Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,177 members, 7,880,671 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 01:21 AM

A Snorkeler Discovered Bricks Of Cocaine Worth More Than $1.5 Million In Water - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / A Snorkeler Discovered Bricks Of Cocaine Worth More Than $1.5 Million In Water (2250 Views)

NDLEA: Falz Faults Burning Of Cocaine Worth N194bn / Nigerian Who Posed As Football Fan Nabbed At UK Airport With Cocaine ‘worth £80k / NDLEA Recovers Crack Cocaine Worth N193bn From Lagos Warehouse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Snorkeler Discovered Bricks Of Cocaine Worth More Than $1.5 Million In Water by Draslo(m): 9:23pm On Mar 07, 2021
A snorkeler discovered 25 bricks of cocaine in the water off the Florida Keys on Wednesday.

According to the Monroe County Sheriff's Office, an unidentified snorkeler found a 68-pound bale containing the bricks of cocaine near Craig Key and notified local authorities.

The sheriff's office then alerted the US Border Patrol. The bricks were valued at more than $1.5 million, the Monroe County Sheriff's Office said.

—Chief Patrol Agent Thomas G. Martin (@USBPChiefMIP) March 4, 2021

"On Wednesday, a Good Samaritan discovered 68 lbs. of cocaine valued at over 1.5 million dollars floating in the #FloridaKeys," US Border Patrol Agent Miami Sector, Thomas G. Martin, tweeted Thursday. "The individual noticed a large black bundle wrapped in tape & contacted local authorities. The bag contained 25 bricks of cocaine."

People have spotted cocaine bricks in the waters near the Keys before. In December, a fisherman found 74 pounds of cocaine bricks south of Sugarloaf Key, according to the Monroe County Sheriff's Office. The street value of the discovery was $1.2 million.

After Hurricane Dorian moved past Florida's east coast in September 2019, the massive waves pushed bricks of cocaine to two separate beaches before they were found by police, Insider's Lauren Frias previously reported.

Source https://www.insider.com/florida-keys-snorkeler-found-25-bricks-cocaine-authorities-say-2021-3

1 Share

Re: A Snorkeler Discovered Bricks Of Cocaine Worth More Than $1.5 Million In Water by GeneralPula: 9:32pm On Mar 07, 2021
Dang!!

Probably a lost cocaine..

Pablo Escobar was the first drug lord to start shipment of cocaine via under water..

3 Likes

Re: A Snorkeler Discovered Bricks Of Cocaine Worth More Than $1.5 Million In Water by OlayemiAshraf(m): 9:44pm On Mar 07, 2021
Damnnnn niggaa....

The original coke ...

1 Like

Re: A Snorkeler Discovered Bricks Of Cocaine Worth More Than $1.5 Million In Water by JaneYave(f): 10:14pm On Mar 07, 2021
Criminals with high IQ, combating them means constant up grading.

2 Likes

Re: A Snorkeler Discovered Bricks Of Cocaine Worth More Than $1.5 Million In Water by Draslo(m): 10:50pm On Mar 07, 2021
GeneralPula:
Dang!!

Probably a lost cocaine..

Pablo Escobar was the first drug lord to start shipment of cocaine via under water..
Who ever that consignment was entrusted to is probably dead. Him and all his loved ones.

2 Likes

Re: A Snorkeler Discovered Bricks Of Cocaine Worth More Than $1.5 Million In Water by ColdShank: 10:54pm On Mar 07, 2021
Dead Pablo Escobar is doing cocaine giveaway as dead Abacha is doing cash giveaway.

LEGENDS! grin

3 Likes

Re: A Snorkeler Discovered Bricks Of Cocaine Worth More Than $1.5 Million In Water by TheFacelessMan: 11:44pm On Mar 07, 2021
angry
Re: A Snorkeler Discovered Bricks Of Cocaine Worth More Than $1.5 Million In Water by moremuch1(m): 12:06am On Mar 08, 2021
I can imagine whoever was incharge of that consignment being heavily tortured somewhere or he is probably dead by now. Drug business is one of the most dangerous business ever, you can lose your life in an instant.

meanwhile
check my signature to mine for free a new Cryptocurrency that is about to be launched soon

2 Likes

Re: A Snorkeler Discovered Bricks Of Cocaine Worth More Than $1.5 Million In Water by kalu61(m): 12:56am On Mar 08, 2021
In maffians world, mistakes like this are not to be tolerated. The only way out is to die protecting the goods.

