Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,920 members, 7,872,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 05:40 AM

Igbo Leaders In North Back Jonathan - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Leaders In North Back Jonathan (3561 Views)

White Witches Back Jonathan To Beat Buhari / Afenifere, Ohanaeze Back Jonathan’s Declaration / South-south, South-east Governors Back Jonathan, Condemn Northern Terrorists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Leaders In North Back Jonathan by aljharem(m): 11:18pm On Apr 12, 2011
Kobojunkie:

I don't think we need them . . . you may think so, but in the last 40 years, most every issue in Ibo land can be traced back to the so-called leaders. At some point, it is OK for the people to step out and take their democracy into their own hands. And not until that starts to happen, will we see improvement in Iboland. Ibos do not have to do it like the Hausa's or the Yoruba's or the Ijaws or even the Ibibios. We can look outside to see that there are more successful people's out there who do not have leaders per say. In the west, those models don't exist and look . . . these people seem to be doing a lot better than we are with our co-dependence on these numbskulls called leaders.

Ibo people are strong enough to make decisions for themselves . . . we finally have a system that allows us do just that  . . . I would rather than than have a bunch of lowlifes continue to sarbotage the future of our children in the name saving it.

you are certainly right here

i strongly believe we can use our republician nature to our advantage

which is what Nchara was saying yesterday
Re: Igbo Leaders In North Back Jonathan by EzeUche(m): 11:36pm On Apr 12, 2011
Kobojunkie brings out the worse in people. undecided
Re: Igbo Leaders In North Back Jonathan by aljharem(m): 11:38pm On Apr 12, 2011
EzeUche:

Kobojunkie brings out the worse in people. undecided

how jor

she is just saying how she fells

remember she is igbo as well before you think she is ofemann nu or something else
Re: Igbo Leaders In North Back Jonathan by mbatuku1: 12:08am On Apr 13, 2011
Kobojunkie is a phucking Ibo biatch. Stop wasting your breath on that subjective efulefu
Re: Igbo Leaders In North Back Jonathan by AljUche: 12:13am On Apr 13, 2011
mbatuku1:

Kobojunkie is a phucking Ibo biatch. Stop wasting your breath on that subjective efulefu

how is she efulefu undecided

is she not entitled to here own opinion
Re: Igbo Leaders In North Back Jonathan by henry101(m): 12:57am On Apr 13, 2011
Kobojunkie:

I don't think we need them . . . you may think so, but in the last 40 years, most every issue in Ibo land can be traced back to the so-called leaders. At some point, it is OK for the people to step out and take their democracy into their own hands. And not until that starts to happen, will we see improvement in Iboland. Ibos do not have to do it like the Hausa's or the Yoruba's or the Ijaws or even the Ibibios. We can look outside to see that there are more successful people's out there who do not have leaders per say. In the west, those models don't exist and look . . . these people seem to be doing a lot better than we are with our co-dependence on these numbskulls called leaders.

Ibo people are strong enough to make decisions for themselves . . . we finally have a system that allows us do just that . . . I would rather than than have a bunch of lowlifes continue to sarbotage the future of our children in the name saving it.
So you are Igbo?
Are you scared to be associated with them or you feel you got so much knowledge than the average igbo man/woman
You seem to have all answers to every Nigerian problem. Always offering solutions like you can make any difference if given the opportunity.
The likes of you do the talking and no action to follow whats been offered as the solution.
You seem to be very critical of every topic discussed here but You have never shown one thing you do for the Nigerian community here in the US or even at home where you seem to claim so much knowledge about issues.
If you feel you so goood, quit typing on your keyboard and board the next available plane to Lagos and do exactly what you ve been typing on NL and lets see if you can stand the heat.
Peace.
Re: Igbo Leaders In North Back Jonathan by Kobojunkie: 1:28am On Apr 13, 2011
I am not certain what @Nchara's contribution to this is, but I do say again, the time of bogus leaders should be done away with.
Re: Igbo Leaders In North Back Jonathan by nduchucks: 1:38am On Apr 13, 2011
Kobojunkie:

I am not certain what @Nchara's contribution to this is, but I do say again, the time of bogus leaders should be done away with.

Truth be told, the Igbos are indispensible in our nation, their contributions do not need to be highlighted, they are as bright as the sunshine. The freaking problem with Ndigbo is the doggone leadership who always put money above the interests of Ndigbo. Why was it not the SE making a deal with CPC? The whole country is sick and tired of PDP, but the leadership in the SE led the flock to vote overwhelmingly for PDP!

