Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,223 members, 7,910,315 topics. Date: Sunday, 04 August 2024 at 03:33 AM

Going To Turkey - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Going To Turkey (8915 Views)

Travelling To Turkey To Buy Clothes / Traveling To Turkey With E-visa / How Much Is A Return Ticket To Turkey From Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Going To Turkey by D328babe: 11:56am On Apr 12, 2011
Hello,

I am planning a visit to Turkey for commercial reasons as I am told it's a better source for Ladies clothing. Can anyone please advise on the particular areas to focus on ? And Decent Hotels near the main areas?
Thank you.
Re: Going To Turkey by wip4: 3:55pm On Apr 13, 2011
D328babe ,

Ok, that is a good one. Many people do buy from Istanbul cos its like Lagos in Nigeria but 2yrs ago that i decided to visit ADANA i discovered alot of secrets hmmm like things i do buy like own-label on Tshirt i manufactured in Istanbul at 10Usd goes for 7USD same quality and design at Adana and many other things. So i will prefer you to also visit Adana apart from Istanbul. I will like to know when you plan to visit Turkey and for how long you will stay? The hotel depends on your pocket in Adana you can find from 25USD upward and decent hotel near Taksim or grandbazar in Istanbul can also range from 30USD pa nite.

When am less busy and wen u tell me ur schedule i can give you some names of shops or manufacturer to make some choice, pls beware of pple planing to help you on arrival as some pose like holy pple but main aim is is to defraud you both Blacks and Whites,do not give your money out to anyone unless the main store you are buyin. got a bit busy pls but will try to drop some stuffs!
Re: Going To Turkey by OAM4J: 5:38pm On Apr 13, 2011
Good one wip4, yours is the kind of quality advice we need here.
Re: Going To Turkey by D328babe: 7:54pm On Apr 13, 2011
Wip4,

Thanks for the feedback, happy to discuss the specifics, would you email please d328babe@yahoo.com.

thanks again
Re: Going To Turkey by confluence: 7:49am On Apr 14, 2011
@wip4,
thanks for sharing the info with us,
Please look at this link, am equally interested in visiting turkey, kindly advise on what can one buy and resell here in nigeria
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-641974.0.html

catfishnigeria@yahoo.com
Re: Going To Turkey by wip4: 2:44pm On Apr 14, 2011
Thanks OAM4J kiss

@confluence,

First, you will need to do some research on your potential consumer, You will need to know what they like or what is moving in your area and is not easily accessible or is cheaper to get at Turkey but a bit expensive In Nigeria. Solving this Maths will give you idea on on what products you will buy.
Turkey is an industrialized nation where you can find everything you want. Turkey is one of the largest producer of textile material and also most major car companies have base in Turkey and you can find parts of automobiles in Turkey. The difference btwn Turkey and Dubai is that Turkey most of all these products are manufactured in Turkey but most of the products are export to Dubai by Chinese, Japanese, American companies due to Zero or less import duty.

To buy from Turkey you can Google some manufacturing units of the products you want and make inquiries with the company so you will have brief idea on what they sell and how you can ship it down etc. You can also visit Turkey to know more about the products and now is the right time cos there is SALES FAIR now at Istanbul that will end in 20days.

@D328babe

AM yet to know when you plan to travel to Turkey? anyway As i said in my previous post, clothing material is cheap at Adana very well cos of large textile manufacturing units and most produce from Adana and take to Istanbul to sell but that does not mean things are expensive in Istanbul. You being a first timer as i assumed, I will advise you to visit Istanbul first and if you do have time and money you can also visit Adana in this ur trip.

Turkey is a country that shares one part in Europe and Another part in Asia so most of these Manufacturing units are located at the extreme of both sides. You can find a cheaper products most mall but if you are considering selling and making good profits then you will need to check out this Manufacturing units but then you must be producing in large qty. Like some of the company can produce very quality women dresses, suits and jean for you. You can also brand your products which goes for extra charges.

For Example i do produce jean from Mavis a company located in Marmara in Turkey, they have very quality jean wears, NCS jeans etc and you can buy at cheaper rate.

I will advise you to visit Istanbul now cos there is SALES FAIR now that is 40days fair will end soon and you will meet alot of Manufacturer and buy at cheaper prices. You can also go to this place KADIKÖY- the ASIAN SIDE of Istanbul- OPTIMUM OUTLET SHOPPING CENTER. And also ZEYTİNBURNU- The EUROPEAN SIDE-OLIVIUM SHOPPING CENTER.

