Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,404 members, 7,881,470 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 08:34 PM

Serious Blood In My Stool, Please Help - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Serious Blood In My Stool, Please Help (29837 Views)

My Stool Is Hard And Difficult To Pass Out. What Do I Do Please? / My Brother Sees Blood In His Saliva Whenever He Spits / Blood In Semen, Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Serious Blood In My Stool, Please Help by flokii: 12:07pm On Mar 10, 2021
@OP For one to pass out blood with stool, something is wrong with the digestive tract or colon.

Watch what you eat and make sure you take lots of fruits and vegetables with enough water in your diet to soften your stool. Attimes hard stool can cause tear in the anus that bleeds, at times piles or hemorrhoid can cause it and in worse case scenario, it might be as a result of colon cancer.

At this stage, you must reduce your alcohol, sugar, pounded yam, rice and other starch intake and visit the hospital for proper checkup.

1 Like

Re: Serious Blood In My Stool, Please Help by tempusfugit: 12:09pm On Mar 10, 2021
Am very sure about it, one of the reason is good to eat food that contains alot fiber, attually op didn't describe the situation properly, two things to put into consideration, if the blood is among or mixed with feces then it might not be hemorrhoid but if the blood normally comes out towards the end of the process then 90 percent that's hemorrhoid
Kinematics:

Like seriously?

Are you sure you know what hemorrhoid aka pile is?

1 Like

Re: Serious Blood In My Stool, Please Help by guy222: 12:12pm On Mar 10, 2021
post=99763132:
This is called hemorrhoid or Rectal bleeding.
It is definitely not peculiar to you alone.
To start with,
Drink more water,
eat more fruits and fiber, and avoid straining while in the rest room.
You can also Soak your anal area in plain warm water for 10 to 15 minutes two to three times a day.
You can also get some over-the-counter hemorrhoid creams at the pharmacy/chemist around you.

And most importantly
Go and see a Doctor,
They will usually give you suppository containing hydrocortisone.
This is very very important.
All the very best from us to you.
Even don turn doctor. Una ooh.
Re: Serious Blood In My Stool, Please Help by Arizonaz: 12:12pm On Mar 10, 2021
Firstly avoid any food that is very hard to digest like Fufu and Bread. You can eat eba that's not strong. Let it be soft and drink enough water and eat fruits. It will heal with time but I advise that you should avoid food that hard but whenever you make that mistake, drink enough water to ease the digestive system.
Re: Serious Blood In My Stool, Please Help by mariahAngel(f): 12:13pm On Mar 10, 2021
edo3:
For some days now, I have noticed my stool to be with watery blood. Please nairalanders help me with advise..

Stop eating bread and every other sugary stuffs. Including soft drinks.

Chew two bitter kolas per day, every day. One in the day time, and one at night.
Eat foods that are rich in fiber. Like beans, green vegetables...
Drink enough water.

1 Like

Re: Serious Blood In My Stool, Please Help by Kinematics: 12:13pm On Mar 10, 2021
tempusfugit:
Am very sure about it, one of the reason is good to eat food that contains alot fiber

Well you are not completely informed. No, sugar and the other thing you mentioned is not the cause of Hemorroid. They can only make a hemorrhoid worse, but they don't cause it.

Hemorrhoids can develop from increased pressure in the lower rectum due to: Straining during bowel movements. Sitting for long periods of time on the toilet. Having chronic diarrhea or constipation. Being obese. Being pregnant. Having anal intercourse. Eating a low-fiber diet. Regular heavy lifting.

1 Like

Re: Serious Blood In My Stool, Please Help by itu404(m): 12:13pm On Mar 10, 2021
Go consult the doctor! stop toying with your life, seeking advice where you could go to your early grave!
Re: Serious Blood In My Stool, Please Help by profndu(m): 12:15pm On Mar 10, 2021
First, it can't be occult blood as it can be seen. Many things can cause it.
1. Sexual transmitted disease (gonorrhea, syphilis etc)
2. Pile
3. Colon cancer
4. Constipation
5. Dysentery
6. Food poison

If you have abdominal pain know that it can't escape No. 1. Go to hospital for proper treatment.
Re: Serious Blood In My Stool, Please Help by Kinematics: 12:17pm On Mar 10, 2021
profndu:
First, it can't be occult blood as it can be seen. Many things can cause it.
1. Sexual transmitted disease (gonorrhea, syphilis etc)
2. Pile
3. Colon cancer
4. Constipation
5. Dysentery
6. Food poison

If you have abdominal pain know that it can't escape No. 1. Go to hospital for proper treatment.

Haaaa, na wah oo, so bleeding Peptic Ulcer cannot cause abdominal pain with melena stool and or hematochezia?