This is quite sad.
Re: Igbo Leaders In North Back Jonathan by Nobody: 8:43am On Apr 13, 2011
Igbo leaders

I wonder who the fvck gave them the rite to claim that.

They are actually political jobbers trying to swindle GEJ using the title of Igbo leaders!

As for we igbos, many of us knows who we are voting.

BB2011
Re: Igbo Leaders In North Back Jonathan by FACE(m): 10:02am On Apr 13, 2011
henry101:

[b]So you are Igbo?[/b]Are you scared to be associated with them or you feel you got so much knowledge than the average igbo man/woman
You seem to have all answers to every Nigerian problem. Always offering solutions like you can make any difference if given the opportunity.
The likes of you do the talking and no action to follow whats been offered as the solution.
You seem to be very critical of every topic discussed here but You have never shown one thing you do for the Nigerian community here in the US or even at home where you seem to claim so much knowledge about issues.
If you feel you so goood, quit typing on your keyboard and board the next available plane to Lagos and do exactly what you ve been typing on NL and lets see if you can stand the heat.
Peace.

No she is not and I have to puncture this notion before it takes root.

It is possible that s/he lived somewhere around Aba when s/he was very young (before the war or soon after since s/he is circa 55 years old). If s/he was Igbo, s/he would not claim that every one east of the Niger is Igbo and be very unrepentant about her/his thinking as well.

S/he is very deceptive and always claims to be in a position similar to the line of argument in order to score cheap points. S/he could for instance, claim that s/he had flown direct to Calabar from Atlanta in order to prove that there were direct flights between the cities or even claim that s/he did not know that there was an airport in a city because while she was in that city, s/he did not find any "help desk" to ask about the existence of an airport, but she would be the first to rush to google to become an internet expert in heart surgery, brick laying, magics and any other thing under the sun.

S/he has told enough LIES to get caught in her/his own web and only a naive person would engage her/his in endless cycles of arguments.
As an article of trade, s/he would come with a label "CAVEAT EMPTOR"
Re: Igbo Leaders In North Back Jonathan by AndreUweh(m): 10:55am On Apr 13, 2011
She continually types ibo instead of Igbo to further insult the ethnic nation. All the pleas from all and even non Igbo to stop the imbecility has proved abortive.
Re: Igbo Leaders In North Back Jonathan by Kobojunkie: 1:52pm On Apr 13, 2011
greateros:

Igbo leaders

I wonder who the fvck gave them the rite to claim that.

They are actually political jobbers trying to swindle GEJ using the title of Igbo leaders!

As for we igbos, many of us knows who we are voting.

BB2011

Exactly , we need to start re-evaluating those we classify as leaders in that country.
Re: Igbo Leaders In North Back Jonathan by Kobojunkie: 1:58pm On Apr 13, 2011
ndu_chucks:

Truth be told, the Igbos are indispensible in our nation, their contributions do not need to be highlighted, they are as bright as the sunshine. The freaking problem with Ndigbo is the doggone leadership who always put money above the interests of Ndigbo. Why was it not the SE making a deal with CPC? The whole country is sick and tired of PDP, but the leadership in the SE led the flock to vote overwhelmingly for PDP!

This is quite sad.

Precisely !!! Another election and no one seems to be paying much attention to the South East . . . none of the candidates seem bothered to work to win the East, why? Because they feel the other regions are worth more to them at this point. SE ought to be the important region here since half of the candidates do not even have a SEasterner on the ballot at but NO, no one gives a darn because the leaders have sold out a long before this for kobo-kobo.

Most of these so-called leaders are nothing but opportunists looking for ways of getting for themselves and not much else.
Re: Igbo Leaders In North Back Jonathan by mbatuku1: 2:19pm On Apr 13, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Precisely !!! Another election and no one seems to be paying much attention to the South East . . . none of the candidates seem bothered to work to win the East, why? Because they feel the other regions are worth more to them at this point. SE ought to be the important region here since half of the candidates do not even have a SEasterner on the ballot at but NO, no one gives a darn because the leaders have sold out a long before this for kobo-kobo.

Most of these so-called leaders are nothing but opportunists looking for ways of getting for themselves and not much else.

Why so much hate and venom, and as usual you lack objectivity.

Sometimes, you dont bother to comprehend what an article is about before spewing your bigoted veiws.

Yes, some of these dudes are bad, but that doesn't mean everything about them is evil. Others are not saints.

