Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,383 members, 7,917,218 topics. Date: Saturday, 10 August 2024 at 08:20 PM

Nigerians In USA, Do You Save More Than N15 Million Yearly? - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In USA, Do You Save More Than N15 Million Yearly? (59090 Views)

Yearly Salary & Monthly Income After Tax Deductions In UK / Nigerian Man Makes N207 Million Yearly Carrying bag of Cements in South Korea / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In USA, Do You Save More Than N15 Million Yearly? by Andrenalin: 4:20pm On Mar 07, 2021
OnlyDeCapPlease:

Let me just talk about the bolded.

A lot of people abroad might view such as a 'one off' expense therefore are prepared to take a loan, put it on a credit card, use up life savings or even remortgage. Some self employed or business people might find a way to put it down as a business cost so that it becomes 'tax deductible'. I might go as far as saying that 90% of people living abroad will do the aforesaid or something similar after which they will take their time to pay off debts or replenish savings.

Then there are the lucky ones for whom N12m (about $30k) will be money that they can just take out of balance of a current account and it will not affect anything because thousands is going in there daily, weekly or monthly. Such people might even have a $50k to $100k authorised overdraft.

Then we have the fraud people......
I think more of the fraud ppl
Re: Nigerians In USA, Do You Save More Than N15 Million Yearly? by Sterope(f): 4:21pm On Mar 07, 2021
Lol. It depends on her job and creditworthiness.

MrGoood:
I am a businessman and the thing is I am in for money in any choice I make. I made around 22 million in savings last year. Though I cut family and girlfriends off my life to achieve that and am in Nigeria.

But seeing the doings of people outside The country, there was an America based lady that spent over 12 million naira on her mother's burial. For her to spend that much I believe she will have 20x of that amount.

At least for an upright thinking fellow, I feel like am making less so am thinking of relocating. Can I make over 22 million yearly in savings in USA, If no how much can I save? Talk from your personal experience pls, Let stop deceiving each other pls, How much did you save annually in USA? Please let be sincere.
Re: Nigerians In USA, Do You Save More Than N15 Million Yearly? by golddust6000(m): 4:21pm On Mar 07, 2021
Predstan:

If you are in the US and $6k is a lot for you, then you need to invest some time researching better gigs for yourself and maybe investing a lot more on certifications
i am a social worker with 3yeats working experience, still yet to find any Nigerian I know who earn more than me.
Bro pls tell Nigerians back home the truth.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians In USA, Do You Save More Than N15 Million Yearly? by fbisystems: 4:25pm On Mar 07, 2021
mrkhaynoni:

All what this guy wrote here are things he knows nothing about. Which government takes 50% of income as tax? Lol. I work in the US and I have family and friends in every major industry. Nobody, I repeat nobody pays 50% as tax on income. Not even close!
Depends what you do in America. If you work for somebody or company, I don't care if you are a doctor, engineer or lawyer, or mere warehouse worker, your income will be limited by tax even if you live frugally because you have no control of your taxes and you will shed almost 50% in taxes if you make more across taxes (federal, state, property and estate). Lets say you make $150k, government collect almost $75k in taxes across. You are left with $75k, after your house, car, emergency and personal expenses, you re left with $10-20k in the bank every yr. You can live a comfortable life but you will never be wealthy!

Now, if you own your own business, not mom and pop kiosk, I mean real business over $500k in revenue, you will have more control of your taxes. Once you understand how America works, which most Nigerians or black immigrants never understand anyways...just living the American dream blindly( big house and nice cars) and fatally in debt, you will know that America rewards business owners and entrepreneurs. Most Asian immigrants understand this which is why they own their own business and don't work for people!

Any Nigerian you know that is very very wealthy in America, has his/her own big business. These are not small boys and girls, they have over 5 employees (that's over $200k/90million in payroll a year assuming $45k each employee a yr), business location cost $500k-$5million. They rarely pay taxes because their business give them that advantage. Go and read why and how the rich in America pay zero to no taxes...actually government doesn't want you to if you create job, invest or an entrepreneur!

Please find ur facts and get informed about American tax, the tax bracket people fall into based on their earnings, how people take advantage of the gaps in the system when reporting tax and all
Please you ought to do extensive research before coming here to speak.
You should apeak from the position of being informed n not them say.
Re: Nigerians In USA, Do You Save More Than N15 Million Yearly? by shegzhkn: 4:25pm On Mar 07, 2021
Juliearth:

If you can be able to garner this much while in Nigeria, all things being equal, I am quite positive that you would make far more than that amount abroad. Your major set back however,would be tax.

