Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,360 members, 7,947,583 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 01:07 AM

After Working On My Track For 3 Months, It Still Came Out Sounding Trashy. - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / After Working On My Track For 3 Months, It Still Came Out Sounding Trashy. (608 Views)

What Are You Listen To Download My Track Hola Zee X Tedybillz X Fariyung / P-SWAG ( Am Going To Stab Deep Into Rappers Chest When I Drop My Track GHOST) / Kendrick Lamar And The Weeknd Joint Track For The Film “the Black Panther”. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

After Working On My Track For 3 Months, It Still Came Out Sounding Trashy. by Iamdbull: 7:23am On Mar 07, 2021
So I posted here a couple of months ago, that I was depressed for using my life savings to record a song, here is the link. https://www.nairaland.com/6384768/just-recorded-song-life-savings
I got a lot of encouragement here from some great and amazing people. So i became positive, traveled to the studio with drinks(shayo), to ginger the producers, then also went again after two weeks to monitor the work, after another week and the song was not ready, I had to travelled the 3rd time and it was then they told me the song was sounding substandard that I need to voice again. It was time to voice but the generator became faulty so I had to travel back without doing anything. Then after a week I travelled to the studio to voice again. Mind you, I did this same song in 2018 and it was good so I decided to go and redo it at a more expensive studio, Boom a 2weeks later which is today the song was out and guess what…… it was total trash, 150k gone.

But guess what, After hearing the track and it was trash, with all my money, efforts, energy gone down the drain, Rather than feeling depressed and suicidal, I felt some joy, energy and hope inside me and I said to myself, “the devil is a liar”. I took myself to an amazing fast food joint ate fried rice and chicken with salad and a bottle of coca cola inside A.C. I relaxed myself, then I left to a quiet place. I logged on to a particular site where there are thousands of free beats and I started listening to them. I listened to almost 100 beats and I wasn’t totaling feeling them, I felt bad, then I thought of giving up on the beat hunt, but I decided to listen to a couple more and boom I saw a beat I liked and luckily it went with a particular song I composed a while ago. I started rehearsing and it was really geling although I felt the beat is not my style but in life nobody knows what works for them until we all give it a trial. Recording this new track wont be a problem financially, since I have seen for myself that expensive studios are more or less not necessary. I have a producer here on nairaland am planning on working with, all I need is to work harder on my singing and vocals and avoid mistakes I made with the last song.

One thing about creativity be it from a Fashion designer, artiste, hairstylist is that, you might envision and picture something and it will be picture perfect In your head, only to bring it to life and its not just it. Thats what causes fight between people and their clients. So if you fall in this category don’t feel you not good enough.

Now the major reason why am doing this and am writing this here is for someone out there that is about to give up on his dreams to see this and know that there is nothing wrong in chasing your dreams, be you a footballer, Fashion designer, artiste, education etc. You are a star, stay focused. My mum has insulted me several times for wasting money on music and have humiliated myself severally but I still deeply believe I have something beautiful to share with the world.

I am DBULL an up and coming artiste and this is my story, God bless you all.

1 Like

Re: After Working On My Track For 3 Months, It Still Came Out Sounding Trashy. by Bigdiddo(m): 12:04am On Mar 09, 2021
Holla 08085758577, let me hear the song... Just wanna be sure it's u not getting it right, or the the production itself lack quality. good directives during voice record , mixing and mastering are the things that makes a song sound perfect.. sometimes no be by big expensive studio.
Re: After Working On My Track For 3 Months, It Still Came Out Sounding Trashy. by Iamdbull: 10:51am On Mar 09, 2021
Bigdiddo:
Holla 08085758577, let me hear the song... Just wanna be sure it's u not getting it right, or the the production itself lack quality. good directives during voice record , mixing and mastering are the things that makes a song sound perfect.. sometimes no be by big expensive studio.
I don send am to your WhatsApp
Re: After Working On My Track For 3 Months, It Still Came Out Sounding Trashy. by Iamdbull: 7:31pm On Mar 18, 2021
M

(1) (Reply)

Veeiye – Young & Reckless Album Zip File Download / Oh Hell No / Favourite Songs:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.