Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,279 members, 7,967,690 topics. Date: Sunday, 06 October 2024 at 05:16 AM

Congo Government Seizes The Mountain Of Gold Discovered By Villagers - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Congo Government Seizes The Mountain Of Gold Discovered By Villagers (45006 Views)

Mali's Coup Leader Assimi Goïta Seizes Power Again / Mountain Of Gold In Congo: Villagers Discover A Mountain Full Of Gold In Congo / Villagers In Indonesia Killed 300 Crocodile After One Killed A Man(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Congo Government Seizes The Mountain Of Gold Discovered By Villagers by Advancedman(m): 6:01pm On Mar 04, 2021
dammyBoxes:
The BBC has confirmed that the viral Video making rounds on social media is true and indeed a mountain rich in gold deposits was found in mountain dey Birava village, 35km from di north of Bukavu, inside di capital city of South-Kivu province.

The government has not only sent the security forces to take over the mountain but to also recover all the gold already mined by the villagers.
It is reported that the soil there is highly concentrated in gold deposits even as high as 90%

https://www.bbc.com/pidgin/tori-56263481

The Abuse of social media is going to cause a lot of people there lives.

There is a saying that nobody discover wealth and start broadcasting it.
Re: Congo Government Seizes The Mountain Of Gold Discovered By Villagers by thatigboman: 6:04pm On Mar 04, 2021
dammyBoxes:

The California Gold Rush (1848–1855) was a gold rush that began on January 24, 1848, when gold was found by James W. Marshall at Sutter's Mill in Coloma, California. The news of gold brought approximately 300,000 people to California from the rest of the United States and abroad.
Yet their government did not send the military to take over the gold in california.

Indeed African leaders are just evil.
what took Europeans to south africa? Diamond rush. Black man is evil
Re: Congo Government Seizes The Mountain Of Gold Discovered By Villagers by Miyachi: 6:19pm On Mar 04, 2021
Qatar2022:

There are things that don't suppose to be in the hands of individual
I understand what you mean, but Nigeria's socio-capitalism is just a facade that masks wanton corruption. I can tell you that most sectors of the economy are controlled by certain groups of individuals.
Why not lay down guidelines on how mining and other extractive activities should be done, give out prospecting rights and collect taxes on minerals extracted. It's that simple, just regulate the industry. You can only imagine the amount of jobs and development this would bring long term.
With all the money Nigeria has made from being the sole owner of these extracted raw materials where can feel its effects.

1 Like

Re: Congo Government Seizes The Mountain Of Gold Discovered By Villagers by authority2006(m): 6:20pm On Mar 04, 2021
Spending123:
Africa is cursed. I know if this happens to be in Nigeria, Buhari will order his soldiers to shoot them on sight.

Senseless comment as usual. Are people not mining gold freely in Nigeria already or is it a secret? Anything to get likes

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Congo Government Seizes The Mountain Of Gold Discovered By Villagers by aryzgreat: 6:28pm On Mar 04, 2021
Expect militants soon in that area. War looming
Re: Congo Government Seizes The Mountain Of Gold Discovered By Villagers by Spending123: 6:48pm On Mar 04, 2021
Coldie:

U and I know this is not true. This is already happening in zamfara how many people have Buhari sent to shoot on sight?

Buhari is not as wicked as some of u paint him

Supposing if this is happening in the southern part of Nigeria especially (SS & SE) by now the army for done use people the count scores. Just like how terrorism is happening in the North and the government is mute over it, but the one that happened in orlu they have send there space ship to bomb and scatter everywhere. My dear Buhari is wicked.
Re: Congo Government Seizes The Mountain Of Gold Discovered By Villagers by Qatar2022: 6:48pm On Mar 04, 2021
LikeAking:

Oga rest.
You lack comprehension and I don't blame you , people like you talk because others are talking
Re: Congo Government Seizes The Mountain Of Gold Discovered By Villagers by tamdun: 6:50pm On Mar 04, 2021
tchaik:

Correct.

If I may add, that's the same reason nobody has seen any footage of Zamfara mining galore.
Exactly, no media is allowed

1 Like

Re: Congo Government Seizes The Mountain Of Gold Discovered By Villagers by Endowedgram(m): 8:21pm On Mar 04, 2021
Re: Congo Government Seizes The Mountain Of Gold Discovered By Villagers by adesile8697: 8:21pm On Mar 04, 2021
Expect militants soon in that area. War looming
Re: Congo Government Seizes The Mountain Of Gold Discovered By Villagers by Endowedgram(m): 8:22pm On Mar 04, 2021
dammyBoxes:

The California Gold Rush (1848–1855) was a gold rush that began on January 24, 1848, when gold was found by James W. Marshall at Sutter's Mill in Coloma, California. The news of gold brought approximately 300,000 people to California from the rest of the United States and abroad.
Yet their government did not send the military to take over the gold in california.

