Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,159 members, 7,890,927 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 01:40 AM

Ahmad Ahmad’s Ban Reduced To Two Years. Motsepe To Head CAF - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ahmad Ahmad’s Ban Reduced To Two Years. Motsepe To Head CAF (8055 Views)

AFCON: "Oil Too Full Ijaya Head" - CAF Hails Osimhen / Samson Siasia: Life-Ban Reduced To Five Years By Court Of Arbitration For Sport / Chelsea Transfer Ban Reduced After Appeal, Free To Sign Players In January (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ahmad Ahmad’s Ban Reduced To Two Years. Motsepe To Head CAF by fergie001: 4:22pm On Mar 08, 2021
The International body vested with the responsibility of settling disputes related to Sports through Arbitration, The Court of Arbitration for Sports (CAS), has all but ended the attempt at re-election of CAF President, Ahmad Ahmad.

The Malagasy who has been President of the Confederation of African Football (CAF) since March 17, 2017 was banned for five years by FIFA in November 2020 for financial misconduct.

The FIFA ethics committee found “Ahmad had breached his duty of loyalty, offered gifts and other benefits, mismanaged funds and abused his position as the CAF President.”

Ahmad, a former Government official in Madagascar, was also fined 200,000 Swiss francs ($220,000).

Ahmad’s first four-year term was clouded with allegations of financial wrongdoing and misconduct at the Confederation of African Football headquarters in Cairo.

He was detained by French authorities in Paris on the eve of the Women’s World Cup for questioning about a CAF equipment deal with a company that appeared to have little connection with soccer.

“The investigation into Mr. Ahmad’s conduct in his position as CAF President during the period from 2017 to 2019 concerned various CAF-related governance issues, including the organization and financing of an Umrah pilgrimage to Mecca, his involvement in CAF’s dealings with the sports equipment company Tactical Steel and other activities,” FIFA said in a statement.

The 61-year-old Malagasy, however, appealed FIFA’s decision at CAS, which issued a preliminary ruling in January 2021, reinstating him as President of the Confederation of African Football (CAF), albeit on a temporary basis.

In the absence of Ahmad, Mr. Constant Selemani Omari had been President on-the-interim.

The Congolese, Selemani was also barred from contesting in the March 12 elections, as he is also under investigation by FIFA's Ethics Committee, who are probing both his role, and that of Ahmad's, in a decision to amend a billion-dollar TV contract.

The Court of Arbitration for Sports (CAS) has reduced Ahmad Ahmad’s FIFA ban from five years to two years following his appeal on Monday.

The CAF President has also be fined 50 000 Swiss francs

SOURCE

This leaves South African businessman and Mamelodi Sundowns boss, Patrice Motsepe as the only Presidential candidate, set to be elected unopposed on March 12, after the three other candidates; Senegalese Emmanuel Senghor, Ivoirien Jacques Anouma and Mauritanian Ahmed Yahya withdrew from the race.

*Pic 1: Ahmad
*Pic 2: Motsepe

4 Likes

Re: Ahmad Ahmad’s Ban Reduced To Two Years. Motsepe To Head CAF by anuoluwapo884(m): 4:24pm On Mar 08, 2021
Really was he not guilty embarassed
Re: Ahmad Ahmad’s Ban Reduced To Two Years. Motsepe To Head CAF by Righteousness2(m): 4:34pm On Mar 08, 2021
Is this not the owner of Mamelodi Sundowns of South Africa ?

1 Like

Re: Ahmad Ahmad’s Ban Reduced To Two Years. Motsepe To Head CAF by fergie001: 4:36pm On Mar 08, 2021
Righteousness2:
Ahhhhh.....Pastor, you are a football enthusiast as well?

Hallelujah...It is well.....

5 Likes

Re: Ahmad Ahmad’s Ban Reduced To Two Years. Motsepe To Head CAF by obasi101(m): 4:53pm On Mar 08, 2021
grin
Re: Ahmad Ahmad’s Ban Reduced To Two Years. Motsepe To Head CAF by Queenlovely(f): 4:54pm On Mar 08, 2021
Have you noticed that, your desires are insatiable, money itself will not cure your problems
Re: Ahmad Ahmad’s Ban Reduced To Two Years. Motsepe To Head CAF by Authoreety: 4:54pm On Mar 08, 2021
NOMB
Re: Ahmad Ahmad’s Ban Reduced To Two Years. Motsepe To Head CAF by NaijaFutbol: 4:55pm On Mar 08, 2021
How would someone be named “I’m mad, I’m mad”?