I tink my little piece will help you. Have a great shoppings!!!
Re: Going To Turkey by wip4: 6:16am On Apr 15, 2011
I have replied and posted some of the manufacturer name and address and also highlight some point for all to benefits but the robot kept deleting it after 3rd time i hav stopped. So that robot wont block me. @D328babe , will send to your email then since robot dont want all to benefit!
Re: Going To Turkey by OAM4J: 6:53am On Apr 15, 2011
@Wip4

Sorry the spam bot has not been kind with your post but its still on your post history, guess the spam bot consider it too long, so I break it into 2 for you

wip4:

Thanks OAM4J  kiss

@confluence,

First, you will need to do some research on your potential consumer, You will need to know what they like or what is moving in your area and is not easily accessible or is cheaper to get at Turkey but a bit expensive In Nigeria. Solving this Maths will give you idea on on what products you will buy.
Turkey is an industrialized nation where you can find everything you want. Turkey is one of the largest producer of textile material and also most major car companies have base in Turkey and you can find parts of automobiles in Turkey. The difference btwn Turkey and Dubai is that Turkey most of all these products are manufactured in Turkey but most of the products are export to Dubai by Chinese, Japanese, American companies due to Zero or less import duty.

To buy from Turkey you can Google some manufacturing units of the products you want and make inquiries with the company so you will have brief idea on what they sell and how you can ship it down etc. You can also visit Turkey to know more about the products and now is the right time cos there is SALES FAIR now at Istanbul that will end in 20days.

Re: Going To Turkey by wip4: 9:48am On Apr 15, 2011
OAM4J.

Thanks for the help. if you can help me re-post the other part for D328babe so she can read it too. My last post was 3 parts thanks for the 2parts.

It seems the Robot is your friend.
Re: Going To Turkey by OAM4J: 2:19pm On Apr 15, 2011
^^^Your whole post is now visible wink

Let's just say I know some people who know some people that know the people that know the robot cheesy

1 Like

Re: Going To Turkey by confluence: 9:36pm On Apr 15, 2011
@wip4.
thanks once again for sharing all these info with us.
I found this interesting as i have been browsing through one of the info you gave here.
http://www.olivium.com.tr/gb-stores.asp
please nairalanders , i hope shirts, shoes and jeans are not ban products in nigeria?
Re: Going To Turkey by suxes2005(m): 10:31pm On Apr 15, 2011
OAM4J:

^^^Your whole post is now visible wink

Let's just say I know some people who know some people that know the people that know the robot cheesy

Hmnnn so robot self get levels?

SHALOM
Re: Going To Turkey by wip4: 6:37am On Apr 16, 2011
OAM4J,

Thank you ooo and tank the Robot and the owner.

@confluence,

If you are buying cloth in large qties is BAN but a useable qty is not BAN but if you must beliv me i still wonder if there is any company in Nigeria producing these products for the masses, if your answer is NO then this product is imported into Nigeria. When you visit Turkey, there is a shipping line called Bayraktar, you will wonder how fleets of containers full of clothing material are being shipped down to Nigeria and how do they pass tru.

Also, Turkey has one of the best suit that is hot cake in Nigeria, you can also look at that angle. Also you can venture in any other business like car parts, consumables, electronics etc wish you luk !
Re: Going To Turkey by gentleasia(m): 9:01am On Apr 16, 2011
@WIP, I intend to travel to turkey soon, do you have any reliable agent in Nigeria who can help me secure a turkish visa, or better still can you help me arrange an invitation becos am coming to shop for my wedding which is coming up soon.
Re: Going To Turkey by wip4: 2:16pm On Apr 16, 2011
@gentleasia,

NO i dont have reliable agent in Nigeria to arrange the Turkish visa for you but i know the Turkish embassy in Nigeria. The embassy is located in Mataima Amzone street, Abuja and you can visit the website for info on how to secure your visa http://abuja.emb.mfa.gov.tr/, I wont be able to help you arrange the invitation letter, i think is better if you discuss with the company you want shop for your wedding for the invitation letter, they shud be able to give you one since your purpose of traveling to Turkey is business. Have a wonderful shoppings!
Re: Going To Turkey by confluence: 4:21pm On Apr 17, 2011
pls keep this thread alive other regular business travellers to turkey

1 Like

Re: Going To Turkey by wip4: 6:32am On Apr 18, 2011
@ ALL,

There is some changes with Turkish Visa now that makes it less difficult to obtain for business travelers or tourist .