Indeed African leaders are just evil.

You forgot to mention that California wasn’t a state then and it doesn’t have constitution of its own. At the beginning of the Gold Rush, there was no law regarding property rights in the goldfields and a system of "staking claims" was developed.Nor did you mention the outcome like “California Genocide” ...

1 Like

Re: Congo Government Seizes The Mountain Of Gold Discovered By Villagers by Odiriance4all(m): 8:40pm On Mar 04, 2021
SilverNorGold:
God bless Nigeria.

You dey craze
Re: Congo Government Seizes The Mountain Of Gold Discovered By Villagers by Rossnitti: 8:55pm On Mar 04, 2021
faste:
While the discovery of oil in arab world made so many citizen fabulously rich,the discovery of oil in nigeria plunged so many into poverty and very few fabulously rich!

Most Arabs are poor. Only in a a few oil rich states with 2 million population are people living well.

Nigeria has 210 million people and so the oil income is NOWHERE NEAR ENOUGH to develop the country, so get off your lazy ass and do something to help diversify the economy.
Re: Congo Government Seizes The Mountain Of Gold Discovered By Villagers by Nobody: 8:59pm On Mar 04, 2021
Rossnitti:

Most Arabs are poor. Only in a a few oil rich states with 2 million population are people living well.

Nigeria has 210 million people and so the oil income is NOWHERE NEAR ENOUGH to develop the country, so get off your lazy ass and do something to help diversify the economy.
Govt dey steal the money, you are telling him to diversify what?
Re: Congo Government Seizes The Mountain Of Gold Discovered By Villagers by Rossnitti: 9:02pm On Mar 04, 2021
BigBashiru:

and the black stooge are too dumb to resist? you have no argument. i see black on black wickedness everyday in this country....maybe thats why Almighty made their skin color black... its not a good race trust me....

You are a stupid, brainless dunce.

Go and bleach out the MELANIN in your skin, which makes it dark - a blessing by God to protect you from the rays of the sun in tropical climates, because you've been brainwashed to think black is ''inferior'', by the same whites who wear black suits, black tuxedos, drive black limousines and SUVs, tan themselves dark, and spend millions a year on liposuction to puff out their lips to look more 'black'.

Useless, stupid dunce.

1 Like

Re: Congo Government Seizes The Mountain Of Gold Discovered By Villagers by Rossnitti: 9:08pm On Mar 04, 2021
nowhere:

Govt dey steal the money, you are telling him to diversify what?

Come on will you shut up.

Are you in EFCC?

How do you know what and what has been stolen?

Is Nigeria the only country where govt officials steal?

If YOU were in power, would you not enrich YOURSELF?

Go on...LIE and claim you won't, make God punish you.

Idiot.

Lazy fools. Only good for finger pointing, but totally useless to the nation.

Always someone else's fault you're useless.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Congo Government Seizes The Mountain Of Gold Discovered By Villagers by Nobody: 9:11pm On Mar 04, 2021
Rossnitti:

Come on will you shut up.

Are you in EFCC?

How do you know what and what has been stolen?

Is Nigeria the only country where govt officials steal?

if YOU were in power, would you not enrich YOURSELF?

Go on...LIE and claim you want you won't, make God punish you.

Idiot.

Lazy fools. Only good for finger pointing, but totally useless to the nation.

Always someone else's fault you're useless.
EFCC is a criminal..justice same, pastors same, imams same. No tunnel bro let alone light at the end. We are all dying not by swearing will you avert this implosion.
Re: Congo Government Seizes The Mountain Of Gold Discovered By Villagers by Rossnitti: 9:20pm On Mar 04, 2021
nowhere:

EFCC is a criminal..justice same, pastors same, imams same. No tunnel bro let alone light at the end. We are all dying not by swearing will you avert this implosion.

Shut up and go on YouTube and learn a skill for free, and become useful to yourself and others.

Complainant in chief.

In my day we had no YouTube, no instagram, no twitter, no internet, no phone, no whatsapp, nothing, yet we hustled around in molue and danfo till we made it.

What is YOUR excuse? Useless youths.

Today it is Fulani, tomorrow it is Buhari, Next week it is ''African leaders'', after that it will be the ''black race''.

