Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,042 members, 7,883,608 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 01:25 PM

Freudian Slip: Bode George Said He Is The Symbol Of Pdp In Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Freudian Slip: Bode George Said He Is The Symbol Of Pdp In Lagos (4608 Views)

Jonathan Is The Symbol Of Democracy - Jimmy Carter / Bishop Oyedepo Said He Will Open The Gates Of Hell On Whoever Opposes GEJ. / Children Scramble In Gutters For Noodles,sweets Thrown By PDP In Lagos (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Freudian Slip: Bode George Said He Is The Symbol Of Pdp In Lagos by koruji(m): 1:53am On Apr 13, 2011
If symbol is till like in symbolize, represent, depict the nature of - then Bode George just confessed that PDP is corrupt and not a respecter of the law.

If you read long enough you will see him go from silly to plain ridiculous. He compares himself to Awolowo & Mandela shocked shocked shocked, and then showed he has no idea what the constitution says about jack.

[size=14pt]Hear him[/size]: "Papa Awolowo was charged with treasonable felony, if you remember, what was Mandela charged for, was it not criminal? We were accused of not following government’s regulation, secondly that we split contracts. It was the Lagos State Attorney-General and the Lagos State Government that convicted us for an offence that is supposed to be an offence at the federal level. So, if we don’t see political connotation in that, then, I don’t understand what you mean. We are waiting, we want the constitution of this country to be interpreted."

On April 13, 2011 · · In Politics
BY DAPO AKINREFON

CHIEF Olabode Ibikunle George, is a chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, in Lagos State. During the rescheduled National Assembly elections held last week, Chief George bared his mind on issues bordering on the recent defection of some PDP stalwarts to the Action Congress of Nigeria, ACN, his incarceration and the infighting in the state chapter of the party. Excerpts:

Would you say that PDP in Lagos State is prepared for this election?

Very prepared. It is not only when you see adverts in the newspapers, the base of the pyramid are the downtrodden and we have appealed to their hearts and minds. The people have found that they are the employers of those elected and not the other way round. With all the harsh pressures on the people, how do you get them to vote for you? The middle and upper class are crushing under the heavy weight of taxation; so, it is obvious to the people.

What is your take on comments  that some PDP leaders were angry that you are responsible for the division in the party?

You know people who were admitted to the PDP came from the Alliance for Democracy, AD. They are not used to the culture of the party; they came from a party which is undemocratic.

What of Wahab Dosunmu and Adeseye Ogunlewe?

They are the same, they both came from there. Remember, they jumped ship from the time they were in the Senate. That is the kind of character they exhibit; they refuse to learn the ropes, they want to be the big boys. But in this kind of game, you bid your time, grow with the party and learn the culture of the party. They cannot impose their own culture on the party.

Of course I was the symbol and I am still the symbol of the party in Lagos. Honesty of purpose, commitment and loyalty, they don’t have it. They don’t even understand these two words: loyalty and commitment, that is why they are junketing. They think they can just come through the back door and hit the roof top, it does not work that way.

Seriki came from the same back ground. You see when you come from the background of the AD, where one man selects and puts you in a position at his own whims and caprices, you cannot do that in the PDP. Why did he (Seriki) jump ship? He tried to be the governorship candidate but  lost, he feels he is now an acting big man.

But you have been accused of imposing Dosunmu…

But you people (press) covered the primaries. It is like saying that we imposed President Jonathan, did you not watch the primaries live? Was the Lagos State primary done in secret like the other parties? So, how could you say we imposed? I was not even there, I was in prison and the people decided. In terms of education background, in terms of intellect, service, exposure, academic laurels, he is the best. Which of them matches him?. People can decide on what they want to do and what they want to say, but for me, it does not make sense.

While in prison, you were said said to be the defacto PDP leader in Lagos?

That is what happens to most political leaders, if you are worthy of yourself as a leader, no matter where you are, people will gravitate towards you. When Papa Awolowo was in prison, what happened? When Mandela was in prison, what happened?

But people have argued that you cannot equate yourself with Mandela and Awolowo because they were political prisoners while you are not.

You don’t think that I was a political prisoner? Do you know what we were charged with? Was Papa Awolowo not charged with treason? What is treason by the Nigerian Constitution? Is it not felony? Those who are saying that, are talking out of malice and out of very little knowledge of the history of this country.