Anyway, whatever it is that is eating you up, you need to heal yourself.
Re: Igbo Leaders In North Back Jonathan by cjfavour(m): 2:25pm On Apr 13, 2011
How much did he pay you guys? I mean those dt endorsed him. How much? Gej want to beat IBB's record of politics of settlement.
Re: Igbo Leaders In North Back Jonathan by Dede1(m): 2:55pm On Apr 13, 2011
Godman_n:
whatever anyone says, Igbos will be back at the right time. It is a law of nature.

As for my brothers in the north running after Jonathan, I wish them well. Luckily, they will be the first to shout when their sins come after them.

I hate tibalism. Even if I am to be a tribalist, Jonathan is simply not Igbo. He is Ijaw. Igbos fought the war without Ijaw support. I take the Ikweres and the Ikas in River and  Delta as Igbos but not Ijaws.

Yorubas have told me severally that Igbos will never rule Nigeria. Ijaws have said that several times. No Hausa has said that to me. So, I would rather vote an Hausa if I am to judge based on tribal sentiments than an Ijaw man

But outside tribalism, Buhari is the best for Nigeria. I see no reason why those Igbos in the North will troop to Jonathan but for ignorance. Of course we call them Ommatas. They have the money but lack intelligence. Politics means only stealing of public wealth to them.

Politics to me is the acts of organising my society. This Jonathan can simply not do better than Buhari.

When will my generation get this message. When will my Igbos get it.

Nigeria shall one day be free and emancipated.

It is unfortunate that GEJ ethnicity had remained a mystery to this moment. I guess it is very good thing the real ethnicity of GEJ is covered especially to the bunch of ignoramus crowd of Nigerians. Many ethnic groups in southern Nigeria had wished Igbo extraction should never ascend to the position of presidency in Nigeria but such wishful indulgence should not blindfold Ndigbo when presented with the option of choosing between a human fraud and breaker of laws such Buhari and a novice such as GEJ.

Through the gauges of individual actions as precipitated upon the Ndigbo by the means of various governmental machinations, it would amount to display of stark ignorance for Igbo son or daughter to vote for Buhari.   

Politics is not limited to party manifestos and individual promises. It also lingers toward the deeds of certain individuals vying for position of authority in any given society. The actions of Mohammadu Buhari immensely contributed to senseless massacre of innocent citizens of Nigeria mainly of Igbo extraction in northern region of Nigeria from 1966 and beyond.
Re: Igbo Leaders In North Back Jonathan by Kobojunkie: 2:59pm On Apr 13, 2011
cjfavour:

How much did he pay you guys? I mean those dt endorsed him. How much? Gej want to beat IBB's record of politics of settlement.

Apparently they were paid enough for them to render the Opinion and say of Ibos irrelevant this election period. Jonathan is not even working hard to earn the Ibo votes --seems more he like he is counting on that from his region(SS). The other candidates prefer to deal with volunteers than the many touts masquerading as Ibo leaders.
Re: Igbo Leaders In North Back Jonathan by Dede1(m): 3:17pm On Apr 13, 2011
Kobojunkie:

This is one of the most skewed political postulations I have read on this forum. Even in the absences of the so-called South-south geopolitical enclave, the South East is one of the most politically relevant zones in the country. One thing about the zone is that it does not cow-tow to a political party or godfather style of politics. Since the zone had made it known about the choice of a political party, in this case PDP as indicated by the governors of states within the zone, it would amount to waste of money and time for other parties without any Igbo among their flag bearers to stump the zone politically. Even the visit of Buhari to zone was met with token fanfare.

Everybody knows where Ndigbo hedged their political interests as they were not always dictated by tribalism. Even when political parties had an Igbo person as a running mate, if the political history of one of the flag bearers militated against the collective interest of people such political party will not fly in Igbo land.
Re: Igbo Leaders In North Back Jonathan by Kobojunkie: 6:39pm On Apr 13, 2011
cjfavour:

Apparently they were paid enough for them to render the Opinion and say of Ibos irrelevant this election period. Jonathan is not even working hard to earn the Ibo votes --seems more he like he is counting on that from his region(SS). The other candidates prefer to deal with volunteers than the many touts masquerading as Ibo leaders.
Re: Igbo Leaders In North Back Jonathan by mbatuku1: 7:38pm On Apr 13, 2011
Kobojunkie:

They've never said they were Igbo leaders, but leaders of their respective Igbo community associations.

You folks should read carefully before commenting wrongly.
Re: Igbo Leaders In North Back Jonathan by Nobody: 10:02pm On Apr 13, 2011
The Best
Vote Saturday 16th April 2011

Vote for:

Integrity, Competence with Humility

Be wise with your vote!!

