Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,015 members, 7,912,842 topics. Date: Tuesday, 06 August 2024 at 02:22 PM

The Truth About Nigeria. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Truth About Nigeria. (637 Views)

Prophet Wale Olagunju 2019 Prophecies About Nigeria, Saraki, Buhari, Agbaje / CAN Rejects Benny Hinn Prophecy About Nigeria / Prophecy About Nigeria By Prophet Sadhu Sundar Selvaraj (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Truth About Nigeria. by oluade11: 5:28pm On Mar 07, 2021
Nigeria is a blessed country consisting of different ethnic groups, different cultures and lifestyle living together peacefully with respect for one another.

Sadly, the story has changed.

Nigeria is now a country full of chaos and bloodshed, kidnapping , ritualist, yahooyahoo, cultism and terrorism to mention a few.

The big question is how did a country full of religious people get to this point? A country where the naira was stronger once than the dollar but today, the dollar is equivalent to over Four hundred naira!! A country with high churches and mosques unequalled anywhere in the world. A country where people can empty account to give so much to God and godly projects but can hardly give to brothers, friends and neighbors in need!

How did we get to this point?

It is easy to pass blame. It is easy to say it is the President and I will do better given the opportunity!

I have heard it from everyone: civil servants, teachers, traders, politicians, professional, the youth, the old, the religious and non religious!
Everyone enjoys blaming the President especially.

Ironically, the governors blame the presidency as well, the senate blame the presidency, the judiciary blame the executive. We all enjoy blaming others. How have we fared in the little responsibility God has given us. At home, office, church, schools, market and so on. We sleep with people we are to protect, take bribes and so on.

On pondering very well, I discover that the problem of Nigeria is you and me and instead of viewing the country from the top down, we should view it down up.

Yes, rather than look at Nigeria from the President to the ordinary man on the street, we should see it from the ordinary man on the street to the President.

How do we expect to have a great, loving, kind and compassionate President, governors, Senators, Ministers, Pastors, Politicians, Imams when the ordinary man on the street does not have all these qualities.

Have we forgotten that these leaders are from the society. Yes, they are products of the society and are reflections of the ordinary man on the street and the society at large.

By ordinary man on the street, I mean you and I!

I mean the teachers, the civil servants, the lecturers, the traders, the farmers, the landlord, the tenants and so on.

The teachers sleep with the students under them for marks and promotion in primary and secondary. They failed guys for dating girls they like. The same teachers take their house chores to school and rather than teach the kids, they share it among students. They take students home to work for them, fetch when they are to be in school.

The primary and secondary teachers handed over to lecturers at the higher institutions and harassments continues.

You see a lecturer in the sixties who will soon retire sleeping with girls of sixteen, seventeen with threats of failing them if they don’t cooperate. The girls that refuses, will not be allowed to graduate.

I saw a girl after four years of graduating saying a course taught by an elderly Professor was holding her. The man said she should sleep with him or she will never graduate. The course was compulsory and this girl was a born again. She doesn’t use earrings and only plait her hair. The man refused to yield even four years after graduating. They demand for it as if it is their right.

I was shocked.

The same lecturers will tell students he need tyres for his car and will get it.

The gateman demand from you and if you don’t give, you may not enter but if you settle, you have free entry anytime.

The secretary and admin officers sit on your file till you settle. If you don’t, your file will disappear but if you do, it will move speedily.

At every stage you settle before getting what you want. You settle and pay people for doing the job they were employed to do.The President, Vice President and other leaders passed through this system and you expect them to be better than what we are seeing!! We are expecting too much.

Traders in the market curse themselves with all sort to sell a product and it is still a lie. If you are buying twelve things and you are not smart, they will remove one or two before giving it to you.The one selling rice will puncture the bag and remove some. The congos and other measurements will be dented at the sides to cheat buyers. If your fish is ten pieces and you are not smart, the trader will drop one or two and give you the rest. Same meat. There are those selling fake stuffs and those selling expired products.

The Pastors in the church sleep with church members and house wives. Drivers hike fares at rushing hours and harsh weather. The time people need them most, they will hike the fares. If you don’t have extra, they won’t pity you. Nobody is checking them. They move and leave you stranded. No pity. You may have to walk all the way home. The President and other leaders grew in the system as well. So what do you expect!

You give job to furniture and after months, it is either you go with police or military officer to get your job or you forget it. Bankers work with robbers and do frauds. Doctors and nurses are not left out. They sell babies, collect money from laboratories and direct patient there whether they need the test or not. The nurses are merciless and many have died due to their nonchallant attitude. The President and other leaders grew in this system and we expect them to be better than what we are seeing!!

At sites, the builders will steal everything possible if you don’t give close supervision. The mechanic will steal your fuel and use fake parts if you don’t sir with them. They don’t care that they may be endangering lives. The police, and other military and paramilitary use the uniform to make money and harass civilians. You sleep with someone’swife and still deal with the husband. You planted stuffs in people’s vehicles and arrest and torture them. Many have died for offences they never committed. The warder harass prisoners, rape the females, torture anyone they want which has lead to the death of many.