1 Like

Re: Ahmad Ahmad’s Ban Reduced To Two Years. Motsepe To Head CAF by bigdammyj: 4:55pm On Mar 08, 2021
Noted
Re: Ahmad Ahmad’s Ban Reduced To Two Years. Motsepe To Head CAF by Nobody: 4:55pm On Mar 08, 2021
angry

Re: Ahmad Ahmad’s Ban Reduced To Two Years. Motsepe To Head CAF by GreaterFuture(m): 4:55pm On Mar 08, 2021
Okay
Re: Ahmad Ahmad’s Ban Reduced To Two Years. Motsepe To Head CAF by saheedbadmus(m): 4:56pm On Mar 08, 2021
Aiit na
Re: Ahmad Ahmad’s Ban Reduced To Two Years. Motsepe To Head CAF by Faber(m): 4:59pm On Mar 08, 2021
Amaju Pinnick help Ahmad Ahmad become CAF president...

Pinnick spearheaded the campaign against Isa Hayatou of Cameroon who want turn CAF to What Tinubu turned Lagos.

Ahmad Ahmad paid Amaju Pinnick back, by removing him as one of the Vice-presidents of CAF. Little did he know that Warri no dey carry last...

Amaju and co don strike Ahmad through FIFA. Ahmad Ahmad is not coming back. He should go home and next time he should learn not to fvck with Warri brought up.

Ahmad will pay a fine of 20 million naira which is 200million Madagascar Ariary...serves him right.

8 Likes

Re: Ahmad Ahmad’s Ban Reduced To Two Years. Motsepe To Head CAF by Kapeter(m): 5:00pm On Mar 08, 2021
Congratulations to Mamelodi Sundown. They can't prolly do no wrong in CAFs eye pending.
Re: Ahmad Ahmad’s Ban Reduced To Two Years. Motsepe To Head CAF by Chioma1989: 5:00pm On Mar 08, 2021
South African will do a good job. They run sports better. That's why their league is beautiful and entertaining. Pinick should not even try to contest. He would just fall like the Ahmad guy. Corruption will bring him down. He may not even last up to Ahmad.

5 Likes

Re: Ahmad Ahmad’s Ban Reduced To Two Years. Motsepe To Head CAF by Lamasta(m): 5:00pm On Mar 08, 2021
Righteousness2 no wan carry last grin
fergie001:

Ahhhhh.....Pastor, you are a football enthusiast as well?

Hallelujah...It is well.....

Ahmad Ahmad just came to CAF to disgrace himself and his country am sure it will take miracle for any other madagascar person to clinch that CAF seat again
Re: Ahmad Ahmad’s Ban Reduced To Two Years. Motsepe To Head CAF by Lamasta(m): 5:01pm On Mar 08, 2021
Righteousness2:

Ma nigga MOG

2 Likes

Re: Ahmad Ahmad’s Ban Reduced To Two Years. Motsepe To Head CAF by Ladiesdoctor(m): 5:05pm On Mar 08, 2021
Serves him right.

I hope say he no dey among the people that plotted against Pinnick or Amos Adamu?

If yes, make dem commot am sharply sharply

I hate nonsense
Re: Ahmad Ahmad’s Ban Reduced To Two Years. Motsepe To Head CAF by fergie001: 5:11pm On Mar 08, 2021
Lamasta:
Righteousness2 no wan carry last grin

Ahmad Ahmad just came to CAF to disgrace himself and his country am sure it will take miracle for any other madagascar person to clinch that CAF seat again
Something others have been stealing before.....use sense and steal your own no way......mtchew.

Righteousness2 dey everywhere grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ahmad Ahmad’s Ban Reduced To Two Years. Motsepe To Head CAF by Bampeh: 5:12pm On Mar 08, 2021
You may hate soccer If what goes on behind the scene is exposed.

Bampeh knows their secret.
Re: Ahmad Ahmad’s Ban Reduced To Two Years. Motsepe To Head CAF by Lamasta(m): 5:14pm On Mar 08, 2021
fergie001:

Something others have been stealing before.....use sense and steal your own no way......mtchew.

Na all round evangelism baba dey do now
Re: Ahmad Ahmad’s Ban Reduced To Two Years. Motsepe To Head CAF by garfield1: 5:16pm On Mar 08, 2021
fergie001:

I wonder why amaju pinnick or Felix anyansi didn't contest for the post
Re: Ahmad Ahmad’s Ban Reduced To Two Years. Motsepe To Head CAF by fergie001: 5:20pm On Mar 08, 2021
garfield1:

I wonder why amaju pinnick or Felix anyansi didn't contest for the post
Serious money is involved oooo..... Motsepe is a billionaire.