[flash=850,500]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acd4f_miAvA?version=3[/flash]
Re: Igbo Leaders In North Back Jonathan by Kobojunkie: 12:24am On Apr 14, 2011
mbatuku1:

They've never said they were Igbo leaders, but leaders of their respective Igbo community associations.

You folks should read carefully before commenting wrongly.

It is OK not to comment on issues you are only willing to make excuses for.
Re: Igbo Leaders In North Back Jonathan by nduchucks: 1:12am On Apr 14, 2011
Dede1:

Through the gauges of individual actions as precipitated upon the Ndigbo by the means of various governmental machinations, it would amount to display of stark ignorance for Igbo son or daughter to vote for Buhari.

Politics is not limited to party manifestos and individual promises. It also lingers toward the deeds of certain individuals vying for position of authority in any given society. The actions of Mohammadu Buhari immensely contributed to senseless massacre of innocent citizens of Nigeria mainly of Igbo extraction in northern region of Nigeria from 1966 and beyond.

I'd appreciate if you would back up the claim in blue text above with some specifics - I mean verifiable specifics and not some made-up conjecture. What specifically was Buhari's contribution between 1966 -1982, or would you like to revise your timeline?
Re: Igbo Leaders In North Back Jonathan by Johns83: 11:07am On Apr 14, 2011
This was just forwarded to my phone: Today in Kaduna PDP disbursed N1.9billion in their bid to win saturday presidential election as follows: 1. LGA returning officers N5mil each 2. LGA Admin Sec. N3mil each 3. INEC directors N3mil each 4. All DPOs N500,000 each 5. All SSS LGA N500,000 each 6. Other INEC officials N2mil The monies were disbursed at Malali and U/rimi btw 10am to 1pm by 1. Alh Hussaini Jallo 2. Alh Hamisu Mairago 3. Alh Lawal ismail 4. Alh Mukhtar Yero (Deputy Gov.) PDP have a budget of N3bil per state against saturday election. Kindly inform INEC, EFCC, PRESS and Observers. Pls use ur phone to snap and record all dealings. Protect your vote. Vote Wisely
Re: Igbo Leaders In North Back Jonathan by juman(m): 11:56am On Apr 14, 2011
Right step.

Join and vote President Jonathan.

Let join hands and make Nigeria great.

Vote Jonathan/Sambo team.
Re: Igbo Leaders In North Back Jonathan by Dede1(m): 12:48pm On Apr 14, 2011
ndu_chucks:

I'd appreciate if you would back up the claim in blue text above with some specifics - I mean verifiable specifics and not some made-up conjecture. What specifically was Buhari's contribution between 1966 -1982, or would you like to revise your timeline?

Mohamadu Buhari was among the young lieutenants who stood among the bloody crowd of Islamic radicals that massacred people of non-northern region of Nigeria origins in 1966. He was one of the participants in the northern region during the military purge of July 29, 1966 which resulted in massacre of innocent civilians. I do not have photographs to show you but believe my educative conjecture.
Re: Igbo Leaders In North Back Jonathan by odumchi: 3:58am On Apr 15, 2011
Jonathan has won this election. I am sure he has total support in : Abia, Enugu, Kaduna, Rivers, Bayelsa , Delta , IMO , Anambra, Ebonyi, Cross Rivers, Akwa Ibom. That's nearly 45 % of Nigerias population already.
Re: Igbo Leaders In North Back Jonathan by jason123: 4:00am On Apr 15, 2011
odumchi:

Jonathan has won this election. I am sure he has total support in : Abia, Enugu, Kaduna, Rivers, Bayelsa , Delta , IMO , Anambra, Ebonyi, Cross Rivers, Akwa Ibom. That's nearly 45 % of Nigerias population already.

That's a lie.
Re: Igbo Leaders In North Back Jonathan by Chyz2: 4:08am On Apr 15, 2011
jason123:

That's a lie.

I suppose you has the proof then?
Re: Igbo Leaders In North Back Jonathan by jason123: 4:22am On Apr 15, 2011
Chyz*:

I suppose you has the proof then?
The electoral population alone is enough proof to dismiss that.
Re: Igbo Leaders In North Back Jonathan by Mekana(m): 12:09am On Apr 17, 2011
Some ppl take pride in casting aspersions on igbos espcially some misguided yorubas. The name is Igbo not Ibo, the later is derogatory and eurocentric. sad

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

video of Abia State House Of Ngozi Iweala ,where The Child Wedding Took Place / Financial Crisis Hits Oil Marketers / International Journal Uncovers Tb Joshua – Video On Youtube

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.