Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,410 members, 7,901,137 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 12:58 AM

Osun 2022: Group Demands Secondus Resignation Over Adeleke’s Endorsement - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun 2022: Group Demands Secondus Resignation Over Adeleke’s Endorsement (917 Views)

HURIWA Demands Tinubu’s Disqualification, Resignation Over Identity Theft / Nigerian Policeman Tenders Resignation Over Poor Pay, Inability To Feed - PHOTO / PDP Reps Caucus Demands Secondus Resignation As Governors Meet Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun 2022: Group Demands Secondus Resignation Over Adeleke’s Endorsement by EcoBrick: 6:26pm On Mar 14, 2021
https://punchng.com/osun-2022-group-demands-secondus-resignation-over-adelekes-endorsement/

Published March 13, 2021

BOLA BAMIGBOLA

A group within Osun State chapter of the Peoples Democratic Party called ‘Osun PDP Legacy Group,’ had demanded the immediate resignation of the national chairman of the party, Uche Secondus, for endorsing Senator Ademola Adeleke as the PDP candidate for the 2022 Osun governorship election.

The convener of the group, Funmiso Babarinde, in a statement made available to The PUNCH, said the purported endorsement of Adeleke by Secondus was against the PDP constitution.

The group said the Deputy National Publicity Secretary of the party, Diran Odeyemi, who represented Secondus at a prayer session organised by the Sunday Bisi-led Osun PDP executives last week, had informed party faithful at the event that the PDP chairman, had adopted Adeleke as the candidate of the party for Osun 2022 governorship election.

The statement read in parts, “Quoting Secondus, who spoke through Odeyemi, our national chairman said, it does not matter if anybody else comes out to contest against Ademola Adeleke. The fact remains that the National Chairman has no other candidate in mind but Adeleke.

“Odeyemi told the gathering he was representing Secondus. And we consider an endorsement for Adeleke by no other person but the national chairman as an aberration and unconstitutional. Owning to that, we believe Secondus is morally unfit to continue leading PDP. So, we are demanding his resignation with immediate effect.

“The stance of the PDP national chairman is unbecoming and we consider it another affront against Dr. Bukola Saraki-led reconciliation committee of the party.”

When contacted for clarification about the statement he made on behalf of the PDP chairman, Odeyemi said the PDP chairman had not committed any infraction with his position on the candidate of the party in the next governorship election in Osun.

Odeyemi said, “what the National Chairman said through me is not unusual. As a party, PDP is offering Adeleke another opportunity, having done well on the ballot the last time and he has the right to accept or decline.

“Till now, no one else, including Ogunbiyi that contested primary with him the last time has not shown interest. It is only Adeleke that we are looking at for now. But having said that, we are not closing our doors against others that are interested in vying for the PDP ticket."

Mynd44
Lalasticlala

Re: Osun 2022: Group Demands Secondus Resignation Over Adeleke’s Endorsement by Soolmus: 6:30pm On Mar 14, 2021
Who else have the kind of money the Adeleke's have ?!, Abeg free secondus
Re: Osun 2022: Group Demands Secondus Resignation Over Adeleke’s Endorsement by sylve11: 6:34pm On Mar 14, 2021
Na so e dey always be when them don sample chicken change give them. Just little money, an average Nigerian would lose his or sanity over what is not worth his or her pride. cool
Re: Osun 2022: Group Demands Secondus Resignation Over Adeleke’s Endorsement by Omoslim26: 6:46pm On Mar 14, 2021
Soolmus:
Who else have the kind of money the Adeleke's have ?!, Abeg free secondus

My brother abi sister

dis is one of the reasons we are in this mess now
the fact dat the man has money does not quantifies him to be a good person

I can't stop beating myself for traveling all the way from Lagos to Owerri to vote for rochas in his first tenure

let's stop judging people by wat they have in possession as materialism but wat dey can proffer as content from initiative and mind creation

1 Like

Re: Osun 2022: Group Demands Secondus Resignation Over Adeleke’s Endorsement by Soolmus: 6:57pm On Mar 14, 2021
Omoslim26:

My brother abi sister

I can't stop beating myself for traveling all the way from Lagos to Owerri to vote for rochas in his first tenure

let's stop judging people by wat they have in possession as materialism but wat dey can proffer as content from initiative and mind creation

Politics is a very costly game... Think of how much 2 minutes jingle on fm radio station cost, think of how much posters and billboard cost and how many would be needed all over Osun

Our political electioneering isn't crowd funded, it's all man for himself

Re: Osun 2022: Group Demands Secondus Resignation Over Adeleke’s Endorsement by ablejesus26(m): 8:23pm On Mar 14, 2021
Soolmus:

Politics is a very costly game... Think of how much 2 minutes jingle on fm radio station cost, think of how much posters and billboard cost and how many would be needed all over Osun

Our political electioneering isn't crowd funded, it's all man for himself

Then it's most heartrending and dispiriting dat we are in an impasse, quandary and dilemma,for as it is we would quite further patronize,and abet leaders with no vision and passion for the philosophy of stewardship and selfless service

wen this men spend so much gigantic money
they do all it takes to recover, by looting the destinies of many Nigerians out of it's bearing.
Re: Osun 2022: Group Demands Secondus Resignation Over Adeleke’s Endorsement by Monogamy: 8:26pm On Mar 14, 2021
Seconds is more or less like a figure head chairman
Re: Osun 2022: Group Demands Secondus Resignation Over Adeleke’s Endorsement by Johnnyessence(m): 11:15pm On Mar 14, 2021
Omoslim26:

My brother abi sister

you are just saying trash from both side of your mouth. senator Ademola Adeleke is the people's choice. he has the content and he's ever ready for the job.

(1) (Reply)

Herdsmen Are The Only ‘landless’ People In Nigeria — Miyetti Allah / I Can't Access Or Post On My Twitter Account Again / Nigerians Are Starving, Kano Emir Tells Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.