Papa Awolowo was charged with treasonable felony, if you remember, what was Mandela charged for, was it not criminal? We were accused of not following government’s regulation, secondly that we split contracts. It was the Lagos State Attorney-General and the Lagos State Government that convicted us for an offence that is supposed to be an offence at the federal level. So, if we don’t see political connotation in that, then, I don’t understand what you mean. We are waiting, we want the constitution of this country to be interpreted.

People like the former President Olusegun Obasanjo said you should not have been celebrated after your freedom, what do you say that?

That is Baba’s (Obasanjo’s) opinion and I have said that because of our culture, I will not take him on in the public.To me, that statement was uncalled for, I have said it before. I wish him the best of luck. I won’t say more than that. The charges are in the public domain, they did not say we stole any money, they did not say money from NPA was missing. It is not a matter of say: Where is N100 billion in a Federal government corporation? Does the board chairman, who is a part time chairman, have access to even the banks? Do we run the place on a daily basis? These is simple logic.

But it was the EFCC and not Lagos State Government that charged you?

Under which law? EFCC prosecuted me as chairman of a federal parastatal with the laws of Lagos State. What were we charged with? Were we charged with the laws of Federal Government? The Executive Director (Finance) was not arraigned, the Executive Director (Engineering) who brought the memo was not arraigned; so it is Bode George, who is a part time chairman, brought to Lagos State to be prosecuted. If it is not political, then what is it? I am not afraid of these jokers at my age. I was brought up in the Christian tenets that whatever you sow you would reap.

What are the chances of PDP in Lagos State?

We have appealed to the hearts and minds of the people, they have heard. Whatever comes out will be their decision. What we are saying is  let the people’s will prevail. If they now want to manipulate that will, then, they are looking for trouble.
Re: Freudian Slip: Bode George Said He Is The Symbol Of Pdp In Lagos by BadExample: 11:44am On Apr 13, 2011
Yes the symbol of failure and corruption
Re: Freudian Slip: Bode George Said He Is The Symbol Of Pdp In Lagos by dave2(m): 11:50am On Apr 13, 2011
Yes ooo, symbol of i chop, i go jail grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Freudian Slip: Bode George Said He Is The Symbol Of Pdp In Lagos by gbengress1: 11:55am On Apr 13, 2011
He is right, he is d symbol of group of criminals known as PDP
Re: Freudian Slip: Bode George Said He Is The Symbol Of Pdp In Lagos by tomv(m): 11:57am On Apr 13, 2011
, that is why PDP will not win Election in Lagos State except GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN! who will not only win lagos on saturday but will win with landslide. I am in ACN but will vote for GEJ on Saturday! GEJ may not be the best candidate for the position in Nigeria but among all the Presidential candidates, he is the most tolerant, patient, Experienced and better equiped for the job.
Re: Freudian Slip: Bode George Said He Is The Symbol Of Pdp In Lagos by dave2(m): 12:06pm On Apr 13, 2011
tomv:

, that is why PDP will not win Election in Lagos State except GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN! who will not only win lagos on saturday but will win with landslide. I am in ACN but will vote for GEJ on Saturday! GEJ may not be the best candidate for the position in Nigeria but among all the Presidential candidates, he is the most tolerant, patient, Experienced and better equiped for the job.

I 100% agree with you bro.
For him to organize a free and fair elections, willing to accept the results whether in his favour or not; is another reason for me to vote for him this Saturday.
Re: Freudian Slip: Bode George Said He Is The Symbol Of Pdp In Lagos by klear(f): 12:08pm On Apr 13, 2011
He is a symbol of wat PDP is all about. If nt, dey should have removed him from the party.
Re: Freudian Slip: Bode George Said He Is The Symbol Of Pdp In Lagos by Pataki: 12:09pm On Apr 13, 2011
Do I blame him?

When the likes of GEJ would send his wife and his cabinet Ministers to welcome this man from Kirikiri maximum prison, why would he not be talking today?

I blame we Nigerians, if we ever for once cannot decide to vote out this national disaster of a party. GEJ has not differentiated himself from the likes of Bode George and PDP!

