Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,497 members, 7,951,074 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 09:55 AM

Ancelotti Hints At Torres Error - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Ancelotti Hints At Torres Error (733 Views)

Carlo Ancelotti Appointed As Real Madrid Manager / Chelsea To Sell Torres For £15 Million ? / Torres Is A Girl! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ancelotti Hints At Torres Error by foseni: 2:03pm On Apr 13, 2011
Carlo Ancelotti admitted his future at Chelsea is out of his hands and that starting misfiring £50 million striker Fernando Torres against Manchester United may have been a mistake.
United marched on to the Champions League semi-finals with a 3-1 aggregate win after goals from Javier Hernandez and Park Ji-sung at Old Trafford made Didier Drogba's goal redundant.

Ancelotti gambled by starting Torres and leaving Drogba on the bench, even though Torres had not scored in 817 minutes and 13 matches for club and country. Torres suffered a torrid first 45 minutes and was replaced at half-time by Drogba, who scored late in the second half.

When asked if it had been a mistake to start with Torres, Ancelotti said: "Maybe. Could be. I told you a lot of times this season I wanted to start with Fernando for this kind of game, these type of tactics.

"Didier played well in the second half. I wanted to put more pressure up front because we needed to score. Didier was fresh and he could use his power up front. This was the reason I took out Fernando.''

United boss Sir Alex Ferguson, however, was in no doubt that it was the huge fee Chelsea splashed out for Torres in January which forced Ancelotti's hand.

Ferguson said: "A lot of people thought Drogba would play. I thought having signed Torres for the money they did they had to play him. I wasn't 100% sure but I couldn't see how they could leave Torres out.''

Ferguson, however, insisted he was not criticising Chelsea for signing Torres.
Re: Ancelotti Hints At Torres Error by chelseabmw(m): 6:26am On Apr 14, 2011
abeg mk dis man go hug wet transformer angry
Re: Ancelotti Hints At Torres Error by chidyke77(m): 6:38am On Apr 14, 2011
chelseabmw:

abeg mk dis man go hug wet transformer angry
foseni:

Carlo Ancelotti admitted his future at Chelsea is out of his hands and that starting misfiring £50 million striker Fernando Torres against Manchester United may have been a mistake.
United marched on to the Champions League semi-finals with a 3-1 aggregate win after goals from Javier Hernandez and Park Ji-sung at Old Trafford made Didier Drogba's goal redundant.

Ancelotti gambled by starting Torres and leaving Drogba on the bench, even though Torres had not scored in 817 minutes and 13 matches for club and country. Torres suffered a torrid first 45 minutes and was replaced at half-time by Drogba, who scored late in the second half.

When asked if it had been a mistake to start with Torres, Ancelotti said: "Maybe. Could be. I told you a lot of times this season I wanted to start with Fernando for this kind of game, these type of tactics.

"Didier played well in the second half. I wanted to put more pressure up front because we needed to score. Didier was fresh and he could use his power up front. This was the reason I took out Fernando.''

United boss Sir Alex Ferguson, however, was in no doubt that it was the huge fee Chelsea splashed out for Torres in January which forced Ancelotti's hand.

Ferguson said: "A lot of people thought Drogba would play. I thought having signed Torres for the money they did they had to play him. I wasn't 100% sure but I couldn't see how they could leave Torres out.''

Ferguson, however, insisted he was not criticising Chelsea for signing Torres.

wat else do u expected to hear frm him since he has already done it in a cleverly way to avoid hurting anyone.

(1) (Reply)

Footballl Report: Fabregas's Barca Move 'done' / Letter To Avb / All Footbal Fans A Must See, Expecialy Liverpool Fans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.