Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,035 members, 7,946,507 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 07:33 PM

Archbishop Idahosa 23 years after: Nigerian Man Shares A Touching Story - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Archbishop Idahosa 23 years after: Nigerian Man Shares A Touching Story (399 Views)

Apostle Suleman Remembers Benson Idahosa 23 Years After Death (photo) / Archbishop Idahosa: Thou Shall Not Suffer A Witch To Live By Leke Beecroft / Margaret Idahosa Cries, Visits Archbishop Idahosa's Mausoleum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Archbishop Idahosa 23 years after: Nigerian Man Shares A Touching Story by diasporaman(m): 11:45pm On Mar 12, 2021
As Nigerians and other Christians from around the world remember Papa Idahosa today, who was called to Glory 23 years ago, a Nigerian Obiwest Utchaychukwu shared a touching story of what he experienced over three decades ago

Read what he posted on Facebook

The day I will never forget in my life

The most unforgettable day in my life was not the day the late Archbishop Benson Idahosa was called to Glory but the day disparity between the rich and the poor almost made me not to see the man we all loved.

In 1987, that is 34 years ago, as a little boy who loves singing, I joined the children choir of Church of God Mission Uselu District Headquarters, a Church my parents started in 1980 with the late Rev Authur Obiefuna and few others.

The children convention of that year was around the corner, my elder sister and I did not miss the choir practice for one day because it is the joy of most children then to see Papa Idahosa live who used to pray for all the children. We used to watch Papa Idahosa on Redemption Hour courtesy of Bendel Broadcasting Service. I boasted to my friends in school and in our area that I will be the first to see Papa Idahosa.

We came to the place where our aunty (children teacher) asked us to come. The bus came and our aunty asked the children whose parents are rich and has a voice in the Church to get in. Many of them did not attend all the choir rehearsals. Later, she turned to my elder sister and I and told us to go back home that the bus is filled up. I told her "aunty why"? we can squeeze ourselves beside the bus conductor and she yelled at me saying "go back home the bus is filled up"

Still pleading with her, she asked the driver to start the bus and move. That was how the bus left us behind including one person from a poor background like us. We started crying like children who lost their parents.

I told my sister that I will never be poor in life, that when I grow up I will buy my own car. That day heaven heard the tears of a poor boy. Next thing, I told my sister and the other girl that we should trek to Miracle Center at Airport road.

For those of you who knows Benin City very well, trekking from Uselu motor park to the Benin airport is not an easy task for an adult let alone for a child. We started trekking under the scorching sun because we had no money for transport.

We trekked for about two hours before we got to the Miracle Center. We were exhausted and completely worn out. As we were entering the church we heard "children from Uselu District Headquarters" come out for your presentation. We hurriedly joined our mates as they were heading to the altar and our aunty was shocked to see us . She asked us who brought us and we told her that we trekked, then she bent her heard in guilt.

After the presentations, Papa Idahosa prayed for us, I could also remember Late Rev JBS Coker and other ministers who were there that day.

At the close of the convention, our aunty had no other choice than to allow us come back with them. We got home and told our poor mother what happened and all she could say was it is well, welcome home my children.

Favouritism and disparity is still happening in many churches today.

I'm writing a book about my life that will be unveiled soon and this sad experience is included.

Soon I will look for the aunty in question and if she's still alive I may buy her a car to let her know that Chukwu agozigo m (God has blessed me)

This piece brought tears to my eyes
God punish poverty

We remember Papa Idahosa today and always

- The Media Apostle

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=465287541326362&id=100035353611609

Re: Archbishop Idahosa 23 years after: Nigerian Man Shares A Touching Story by OVB123: 12:28am On Mar 13, 2021
Papa Idahosa was a true man of God. We greatly missed you Papa.
Re: Archbishop Idahosa 23 years after: Nigerian Man Shares A Touching Story by doggedfighter(f): 12:43am On Mar 13, 2021
Church politics and scamming didn't start today.

These older ones taught them art of scamming !

Happy posthumous birthday to him.

(1) (Reply)

The Video That Led To Youtube Closing Tb Joshua Account. / ‘TB Joshua Asked Nigerians To Pray For 2023’ / Prophet Joshua Iginla Blows Hot Against Chris Okotie And All Who Criticise Proph

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.