VISA ON ARRIVAL

Nationals of Sub-Saharan Africa Countries meeting the following conditions can obtain Turkish visa on arrival:

- Must have a used Schengen, US or UK visa

(only one of them is sufficient)

- Must possess a round-trip ticket of Turkish Airlines

- Must have a passport valid for at least 6 months

- Purpose of the trip must be “business” or “tourism”

- Must have evidence of hotel reservation

- Must have sufficient amount of cash during his/her stay in Turkey (minimum of 50 US Dollars per day)

- Must not be restricted to enter EU Countries, UK, US and Turkey

Visa-on-arrival will be applied in İstanbul Atatürk Airport beginning from April 20, 2011.
Re: Going To Turkey by tEsLim(m): 9:14am On Apr 18, 2011
I think there is Istanbul shopping fest at the moment.
Re: Going To Turkey by newacca: 11:14am On Apr 18, 2011
@confluence and other,
You guyz are great. I am impressed and I feel like going to Turkey for my december holiday.
@Confluence,I was moved by the images on the website of the link you provided. The shopping mall is great.
I am thinking of going to Turkey for holiday one day. I need someone that could tell me about the scope of getting visa to turkey for holiday/shopping.
thx
Re: Going To Turkey by confluence: 5:55pm On Apr 26, 2011
wip4,
how far any other info, pls keep it coming
Re: Going To Turkey by shenbote01(m): 9:53am On Apr 27, 2011
pls am based in the united kingdom i would like to know the manufacturing shops in adana where i can buy cheap products please and are mobile phones or laptops cheaper in turkey.
Re: Going To Turkey by shenbote01(m): 6:46pm On May 13, 2011
can anyone help tell me the places to visit in ADANA BECAUSE I WILL be going in june to buy clothes and electronics
Re: Going To Turkey by shenbote01(m): 7:05pm On May 13, 2011
wip4,
I NEED TO SPEAK TO YOU OVER THE PHONE am based in the uk but am always frequent in amsterdam but can always go to turkey, so i need the names of shops to buy from in adana and also what other things can i buy from there that goes quick in nigeria for sale i dont even need a visa to go there hope to hear from you soon.
Re: Going To Turkey by abeforu(m): 12:09am On Oct 12, 2011
@wip4

Good day to you and all,
Are you still in Turkey. I will lie to get to you soon in Turkey. Can we meet?

@D328babe
were you able to visit Turkey and get some stuffs. As a 1st timer, how was the experience. thanks. May be I can send email to you.
Re: Going To Turkey by mimah: 3:51pm On Nov 17, 2011
D328babe and Abeforu ,Please can I get ur email addresses
Re: Going To Turkey by mrolododo: 1:26am On Jan 06, 2012
I will be going for my masters in February and i intend to do business while studying since i already a registered company and an office space here in Nigeria i believed i cant make it.

wip4 are still in turkey if yes i will need you help in settling down at Istanbul Aydin university.
Re: Going To Turkey by jonathanDogs: 11:19am On Nov 11, 2013
My name is jonathan
I am thinking of visiting turkey to seek manufacture for my clothing line designs, does any one know a gud factorywhere I can sew wedding gown, suits for men and women in large quantity with a gud price in turkey
pls contact me with useful information.
thanks
Re: Going To Turkey by henrimoto(m): 7:02pm On Nov 12, 2013
jonathan Dogs: My name is jonathan
I am thinking of visiting turkey to seek manufacture for my clothing line designs, does any one know a gud factorywhere I can sew wedding gown, suits for men and women in large quantity with a gud price in turkey
pls contact me with useful information.
thanks
Re: Going To Turkey by henrimoto(m): 7:05pm On Nov 12, 2013
wip4: @ ALL,

There is some changes with Turkish Visa now that makes it less difficult to obtain for business travelers or tourist .

VISA ON ARRIVAL

Nationals of Sub-Saharan Africa Countries meeting the following conditions can obtain Turkish visa on arrival:

- Must have a used Schengen, US or UK visa

(only one of them is sufficient)

- Must possess a round-trip ticket of Turkish Airlines

- Must have a passport valid for at least 6 months

- Purpose of the trip must be “business” or “tourism”

- Must have evidence of hotel reservation

- Must have sufficient amount of cash during his/her stay in Turkey (minimum of 50 US Dollars per day)

- Must not be restricted to enter EU Countries, UK, US and Turkey

Visa-on-arrival will be applied in İstanbul Atatürk Airport beginning from April 20, 2011.

Nna Mehnn..! na him be say turkey easy to enter naw. Umunna Oya Nuuu....

(1) (Reply)

4 Countries With The Easiest Visa Procedures For International Students / What Do I Say My Nationality Is? / Survival

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.