Anyways, good one from the American citizen. If it was NPL, they would have snapped the person and post it along side the goods to the world or arrest him even.

Somebody reading this news wished he or she was the one presented with this golden opportunity. Over 700m naira

2 Likes

Re: A Snorkeler Discovered Bricks Of Cocaine Worth More Than $1.5 Million In Water by theFilmtric: 1:25am On Mar 08, 2021
Re: A Snorkeler Discovered Bricks Of Cocaine Worth More Than $1.5 Million In Water by Bvlgari: 1:37am On Mar 08, 2021
wow...thats a lot...its better he is identifed as "an unidentified snorkeler" before the cartels go begin find am o hahaha

1 Like

Re: A Snorkeler Discovered Bricks Of Cocaine Worth More Than $1.5 Million In Water by Lyrics269: 4:35am On Mar 08, 2021
The drug lord may die of depression oo
Re: A Snorkeler Discovered Bricks Of Cocaine Worth More Than $1.5 Million In Water by chukskafor(m): 8:30am On Mar 08, 2021
kalu61:
In maffians world, mistakes like this are not to be tolerated. The only way out is to die protecting the goods.

Anyways, good one from the American citizen. If it was NPL, they would have snapped the person and post it along side the goods to the world or arrest him even.

Somebody reading this news wished he or she was the one presented with this golden opportunity. Over 700m naira
Bruv, I put it to you that you're the one wishing here.
My guy don sharpaly do the arithmetic

2 Likes

Re: A Snorkeler Discovered Bricks Of Cocaine Worth More Than $1.5 Million In Water by anonymuz(m): 9:23am On Mar 08, 2021
kalu61:

how you take know my mind grin

1 Like

Re: A Snorkeler Discovered Bricks Of Cocaine Worth More Than $1.5 Million In Water by Gadafii: 10:31am On Mar 08, 2021
if you have watched American made, you would know that this cocaine was a drop off at the wrong place cheesy

1 Like

Re: A Snorkeler Discovered Bricks Of Cocaine Worth More Than $1.5 Million In Water by ena5four(m): 2:23pm On Mar 08, 2021
If i mistakenly find this ehn, i swear, make i sha no talk grin coz NDLEA are watching and also reading comments.
Re: A Snorkeler Discovered Bricks Of Cocaine Worth More Than $1.5 Million In Water by RRodwave(m): 12:23am On Mar 09, 2021
Draslo:

Who ever that consignment was entrusted to is probably dead. Him and all his loved ones.

I swear
Re: A Snorkeler Discovered Bricks Of Cocaine Worth More Than $1.5 Million In Water by RRodwave(m): 12:25am On Mar 09, 2021
ena5four:
If i mistakenly find this ehn, i swear, make i sha no talk grin coz NDLEA are watching and also reading comments.

No implicate yourself

Re: A Snorkeler Discovered Bricks Of Cocaine Worth More Than $1.5 Million In Water by Cousin9999: 4:00am On Mar 09, 2021
If you ever find something like that, it's wise to not tell, and never go back to the area. You don't want to be identified as the person responsible for getting their c0ke seized. You also don't want to cross paths with tr4ffickers. If they don't harm you, they might force you to join them.

The right thing to do is tell, but it's not safe. Law enforcement can only protect you so much, and witness protection is not a life you want.

Law enforcement should be the ones exploring these types of areas. Civilians shouldn't be put in this position so often. Cops can't find everything, but they obviously need to explore alternative means of investigating. We have cheaper and better technology that can do this, e.g., underwater drones. They can even use remote water sampling devices to detect trace amounts of drugs.

(1) (Reply)

Man Cries Out As Fulani Herdsmen Cows Destroy Their Farms In Enugu State. / Save Nigerian Soldiers: Delete These Malicious Chinese Loan Apps / Tragic Death Of Jojo After YANSH SURGERY���

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.