Enough is more than enough of this madness!
Re: Freudian Slip: Bode George Said He Is The Symbol Of Pdp In Lagos by Nobody: 12:11pm On Apr 13, 2011
Tewonde George never seems to amaze me.I just hope pdp fails so he can go back to kirikiri to complete his jail terms.baba weere
Re: Freudian Slip: Bode George Said He Is The Symbol Of Pdp In Lagos by dave2(m): 12:14pm On Apr 13, 2011
klear:

He is a symbol of wat PDP is all about. If nt, dey should have removed him from the party.

Is not true, PDP is not all about corruption and the likes; is all about individuals in position not doing their jobs.
Have u been opportune to have a look at PDP's manifestos?
We have corrupt leaders everywhere, including ACN, CPC and others.

Bode Gorge is an example of one of the bad people in our parties today
Re: Freudian Slip: Bode George Said He Is The Symbol Of Pdp In Lagos by Nobody: 12:23pm On Apr 13, 2011
dave2:

Is not true, PDP is not all about corruption and the likes; is all about individuals in position not doing their jobs.

Have u been opportune to have a look at PDP's manifestos?
We have corrupt leaders everywhere, including ACN, CPC and others.

Bode Gorge is an example of one of the bad people in our parties today

Stop going back and forth.How many pdp governors or other political appointees under the party including their presidents for 12 years have performed well above average ? Of what use is a good manifesto when you can deliver on it ?
Re: Freudian Slip: Bode George Said He Is The Symbol Of Pdp In Lagos by Nobody: 12:28pm On Apr 13, 2011
Papa Awolowo was charged with treasonable felony, if you remember, what was Mandela charged for, was it not criminal? We were accused of not following government’s regulation, secondly that we split contracts. It was the Lagos State Attorney-General and the Lagos State Government that convicted us for an offence that is supposed to be an offence at the federal level. So, if we don’t see political connotation in that, then, I don’t understand what you mean. We are waiting, we want the constitution of this country to be interpreted.

Leave the name of the sage out of your dirty business, the current penchant to link and associate Awo's name to every nonsene out there just makes me sick angry
Re: Freudian Slip: Bode George Said He Is The Symbol Of Pdp In Lagos by dave2(m): 12:30pm On Apr 13, 2011
Is ACN or CPC better?
Yes, PDP has fielded most of the corrupt politicians we have today but what am saying is that we have them in all the parties.

Even Fashola that we are all singing his praises today is also not free of corruption even though he has done well in Lagos state.
How on earth can u justify the spending of N7.8B on 3 kilometers road grin grin grin
Re: Freudian Slip: Bode George Said He Is The Symbol Of Pdp In Lagos by Gadols(f): 12:57pm On Apr 13, 2011
That old thief. He is indeed a symbol of pdp. Corruption.
Re: Freudian Slip: Bode George Said He Is The Symbol Of Pdp In Lagos by Nobody: 1:03pm On Apr 13, 2011
Gadols:

That old thief. He is indeed a symbol of pdp. Corruption.
his mother should be ashamed of him
Re: Freudian Slip: Bode George Said He Is The Symbol Of Pdp In Lagos by andyanders: 1:05pm On Apr 13, 2011
[b]BODE GEORGE SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF HIMSELF. SPLITTING CONTRACTS TO WHOSE BENEFIT? HE WAS DOING THIS AND ENRICHING HIMSELF. HE SHOULD BE ASHAMED THAT AT HIS AGE HE IS STILL NOT REMORSEFUL OF HIS ACTION BY GOING TO GOD TO SEEK FOR MERCY. NO MATTER THE AMOUNT HE HAS STOLEN, HE CANNOT TAKE THEM TO THE GRAVE IF HE DIES. AT HIS AGE, MONEY IS NOT USEFUL TO HIM AS IT CANNOT CHANGE HIS UGLY LOOK EVEN IF THE BEST DOCTOR IN THE WORLD HANDLES HIS CASE.

