Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,943 members, 7,962,998 topics. Date: Monday, 30 September 2024 at 11:08 PM

The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra - Properties (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra (79658 Views)

The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" / The Making Of The "Akure 5 Bedroom Duplex" / The Making Of The Enugu 6 Bedroom Duplex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by whirlwind7(m): 5:13am On Mar 26, 2022
ImperialCovfefe:
Oga spyder, Welldone.

A quick question, for the attached window, does a large window like this not pose a higher security risk in terms of breaking/entry considering the clime compared to a smaller dimension? If yes, what are the mitigating measures introduced? Thanks.

Here's something I've discovered:
Thieves will break into your house if they are sufficiently motivated and they believe they will get valuable loot in it. This is irrespective the size of the window.
Metal grilles, AKA burglary proof, isn't enough deterrent anymore. A hacksaw can cut through it in minutes.

Bottomline: build your house the way you love it. I personally love big windows. In a duplex, i might do normal sized windows on the ground floor, then install floor to ceiling sized windows on the upper floor.
Worsening economy brings about increasing crimes, and the size of ones windows may not be a determining factor if you will get a visit from robbers.

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 9:10am On Apr 01, 2022
Preparing more glass cubicles for this house.........

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 9:14am On Apr 01, 2022
There are still jobs remaining to be done in this kitchen cabinets, we will return to site today to continue with the works.

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by diehard(m): 11:18am On Apr 01, 2022
The color selection for this kitchen leaves more to be desired. I was hoping you should have used a contrasting color for the woodwork. Everything looks so dull, no excitement.

I know the house owner has the final say as usual, but......

7 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by bizzibodi(m): 11:30am On Apr 04, 2022
@spider888 nice job you are doing,I want to build a bungalow that wall height should be 5coaches after lintel level,will it affect the blocks?is there any fortication I should do.
Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 7:14pm On Apr 04, 2022
bizzibodi:
@spider888 nice job you are doing,I want to build a bungalow that wall height should be 5coaches after lintel level,will it affect the blocks?is there any fortication I should do.

Good evening bro, its very possible. But you have to ensure that the building plan is well studied before loading blocks on the top of it. All lands and building designs are not the same.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 9:39pm On Apr 08, 2022
The cabinets in this house are nearing completion, work is also moving on with the barn doors.

More pictures later.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 10:02pm On Apr 10, 2022
Shower glass cubicles all ready in this house, more pictures later in the week.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 9:22pm On Apr 16, 2022
Due to a lot of logistics issues, we couldn't find time to visit this site this week. We must be here to complete our ongoing works here. More pictures from this site by next week.

Happy Easter my people.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 8:39am On Apr 23, 2022
Levelling up the cooker with the counter top..........

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 8:44am On Apr 23, 2022
More pictures

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 8:49am On Apr 23, 2022
The fridge corner

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 9:06am On Apr 23, 2022
We're making some doors for the bathrooms, these are hung roller barn doors

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by Beframia: 5:19pm On Apr 24, 2022
Whew! This is beautiful, will love to see the installation process.

spyder880:
Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by somehow: 7:17am On Apr 28, 2022
spyder880:

Would love to see how this pans out.
Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 9:09am On Apr 28, 2022
somehow:

Would love to see how this pans out.

Work is ongoing with it........

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by somehow: 9:13am On Apr 28, 2022
spyder880:

Work is ongoing with it........

Ok sir.

Actually want something like this but the person I asked said the accessories are expensive.
Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 10:18am On Apr 28, 2022
somehow:

Ok sir.

Actually want something like this but the person I asked said the accessories are expensive.

They are expensive, and a little hard to find.
Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by somehow: 11:06am On Apr 28, 2022
spyder880:

They are expensive, and a little hard to find.

This is why I had to abandone the plan. Wanted a sliding kind of doors for the loos.
Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 1:13pm On Apr 28, 2022
somehow:

This is why I had to abandone the plan. Wanted a sliding kind of doors for the loos.

Oga mi, hows your project going, hope it's getting to completion now.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by somehow: 1:49pm On Apr 28, 2022
spyder880:

Oga mi, hows your project going, hope it's getting to completion now.

We're done with roofing sir.
Burglaries done
Widows in progress.

Yet to start Plastering though, the weather not condusive and I'm not ready to waste money that is not available lol

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 1:56pm On Apr 28, 2022
somehow:

We're done with roofing sir.
Burglaries done
Widows in progress.

Yet to start Plastering though, the weather not condusive and I'm not ready to waste money that is not available lol

I understand, Lagos rainy season is always very wet. Well done Sir, God will provide for all of us to speed up our different projects.

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by somehow: 4:25pm On Apr 28, 2022
spyder880:

I understand, Lagos rainy season is always very wet. Well done Sir, God will provide for all of us to speed up our different projects.

Amen sir
Thank you engineer.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 1:43pm On May 01, 2022
Barn door rails hung..........

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by Nobody: 4:29pm On May 01, 2022
What happens to the clearance between the wall and the door. Abi they won't be seeing someone inside. Just asking.
Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by omanzo02: 10:28pm On May 01, 2022
spyder880:
We have mounted the thunder arrestor pointer and other equipment to the top of this building..........
Spyder,
Is the pole lining of this roof also with danta woods or mixture with other type of roofing woods?
Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 11:32pm On May 01, 2022
gordonbarrett:
What happens to the clearance between the wall and the door. Abi they won't be seeing someone inside. Just asking.

The gap will be so small. Anyways it's a private bedroom.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 11:34pm On May 01, 2022
omanzo02:

Spyder,
Is the pole lining of this roof also with danta woods or mixture with other type of roofing woods?

On the top of the Danta, we nail softer wood like melina. This makes the roofing tiles stay well nailed to the wood, hard wood like Danta of 2x2" can split when nailed with 3" nails, but softer wood like melina wont split.
Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by omanzo02: 5:41am On May 02, 2022
spyder880:

On the top of the Danta, we nail softer wood like melina. This makes the roofing tiles stay well nailed to the wood, hard wood like Danta of 2x2" can split when nailed with 3" nails, but softer wood like melina wont split.
Alright, I am also getting similar advice to use another wood for the 2x2 due to it's scantiness and hardness and most dealers are reluctant to saw danta into 2x2.
So the melina wood be used without treatment then?
Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 7:34am On May 02, 2022
omanzo02:

Alright, I am also getting similar advice to use another wood for the 2x2 due to it's scantiness and hardness and most dealers are reluctant to saw danta into 2x2.
So the melina wood be used without treatment then?

From experience, melina wood doesn't get eaten by termites. But we treat them anyways, especially for clients who insist.
Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 9:48pm On May 15, 2022
Air conditioning units installation completed for this house.........

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 9:43am On May 16, 2022
More air conditioning units mounted on the walls..........

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (Reply)

Building Under Construction Collapses In Lekki (Photo) / I Cried When I Entered The Houses Of Billionaires In Lekki / How To Practically Calculate The Quantity (m2) Of Roofing Sheet Required

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.