than theirs

that small nonesense dam called Mambilla dam whereas Ethiopia is building GERD dam the biggest Dam in Africa and the third largest in the world which cost them 5billion US dollars our small nonesense cost us 5.8 billion USD so far

Na wa ooo just some questions? The power problem in Nigeria, is it more about generating or distributing? Secondly, assuming Niger Republic dammed the River Niger, are we in Nigeria ever going to be talking about Hydro power system?
Re: Power System Collapses Lowest In 12 Years. Minister Of Power Reacts by Nobody: 12:31pm On Mar 01, 2021
Godarz:
Well, up until recently, DISCOS were charging less than N30 per kwh for electricity that, according to a former CBN deputy honcho, cost N53 naira to produce

Throw in the fact that at least 40% of customers don't pay for power...according to the PWC report on power in 2018

When you privatize the power sector, and run it at a loss, there won't be enough profits to fix everything....so we have power collapses.

Either we face reality, and deregulate the power sector...or we keep on paying cheap power, and keep on refusing to pay for power...and get low power allocation.

Power and petroleum products. Same issue. The argument they'd proffer is that Nigerians aren't psychologically ready to pay higher.

But then again, Nigerians live within a very skewed, unbalanced economy. Lol. The issues are everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Power System Collapses Lowest In 12 Years. Minister Of Power Reacts by onuman: 12:31pm On Mar 01, 2021
fergie001:

SOURCE

Engr. Sale Mamman reacts

Engr. Sale Mamman, (Minister of Power)

Square pegs in round holes for Nigeria is unending. Ethnoreligious bigotry is it.

Re: Power System Collapses Lowest In 12 Years. Minister Of Power Reacts by cafolu: 12:45pm On Mar 01, 2021
So Fashola the 'super minister' was just generally fooling around and he had the loudest mouth about a serious government resolving power situation in 6 months? Yeye fowl!
Re: Power System Collapses Lowest In 12 Years. Minister Of Power Reacts by Regex: 12:49pm On Mar 01, 2021
DuBLINGreenb:
Minister of power Engineer Sale Mamman na fool

what is difficult in calling his counterparts in Uganda, Ethiopia, Tunisia, Algeria, and asking them "who do Una light?" Why do these African countries have 24/7 Electricity and we don't have? give me the person number you call the person tell him fix Nigeria electricity for us.

Forget all these nonesense Una dey claim say Una dey do, we can see what's going on, it will take 20 years to build Mambilla dam one of Africa's smallest dams with only produces 3000 MEGA WATTS while Ethiopia used 3 years to build Africa's Largest dam which produces 6.35GIGA WATTS more than 100 times what our dam will produce, guess what our dam also cost more than theirs

that small nonesense dam called Mambilla dam whereas Ethiopia is building GERD dam the biggest Dam in Africa and the third largest in the world which cost them 5billion US dollars our small nonesense cost us 5.8 billion USD so far

Those countries weh you call no deh ever consider themselves African. Maybe that's why they are different.

After reading your writeup and the facts you provided, I am crying for Nigeria.
Re: Power System Collapses Lowest In 12 Years. Minister Of Power Reacts by LastProphet: 1:22pm On Mar 01, 2021
Nbotee:
According to the Dead Meat Resident Mai Suya, PDP stole all the monies dat were supposed to have been used to fix the power sector and fight insurgency that's why insecurity is at an all time high in every region and all Power now belongs to God...

We insult Buhari only where he gets it wrong, anybody who attended school that is still supporting PDP is definitely a morooon
Re: Power System Collapses Lowest In 12 Years. Minister Of Power Reacts by Nbotee(m): 1:30pm On Mar 01, 2021
LastProphet:

We insult Buhari only where he gets it wrong, anybody who attended school that is still supporting PDP is definitely a morooon

Oh definitely.. Anybody who still blames PDP for all the classical failings of dis govt is not jus a mor.on but a hopeless one at dat
Re: Power System Collapses Lowest In 12 Years. Minister Of Power Reacts by sharone21(f): 3:00pm On Mar 01, 2021
Giant of Africa which way?
In Cameroon and Benin/Cotonou it is 24/7 light and easily available meters of 4000-5000 francs& 10000-20000francs respectively.
Despite the 24/7 light, you just pay what you use.
Nigeria is making these places seem like London in terms of electricity.
Re: Power System Collapses Lowest In 12 Years. Minister Of Power Reacts by NaijaFutbol: 3:30pm On Mar 01, 2021
grin

Buhari’s team wasted 4 years before they could bring us back to the trend. Performance that was improving before.

Plus 50bn subsidy that is being wasted on people to do their jobs

Re: Power System Collapses Lowest In 12 Years. Minister Of Power Reacts by Basher8583: 3:35pm On Mar 01, 2021
osamz007:
FAILED NATION

STUPID LEADERS

Lazy youth. You obviously didn't read the post
Re: Power System Collapses Lowest In 12 Years. Minister Of Power Reacts by DuBLINGreenb(m): 4:39pm On Mar 01, 2021
Regex:

Those countries weh you call no deh ever consider themselves African. Maybe that's why they are different.

After reading your writeup and the facts you provided, I am crying for Nigeria.

Thanks for the kind words.

I'm sure Ugandans, south Africans, Gabonese etc consider themselves Africans

I didn't want to list all the African countries with 24/7 Electricity I only listed the once that easily came to my mind at the time of typing

Cape Verde, Gabon, Mauritius even Ghana has electricity far more than we do, Ghana isn't 100% everywhere yet but it's pretty close, some parts of the country already have 24/7 Electricity but not everywhere. According to many people here even the Beninois capital, Cotonou has 24/7 electricity. I know Rwanda's capital Kigali also has 24/7 Electricity as well as Tanzania but I been to other states in those countries or know anyone there so I don't want to speak authoritatively about the entire country but I can speak authoritatively of their capital cities.

We be giant of Africa for mouth. If them do AFCTA free movement of persons, I go just run commot from this Naija, Rwanda, Tanzania and other countries South and East of Africa are Clean, beautiful and VERY safe and secure with 24/7 Electricity. That's why their people don't follow us on to trek desert, serve as slaves in Libya, swim Mediterranean, only to drown or be deported.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Power System Collapses Lowest In 12 Years. Minister Of Power Reacts by LastProphet: 5:26pm On Mar 01, 2021
Nbotee:

Oh definitely.. Anybody who still blames PDP for all the classical failings of dis govt is not jus a mor.on but a hopeless one at dat

Yes improving power at one third of Jonathan's income is moronic, completing the second Niger bridge that Jonathan could not build with crude price at $120 must be moronic. Hopeless fooool
Re: Power System Collapses Lowest In 12 Years. Minister Of Power Reacts by NLPoliceWoman: 5:47pm On Mar 01, 2021
RTR

1 Like

Re: Power System Collapses Lowest In 12 Years. Minister Of Power Reacts by Bluntemperor: 8:28pm On Mar 01, 2021
Where and when did you see the Minister of Power?
In fact anything light or Power in Nigeria is a pipe dream! They( those in Govt) knows that it is a tall order to give Nigerians light 24/7 and 365 days lights is a miracle they can't perform! Ask Mr Fashola- why he couldn't fix the Light during his 4-yesrs reign.
NEPA/DISCOS and GEMCOS are the reasons why Nigeria will never experienced industrialisation!
Too Shameful!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Protest, Withdrawal Of Aspirants Mar Ekiti APC Guber Primary (Video, Pictures) / Igbeh Ochogwu: Panel Issues Arrest Warrant On Police Commissioner / Yaya Boni Defeats Gej To Become AU Chairman.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.