Hopeless things.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Congo Government Seizes The Mountain Of Gold Discovered By Villagers by Coldie(m): 9:25pm On Mar 04, 2021
Spending123:

Supposing if this is happening in the southern part of Nigeria especially (SS & SE) by now the army for done use people the count scores. Just like how terrorism is happening in the North and the government is mute over it, but the one that happened in orlu they have send there space ship to bomb and scatter everywhere. My dear Buhari is wicked.
Na Buhari send army go Orlu or hope uzodinma?
Re: Congo Government Seizes The Mountain Of Gold Discovered By Villagers by LikeAking: 9:25pm On Mar 04, 2021
Qatar2022:

You lack comprehension and I don't blame you , people like you talk because others are talking

I wonder why any sensible civilian will take side with the govt.

Rest!

1 Like

Re: Congo Government Seizes The Mountain Of Gold Discovered By Villagers by Aboguede(m): 10:06pm On Mar 04, 2021
Na toDay u know say 9ja youths are lazy ni grin

Rossnitti:

Shut up and go on YouTube and learn a skill for free, and become useful to yourself and others.

Complainant in chief.

In my day we had no YouTube, no instagram, no twitter, no internet, no phone, no whatsapp, nothing, yet we hustled around in molue and danfo till we made it.

What is YOUR excuse? Useless youths.

Today it is Fulani, tomorrow it is Buhari, Next week it is ''African leaders'', after that it will be the ''black race''.

Hopeless things.
Re: Congo Government Seizes The Mountain Of Gold Discovered By Villagers by Qatar2022: 10:09pm On Mar 04, 2021
Rossnitti:

Are you minding these IGNORANT SCHOOL DROPOUTS?

The comments here just show you how bush and primitive-minded many young Nigerians are.

One even said something about the US California gold rush that occurred centuries ago when the the US had the ''wild wild west'' with cowboys and Indians fighting, slavery the norm, and no real govt in place!

That Nigeria should be like that, and he got 129 likes!!!

Kai...

Do these people think if the US today discovered large gold deposits in Washington, that they will just let everyone go there and 'collect' free gold?

Illiterates!

My brother I tire for our youths mentality
Re: Congo Government Seizes The Mountain Of Gold Discovered By Villagers by BigBashiru: 11:39pm On Mar 04, 2021
Rossnitti:

You are a stupid, brainless dunce.

Go and bleach out the MELANIN in your skin, which makes it dark - a blessing by God to protect you from the rays of the sun in tropical climates, because you've been brainwashed to think black is ''inferior'', by the same whites who wear black suits, black tuxedos, drive black limousines and SUVs, tan themselves dark, and spend millions a year on liposuction to puff out their lips to look more 'black'.

Useless, stupid dunce.

The negro gat low iq which explains why they get personal quickly. Cease the personal attacks and face the facts.
Re: Congo Government Seizes The Mountain Of Gold Discovered By Villagers by themanderon: 12:14am On Mar 05, 2021
Qatar2022:

What the reason of this your comment now?? Did you want individual to hold what government supposed to use to make their economy and country good

We have seen how the government has been making that country good for over 30yrs of war now. The government in that country is nothing but a puppet of the west who are busy plundering the wealth of that great nation.
I knew the government will chase those villagers from that mountain and ask them to return what they have taken. Multinational roguish companies who are working in conjunction with the corrupt government will take over that mountain and mine that gold for their own personal gain. The greatest losers are those poor villagers cos nothing will trickle down to them.
Congo is a blessed nation whose blessing has become a terrible curse. It would have been better they had nothing cos millions have died in that country as a result of all those resources.
Re: Congo Government Seizes The Mountain Of Gold Discovered By Villagers by Psoul(m): 6:37am On Mar 05, 2021
Rossnitti:

You have time to educate these bush people?

They will soon call you a govt paid agent.

Sometime it's good to rubbish their stupidity before them if not they keep thinking that they are making sense.
Re: Congo Government Seizes The Mountain Of Gold Discovered By Villagers by Nobody: 8:11am On Mar 05, 2021
Spending123:
Africa is cursed. I know if this happens to be in Nigeria, Buhari will order his soldiers to shoot them on sight.

Lmao grin
Re: Congo Government Seizes The Mountain Of Gold Discovered By Villagers by panafrican(m): 3:04am On Mar 06, 2021
More reasons to hate that monster called government.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Senator George Theuri Posts Half-Unclad Picture Of Him And His Wife On Facebook / Israeli Military Shoots Down Drones With Laser Technology Mounted On Aircraft / Kenyan Man Twists His Body To Make Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.