Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,405 members, 7,901,114 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 12:05 AM

Osita Osadebe And Oliver De Coque: The Last Igbo Minstrels - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Osita Osadebe And Oliver De Coque: The Last Igbo Minstrels (35792 Views)

Chief Osita Osadebe And Oliver De Coque Who Is The King Of Igbo Highlife / Popular Igbo Traditionalist/Historian Oliver Nwokedi Reveals Secrets About Lagos / Son Of "Oliver De Coque" Thrills Guests At Anambra Cultural Carnival In Finland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osita Osadebe And Oliver De Coque: The Last Igbo Minstrels by IYANGBALI: 5:58pm On Mar 07, 2021
Juliusmalema:
Of course they are the last Igbo Minstrels. Nobody I mean nobody has been able to follow the path these Men both in music and it's rhythm..

If there exist any, maybe people should let us know?

The more reasons their musics are still been played and admired years after Joining the mother earth because no one has been able to come up with something of such marvelous pattern..

Agbala aka na azo ani- Chief stephen Osita Osadebe

Mmili Malu Ugo, asago Ugo aru- Oliver De Cooque
which one is musicS? You and this your made in Aba English
Re: Osita Osadebe And Oliver De Coque: The Last Igbo Minstrels by Nobody: 6:00pm On Mar 07, 2021
IYANGBALI:
which one is musicS? You and this your made in Aba English

Thanks to good God it was made in Aba and not London.

Another honor added to my cap.

7 Likes

Re: Osita Osadebe And Oliver De Coque: The Last Igbo Minstrels by Adiwana: 6:00pm On Mar 07, 2021
Phyno and Flavour still sample them heavily in their music and make a lot of references to them. I can't count how many times, I've heard a Phyno song and be like that's Osadebe's beats or drums
Re: Osita Osadebe And Oliver De Coque: The Last Igbo Minstrels by Nobody: 6:00pm On Mar 07, 2021
Oliver the coke
Re: Osita Osadebe And Oliver De Coque: The Last Igbo Minstrels by imaxdocuments: 6:01pm On Mar 07, 2021
The two greatest high life music maestros out of Africa
Re: Osita Osadebe And Oliver De Coque: The Last Igbo Minstrels by IYANGBALI: 6:02pm On Mar 07, 2021
Juliusmalema:

no just kill person with it
Re: Osita Osadebe And Oliver De Coque: The Last Igbo Minstrels by Nobody: 6:03pm On Mar 07, 2021
IYANGBALI:
no just kill person with it
Thanks to good God it was made in Aba and not London. Another honor added to my cap.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osita Osadebe And Oliver De Coque: The Last Igbo Minstrels by Nobody: 6:04pm On Mar 07, 2021
Volkswagen90:
Oliver the coke
Cooque rather..

1 Like

Re: Osita Osadebe And Oliver De Coque: The Last Igbo Minstrels by Thecvbankng: 6:04pm On Mar 07, 2021
ArrewaDrugGang:
Osita osadebe and Oliver de conque never travelled much in their lifetime but their kinsmen, mainly traders took them far and wide. If you know nothing about Igbo tradition in Jos you must know ebiri kan biri

They actually did. Some of their albums were recorded outside of africa. They did music tours around northern and southern america. Parts of africa too. There are videos on youtube showing proof of some of this; shows, recording sessions etc.

1 Like

Re: Osita Osadebe And Oliver De Coque: The Last Igbo Minstrels by BKayy: 6:06pm On Mar 07, 2021
JohnBullMySon:
what of sir warrior?
Sir Warrior is good no doubt but these two are way above his level

2 Likes

Re: Osita Osadebe And Oliver De Coque: The Last Igbo Minstrels by Thecvbankng: 6:07pm On Mar 07, 2021
alfasexy:
Those days we had no larger choices than these 2 and they were highly promoted, hyped up and there was a rivalry between them which I believe they cultivated that made fans of one hate the music of the other and vice versa.

Today, there are a plethora of equally gifted or better artists but the environment is different.

Lol

Equally gift. Maybe yes but yet to be proven. But better artistes than Osadebe and Oliver in Igbo Highlife genre today? Kindly list these ones
Re: Osita Osadebe And Oliver De Coque: The Last Igbo Minstrels by Nobody: 6:07pm On Mar 07, 2021
ArrewaDrugGang:
Osita osadebe and Oliver de conque never travelled much in their lifetime but their kinsmen, mainly traders took them far and wide. If you know nothing about Igbo tradition in Jos you must know ebiri kan biri

Well they did travel more outside Nigeria for show back then.
Re: Osita Osadebe And Oliver De Coque: The Last Igbo Minstrels by Nobody: 6:09pm On Mar 07, 2021
Thecvbankng:

Lol

Equally gift. Maybe yes but yet to be proven. But better artistes than Osadebe and Oliver in Igbo Highlife genre today? Kindly list these ones

He cant name any.