Yes it can escape your number 1.
Re: Serious Blood In My Stool, Please Help by Moreoffaith(m): 12:18pm On Mar 10, 2021
edo3:
yes sir,,a lot of alcohol sir

Hmmmm, if you love yourself stop taking alcohol, you have very serious stomach ulcer if you don't stop taking alcohol you may end it so soon.

Visit your doctor for proper treatment.

STOP ALCOHOL !
Re: Serious Blood In My Stool, Please Help by Tvoice: 12:18pm On Mar 10, 2021
bigjackass:
most of you are very proud of your ignorance. Fecal occult blood test is a real medical test used to check blood in the stool

Most of them here knows nothing, all they know is to type trash , so ignore thier ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Serious Blood In My Stool, Please Help by Kingzola4life(m): 12:19pm On Mar 10, 2021
edo3:
For some days now, I have noticed my stool to be with watery blood. Please nairalanders help me with advise..
That is internal pile. Most dangerous pile that destroy human mechanism silently. Look for a good traditional herbal doctor. It once happened to my dad. After all spending in the hospital without solution, we were introduced to a herbal doctor. He was treated perfectly

1 Like

Re: Serious Blood In My Stool, Please Help by Shampoo77: 12:25pm On Mar 10, 2021
edo3:

possibly stomach ulcer.
Re: Serious Blood In My Stool, Please Help by Bellotelli: 12:25pm On Mar 10, 2021
edo3:
I've had similar experience of recent and mine is caused by pile... just check in any pharmacy and buy Daflon and Amoxilin. Both shouldnt cost more than 5k.
Re: Serious Blood In My Stool, Please Help by Brushstrokes20: 12:39pm On Mar 10, 2021
If you take concentrated bournvita, stop it asap!

That's what led to mine years ago.
Re: Serious Blood In My Stool, Please Help by Nobody: 12:40pm On Mar 10, 2021
@edo3, I would only advise you avoid starchy food for now while you visit the elewe-omo. If you don't take necessary actions now, it might result to hemorrhoid. That was how mine started during childhood
Re: Serious Blood In My Stool, Please Help by Nobody: 12:42pm On Mar 10, 2021
edo3:

Your diet recently is poor, too much snacks and bread and Soft drink ().

Ok for a start, use Flagyl, it is an antibiotic that is used to treat a wide variety of infections.

Then start eating fibre, like Semo, Tuwo, Amala, Iyan, Eba, with Vegetable soup

Thereafter thank
Re: Serious Blood In My Stool, Please Help by codedly: 12:49pm On Mar 10, 2021
Why not use double stem cell.its curative 08033232257
Re: Serious Blood In My Stool, Please Help by Akansp: 12:53pm On Mar 10, 2021
Go see your doctor its ohrsa
Re: Serious Blood In My Stool, Please Help by Waper2(m): 1:09pm On Mar 10, 2021
edo3:
I sense ulcers, I had the problem sometime age, I treated ulcer and it was gone, stop alcohol especially spirit, see your doctor.
Re: Serious Blood In My Stool, Please Help by DedeNkem: 1:13pm On Mar 10, 2021
edo3:

Causes of Blood in Stool
Blood in stool means there is bleeding somewhere in your digestive tract. Sometimes the amount of blood is so small that it can only be detected by a fecal occult test (which checks for hidden blood in the stool). At other times it may visible on toilet tissue or in the toilet after a bowel movement as bright red blood. Bleeding that happens higher up in the digestive tract may make stool appear black and tarry.

[b]Possible causes of blood in stool include:[/d]

Diverticular disease -- Diverticula are small pouches that project from the colon wall. Usually diverticula don't cause problems, but sometimes they can bleed or become infected.

Anal fissure -- A small cut or tear in the tissue lining the anus similar to the cracks that occur in chapped lips or a paper cut. Fissures are often caused by passing a large, hard stool and can be painful.

Colitis -- Inflammation of the colon. Among the more common causes are infections or inflammatory bowel disease.

Angiodysplasia -- A condition in which fragile, abnormal blood vessels lead to bleeding.

Peptic ulcers -- An open sore in the lining of the stomach or duodenum, the upper end of the small intestine. Many peptic ulcers are caused by infection with a bacterium called Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori). Long-term use or high doses of anti-inflammatory drugs such as aspirin, ibuprofen, and naproxen can also cause ulcers.

Polyps or cancer -- Polyps are benign growths that can grow, bleed, and could become cancerous. Colorectal cancer is the fourth most common cancer in the U.S. It often causes bleeding that is not noticeable with the naked eye.

Esophageal problems -- Varicose veins of the esophagus or tears in the esophagus can lead to severe blood loss.

