Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,679 members, 7,968,984 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 04:22 PM

Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? (14315 Views)

Do You Have An Accent? / The Best African Accent? / Why Do Girls Form Fake Accent Anyways? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by Nobody: 2:52am On Jul 27, 2007
i really cant say but its just crap lang to me. if i date a gal and she uses the lang, i'd drop her shocked
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by omogenaija(f): 4:21am On Jul 27, 2007
olrotimi:

i really can't say but its just crap lang to me. if i date a girl and she uses the lang, i'd drop her shocked

angry angry angry hater
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by seun001(m): 7:25am On Jul 27, 2007
olrotimi:

i really can't say but its just crap lang to me. if i date a girl and she uses the lang, i'd drop her shocked

u dont have a reason for hating the lang therefore its crap language.wheres ur logical reasoning ummm.
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by toshmann(m): 10:49pm On Jul 27, 2007
you guys hate another language/accent, yet we complain when white people hate our skin color/language/accent etc. kettle calling pot black

1 Like

Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by honeric01(m): 12:48am On Jul 28, 2007
Must
toshmann:

you guys hate another language/accent, yet we complain when white people hate our skin color/language/accent etc. kettle calling pot black
Must i like every thing on earth? you cant say because i don't like one particular language, then i have turned to a racist, the whites that hate blacks are not one, very large in number, just like a collective thing overthere, they claim balcsk are monkeys, so that one is unrealistic, but here is accent, not language, I may like someone speaking Yoruba with a good accent while another one would speak same yoruba with a terrible accent, (pronunciation) so don't mix it together sir, Accent and racist are different ball game
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by toshmann(m): 8:22am On Jul 28, 2007
honeric01:

Must Must i like every thing on earth? you can't say because i don't like one particular language, then i have turned to a racist, the whites that hate blacks are not one, very large in number, just like a collective thing overthere, they claim balcsk are monkeys, so that one is unrealistic, but here is accent, not language, I may like someone speaking Yoruba with a good accent while another one would speak same yoruba with a terrible accent, (pronunciation) so don't mix it together sir, Accent and racist are different ball game

so you hate an accent. then you are likely to be biased against someone with the accent you hate. if you are an employer you most likely wont employ such people[i] simply b/c of their accent[/i]. their accent is natural. na so God make am. who are you to say which is cool and which is $hit. dude there is no difference btw you and those who think skin color has a direct relationship with quality.
one thing i've discovered amongst racist white men is their grave disdain for the african accent(s).
how are you different?
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by WesleyanA(f): 8:30am On Jul 28, 2007
toshmann is BACK!!! i don't know if this is good news or bad news. j/k
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by toshmann(m): 8:35am On Jul 28, 2007
depends on how beautiful your face is. cheesy
not joking kiss
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by honeric01(m): 8:40am On Jul 28, 2007
toshmann
so you hate an accent. then you are likely to be biased against someone with the accent you hate. if you are an employer you most likely wont employ such people simply b/c of their accent. their accent is natural. na so God make am. who are you to say which is cool and which is $hit. dude there is no difference between you and those who think skin color has a direct relationship with quality.
one thing i've discovered amongst racist white men is their grave disdain for the african accent(s).
how are you different?.
LETS BE SINCERE, BACK TO YOU, IS IT ALL ACCENT THAT YOU LIKE? be honest here,
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by toshmann(m): 8:42am On Jul 28, 2007
i cant come out to denigrate other people's accent. it is irresponsible in this contemporary global village we are living in
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by WesleyanA(f): 8:49am On Jul 28, 2007
yeah no hating on accents. i love accents as long as the speech is comprehensible.
that's why i listen to bbc. so many foreign accents from all over the world. lol including our nigeria of course.

toshmann:

depends on how beautiful your face is. cheesy
not joking kiss

cheesy <---- my face. is it beautiful enough? lol
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by honeric01(m): 8:53am On Jul 28, 2007
toshmann:

i can't come out to denigrate other people's accent. it is irresponsible in this contemporary global village we are living in
see preaching, well I don't want to sound insulting here, but you saw the topic of this thread before you had to comment, they only asked for accents that annoy and fascinates you, not coming here to preach about me not to dislike any accent, have you ever dislike anything on this planet earth before? if yes, then that makes you a racist too, no matter what you hated, it's still discrimination.
however i never said i hated any language, i only said some accent even when its the same language annoys me, i mean one person may speak this same Yoruba language and it will sound fascinating to me while another might also speak and then gets on my nerves due to the pronunciations, thats all i said, ok? i speak Yoruba too
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by toshmann(m): 8:59am On Jul 28, 2007
WesleyanA:

yeah no hating on accents. i love accents as long as the speech is comprehensible.
that's why i listen to bbc. so many foreign accents from all over the world. lol including our nigeria of course.

cheesy <---- my face. is it beautiful enough? lol
yea. we resemble. . . . my face-----------> cheesy  
see? let's start from there. how are you doing?