PEOPLE LIKE THIS SHOULD NOT COMPARE HIMSELF TO GREAT AWO WHO LIVED AN EXEMPLARY LIFE. A MAN OF HONOR WHO LEFT LEGACY TO NIGERIA AND THE WORLD. WHY COMPARE HIMSELF TO GREAT NELSON MANDELA? IS THIS MAN BODE GEORGE MAD? I THINK SO. LET US NOT TALK OF NELSON MANDELA. LET US LOOK AT THE LIFE OF GREAT AWO AND WHY HE WENT TO PRISON. WAS AWO ACCUSED OF FRAUD? NO HE WAS NOT. WHY MUST A ROGUE COMPARE HIMSELF TO GREAT AWO? I AM NOT A YORUBA MAN, BUT AWO'S MARK CANNOT BE EQUALED TO ANY PERSON IN NIGERIA. HE MADE THE YORUBA LAND WHAT AND WHO THEY ARE TODAY BY GIVEN FREE EDUCATION TO ALL. NOW SEE WHERE YORUBA MEN AND WOMEN WHO BENEFITED FROM HIS VISION ARE TODAY. WHAT DID BODE GEORGE DO FOR HIS PEOPLE= ONLY TO PUT THEIR NAMES IN HISTORY AS PEOPLE WHO STOLE AT THE PICK OF THEIR LIFE/CAREER WHEN THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO HAVE LIVED AN EXEMPLARY LIFE. SHAME TO A ROGUE KNOWN S BODE GEORGE. YOU WILL NOT STAY ALIVE TO ENJOY THE MONEY YOU HAVE STOLEN.

LOOK AT PDP HAVING A ROGUE AS A SYMBOL OF THEIR PARTY. SHOW ME YOUR FRIENDS AND I WILL TELL YOU WHO YOU ARE. SO BODE GEORGE AND PDP WE KNOW YOU AND WHO YOU ARE. STUP*D MAN
[/b]
Re: Freudian Slip: Bode George Said He Is The Symbol Of Pdp In Lagos by booboo79: 1:13pm On Apr 13, 2011
@ Dave2

@least Fashola spent N7b on a road and you can see it. what has your PEEDEEPEE pple done for us to sse.

like the generator you are currently using to power yoursef now?
or like the near perfect security we have with our 2 eyes close?
we paid almost N50m monthly to senators, what has the overwhelming Pedeepee caused us? no single productive bills,

the only person that can deceive you is Yourslf. so think and vote wisely
Re: Freudian Slip: Bode George Said He Is The Symbol Of Pdp In Lagos by ideylaff: 1:29pm On Apr 13, 2011
Even Fashola that we are all singing his praises today is also not free of corruption even though he has done well in Lagos state.

you are right bro, but Fashola nefa go jail come komot dey blwo yanga now,

I see Bode George still has d dementia of The mind still with him, Agbaya, buruku,
Re: Freudian Slip: Bode George Said He Is The Symbol Of Pdp In Lagos by smugmanuel(m): 1:34pm On Apr 13, 2011
naijababe:

Leave the name of the sage out of your dirty business, the current penchant to link and associate Awo's name to every nonsene out there just makes me sick  angry
They give u petrol and collect your diesel. Time will tell if ACN members are Angel or DEMONS. They don't see far, the criticism grenade which they are using to bomb PDP is reshaping PDP and little do they know. Thier primary objectives will be brought to light. TIME SHALL TELL. Acn now parades itself as the ANGEL with some of  LASTMA corrupt officials also parading themselves as angels. TIME SHALL TELL IF TINUBU IS AN ANGEL WE KNOW NOT OR THE DEVIL WE KNOW.
TIME SHALL TELL.
Re: Freudian Slip: Bode George Said He Is The Symbol Of Pdp In Lagos by swiftycool(m): 1:38pm On Apr 13, 2011
:p
Re: Freudian Slip: Bode George Said He Is The Symbol Of Pdp In Lagos by swiftycool(m): 1:39pm On Apr 13, 2011
Hmmm am not suprised, the old theif! Guys just watch out soon am sure Goodluck would also want to honour this thief with the countrys national honours just as he did for the theiving ex hairdresser turned speaker ETEH. PDP has no values morally and GEJ is no different, afterall Obj was more humble and seemed genuine 12years ago when first begging 4 yr vote. now he 4uked our country's ass and pimps her to any of his new puppets. Any one voted under pdp is d cabal's (including Bode George) puppet, BE WISE!
Re: Freudian Slip: Bode George Said He Is The Symbol Of Pdp In Lagos by biilwwu(m): 1:44pm On Apr 13, 2011
A symbol of sets of prisoners
Re: Freudian Slip: Bode George Said He Is The Symbol Of Pdp In Lagos by dave2(m): 1:44pm On Apr 13, 2011
booboo79:

@ Dave2

@least Fashola spent N7b on a road and you can see it. what has your PEEDEEPEE pple done for us to sse.

we paid almost N50m monthly to senators, what has the overwhelming Pedeepee caused us? no single productive bills,

Very sad sad sad sad sad sad
Am not a PDP member or supporter; just that all politicians are the same everywhere.
But few are less evil and corrupt grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Freudian Slip: Bode George Said He Is The Symbol Of Pdp In Lagos by booboo79: 1:48pm On Apr 13, 2011
if your are not a Peedeepee member, then please, leave the kitchen
its hot in here!!!
Re: Freudian Slip: Bode George Said He Is The Symbol Of Pdp In Lagos by Dotman01(m): 1:53pm On Apr 13, 2011
booboo79:

@ Dave2

. . . Good comment bro. . .and u forgot to add the. . .  '500 roads they promised us'. . . They took the money frm govt purse and didnt excecute any project.
PDP : FAILURE
Re: Freudian Slip: Bode George Said He Is The Symbol Of Pdp In Lagos by improviso: 2:07pm On Apr 13, 2011
Bode George, how dear you desecrate the names of Pa Awolowo and the great Madiba? How can you compare yourself, a common thief, with these Political Legends. You were jailed for 'thiefry' (stealing public funds), they were jailed for insisting on their political views and rights. Who sentenced you is inconsequential (state or Federal), you were caught in the VERY ACT, with evidences you and your team of liars lawyers could not deny. So please remain a symbol of PDP and leave Pa Awolowo and Mandela out of this pls. Nonsense
Re: Freudian Slip: Bode George Said He Is The Symbol Of Pdp In Lagos by real4life: 2:12pm On Apr 13, 2011
If PDP wins Bode George and co will get powerful ministerial positions. You can bet on this.

If Buhari wins their stolen funds will be retrieved and used to develop Nigeria while they are cooling off in Kirikiri prison.

But still some people will vote PDP on saturday.  embarassed
Re: Freudian Slip: Bode George Said He Is The Symbol Of Pdp In Lagos by Qopho: 2:22pm On Apr 13, 2011
Nawa ooooooooo, i wonder if Nigeria will be okay again. God wil help us. smiley wink
Re: Freudian Slip: Bode George Said He Is The Symbol Of Pdp In Lagos by booboo79: 2:31pm On Apr 13, 2011
@real4life
you want to knw what some pple will still vote for PDP? because they are Human Being and are irrational in their thinking,
no logical reason y i should vote for a party that has not change my life in 12years,

or  how long will it take PDP to do this? 25years, 30yrs in govt? i dont need to be deceived about stable fuel supply nationwide when i know the billions of naira being spent on its importation and when  a quarter of this amount is enough to repair the refineries. i dont deceive myslf cos i knw my future and destiny lie in my own hands. as we lay our beds so we all lie on it. if its still PDP then we shld be ready to bear all the sufferings that goes with it 4 anoda 4yrs,

we have been singing this over and over, but it seems some are not gettin it, in my opinion, i think we are not ripe for this so called change. maybe we shld just continue this glorified sufferings.
Re: Freudian Slip: Bode George Said He Is The Symbol Of Pdp In Lagos by dave2(m): 2:39pm On Apr 13, 2011
Yeah, is really very sad.
Nothing to show for the 12 years of misrule
Re: Freudian Slip: Bode George Said He Is The Symbol Of Pdp In Lagos by Nobody: 2:47pm On Apr 13, 2011
dave2:

Yeah, is really very sad.
Nothing to show for the 12 years of misrule

Yet some people still want us to maintain the status quo with the evil party of nigeria.
Re: Freudian Slip: Bode George Said He Is The Symbol Of Pdp In Lagos by dave2(m): 2:54pm On Apr 13, 2011
I thought of voting for GEJ this saturday.
But hey shocked shocked shocked shocked Still the same party that has misruled and ruined our nation.
Am not voting again instead.

Vote for Buhari
No need cos my vote wont make him win, so i will stay at home and enjoy myself cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Were Hausas Like BEFORE The Arrival Of Islam? / Corruption Perception: Goodluck Jonathan Versus Bola Tinubu / Reason Why Buhari Is Blocking DSS From Aso Rock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.