Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,931 members, 7,872,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 06:22 AM

Have You Ever Lose A Dream Job Before? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Have You Ever Lose A Dream Job Before? (10210 Views)

I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR / How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job / Have You Quit Your Job Before Because You Were Fed Up? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Lose A Dream Job Before? by Joydan95: 11:28pm On Mar 20, 2021
Idamond:

Leave the man him wan bring tribalism.

Can u imagine what he's saying my "children"
So he's spoiling his children mind to hate other tribes
You can imagine
Re: Have You Ever Lose A Dream Job Before? by jasonex4(m): 11:34pm On Mar 20, 2021
signature2012:
I did.
2006 I was offered a job without writing any test,interview or screening.

It was an oil company in PH(NAOC).
My then girlfriend did the connection for me.
Her dad was a director in the same organisation.
Her brother was a top personnel in HR.
Unfortunately out of fear of Niger Delta militancy and kidnapping of oil workers back then,I rejected the job.
Well,for good 3 years,I suffered it!

Abeg u still get the connection?? Make u run am for me... I nor mind make de kidnap ms sef

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Lose A Dream Job Before? by signature2012(m): 12:19am On Mar 21, 2021
jasonex4:

Abeg u still get the connection?? Make u run am for me... I nor mind make de kidnap ms sef

Lol...That was 15 years ago nah.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Lose A Dream Job Before? by esmarcq(m): 12:40am On Mar 21, 2021
Not gonna lie, I'm going through one right now, got the job before, got sick during training and had to go treat myself, came back, did all the necessary steps from start and was denied entry at the final round due to my previous sickness and have been adviced not to apply ever again, it has been traumatic and depressing ,but one has to move on with life. All my life I've dreamt of retiring in this job, quite unfortunate that story has ended. Onward together!

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Lose A Dream Job Before? by HacheNoire: 12:44am On Mar 21, 2021
bolkay4:
You can't lose what you don't have.

You are brilliant!

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Lose A Dream Job Before? by Jeffyblaq(m): 5:13am On Mar 21, 2021
Losing a massive pay job is damn depressing n heartbreaking..

In d year, 2019, lost a job of 950k monthly pay for Street Lighting installation Contract ..due to failure to do my degree attestation from the Ministry of Foreign affairs.

It wasn't a good year for me as it took me dayz to become myself.

Thank God for today..

His timing is just more than PERFECT!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Lose A Dream Job Before? by jasonex4(m): 5:28am On Mar 21, 2021
signature2012:

Lol...That was 15 years ago nah.

cry cry cry cry
Re: Have You Ever Lose A Dream Job Before? by Aremu01(m): 6:07am On Mar 21, 2021
I am not even sure if I lost the job. Its dangote refinery! Did the test! interview! Group Discussion and psychometry test and till today no communication..Wheb I managed to reach then they said they have me on wait list since 2016. Its well. I have moved on

Another one! Dangote Cement, after passing through series of test and travelling to lagos, and after calling me twice to prepare for resumption! only to receive mail that I am too old for them.
What does that even mean

I wonder if those HR puts themselves in candidates shoe at all

Thanks be to Yahweh who never disappoints His own. I am not even sure if to call what I have presently a job but with how comfortable I am today! It wouldn't have been possible if I were employed with those companies.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Lose A Dream Job Before? by airsaylongcome: 6:37am On Mar 21, 2021
Lost a ₦22m pa jump in 2018. 4 months after resuming
Re: Have You Ever Lose A Dream Job Before? by jasonex4(m): 6:52am On Mar 21, 2021
If i de read una comments i de weak o...

I have never even gotten any job offer since i graduated 2016, so yes, i have never gotten a job, talk more of losing one

I need a job urgently.... please help
Re: Have You Ever Lose A Dream Job Before? by Nobody: 7:02am On Mar 21, 2021
oma19:

to fulfill all protocol and she even came late

A friend of mine got a job in a certain company because he knows the regional manager, he even smoked some weed that morning before he went for the interview. Only 2 were picked himself and some other lady who knew someone as well. Job search in Nigeria is an endless raise, don't just sit at home applying for jobs, get something doing, a skill or anything. There are some jobs, though the salary may be small, the money you make on the side will be 2 - 3 times your salary.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Lose A Dream Job Before? by JimmySnow: 7:30am On Mar 21, 2021
My case was sad. I did four different interviews in a company within one year including lockdown period video online, the last was conducted on Skype in October last year. Til date, nothing from this multinational coy. I contacted the prof. that headed the department, He indirectly used is Whatzapp status to tell me to look to the future. I don't want to be negative but I had lost hope. Nepotism was involved. I can't blame anybody cause I met the link on the stress. Best interviews ever done.
Re: Have You Ever Lose A Dream Job Before? by exposition: 7:59am On Mar 21, 2021
oma19:
Yes I have, but not my fault is just because I don't speak certain language or from a particular region.
I was called for a job interview only to find out the manager has a candidate so why invite others.
how can you loose a job you didn't have in the first place

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Lose A Dream Job Before? by ikenna44: 8:06am On Mar 21, 2021
I studied accounting... With the main goal of working with pwc... When I was much younger, an uncle of mine subconsciously planted that thought in my head... He made it seem like pwc was the only thing that mattered in accounting!

