Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,668 members, 7,968,927 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 03:15 PM

Apapa Port's New Look | After The Traffic Nightmare - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Apapa Port's New Look | After The Traffic Nightmare (1874 Views)

Fuel Price Hike: “let The Traffic Breathe,” Lagos Residents (video) / Buhari: Nigerians Can Look After Themselves When Infrastructure Is In Place / See Orji Kalu’s New Look After Undergoing Surgery In Germany (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Apapa Port's New Look | After The Traffic Nightmare by Litmus: 5:39pm On Mar 07, 2021
Re: Apapa Port's New Look | After The Traffic Nightmare by SLAP44: 5:40pm On Mar 07, 2021
So, we don't have any need for more ports in the country since this has been accomplished.
Re: Apapa Port's New Look | After The Traffic Nightmare by Omoluabi1stborn: 5:46pm On Mar 07, 2021
SLAP44:
So, we don't have any need for more ports in the country since this has been accomplished.

We need more ports so that Lagos can be decongested

After all, that's what you igbos wish, why changing mouth?

1 Like

Re: Apapa Port's New Look | After The Traffic Nightmare by Nobody: 5:54pm On Mar 07, 2021
How sustainable?
Re: Apapa Port's New Look | After The Traffic Nightmare by Aconomist: 6:04pm On Mar 07, 2021
Look at how dusty and run down Nigeria looks. Nation of dirty monkeys
Re: Apapa Port's New Look | After The Traffic Nightmare by Litmus: 6:12pm On Mar 07, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlelucxdcpQ

Video speech below. I used Audio to Text Speech: https://www.happyscribe.com/convert-mp3-to-text

smiley

Hi, when Apapa to see how the recent traffic, the congestion by the government is walking, we are currently driving along off road. This road leads straight to a paper port thanks to the government for waking up to their responsibilities. As you can see here, is devoid of traffic. Yes, free flow of traffic is unimaginable. A few days ago, here was completely gridlocked. You know, the Nigerian Ports Authority recently launched the electronic tropical system and in collaboration with the Lagos State Government, the congestion seems to be working.

As you can see, the road is, of course, no heavy container trucks can be seen here. Used to be impassable. He was a traffic nightmare. Many businesses suffered as a result of that, a lot of landlords lost many of their tenants because. People couldn't get into their offices if it takes hours for a business owner to get to his office. It becomes very difficult to it becomes a difficult task to maintain or retain the business around the area.

Simple commutes that should normally take 10 minutes took hours to complete the entire Apapa local economy suffered as a result of that, suffered because of the gridlock.

That's the spot ahead of us. Yes, by the left, that's the entrance trucks will be taking rides to see how Cricklewood looks like this is Cricklewood. Ruby, as you can see, it's amazing how he is very free, you know, like what he used to be.

This is what you get. These are the result of when people do their jobs, not sleeping on their jobs. And at the end of the day, they get paid, you know, so guys people in authority should wake up and do their jobs. And at a minimum, it's life for others. The question on everybody's lips is, why did it take so long to implement such a simple traffic management system, the entire Apapa local economy suffered because of this and a lot of talk about Lagos state economy at large, you know.

We know that the ultimate solution to this traffic gridlock in Apapa is common. Yes, that's the standard rail line which they've already linked up to Apapa Ports. When it becomes fully operational, most containers will be moved to inland terminals by rail. It's amazing to see how everywhere is free of heavy container trucks. Let's hope that businesses will return in this area. This is one part of the gridlock. Apapa gridlock, though, as you can see, it's working.

But what about Lincoln Island? We all know that from my two begger, Triniti and the hull of Lincoln is impassable. We'll try to find our way to Tinkham Island to see how the place looks like, if it is devoid of traffic or if it's the same thing. I'm getting to think and we'll be taking this route straight to the bridge. Yes, the Creek Road Bridge will now lead us to Tinker. Just hoping we can be able to pass there, as you can see by the left here, there are tankers, these tankers, they are not actually they don't actually cause more problems than the problem.

The traffic problems we experienced, people experienced around here, they were mainly caused by container trucks. These guys come here, lift all you they get some of them come here for petrol, gas, whatever it is that they are lifting, they lift them and find out where to leave. So. One more thing the government should be doing is to make sure that enforcing the law, if there isn't enforcement, strict enforcement people will always think that they can get away with a traffic offence.

Wow. This place. Are you sure this place is free?

Before Gillis Roy. Not sure if this bridge is free of traffic, because the way the. My son, I saw this is there are already trucks that are parked, are they just part or is it a gridlock? I don't think there's anything need this guy that that he's already trying to make it on wall. Let's go and find another way to link up to Tinkham. Look, let's try under the bridge, we already know that Liverpool Road is blocked off completely if you're coming from anywhere from the other side of Liverpool to this area, you cannot access under this bridge.

Let's try C, we can get an access.

And unfortunately, it is blocked off, too. Wow, this place looks like a war zone every everybody's blocking the streets of, you see a lot of places there's overhead poles that cannot allow big trucks to enter. These are the result of traffic congestion. Wow. Which other side can we take now? OK, let's try my ring road, my ring road also boasts on the junction. It connects to the under the bridge. So if we're going to take my ring route, you have to drive around on top of perjury.

Let's try that and see. It's unfortunate Marion Road is blocked. Wow. So the only way to link up, if you're not Papale, you want to go to Tinka, which is just a stone's throw from Apapa here. You want to go there, you have to go all the way through boundry.

Who won't want to miss? I have to go through Ajegunle in order to come out to the Apapa. Oh, that is so. It means the government should still come over here and make the same decision. Magic or what? What else should we call it that they found along the Apapa axis all the way to Lagos? Mean land, you know, whatever they did, even if it's the electronic system that they implemented here, let them do the same implementation and enforcement so that my team, the whole of that area team can Triniti and the whole area should be free of traffic so that businesses can get on with their lives.

People that are commuting commuters, we can get on with their lives.

grin
Re: Apapa Port's New Look | After The Traffic Nightmare by Ryda(m): 9:46pm On Mar 07, 2021
Let's give them 3 months to this time
Re: Apapa Port's New Look | After The Traffic Nightmare by Monogamy: 9:48pm On Mar 07, 2021
Nice one..

The decongestion is important this time
Re: Apapa Port's New Look | After The Traffic Nightmare by moremuch1(m): 11:39pm On Mar 07, 2021
long overdue

meanwhile
check my signature to mine for free a new Cryptocurrency that is about to be launched soon
Re: Apapa Port's New Look | After The Traffic Nightmare by Nigeriabiafra80: 11:41pm On Mar 07, 2021
Omoluabi1stborn:

We need more ports so that Lagos can be decongested

After all, that's what you igbos wish, why changing mouth?
But
What do you think is the solution to the decongestion of apapa port,
Since your hatred for igbos is thick
Re: Apapa Port's New Look | After The Traffic Nightmare by Ajanakuolakunle(m): 9:45pm On Mar 08, 2021
Containers are available for sale
Document are intact
Size: 40ft and 20ft respectively
Call: 07032715199, WhatsApp: 08130795013
Email: ajanakukings@gmail.com
Re: Apapa Port's New Look | After The Traffic Nightmare by Racoon(m): 11:17pm On Mar 08, 2021
Nice job done there by the FG/state task force.Now what is the government doing about relocation of the massive concentration of tank farms in the Apapa axis of the state.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians have rejected Buhari!!(graphic pics) / 2023: Abuja Now My Home, I’m Very Afraid Of Wike – Amaechi / BREAKING: 2023 Presidential Aspirant, Bola Tinubu Opens Up On Being Sick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.