He is just writing for writing sake.
Re: Osita Osadebe And Oliver De Coque: The Last Igbo Minstrels by Topmaike007(m): 6:10pm On Mar 07, 2021
Umu obiligbo, ayaka Ozubulu,chief Onyenze are making us proud
Re: Osita Osadebe And Oliver De Coque: The Last Igbo Minstrels by thatigboman: 6:11pm On Mar 07, 2021
Op, u are talking of highlife.
What about the late traditional prime minister, Mezuo Pericoma Okoye from Arondizuogu?
Re: Osita Osadebe And Oliver De Coque: The Last Igbo Minstrels by Remijuice: 6:12pm On Mar 07, 2021
Who knows where one can download their songs...ayama, ribe oriri taba ife arụ n'echi ebuka ayama...

If you know you know.
Re: Osita Osadebe And Oliver De Coque: The Last Igbo Minstrels by Ositadimmma: 6:12pm On Mar 07, 2021
Please take a look at "The Cavemen" . Listen to their entire album "Roots" you will see that great Eastern highlife has reincarnated better than our wildest dreams.

Enjoy this if you go off the beaten path of the common sounds that now dominates the airwaves of popular culture.

Cheers!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osita Osadebe And Oliver De Coque: The Last Igbo Minstrels by francium001: 6:15pm On Mar 07, 2021
@OP please where did you place the likes of Mike Ejeagha and Morocco Maduka(late) those you mentioned are LEGENDS no doubt, but there are many up coming and already established musicians, have you tried listening to songs done by Oliver's children?

1 Like

Re: Osita Osadebe And Oliver De Coque: The Last Igbo Minstrels by FRANKOSKI(m): 6:16pm On Mar 07, 2021
THESE ARE THE HIGHLIFE LEGENDS. THEIR SECRETS ARE FROM THE WATERS。
Re: Osita Osadebe And Oliver De Coque: The Last Igbo Minstrels by Nobody: 6:16pm On Mar 07, 2021
thatigboman:
Op, u are talking of highlife.
What about the late traditional prime minister, Mezuo Pericoma Okoye from Arondizuogu?

That one is a native doctor not a musician..
Re: Osita Osadebe And Oliver De Coque: The Last Igbo Minstrels by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 6:22pm On Mar 07, 2021
millie04:
100% sure bet. 9ja game available

Payment after winning

Msg me on WhatsApp 0 7 0 8 5 7 9 9 3 5 4

You joined Nairaland just yesterday and you already planning of scamming people.... Get a life please because karma knows everyone's address
Re: Osita Osadebe And Oliver De Coque: The Last Igbo Minstrels by RICHSATAN: 6:22pm On Mar 07, 2021
flavor phyno are bigger
Re: Osita Osadebe And Oliver De Coque: The Last Igbo Minstrels by Ykc2(m): 6:23pm On Mar 07, 2021
ArrewaDrugGang:
when Oliver de coque sing a song about gombe even with awusa language then your papa sperm never even mature to impregnate a woman so mechie onu ,without oliver and osadebe touring every state in nigeria back then how do you think they will survive?people's club members are in every state in nigeria back then,jos is like igbo city then ,talk about electronics then you will remember ibeanu brothers
Re: Osita Osadebe And Oliver De Coque: The Last Igbo Minstrels by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 6:23pm On Mar 07, 2021
Osita leaves on
Re: Osita Osadebe And Oliver De Coque: The Last Igbo Minstrels by Branzy(m): 6:23pm On Mar 07, 2021
Bright chimeze is still there. Do research before posting

1 Like

Re: Osita Osadebe And Oliver De Coque: The Last Igbo Minstrels by OBALOLA55(m): 6:23pm On Mar 07, 2021
Juliusmalema:

MUSIC IS HARAM IN ISLAM
Re: Osita Osadebe And Oliver De Coque: The Last Igbo Minstrels by thatigboman: 6:23pm On Mar 07, 2021
Juliusmalema:

igbos have varities of music. And i love good igbo music anytime anyday.
I can play osadebe from today till 2moro, and then play oliver decoque all through. And Morocco and those owerri, highlife, kabaka and the rest.
But when i want to go spritual, as an Aro man, i play pericomo okoye all the way.
He is a legend, not a native doctor. He is late.

1 Like

Re: Osita Osadebe And Oliver De Coque: The Last Igbo Minstrels by Aboguede(m): 6:23pm On Mar 07, 2021
We igbos for ever love you great men of God

More from Anambra cool
Re: Osita Osadebe And Oliver De Coque: The Last Igbo Minstrels by clockwisereport: 6:25pm On Mar 07, 2021
Anigreat:
shocked

Lolgrin

I am laughing hard here because coincidentally i am jamming one of Oliva Decoque biggest hit "Identity"
now on my system , then i saw this post.

it's like you are a simple man by nature

1 Like

Re: Osita Osadebe And Oliver De Coque: The Last Igbo Minstrels by keypha1: 6:25pm On Mar 07, 2021
The two legend musician, has motivated many igbos to go and make money, and enjoy life.

1 Like

Re: Osita Osadebe And Oliver De Coque: The Last Igbo Minstrels by OBALOLA55(m): 6:25pm On Mar 07, 2021
Juliusmalema:

CHIEF PERICOMO OKOYE IS A MUSICIAN TOO

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fulani Siddika Sanusi Rides On Horse To Her Husband's House In Style / Benin Kingdom Vs Yoruba Race: Why Oba Of Benin Is Number One, By Odia Ofeimun / Some Interesting Nigerian Proverbs With Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.