Really ??

Make far more in abroad when there are a lot of variables that are still unknown ??

Do we even know what he is 'doing' to start with ??
Re: Nigerians In USA, Do You Save More Than N15 Million Yearly? by mr405: 4:27pm On Mar 07, 2021
MrGoood:

How many hours weekly work and what percentage go in tax , And I don’t even want a serious relationship, No free relationship anyway, Don’t even mention independent ladies or self employed, The more classy the more her problem, One way or the other fire must burn one person in the relationship, You might not spend on a rich lady directly but imagine you going to expensive concert and using hotel to pass the night , 500k is off in one occasion and that might happen twice in a months, 300k table for two and Golden tulip 200$ a night , You will eat and do those unnecessary stuff, Without concert, You will spend on one thing sha ni , I hardly save 15 million when I was dating couple with families I was drained below 10 mill in 2019, Covid 19 is a blessing to me because I saved and stop shit draining money, I promise myself unless I turn billionaire, No help from me to anyone, Honestly, I need to plan for my upcoming generation.
brains.. but what's your hustle bikp
Re: Nigerians In USA, Do You Save More Than N15 Million Yearly? by Predstan: 4:28pm On Mar 07, 2021

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In USA, Do You Save More Than N15 Million Yearly? by Gbabe2: 4:31pm On Mar 07, 2021
golddust6000:
i am a social worker with 3yeats working experience, still yet to find any Nigerian I know who earn more than me.
Bro pls tell Nigerians back home the truth.

6k usd annually? Is 6k savings? Its tax refund season now and you need to know how much people collect as refund annually. 2 weeks ago, I helped a lady filed her returns and she just collected over 9k usd as refund. Folks are saving up far more than that depending on what you do for a living. If you are into menial jobs, yes it’s a lot but professionals are making far more.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians In USA, Do You Save More Than N15 Million Yearly? by Amalekki: 4:32pm On Mar 07, 2021
mrkhaynoni:

Lmao � � �.

I wish you all the best with your 150k a month o!

People sha!!!
No mind them grin
Re: Nigerians In USA, Do You Save More Than N15 Million Yearly? by ALISMILE(m): 4:32pm On Mar 07, 2021
MrGoood:

I hardly save 15 million when I was dating couple with families I was drained below 10 mill in 2019, Covid 19 is a blessing to me because I saved and stop shit draining money, I promise myself unless I turn billionaire, No help from me to anyone, Honestly, I need to plan for my upcoming generation.
Stop thinking this way
You can become rich even while being generous

I think I make around same amount as u, but I currently have less than you by a simple fraction in my bank account due to some heavy investment I made in January, but I still give out very well.
I'm not say am generous but I try to put smile on people's faces daily, people I meet.
To tell you the truth, the more I give the more money I seem to be making, so why should I stop giving

14 Likes

Re: Nigerians In USA, Do You Save More Than N15 Million Yearly? by Dukeolumidemans(m): 4:36pm On Mar 07, 2021
golddust6000:
if you live in Nigeria and earn 150k you are way better than US citizens

I don't agree Sir. Because u have not considered some of the followings:
1. Security of human lives
2. Transportation
3. Access to medical facilities
4. Sane Environment
5. Personal growth/development
6. Peace of mind etc.

Those tax deducted are used to make sure those facilities and more are in place while in Nigeria, only one person or two steals the money and nothing will happen. At worse, they will treat his case based on sentiment... That's why the whole place is messed up. Secondly a Nigerian who earns that amount will have to cater for himself in the above named areas.
In conclusion, someone with N150k in Nigeria is not better off than their counterpart who is a US
Citizen.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians In USA, Do You Save More Than N15 Million Yearly? by pimper24: 4:36pm On Mar 07, 2021
SmartPolician:

Please this is FALSE.

Say what you know, please.

Rent varies just like it does in Nigeria

You go for what you can afford.

That's why I said that making and saving money is an individual thing.
The 1k dollars average rent is true and that is even among the lowest

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In USA, Do You Save More Than N15 Million Yearly? by BennyDGreat: 4:37pm On Mar 07, 2021
Henvest:
OP anybody making over 2m monthly in saving anywhere in the world won't have the kind of time you have replying every
comments.
So If u are planning of selling your father's Land to relocate to America all I will advise u is watch before you leap

Lol u be comedian

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians In USA, Do You Save More Than N15 Million Yearly? by fbisystems: 4:38pm On Mar 07, 2021
MrGoood:
I am a businessman and the thing is I am in for money in any choice I make. I made around 22 million in savings last year. Though I cut family and girlfriends off my life to achieve that and am in Nigeria.

