Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,070 members, 7,913,034 topics. Date: Tuesday, 06 August 2024 at 05:55 PM

15-year-old Nigerian Girl Defeats UK, US Students To Win Global Math Competition - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 15-year-old Nigerian Girl Defeats UK, US Students To Win Global Math Competition (543 Views)

6-year-old Girl Awarded N21M Scholarship After Scoring 100% In Math Competition / US Students Raise Huge Amount To Help Security Guard Visit His Family In Nigeria / Nigerian Teenage Girls Win Global Tech Competition In Silicon Valley (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

15-year-old Nigerian Girl Defeats UK, US Students To Win Global Math Competition by Kirakaro(f): 1:48am On Mar 12, 2021
A 15-year-old Nigerian student recently made the nation proud as she emerged the winner of the Global Open Mathematics Tournament, beating representatives from Europe, Africa, America, Asia and Australia.

Faith Odunsi, an SS3 student from Ijebu in Ogun state shared her experience winning the global competition in an interview with The Punch.

While narrating how she excelled in different stages of the contest to emerge the overall winner, revealed that winning the “tough competition” made her happy and honoured.

”In the first stage, there was a computer-based test and we had to answer many questions in one hour. My score in the test was 66. The second stage took the same format and I also scored 66.

The quarter and semi-finals were on Microsoft themes. We were asked questions and we put in our answers; the first to put in the correct answers got 10 points,” she said.

Speaking on how she prepared, the math genius said she made sure the competition did not affect her academic activities. So, it’s after the school period that she had another class with her teacher who coached her for the contest. She also studied at night from 11pm to 12am.

Source

https://www.correctng.com/15-year-old-nigerian-girl-defeats-uk-us-students-at-global-math-competition/

Re: 15-year-old Nigerian Girl Defeats UK, US Students To Win Global Math Competition by Kirakaro(f): 1:49am On Mar 12, 2021
I think she deserves to be celebrated
cc lalasticlala
Re: 15-year-old Nigerian Girl Defeats UK, US Students To Win Global Math Competition by JOACHINpedro: 1:54am On Mar 12, 2021
Kirakaro:
I think she deserves to be celebrated

cc lalasticlala
I think someone else deserve FTC angry
Re: 15-year-old Nigerian Girl Defeats UK, US Students To Win Global Math Competition by Ever8090: 2:05am On Mar 12, 2021
Bubu will prefer to invite the "goro" chewing old grand patron of terrorist and banditry Cleric Sheikh Gumi to Aso rock for honour than this future asset of the country..

2 Likes

Re: 15-year-old Nigerian Girl Defeats UK, US Students To Win Global Math Competition by adadike(f): 2:06am On Mar 12, 2021
grin Yoruba amaka! Congrats my dear
Re: 15-year-old Nigerian Girl Defeats UK, US Students To Win Global Math Competition by judgementyard(m): 2:36am On Mar 12, 2021
Congratulations,shine on.
Re: 15-year-old Nigerian Girl Defeats UK, US Students To Win Global Math Competition by lalasticlala(m): 11:15am On Mar 12, 2021

(1)

Online Msc. Programmes (by RENWESSON) / Can I Get Admission To Study Pharmacy With Diploma In Pharmaceutical Technology? / Sending A Female Child To Boarding House At 11what's Your Opinion?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.