Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,369 members, 7,947,606 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 02:46 AM

Have You Ever Forgotten Your Change With A Bus Conductor? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Have You Ever Forgotten Your Change With A Bus Conductor? (12540 Views)

Policeman fights bus conductor who insisted he pays his transport fare. / Oyinbo Danfo Bus Conductor In Lagos (Skit) / Bus Conductor Sanitizes Passengers Before Boarding Danfo Bus (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Forgotten Your Change With A Bus Conductor? by Coldie(m): 3:12pm On Mar 16, 2021
V
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten Your Change With A Bus Conductor? by Femeto: 3:13pm On Mar 16, 2021
Ademola47:
If you live in Lagos and you use public transport, you are more likely to have once forgot your change with the bus conductor.

There are 2 sides to it:
1. The conductor might forget to give you change and you as well will not remember to ask

2. He might deliberately hold on to the change so that you will forget it.

Whichever way, the money is gone.
It will be more painful if the money is the last money with you.

Mine happened around 2018 December. I gave the conductor #500 for a #150 fare from Ikeja Along to Abule-Egba. When I discovered I've forgot the change, I had to trek(a distance of #250).

How did you sort yourself out?
So tell us how it went.
Well well.
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten Your Change With A Bus Conductor? by Johnkay225: 3:17pm On Mar 16, 2021
Plenty times oh. The worst was when I gave the bus driver so he could split into two for me . He gave me 500 which I have my cousin,when I got to where I was going gave him another#100 . Meaning I paid 600 for a trip of #100. That thing pain me ehh

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Forgotten Your Change With A Bus Conductor? by daniel7328(m): 3:21pm On Mar 16, 2021
For where, dem no born me well or in fact na dem dey forget to collect money for my hand �����
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten Your Change With A Bus Conductor? by YorubaLord: 3:21pm On Mar 16, 2021
merieam16:
God 4bid bad thing...i av never nd will never forget my change to those conductors

I can imagine cos it will really pain you nd even pain u more if its ur last money

Anytime i feel i might 4get,i keep reminding him repeatedly till he gives me my change

We sabi ur type... grin

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Forgotten Your Change With A Bus Conductor? by lugo99(m): 3:22pm On Mar 16, 2021
WizKid is a goat

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Forgotten Your Change With A Bus Conductor? by WowSweetGuy(m): 3:24pm On Mar 16, 2021
Yes. And i didn't worry about it.
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten Your Change With A Bus Conductor? by kheny12(m): 3:31pm On Mar 16, 2021
I have never and I will never forgot change to any conductor.instead I keep shouting and saying conductor my change in every 3 minutes .
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten Your Change With A Bus Conductor? by CheedyJ(m): 3:32pm On Mar 16, 2021
Even if I was drunk I can never forget my change , NEVERRRRRRRRRRRRRR....RRR
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten Your Change With A Bus Conductor? by Kobicove(m): 3:36pm On Mar 16, 2021
I have forgotten my change with the conductor several times

The most annoying incident was in 2006 when I entered a bus going to CMS from Anthony bus stop.

Along the way it started raining so I decided to drop under the flyover at Marina beside UBA head office instead of going to the last bus stop and risk getting wet.

Na so I just forget #430 change for conductor hand after I gave him a #500 note...I was so angry that day angry

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Forgotten Your Change With A Bus Conductor? by fatymore(f): 3:36pm On Mar 16, 2021
So my story.

I was no hunting then, left the mainland early to get to the Island on time, So I went to like 4 banks headquarters to submit my CV/IT letter.

On my way back I was so tired coupled with the fact that owo tiku wazo, I couldn't eat, to cut the long story short I slept from VI down to Oshodi Isale, I just woke up alight from the bus without remembering I still have 400 left. E remain small make the 70 naira wey remain lost too sha.

Now na bedsheet, pillows and duvet I dey sell. Make una help me by patronising me please cry cry cry.

I get pikin to feed.

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Forgotten Your Change With A Bus Conductor? by JONSYN7154: 3:43pm On Mar 16, 2021
KingAzari:
Gave him 1 k to give me 950 naira - my home and abroad that day. The idiot kept saying "i dey come i dey come" until I got a call before getting to the bus stop, which distracted me. The thief left with my 950. Begged to get back home and nobody even believed me until one fine girl like that had mercy on me and gave me 1k. Reason why I like women and like to help them at any chance I get.

Lagos conductors are fulltime thieves doing part-time conductor job.
Yet someone will come here and say "Nigerian girls are useless... all of them.