But seeing the doings of people outside The country, there was an America based lady that spent over 12 million naira on her mother's burial. For her to spend that much I believe she will have 20x of that amount.

At least for an upright thinking fellow, I feel like am making less so am thinking of relocating. Can I make over 22 million yearly in savings in USA, If no how much can I save? Talk from your personal experience pls, Let stop deceiving each other pls, How much did you save annually in USA? Please let be sincere.

I can't advise you to stay back in Nigeria or go to America, however, when you do your extensive research and you get the data, it will aid you in making a good decision.
Data helps you in making decisions
Put the ffwing questions into perspective
What do i intend doing in America?
Do i have the required documentation to work?
Have i been given a job?
Am i going to hussel?
What skill set do i have to compete in that market?
Do i intend starting a Business
Do i have a soft landing (family n friends )willing to accommodate me?
Do i have anyone who has gone the walk and willing to hold my hand through the journey

All these should part of the questions that should rattle your mind.
NB. Ur 22m is divided by 480
Naira is devalued.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians In USA, Do You Save More Than N15 Million Yearly? by daima: 4:40pm On Mar 07, 2021
Ibrahimmrfish:

Most insurance don't cover dental care and cancer treatment for low income earners.As for bail some judges are evil, especially if you are black,they Jack up the bail to an unreasonable amount.

How much Una dey save for naija sef.. what is an average Nigerian's salary
Re: Nigerians In USA, Do You Save More Than N15 Million Yearly? by tempest01(m): 4:40pm On Mar 07, 2021
MrGoood:

You won’t understand what they mean by wanting too make more and more , Even Dangote is hoping for bigger opportunities, When you start making real money come and contribute, Btw I can go to USA if I want too , I just want a real life experience, And not blind journey, Please don’t mention me anymore

I can do a bit of social engineering on you and tell you that even if you actually make that amount you claim, you are poor in mind.

You come off as a dejected fellow who hopes to travel out as others, has the money to sponsor, but can't seem to find a way.

And your business that is giving you this mouth, if I am to take a wild guess, even if it is not an illegal online business, it is one that is not morally right.

10 Likes

Re: Nigerians In USA, Do You Save More Than N15 Million Yearly? by Jaqenhghar: 4:41pm On Mar 07, 2021
tillaman:
It Depends on the type of hustle grin
A dope dealer will save thrice the amount in months
Exactly grin
Re: Nigerians In USA, Do You Save More Than N15 Million Yearly? by tempest01(m): 4:41pm On Mar 07, 2021
bignero:

Why the frustration are you that broke that you insult the guy for no reason?

Omo nobe soo..

Like some one said even Dangote de fine money.. Carry your frustration ginger yaself or put am for ya pocket

Na you're broke type person go make claims online, you go dey kiss ass, if crumbs go fall for you.
Re: Nigerians In USA, Do You Save More Than N15 Million Yearly? by kingbabaj: 4:45pm On Mar 07, 2021
@mrGood, I sent u a mail please respond.. Thanks
Re: Nigerians In USA, Do You Save More Than N15 Million Yearly? by Nobody: 4:45pm On Mar 07, 2021
Keep deceiving yourself and others.�

golddust6000:
if you live in Nigeria and earn 150k you are way better than US citizens

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In USA, Do You Save More Than N15 Million Yearly? by Juliearth(f): 4:48pm On Mar 07, 2021
shegzhkn:

Really ??

Make far more in abroad when there are a lot of variables that are still unknown ??

Do we even know what he is 'doing' to start with ??

My assertion is borne out of the fact that, despite the fact that business owners have to pay taxes and all that, it is still far better than running a business in Nigeria in terms of ROI. However, this is not my forté, so I stand to be corrected.
Re: Nigerians In USA, Do You Save More Than N15 Million Yearly? by WoundedLamb: 4:52pm On Mar 07, 2021
A doctor can easily save that. An IT person who lives a "low profile" life can. And maybe truck drivers too, those guye are well paid.
Re: Nigerians In USA, Do You Save More Than N15 Million Yearly? by strecher24(m): 4:59pm On Mar 07, 2021
Mr good, can we also grab or tap from idea, so we can still project from ur business... thank you
Re: Nigerians In USA, Do You Save More Than N15 Million Yearly? by Nobody: 5:00pm On Mar 07, 2021
Depends what you do in America. If you work for somebody or company, I don't care if you are a doctor, engineer or lawyer, or mere warehouse worker, your income will be limited by tax even if you live frugally because you have no control of your taxes and you will shed almost 50% in taxes if you make more across taxes (federal, state, property and estate). Lets say you make $150k, government collect almost $75k in taxes across. You are left with $75k, after your house, car, emergency and personal expenses, you re left with $10-20k in the bank every yr. You can live a comfortable life but you will never be wealthy!

