Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,149 members, 7,963,762 topics. Date: Tuesday, 01 October 2024 at 06:17 PM

Where Are The Megawatts? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Where Are The Megawatts? (486 Views)

Electricity Generation Rises Again To 4,656 Megawatts / Power Generation Drops To 2,628.6 Megawatts / 10,000 Megawatts To Be Generated By Dec – FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Are The Megawatts? by humebuloe: 7:14pm On Apr 12, 2011
We have been hearing of recent increase in the power generation of the country rising to 4000 megawatts in the recent times,however survey across the country shows that it has not translated into the energy consumption of the homes of average Nigerians as they continue to use generating sets to power their homes,so where are they megawatts so generated?
Re: Where Are The Megawatts? by seal777(m): 7:34pm On Apr 12, 2011
They re on the road map.

Clueless GEJ.
Re: Where Are The Megawatts? by otokx(m): 7:39pm On Apr 12, 2011
bros no NEPA since thursday last week.
Re: Where Are The Megawatts? by Coolabbie: 7:40pm On Apr 12, 2011
Dey are in d pipeline. So if u want 2 see dem, go check d pipelines cris-crossing d country. Dat is wat d militants hv been doing which d FG mischievously call oil bunkering.
Re: Where Are The Megawatts? by onyengbu: 7:41pm On Apr 12, 2011
I dont know abt other areas but power supply have slightly improved in my area.

But then people should know that generation and transmission arent the same thing.
50,000 megawatts generation capacity will not repair that transformer in your street that constantly overheat and defuse every 2 hours.
Re: Where Are The Megawatts? by blacksta(m): 7:43pm On Apr 12, 2011
seal777:

They re on the road map.

Clueless GEJ.

lol

That was a low blow for GEJ -

poster - send me an email - so i could link you to local generator seller - the closest you will see megawatts
Re: Where Are The Megawatts? by Nobody: 7:44pm On Apr 12, 2011
It's pathetic that at this level with all the resources at our disposal,pdp is still promising us electricity even after 12 years of lies.
Re: Where Are The Megawatts? by humebuloe: 7:54pm On Apr 12, 2011
well, all Nigeria needs is end result[b](LIGHT[/b])
Re: Where Are The Megawatts? by humebuloe: 8:05am On Apr 13, 2011
Those who said it has improved in their areas may help us know their locations for statistics sake.thanks
Re: Where Are The Megawatts? by humebuloe: 5:46pm On Apr 13, 2011
I hope the new government will improve in the area of power which will also help reduce unemployment in the country
Re: Where Are The Megawatts? by humebuloe: 8:34am On Apr 14, 2011
any elected president under any platform/party who cannot give Nigerians Light after two years should resign
Re: Where Are The Megawatts? by superboi(m): 9:30am On Apr 14, 2011
otokx:

bros no NEPA since thursday last week.
Guy same for me here for my place for Woji oh!!
nah 5 minutes-5 minutes light dem dey give, same thing dey happen for my place for Abuja.
Every time the Government says there is a increase in power output the less electricity is supplied to me.
By the time they claim to reach 10,000MW, I bet I wouldn't see sunlight again sef! grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Saraki Wants Son’s Election Cancelled ! / Acn Scorns Bankole, Oyinlola, Omisore’s Acceptance Of Defeat / Court Denies 13-year-old Bail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.