Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,545 members, 7,885,238 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 06:29 AM

Entrepreneur, Alhaji Surajudeen Lasisi, Seeks End To Insecurity - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Entrepreneur, Alhaji Surajudeen Lasisi, Seeks End To Insecurity (170 Views)

Photo Of Young Men Who Stabbed Alhaji With Big Nail In His Throat. / Lasisi Oluboyo: Khadijat My Daughter Was Killed & Buried By Boyfriend For Ritual / Killers Of Fulani Man, Alhaji Moggogo, Arrested & Handcuffed To Hospital Bed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Entrepreneur, Alhaji Surajudeen Lasisi, Seeks End To Insecurity by Nobody: 6:25pm On Mar 15, 2021
Entrepreneur, Alhaji Surajudeen Lasisi, seeks end to insecurity

A Lagos-based entrepreneur and Chief Executive Officer of Azukem Group, Alhaji Surajudeen Adesina Lasisi, has said that the federal government must step up its fight against all manner of security challenges threatening the foundation of the country.

Alhaji Suraju Lasisi said that it is so disheartening that the problem of insecurity is worsening day by day in the country with reported daily killings, kidnapping, banditry among other security infractions.

The Ijebu-Ode-born entrepreneur said that no patriotic Nigerian would be happy on the account of bloodletting and innocent souls that are being sent to their early graves due to the various shades of insecurity bedeviling the country.

Giwa Lasisi who was speaking in an interview with our Correspondent said that the time is now for all hands to be on deck to ensure that peace reigns supreme in every part of the nation as no meaningful development and growth can be evident in a chaotic environment.

The entrepreneur said "honestly as someone who is so passionate about Nigeria and has for over a decade been contributing to her economic prosperity and development, I am worried just like many others too that the challenges of insecurity is getting out of control in the country.

"The impression that nowhere is now safe in the country can spell doom for our economy as it can scare away investors, both foreign and local as well as business partners and thereby worsening the country's rising problem of unemployment and poverty".

He said "I think it's about time the federal government who controls all the security agencies stop foot dragging when it comes to tackling the problems of insecurity. The federal government must step up its game, it should organise a security summit where every stakeholder will offer their suggestions on how best to tackle this problem.

"It is so disturbing that the herders with whom we used to share friendship in the past and who at that time were only interested in grazing their cows are now at the centre of part of the insecurity challenges. President Buhari should please wake up and do the needful before it is too late".

Alhaji Lasisi disclosed further that "it is my considered opinion that the federal government should stop negotiating with the bandits, rather it should deploy its military arsenal to deal decisively with any group of criminals terrorising any part of the country, it sounds so ridiculous each time I read that the government is negotiating with the bandits. I see such move as sheer encouragement for the criminal elements to get emboldened".

The oil and gas merchant also warned that rather than wasting fund on repairing the country's old refineries which has yielded little or nothing, the Federal government should concentrate efforts on constructing new refineries that would not only help in providing employment but also guarantee steady supply of petroleum products and eased the suffering of all Nigerians.

"Time is now for the federal government to build new refineries so that we can stop importation of what ordinarily we have in abundance here".

(1) (Reply)

Consult A Private Detective Today / Harold Ekwerekwu Still Remains The Legitimate Okposieke Family Lawyer-nnabuenyi / Bursted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.