Now, if you own your own business, not mom and pop kiosk, I mean real business over $500k in revenue, you will have more control of your taxes. Once you understand how America works, which most Nigerians or black immigrants never understand anyways...just living the American dream blindly( big house and nice cars) and fatally in debt, you will know that America rewards business owners and entrepreneurs. Most Asian immigrants understand this which is why they own their own business and don't work for people!

Any Nigerian you know that is very very wealthy in America, has his/her own big business. These are not small boys and girls, they have over 5 employees (that's over $200k/90million in payroll a year assuming $45k each employee a yr), business location cost $500k-$5million. They rarely pay taxes because their business give them that advantage. Go and read why and how the rich in America pay zero to no taxes...actually government doesn't want you to if you create job, invest or an entrepreneur!

This is the brutal and bluntly stated unadulterated truth.

E.O.D
Re: Nigerians In USA, Do You Save More Than N15 Million Yearly? by Amalekki: 5:00pm On Mar 07, 2021
Predstan:

However, on the brighter side. What do you need savings for? What exactly does savings do for you if I can do anything I aspire for in life without savings?
That's my exact view of this thread grin

The mentality is different in America. A typical American enjoys his life to the fullest - there is only one life to live. Just understand your environment and your options.

8 Likes

Re: Nigerians In USA, Do You Save More Than N15 Million Yearly? by sonnie10: 5:09pm On Mar 07, 2021
mrkhaynoni:

I can tell you ten cities with rent less than 1k. Stop misleading people. You definitely don't have enough information to back up your assertions. College station is a city in texas and you can get a 2br for less than 1k in a cool area. There are many more like that.
Bros you know Collage Station ? I love the big ranch houses and the quiet life there. Another place is Navosta, Brehem and Conro. Perier rock view is closer to 249 but I would rather go inward. Good life sha.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In USA, Do You Save More Than N15 Million Yearly? by Ganjafama(m): 5:12pm On Mar 07, 2021
MrGoood:

How many hours weekly work and what percentage go in tax , And I don’t even want a serious relationship, No free relationship anyway, Don’t even mention independent ladies or self employed, The more classy the more her problem, One way or the other fire must burn one person in the relationship, You might not spend on a rich lady directly but imagine you going to expensive concert and using hotel to pass the night , 500k is off in one occasion and that might happen twice in a months, 300k table for two and Golden tulip 200$ a night , You will eat and do those unnecessary stuff, Without concert, You will spend on one thing sha ni , I hardly save 15 million when I was dating couple with families I was drained below 10 mill in 2019, Covid 19 is a blessing to me because I saved and stop shit draining money, I promise myself unless I turn billionaire, No help from me to anyone, Honestly, I need to plan for my upcoming generation.
I'm sorry to say this but with this mindset of yours you may end up not getting married and at the same time alienate yourself from your family.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In USA, Do You Save More Than N15 Million Yearly? by shegzhkn: 5:13pm On Mar 07, 2021
Juliearth:

My assertion is borne out of the fact that, despite the fact that business owners have to pay taxes and all that, it is still far better than running a business in Nigeria in terms of ROI. However, this is not my forté, so I stand to be corrected.

Lol, ROI ??

Well it depends on the kind of business you are into.
Re: Nigerians In USA, Do You Save More Than N15 Million Yearly? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Mar 07, 2021
Stupid question, Nigerians thinks/believes everything must be about money. cheesy Backwards and ignorant thinking.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians In USA, Do You Save More Than N15 Million Yearly? by Dalil8: 5:21pm On Mar 07, 2021
tonididdy:
I see no reason to live the country if I make 22mil a year.

Do you know how much that is? and prolly tax free.

Bro have a trip or something but relocating... Naaaaa

Bro 48k annually isn't alot if we're being honest here.

Re: Nigerians In USA, Do You Save More Than N15 Million Yearly? by austinelex: 5:22pm On Mar 07, 2021
MrGoood:

But seeing the doings of people outside The country, there was an America based lady that spent over 12 million naira on her mother's burial. For her to spend that much I believe she will have 20x of that amount. Pls what kind of business u are into

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Tinubu Square, Lagos: See The 1960 Vs. 2018 Look / DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad / Adzuayi Ewuga’s, 11 Others Die In Plane Crash In Cameroon (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.