honeric01:

see preaching, well I don't want to sound insulting here, but you saw the topic of this thread before you had to comment, they only asked for accents that annoy and fascinates you, not coming here to preach about me not to dislike any accent, have you ever dislike anything on this planet earth before? if yes, then that makes you a racist too, no matter what you hated, it's still discrimination.
however i never said i hated any language, i only said some accent even when its the same language annoys me, i mean one person may speak this same Yoruba language and it will sound fascinating to me while another might also speak and then gets on my nerves due to the pronunciations, thats all i said, ok? i speak Yoruba too

have i hated something b4? yes. i hate injustice. i hate racism/tribalism and double standards in all it's ramifications. does that seem right? yes.
wether you hate a language or an accent in a language, you are hating something someone was born with. you must have read someone say something about BBC and lots of accents, who has the knowledge to say which accent is cool or otherwise. obviously if you hate something, someone with that thing is likely to put you off. this is not preaching. it is common sense and being civilised. we are in the 21st century.
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by MsEbz(f): 10:42am On Jul 28, 2007
To me it doesn't matter what region of a country or w/e country you are from, if it's too thick to where even if you speak at a normal or slow pace and I can't understand or it just hurts my ears it's annoying, but most annoying are really thick australian or british or boston or NYC or Baltimore, MD accents.
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by chiogo(f): 8:06pm On Jul 28, 2007
MsEbz:

To me it doesn't matter what region of a country or w/e country you are from, if it's too thick to where even if you speak at a normal or slow pace and I can't understand or it just hurts my ears it's annoying, but most annoying are really thick australian or british or boston or NYC or Baltimore, MD accents.

really? didn't know boston had a bad accent. more like texas/cali.
I- ah
Life--- laf
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by toshmann(m): 8:13pm On Jul 28, 2007
chiogo:

really? didn't know boston[b] had a bad accent[/b]. more like texas/cali.

who determines what is a good accent?
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by chiogo(f): 8:20pm On Jul 28, 2007
I do. pls don't try to argue with me, i know u're good at that. good as in sounds nice to d ear.
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by toshmann(m): 8:29pm On Jul 28, 2007
ok. no argument.
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by honeric01(m): 11:01pm On Jul 28, 2007
have i hated something before? yes. i hate injustice. i hate racism/tribalism and double standards in all it's ramifications. does that seem right? yes.
wether you hate a language or an accent in a language, you are hating something someone was born with. you must have read someone say something about BBC and lots of accents, who has the knowledge to say which accent is cool or otherwise. obviously if you hate something, someone with that thing is likely to put you off. this is not preaching. it is common sense and being civilised. we are in the 21st century.
even when you are still trying to insult me, i still keep my stand, won't retaliate, either i like one accent and hate the other is non of your business, follow the topic of the thread and if you feel you don;t like what you read, vamus from the thread! not compulsory you must comment okay? please lets respect each other, i am a gentleman (guy)
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by Xris74: 7:49pm On Jul 29, 2007
My Muto (motor car) sma (small) pass hi (his) hon (own)
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jul 29, 2007
I love the boston/NY accents more than any others in the USA.
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by honeric01(m): 11:15am On Jul 30, 2007
I love Australian accent
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by kojeiwa(m): 8:11pm On Aug 10, 2007
I like when a French guy speak English. Its hard to understand when Russian speaks english
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by Femtex(m): 3:26am On Aug 17, 2007
I love british accent.
Alos, Ibadan and Egba accent are just so funny
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by BASETSANA(f): 1:48pm On Aug 22, 2007
l love the South African and some kinds of Nigerian accent l also love the British accent and the Swedish one!
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by honeric01(m): 11:55pm On Aug 22, 2007
love english spoken by a chinese literate
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by mashaun(m): 7:47am On Aug 24, 2007
bullshit,you pple find it difficult to say much about your local accents.what a perculiar mess
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by Mustay(m): 10:38pm On Oct 11, 2007
I just love Muritala Mohammed's accent!

Can anyone upload any of his 'FELLOW NIGERIANS' speech?

these educated hausas can speak english wellu wellu o!
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by naijadiva2(f): 1:36am On Oct 12, 2007
To me it doesn't matter what region of a country or w/e country you are from, if it's too thick to where even if you speak at a normal or slow pace and I can't understand or it just hurts my ears it's annoying, but most annoying are really thick australian or british or[b] boston or NYC or Baltimore, MD accents[/b].

i don't know if its a coincident or because we are from the same place but those accents annoy the hell out of me. i have some friends who are from nyc originally so when they talk, i ask them to say it again, just to joke with them.
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by Nobody: 8:06pm On Oct 14, 2007
the f^cking British accent annoys me, man. . . can barely understand them

the lagos pidgin English fascinates me. . . sounds sexy!!!!!!!
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by almondjoy(f): 8:38pm On Oct 14, 2007
Mustay:

I just love Muritala Muhammad's accent!

Can anyone upload any of his 'FELLOW NIGERIANS' speech?

these educated hausas can speak english wellu wellu o!

Yes! I love the educated "hausa" accent---so soothing to the nerves. kiss  Especially the girls. Always tripped me while I was in school with them. Hmm! Hmm! Hmm! cool

Dislikes--any Nigerian accent that confirms ignorance and stupidity. angry
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by Mustay(m): 10:21pm On Oct 14, 2007
toyin

neva heard Niger Delta pidgin?

Gosh! na anoda level be that

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Who Really Owns The Benin Bronzes? / I Hate Being An African American Woman / Should Nigerians Be Proud Of Speaking Pidgin English?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.