Fast forward to 2013... Graduate trainee... I passed the online test, the verification test, document verification... Only to get to the panel interview and I literally froze!

I still fight myself till this day...

Then I tell myself this lie... As at the time I went for that interview I had already started working for a company (where I still work till date) and my supervisor then was a terrorist! We kind of had a fight that morning before I left the office for the interview... I like to pretend and tell myself that she (my supervisor) caused me to freeze at the interview. The lie makes me feel good about myself. grin

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Lose A Dream Job Before? by blaze83(m): 8:14am On Mar 21, 2021
signature2012:
I did.
2006 I was offered a job without writing any test,interview or screening.

It was an oil company in PH(NAOC).
My then girlfriend did the connection for me.
Her dad was a director in the same organisation.
Her brother was a top personnel in HR.
Unfortunately out of fear of Niger Delta militancy and kidnapping of oil workers back then,I rejected the job.
Well,for good 3 years,I suffered it!

Please sir, connect me na if possible...I have oil and gas experience and Certifications/training already
Re: Have You Ever Lose A Dream Job Before? by authority2006(m): 8:18am On Mar 21, 2021
I saw my letter of appointment into the civil defence corps with my naked eye in Abuja Gwagalada office. Only for the registration officer (a police officer) in charge of my state to refuse giving me my letter, claiming that I wasn't supposed to be a graduate. I left and moved on, though it hurt. Today, I look back and I'm glad he did
Re: Have You Ever Lose A Dream Job Before? by Canberra55: 2:01pm On Mar 21, 2021
countryman13:
I missed mine coz d date of d last interview was d same date I got married
man this musta been hard pill to swallow.
Re: Have You Ever Lose A Dream Job Before? by Samunosuke(m): 6:28pm On Mar 22, 2021
TCD:
Yes once lost a dream job because I didn't have nysc certificate.

Got the job two weeks to my NYSC ending and they agreed to wait for me. Only for NYSC to postpone POP by 1 month. I ended up losing the job as they couldn't wait anymore. I wanted to die embarassed

But looking back, I am glad I didn't get that job, because I ended up getting a better one that was instrumental in boosting my career. Makes me believe the saying that everything happens for a reason

Are you my doppelgänger? Your comment applies 100% to me.
Re: Have You Ever Lose A Dream Job Before? by Angy55(f): 6:52pm On Mar 22, 2021
Yes, this year January.

Till date I don't know what happened. But I have moved on.
Re: Have You Ever Lose A Dream Job Before? by Yinksy09(m): 8:06pm On Mar 22, 2021
No job is stable especially in our country but what we need to know is that investment and savings is the eight way to go. While you work even as an entrepreneur please try and save or invest.
For anyone that wants to save and start something later , guess what? I just found out that, when you save daily on iNest you get up to 100,000 naira for free without any hassle.

Simply use a non FCMB card and you stand a chance to be a winner, this is #ATokenOfLove to you all #iNest

https://fcmb.com/inest-challenge/

Re: Have You Ever Lose A Dream Job Before? by iamclime(m): 11:13pm On Mar 22, 2021
esmarcq:
Not gonna lie, I'm going through one right now, got the job before, got sick during training and had to go treat myself, came back, did all the necessary steps from start and was denied entry at the final round due to my previous sickness and have been adviced not to apply ever again, it has been traumatic and depressing ,but one has to move on with life. All my life I've dreamt of retiring in this job, quite unfortunate that story has ended. Onward together!
Nigerian Navy?
Re: Have You Ever Lose A Dream Job Before? by iamclime(m): 11:14pm On Mar 22, 2021
Most of the people commenting never had the jobs in the first place. At best, they had job opportunities or prospects. You cannot lose what you don't have.
Re: Have You Ever Lose A Dream Job Before? by esmarcq(m): 12:13am On Mar 23, 2021
iamclime:

Nigerian Navy?
Yeah, that one
Re: Have You Ever Lose A Dream Job Before? by Buike8: 8:06pm On Jun 19, 2021
I don't know if this counts but I made it up to this coy's virtual interview stage but lost the job due to technical issues.
I still haven't gotten over it till now.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Neco Is Yet To Pay Me. / Unit Manager At Fortune Limited / This Lady Stood On A Queue For 30 Minutes And See What Happened:photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.