Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,508 members, 7,978,694 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 12:35 PM

Bill Seeking Powers To Summon President, Governors Scales 2nd Reading - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bill Seeking Powers To Summon President, Governors Scales 2nd Reading (207 Views)

Bill Seeking Six-Year Single Term For President, Governors Scales First Reading / Femi Falana: Senate Has No Power To Summon President, Governors (2018) / Reps To Bar Courts From Sacking President, Governors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bill Seeking Powers To Summon President, Governors Scales 2nd Reading by Ukpaka: 2:39pm On Mar 16, 2021
Bill seeking powers to summon President, Governors scales 2nd reading
http://247ureports.com/2021/03/bill-seeking-powers-to-summon-president-governors-scales-2nd-reading/
-
A bill for an Act to alter the 1999 Constitution to grant the National Assembly and State Houses of Assembly powers to summon the President and Governors has scaled second reading at the House of Reps.

Rep. Sergius Ogun (PDP–Edo) who sponsored the bill in his argument on Tuesday in Abuja said the doctrine of separation of power must be upheld.

He said that the basic doctrine closely related to the exercise of legislative powers in a democracy was the doctrine of separation of powers.

Ogun said that such law would help to invite the President and Governors to answer questions on issues of national security.
Re: Bill Seeking Powers To Summon President, Governors Scales 2nd Reading by warripekin(m): 2:53pm On Mar 16, 2021
Bubu will never show up , if you like summon him a million times

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bill Seeking Powers To Summon President, Governors Scales 2nd Reading by budaatum: 2:55pm On Mar 16, 2021
such law would help to invite the President and Governors to answer questions on issues of national security.

Nigeria can be very funny sometimes.

If I pass law saying I can invite you to my house will you by force accept my invitation and come to visit me?
Re: Bill Seeking Powers To Summon President, Governors Scales 2nd Reading by budaatum: 2:56pm On Mar 16, 2021
warripekin:
Bubu will never show up , if you like summon him a million times

Imagine it was Obasanjo. Will he have shown up?
Re: Bill Seeking Powers To Summon President, Governors Scales 2nd Reading by Kriss216: 3:02pm On Mar 16, 2021
Since no one is above the law, why do we need Powers to summon an elected President or Governor?

(1) (Reply)

Africa’s Financial Security Lies In Agriculture – Minister / Governor Sanwo Olu Commissioned Igbogbo: Bayeku Ultra-modern LCDA Complex / Nigerians Are Better Off Together, Says Buhari At Tinubu Colloquium

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.