God bless that girl.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Forgotten Your Change With A Bus Conductor? by Nobody: 3:47pm On Mar 16, 2021
I moved to Lagos straight out of NYSC to work and this happened to me every week. E be like the those conductors de use charm. You know you will forget, yet you go still forget that change grin
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten Your Change With A Bus Conductor? by chatinent: 3:52pm On Mar 16, 2021
I always do this.
Lol.
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten Your Change With A Bus Conductor? by TOPCRUISE(m): 3:52pm On Mar 16, 2021
It's very painful. If you are engrossed in a phone call or chatting with a lady beside you. The conductor will be watching you, he will not remind you of your change you will collect
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten Your Change With A Bus Conductor? by Tapout(m): 3:53pm On Mar 16, 2021
Not at all, but the one wey dem dey do me wella na to combine change with another passenger and then leave both of us at the bustop to sort ourselves out. The last incident, the conductor gave me and one fine like that 5h. mine was 350 & hers was 150. fine girl was looking at me like i should do give away. Me being handsome tongue grin was looking at her too like "leave the 150 for handsome guy na, you done big pass am. it was a look of deceit and deception both ways grin grin she was almost giving in though till the devil used this dude selling pure bliss biscuit to spoil show. sad She bought one , took her 50 naira and told the guy to give me change. i nearly spat on the guy when he looked at me and asked Oga which one you want ?? i didn't even answer him cause he was already irritating my mood. i sha took my change and went ahead to toast the fine girl because for some reason she was still waiting, maybe to make sure i took my change. that one is story for another day.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Forgotten Your Change With A Bus Conductor? by Moofalet: 3:56pm On Mar 16, 2021
Hmmmm
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten Your Change With A Bus Conductor? by Sterope(f): 4:02pm On Mar 16, 2021
Almost everyone has. This is no brainer.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Forgotten Your Change With A Bus Conductor? by moscobabs(m): 4:02pm On Mar 16, 2021
I always set alarm for it depends on the journey distance.

If it's from sango to Oshodi, I will set alert for 30min, if he doesn't give me after the first 30mins, I will still set alert for another 15mins. No way I will forget change with this alarm reminder

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Forgotten Your Change With A Bus Conductor? by Chomsky1967(f): 4:05pm On Mar 16, 2021
pocohantas:

The problem in Nigeria is too much, people even forget their kids, a whole human, come be change. Ordinary change. embarassed
No be lie. I forgot my ward in school one beautiful day. Ask me what I was thinking, till today I can't say. It wasn't funny, till today I still have shivers remembering it...Never again
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten Your Change With A Bus Conductor? by Nobody: 4:05pm On Mar 16, 2021
Have not had any experience forgetting change in the hands of conductor, probably maybe because I grew up in Lagos and understand all there tactics on how they deliberately wanted pple to forget change in there hand, but had one experience I can never forget in my life, back in 2014 my final year in school, was going to school, board a public bus from Iyana Ipaja to Oshodi, I paid and collected my change, when I got to Oshodi last bus stop everybody rush down not knowing my wallet has fallen off, after dropping from the bus I notice my wallet has fallen off, I ran after the bus, luckily there was traffic ahead, I caught up with the bus, luckily the bus has not carry any passenger, I told the conductor my wallet fell in the bus, he look at me and say how does your wallet look like, I told him brown, behold he stretch my wallet to me, I couldn't believe it, I wanted to give the guy some money, he ask me not to worry, my money was intact close to 23k, I kept praying for the Guy almost everything that year

5 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Forgotten Your Change With A Bus Conductor? by Taruiay: 4:08pm On Mar 16, 2021
I no dey waste time to collect change!
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten Your Change With A Bus Conductor? by Charlex23(m): 4:09pm On Mar 16, 2021
Tapout:
Not at all, but the one wey dem dey do me wella na to combine change with another passenger and then leave both of us at the bustop to sort ourselves out. The last incident, the conductor gave me and one fine like that 5h. mine was 350 & hers was 150. fine girl was looking at me like i should do give away. Me being handsome tongue grin was looking at her too like "leave the 150 for handsome guy na, you done big pass am. it was a look of deceit and deception both ways grin grin she was almost giving in though till the devil used this dude selling pure bliss biscuit to spoil show. sad She bought one , took her 50 naira and told the guy to give me change. i nearly spat on the guy when he looked at me and asked Oga which one you want ?? i didn't even answer him cause he was already irritating my mood. i sha took my change and went ahead to toast the fine girl because for some reason she was still waiting, maybe to make sure i took my change. that one is story for another day.
please complete this story. it sounds really interesting

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Forgotten Your Change With A Bus Conductor? by OhiOfIhima: 4:11pm On Mar 16, 2021
Their trick mostly is, after given them 1k note, you wan act like calm guy and you don't want to be shouting my change my change... on telling them to give you ur change, them go change am for u that u gave them 500N not 1k unless someone within the bus be ur witness, my brother, ur name naw Sala dat day oo... It happened to me once and a co-pessenger bailed me out. Be wise! this is Lagos. No welcoming to Lagos oo.

