Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,537 members, 7,885,203 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 05:26 AM

""you Are Free To Sing"" - a poem about true Nigeria system - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / ""you Are Free To Sing"" - a poem about true Nigeria system (405 Views)

EID, A Poem About Sallah By Pat Ashinze / TEMI {MINE} All About True Love And True Betrayal! By Temioluwa Kenny / "Nwa Nnam" A Poem By TK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

""you Are Free To Sing"" - a poem about true Nigeria system by Wisemfon(m): 1:51pm On Mar 15, 2021
"You are free to sing"

You can speak, you can sing!
You all are free!
To tune the tune of your pipe
And pour your heart, with all your heart
Into the melodious tempo
Swift or slow, you're free.
Singers, sing your songs
Suprano, alto, teno, bass
Even croaking baritone
If you have more, join the chorus!
You all are free!

You all are free!
Harmonize your grief
Let your lips proclaim the elegy
With ink, make the lyrics
To the kings, on the streets
Pour your heart, with all your heart
And publish the injustice
Sing to the air, tweet out the crimes
You all are free!

You can speak, you can Sing!
You all are free!
Let it ascend in sharp crescendo
Let it be heard, even beyond
Let your coin cling, Let it blast ears
Pour you wealth, with all your heart
Into the solo, into your egoistic songs
Let other bands cease, Let it echo …
You will be heard, in distant lands
You all are free!

You all are free!
Groan your anguish, moan the chorus
Let silver instruments play the music,
If it's not enough, pay backup.
Or listen to the increasing diminuendo,
As it fade and die with your throat;
Even with your life sing the song,
Pour your heart, with all your heart!
You all are free!

ⓒWISDOM MFON
(wisemfon)
all right reserved

Major analysis:
Freedom Of Speech: Everyone Has Voice But Money Is The Volume

Of all the fundamental rights of every citizens in Nigeria, freedom of speech is what baffled me most. Sometimes ago, I thought Nigerians' masses do not have voice; but I have come to realized that, WE ALL HAVE VOICE; BUT MONEY IS THE VOLUME That will make our voice to be heard.

If you don't have money your voice is soundless, hence, "the higher the amount of money you have, the higher the volume of your voice" and vice versa.

Some people express their freedom of speech to themself alone, some to family members, some to friends, some on social media, some to to their leaders, some to younger/older people, some to the world. It's either heard or heard only to a certain levels or go unheard (all depending on your account balance).

this is a country we leave in. I weep for Nigeria... This is why only the rich make decision for the masses...

YOU HAVE A VOICE?? WHAT ABOUT THE VOLUME??
Re: ""you Are Free To Sing"" - a poem about true Nigeria system by Wisemfon(m): 2:39pm On Apr 03, 2021
Please... mynd22
lalasticlala
Re: ""you Are Free To Sing"" - a poem about true Nigeria system by Wisemfon(m): 5:03pm On Sep 13, 2021
lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

Pls Help Before I Lose My Mind / I've Got Over 12 Gig Of Glo Data For Sale, For Glo Users / Thirty, Above And Single( A Book)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.