Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,780 members, 7,875,937 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 03:34 AM

Channels Tv Update: Ngige Declared Winner Of Anambra Central Senatorial Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Channels Tv Update: Ngige Declared Winner Of Anambra Central Senatorial Election (1109 Views)

Peter Obi's Anambra-Central Senatorial Campaign Poster (picture) / Osita Chidoka Set To Emerge Pdp’s Anambra Central Senatorial Candidate / Uche Ekwunife Affirmed The Winner Of Anambra Central Senatorial District (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Channels Tv Update: Ngige Declared Winner Of Anambra Central Senatorial Election by Tanwinjin(m): 3:43pm On Apr 12, 2011
I am surprised this has yet to be reported on Nairaland:

Ngige Wins Anambra Central Senatorial election

The returning officer for Anambra Central Senatorial District, Alex Anene has declared the Action Congress of Nigeria Candidate [ACN], Dr. Chris Ngige as winner of the elections.

Mr. Anene returned to declare Dr. Ngige the winner after initially going underground because of what he claimed as threats to his life by officials of the state government and the All Progressive Grand Alliance [APGA], after his refusal to declare their candidate, Prof. Dora Akunyili as winner.

He also claimed to have turned down bribes of money and property offered by the party.

In a press statement, Anene said "I have dutifully collated the results of the election from Forms EC8C. In instances where Form EC8C is unavailable as in Njikoka LGA, I have resorted to computing the votes from Form EC 8B and in some cases from Form EC 8A. I have painstakingly done these to arrive at the numbers which I have entered in the Form EC 8D and finally into EC 8E.

"I note that in presenting Forms EC 8C to me, none of the Collation Officers had any INEC Form EC 40G (1) which is the authorization form for canceling any result. Since none was shown or given to me, I did not cancel any result.

"Nevertheless, I have computed and verified these numbers and have also duly entered them on the Form EC 8D which is the Senatorial District Election Form.

In compliance with step 4 of the Independent National Electoral Commission Manual for Senatorial Election, this is the result of the votes obtained by the candidates of the different political parties".
The result as read by the returning officer for the Anambra Senatorial district is:

Accord Party- 20,847 votes
ACN- 68,208votes
ADC-1,861 votes
ALP- 927 votes
ANPP-1,106 votes
APGA- 68,164 votes
CDC-422 votes
CPC-1,081 votes
LP- 395 votes
NDP-115 votes
PDP-18,176 votes
PPA- 370 votes

He debunked rumours of result cancellation saying no election was nullified in any of the wards because he alone had the official cancellation forms.

http://channelstv.com/global/news_details.php?nid=26653&cat=Election%20News

(1) (Reply)

Tinubu Doesnt Own Airline / Inec Decides On Imo Guber- Election Tomorrow / Nigeria's Boko Haram: Al-qaeda's New Friend In Africa?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.