Modify: Another sad experience I had with conductor, that was 2013... I went to see a friend at Egbeda, enter motor coming to Cement. It was dark like after 8, the conductor was looking for who will help him change 1k note to two 500, I helped him, I never knew the 1k note he gave me was fake until I wanted to buy suya... Chai, the suya man just told me, Oga this ur money dey fear me oo, I no collect... Naso I grab d money to check, it was fake. I was so pained eeh. people wicked sha.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Forgotten Your Change With A Bus Conductor? by olumide4785(m): 4:12pm On Mar 16, 2021
I felt like crying the day i forgot 400 Naira change with Conductor after i gave him 500 Naira from Obalende to Yabatech in Year 2014.
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten Your Change With A Bus Conductor? by greenguy: 4:12pm On Mar 16, 2021
That thing can pain ehnn...
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten Your Change With A Bus Conductor? by BabaIbo: 4:19pm On Mar 16, 2021
Forget wetin?
Unto wetin na?

Me wey dey give conductor trouble until the conductor by himself give me my money just to have peace.

Before I relocated away from Lagos, I remember one fateful day that I why for a job interview. I boarded Ajah to Oshodi bus in those period that fuel was very scarce and costly(december 2017), a trip of 3h to 4h became 800 naira, I gave the conductor 1k, the guy was using delay tactics, unknown to me that the conductor won't follow the bus, it was the driver that told everyone to collect their changes as e won't listen to anyone once they leave the pack, omo I changed it for the guy, everybody faced him and started abusing him that he had an ulterior motives that is why he is holding on to my change.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Forgotten Your Change With A Bus Conductor? by donprincebigt(m): 4:26pm On Mar 16, 2021
merieam16:
God 4bid bad thing...i av never nd will never forget my change to those conductors

I can imagine cos it will really pain you nd even pain u more if its ur last money

Anytime i feel i might 4get,i keep reminding him repeatedly till he gives me my change
I jumped to reading ur comment then when I realized how funny it was I checked ur gender then I give up.
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten Your Change With A Bus Conductor? by Nobody: 4:30pm On Mar 16, 2021
pocohantas:

The problem in Nigeria is too much, people even forget their kids, a whole human, come be change. Ordinary change. embarassed

she must change the narrative, poco effect grin simple yes + xperience or No would have suffice. you won't even share cos you don't want dem to know a whole yeye kween dey enter danfo grin grin

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Forgotten Your Change With A Bus Conductor? by BOYLOVABLE1(m): 4:39pm On Mar 16, 2021
grin

As a tricycle operator, if I should tell you how careless and doom some people are especially the woman.

What will they won't forget, phones, purse, balance, foodstuff, make up kit, bread, meat, fish
Cooler, wrapper head tie, snacks, take away...

I don pick things tire

Last year 24 December that's how they forget mini bag of rice and 4 litters of oil

Uptill now I don't know the owner grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Forgotten Your Change With A Bus Conductor? by Weneda(m): 4:39pm On Mar 16, 2021
Ademola47:
If you live in Lagos and you use public transport, you are more likely to have once forgot your change with the bus conductor.

There are 2 sides to it:
1. The conductor might forget to give you change and you as well will not remember to ask

2. He might deliberately hold on to the change so that you will forget it.

Whichever way, the money is gone.
It will be more painful if the money is the last money with you.

Mine happened around 2018 December. I gave the conductor #500 for a #150 fare from Ikeja Along to Abule-Egba. When I discovered I've forgot the change, I had to trek(a distance of #250).

How did you sort yourself out?
So tell us how it went.
Not only forgetting but ran away with it
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten Your Change With A Bus Conductor? by BOYLOVABLE1(m): 4:40pm On Mar 16, 2021
grin

As a tricycle operator, if I should tell you how careless and doom some people are especially the woman.

What will they won't forget, phones, purse, balance, foodstuff, make up kit, bread, meat, fish
Cooler, wrapper head tie, snacks, take away...

I don pick things tire

Last year 24 December that's how they forget mini bag of rice and 4 litters of oil

Uptill now I don't know the owner grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG Makes U-Turn, Says No Timeframe On Resumption Of Emirate Flights / I Need Suggestions On Travelling With An Expired Passport. / How Foreign Airlines Partly Repatriated $802m ‘trapped Funds’ From Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.