Pinnick is running for a FIFA Exco seat.
Re: Ahmad Ahmad’s Ban Reduced To Two Years. Motsepe To Head CAF by fergie001: 5:20pm On Mar 08, 2021
Lamasta:

Na all round evangelism baba dey do now
I tell you grin
Re: Ahmad Ahmad’s Ban Reduced To Two Years. Motsepe To Head CAF by garfield1: 5:22pm On Mar 08, 2021
fergie001:

Serious money is involved oooo..... Motsepe is a billionaire.

Pinnick is running for a FIFA Exco seat.

Pinnick may just be the third man to get it after the great etubom oyo orok oyo and infamous Amos adamu.Felix has the money to go for caf.ouk will definitely back him...

You haven't answered me on hon uzo azubuike
Re: Ahmad Ahmad’s Ban Reduced To Two Years. Motsepe To Head CAF by KenModi(m): 5:24pm On Mar 08, 2021
Africans get everything right except good leadership; two things we find difficult to resist....the temptation to hold on to power even after expiration of a political tenure and the financial temptation coming from access to huge amount of funds.

No wonder corruption and/or dictatorship reigns supreme in every single African country.

Ordinary CAF presidency this one has messed up with countless number of controversies of all manners and sorts.
Re: Ahmad Ahmad’s Ban Reduced To Two Years. Motsepe To Head CAF by fergie001: 5:38pm On Mar 08, 2021
garfield1:

Pinnick may just be the third man to get it after the great etubom oyo orok oyo and infamous Amos adamu.Felix has the money to go for caf.ouk will definitely back him...
Adamu was disgraced out of there. Hopefully, Pinnick will get it.

You haven't answered me on hon Uzo Azubuike
I can't tell, maybe until tomorrow...but Ngwa Bloc is the only leverage that the PDP has. Prestige is even a magician to have held sway.

I don't see Mascot winning....infact an election now in Umuahia is more open. I went round my LGA last week...and everyone is tilting APC oooo, for real.

They don't just like Buhari but have no problem with the Party.

An election done in Umuahia rn will be more open than that in Ngwa.

Mascot? Naaaaaaaaaaaa

1 Like

Re: Ahmad Ahmad’s Ban Reduced To Two Years. Motsepe To Head CAF by garfield1: 6:36pm On Mar 08, 2021
fergie001:

Adamu was disgraced out of there. Hopefully, Pinnick will get it.

I can't tell, maybe until tomorrow...but Ngwa Bloc is the only leverage that the PDP has. Prestige is even a magician to have held sway.

I don't see Mascot winning....infact an election now in Umuahia is more open. I went round my LGA last week...and everyone is tilting APC oooo, for real.

They don't just like Buhari but have no problem with the Party.

An election done in Umuahia rn will be more open than that in Ngwa.

Mascot? Naaaaaaaaaaaa

But you know majority of aba electorates are non indigenes and the fact that no aba indigene has ever gone to reps shows how liberal and open they are.they even voted against abaribe
Re: Ahmad Ahmad’s Ban Reduced To Two Years. Motsepe To Head CAF by fergie001: 6:54pm On Mar 08, 2021
garfield1:
But you know majority of aba electorates are non indigenes and the fact that no aba indigene has ever gone to reps shows how liberal and open they are.they even voted against Abaribe
That is not in dispute......

How many people can really say they are from Aba North or Aba South LGA?

Are non-indigenes not also in Osisioma, that is close by?

Voting against Abaribe isn't a yardstick, because if elections were fair and free....Abians will vote out from the least to the head, nobody exempted.

The Kalus and Orjis in Abia State politics is what people are angling to do away with.....It is forward and not backwards please.
Re: Ahmad Ahmad’s Ban Reduced To Two Years. Motsepe To Head CAF by garfield1: 6:59pm On Mar 08, 2021
fergie001:

That is not in dispute......

How many people can really say they are from Aba North or Aba South LGA?

Are non-indigenes not also in Osisioma, that is close by?

Voting against Abaribe isn't a yardstick, because if elections were fair and free....Abians will vote out from the least to the head, nobody exempted.

The Kalus and Orjis in Abia State politics is what people are angling to do away with.....It is forward and not backwards please.

People can't do away with kalu for now.its only orjis and ikpeazu you can deal with using kalu.once kalu enthrones otti,he will in turn dethrone the ouks.simple

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

See The Alleged '23-year-old' Ghanaian Footballer Signed By Orlando Pirate / Chelsea's Davide Zappacosta Set To Join Roma On Season-long Loan / NFF Releases Super Falcons Team List For WAFCON Qualifier Against Cape Verde.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.