Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,448 members, 7,891,883 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 09:53 PM

Fasoranti Steps Down As Ayo Adebanjo Named Afenifere Acting Leader - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fasoranti Steps Down As Ayo Adebanjo Named Afenifere Acting Leader (438 Views)

Afenifere Annuls Adebanjo’s Acting Leader Role, Elders Caucus Emerges / Asiwaju Bola Tinubu Visit Afenifere Acting Leader Chief Ayo Adebanjo (photos) / Kehinde Fasoranti: How Funke Olakunrin, My Sister, Was Killed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fasoranti Steps Down As Ayo Adebanjo Named Afenifere Acting Leader by Nobody: 2:12pm On Mar 16, 2021
... Could this mean a more United front for the Yoruba Socio-political group?

Chief Ayo Adebanjo has been named as the Acting leader of the Yoruba sociopolitical group, Afenifere.

The leader of the group, Chief Reuben Fasoranti, who dropped this hint during the meeting of the group in Akure, the Ondo state capital, said it’s time for him to step down.

Fasoranti said the development became necessary “as the group needs more than ever before to have an improved organisation with more effective approach to combat the monstrous invasion of our culture and pride as a people.

“Only a more alike and active leadership can achieve this. At 95, I am hardly able to provide such and so, it is time for me to step aside.

“At this junction, I am proud to announce Chief Ayo Adebanjo, a politician of the Awolowo school of thought as acting leader of Afenifere and His Royal Highness, Oba Oladipo Olaitan, the Alaago of Kajola Ago in Atakumosa East Local Government Area, as the Deputy Leader.

It would be recalled that the former leader of the group, Senator Abraham Adesanya, in 2008 named Fasoranti as the leader of Afenifere

Details later……

https://tribuneonlineng.com/breaking-fasoranti-steps-down-as-afenifere-leader-ayo-adebanjo-named-as-acting-leader/

Re: Fasoranti Steps Down As Ayo Adebanjo Named Afenifere Acting Leader by Nobody: 3:08pm On Mar 16, 2021
H
Re: Fasoranti Steps Down As Ayo Adebanjo Named Afenifere Acting Leader by Maxymilliano(m): 3:39pm On Mar 16, 2021
Only a more alike and active leadership can achieve this. At 95, I am hardly able to provide such and so, it is time for me to step aside.

This is an attribute of a good and selfless leader, typical Nigerian will want to die i that position rather than bow out when the ovation is loudest.
Re: Fasoranti Steps Down As Ayo Adebanjo Named Afenifere Acting Leader by CaptainAyub: 4:09pm On Mar 16, 2021
The original Afenifere with Yinka Odumakin as PRO.
The only truth sayers in Yoruba land.
Thhiefnuubu has found it impossible to pocket these ones.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fasoranti Steps Down As Ayo Adebanjo Named Afenifere Acting Leader by Nobody: 9:13pm On Mar 16, 2021
BabaOwen:
H

Baba Oweny, H na wetin

(1) (Reply)

Gov. Umahi Endorses Moghalu For Governor Of Anambra State (photos) / BREAKING: APC Ijumu Suspends Hon. Taofiq Isa / The Many Faces Of Isa Ali Ibrahim Pantami

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.