Please consult a doctor and go for a test to determine the actual problem!
Re: Serious Blood In My Stool, Please Help by Posts: 1:21pm On Mar 10, 2021
edo3:
avoid self medication and go to the hospital for quick check up. hopefully it's not ebola
Re: Serious Blood In My Stool, Please Help by DedeNkem: 1:23pm On Mar 10, 2021
edo3:

Causes of Blood in Stool
Blood in stool means there is bleeding somewhere in your digestive tract. Sometimes the amount of blood is so small that it can only be detected by a fecal occult test (which checks for hidden blood in the stool). At other times it may visible on toilet tissue or in the toilet after a bowel movement as bright red blood. Bleeding that happens higher up in the digestive tract may make stool appear black and tarry.

Possible causes of blood in stool include:

Diverticular disease -- Diverticula are small pouches that project from the colon wall. Usually diverticula don't cause problems, but sometimes they can bleed or become infected.

Anal fissure -- A small cut or tear in the tissue lining the anus similar to the cracks that occur in chapped lips or a paper cut. Fissures are often caused by passing a large, hard stool and can be painful.

Colitis -- Inflammation of the colon. Among the more common causes are infections or inflammatory bowel disease.

Angiodysplasia -- A condition in which fragile, abnormal blood vessels lead to bleeding.

Peptic ulcers -- An open sore in the lining of the stomach or duodenum, the upper end of the small intestine. Many peptic ulcers are caused by infection with a bacterium called Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori). Long-term use or high doses of anti-inflammatory drugs such as aspirin, ibuprofen, and naproxen can also cause ulcers.

Polyps or cancer -- Polyps are benign growths that can grow, bleed, and could become cancerous. Colorectal cancer is the fourth most common cancer in the U.S. It often causes bleeding that is not noticeable with the naked eye.

Esophageal problems -- Varicose veins of the esophagus or tears in the esophagus can lead to severe blood loss.

Please consult a doctor and go for a test to determine the actual problem!
Re: Serious Blood In My Stool, Please Help by Speterz: 1:26pm On Mar 10, 2021
It's hemorrhoids sir, also known as jedi jedi. Do more of fruits and Fibre. You will be fine.
Re: Serious Blood In My Stool, Please Help by damosh360(m): 1:28pm On Mar 10, 2021
[quote author=edo3 post=99754870]
I understand yr plights I was once in yr shoes.
I had that experience few yrs bk in my 200l in the uni. its a renal dysfunction which comes along with chronic stomach ache after which u ll be pressed to visit the restroom the end result is usually a mixture of faceces and large amount of blood inform of water. I visited the health center in my skul bk den and the physician prescribed a drug for me which I got from the clinic. the doctors report was that I ate a contaminated food which resulted in the renal malfunctioning. my advise is that u shud see a doc ASAP cos the loss of blood could lead to loss of weight and could result into more complicated issues. dont panic bt see a doc asap
u re healed in Jesus name.
Re: Serious Blood In My Stool, Please Help by femmyAdagba(m): 1:31pm On Mar 10, 2021
i have a product for you, it costs N25,000. its from a reputable international company. kindly contact me and thank me later
Re: Serious Blood In My Stool, Please Help by Zionman24: 1:54pm On Mar 10, 2021
Go see a Doctor, enlarged Prostate might in the long run result to cancer. Go see a Doctor now.
Re: Serious Blood In My Stool, Please Help by DeRay98(m): 1:57pm On Mar 10, 2021
[quote author=edo3 post=99754870]For some days now, I have noticed my stool to be with watery blood. Please nairalanders help me with advise..[
So, Nairaland is now a hospital abi?
Re: Serious Blood In My Stool, Please Help by MrCaesar: 1:59pm On Mar 10, 2021
peptic ulcer

1 Like

Re: Serious Blood In My Stool, Please Help by Chuksyno(m): 2:00pm On Mar 10, 2021
eyinjuege:

What is the point of an occult blood test when he can see the blood in his stool already?
It will only tell him he has blood in the stool which he already knows, because it is visible
occult blood test isn't necessarily taken to know if there's blood in the stool alone but equally to know the underlying cause of the blood in the stool.
Re: Serious Blood In My Stool, Please Help by Chuksyno(m): 2:02pm On Mar 10, 2021
Razeed:
That should be chronic ulcer. See a doctor please�
you nailed it.
Re: Serious Blood In My Stool, Please Help by Oyiboman69: 2:09pm On Mar 10, 2021
edo3:
avoid eating sugary stuff,especially before going to bed. Take one (fulcin tablet,one doxycycline capsule twice daily and after that,rub your under including your anus to your scrotum sack with adult tribotan tube...complete the process for five days...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

304 New COVID-19 Cases, 221 Discharged And 5 Deaths On August 2 - (1,441 Tested) / Ebola Latest: US Rejects Nigeria’s Request For Trial Drug / How Nigerian Doctors Worsened Drug Abuse Among Nigerian Youths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.