You pay to get license, national identification numbers and so on. Everyone collect bribes or tips to do the job they are employed to do. The contractor settle those that matters and abandon the project. Everyone is quiet.

It applies to every sector.

I remember what my dad used to tell us while growing up. He said he can never use dirty, corrupt and questionable money to raise his child because it will definitely backfire.

E le fi owo ekun ra oja erin. You can’t collect forcefully from someone and use it to raise kids. It must backfire. No wonder what we are experiencing today in the society.

The President, Vice-president, Governors, Senators, Pastors and Islamic Clerics grew up in the society like you and I.

Those that takes bribe, rape and steal with pen will now open mouth to condemn the President. Kettle calling pot black. Are you better than him? How did you manage the little responsibility God put in your care. Some guys are terror at home and office. They sleep with females under them, steal, collect tips and live big. They go to churches and mosques and give as if they are God fearing!

Today, the society is in a mess. Kidnapping, terrorism, yahooyahoo, corruption and all sort is everywhere and we are blaming the President.

The kids in Junior secondary schools are using venza and the society is celebrating them. Kids in primary and secondary are into cultism. Even the people learning vocation like mechanic, carpentry, welding are into cults.

Life has no value again.

People will sit on phones and laptops and empty the accounts of others. You make innocent people cry and you think God is asleep. You will reap what you sow. It may be now or later but you will reap it. They proceed to club and squander the money. Ohun ti a ko ba side fun, ki pe lowo eni. What you did not suffer for hardly last.

Everyone worship money.

We have forgotten that money is a good servant but a bad master. As master, money will send you to steal, kill, kidnap, scam, human trafficking, baby factories. Things you can’t imagine.

We need to stop been slaves to money. Be contented with the little you have, work hard and grow. That is the beauty of life. Pray and trust God, He will bless the work of your hand.

We all need to repent and change.

Nigeria needs healing.

We have spilled blood. Innocent bloods.
We need national repentance.

It is not going to church or mosques. We are too religious. I am talking about change of heart. I am saying be honest, stop kidnapping and terrorism, stop cultism and rituals, stop human trafficking and baby factories, embrace integrity, stop corruption, show kindness and love to all.

How can one person have jets and the people around you can hardly feed. Stop spreading poverty so people can continue worshipping you and serving you

Pastors, consecrate the altar. How can you be sleeping with church members, commiting abortions and still climbing altar.

We all need to fear God.

Some people will say we are too religious and the whites hardly go to church yet they are doing well. The white may not be going to church but they have good heart. Also, they are reaping what their god-fearing parents sow. We too are reaping what our fathers sow!!

We are religious but needs a change of heart. We need to show kindness, love and be our brothers and sisters keeper! We need to learn to give and share!

We need national repentance.

Individually, we need to change. From the west, to the south, east to the north. we need to repent and have a change of heart. We all need to fear God.

If I change, and you change. If the teacher and lecturers change. If the traders, bricklayers, doctors, nurses, mechanics all changes.

If the herbalist choose to use what the ancestors handed over to them to bless humanity and not empower thieves, assassins, yahooyahoo, politicians and so on.

God will have mercy and heal our land.

What does it profit a man to gain the whole world and lose his soul.

The devil tried tempting Jesus with the worldly riches. He said the houses, cars, girls, fame, position will be give Jesus if he bow and worship him but Jesus rebuked him and he ran. When the devil come to you to do evil to be rich, rebuke and resist him and he will flee. You are a child of God. You need to know your worth and who you are. All the above will not thrill you again.

There will be trials and hurdles to cross in life but those will soon be the story you share. The kids that is into all sorts and is using venza even in junior secondary school has no story. He can not come public and say this is what I did. Life is tough but we serve a God who has conquered the world.

We all need to stop passing blame and start taking responsibility.

Jesus said we should first remove the beam in our eyes before pointing at the speck in other people's eyes.

Jesus is standing at the door of your heart knocking, if you open your heart to Him, He will come in and dwell with you.

Why don’t you give your heart to Jesus.

Remember, he that rules your heart rules your life.

Why don’t you give your heart to Jesus and let Him rule.

Pray and tell Jesus to come into your heart and rule. Tell Him you are sorry.

The bible says all have sinned and come short of God’s glory. We have all sinned and we must all repent. There is none righteous, not one. All our righteousness are as filthy rag to God.

We all need to repent and take responsibility.

He said my yoke is easy and my burden is light.

Lastly, God wants you and I blessed but the right way.

Stop cutting corners and cheating.

Remember, the blessings of the Lord maketh rich and add no sorrow.

God will help us.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Truth About Nigeria. by Kingdomtruth: 8:17pm On Mar 07, 2021
Thanks a lot for this...God bless you

(1) (Reply)

See The Thread An NL Grace-preacher Made Which Justifies Adultery In Marriage / Be A Proud Freethinker/atheist, Publish Your Diverse Thoughts With Us At Uptowne / Jesus, The Wave Stopper.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.