Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,759 members, 7,875,913 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 01:39 AM

Is It Polite To Go Seek For Your Girlfriend Hand In Marriage Alone? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Polite To Go Seek For Your Girlfriend Hand In Marriage Alone? (945 Views)

Is It Polite To Secretly Call My Potential Father-In -Law? / Gentlemen, It Is Not Polite To Borrow Money From A Lady - Grant Harrold / How Do I Break Up With Her In A Polite Manner? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Polite To Go Seek For Your Girlfriend Hand In Marriage Alone? by Offpoint1: 7:47pm On Mar 17, 2021
I honestly hate norms, I hate doing things the way it has always been done.

Whenever I'm ready to have a partner, I want to go seek her parents consent alone without going along with nobody.

I intend naming my kids on the first day of their birth, I'm not waiting for the 7/8 days norm.

So I want to know what's wrong going alone to seek my partner hand in marriage alone...?

2 Likes

Re: Is It Polite To Go Seek For Your Girlfriend Hand In Marriage Alone? by donbachi(m): 7:51pm On Mar 17, 2021
If ur father been try am with ur mother.she for no marry am.

5 Likes

Re: Is It Polite To Go Seek For Your Girlfriend Hand In Marriage Alone? by Kobicove(m): 7:56pm On Mar 17, 2021
Offpoint1:

Whenever I'm ready to have a partner, I want to go seek her parents consent alone without going along with nobody.

I intend naming my kids on the first day of their birth, I'm not waiting for the 7/8 days norm.

So I want to know what's wrong going alone to seek my partner hand in marriage...?

If you dare go alone to an Igbo family to seek their daughter's hand in marriage they will chase you back!

5 Likes

Re: Is It Polite To Go Seek For Your Girlfriend Hand In Marriage Alone? by Polynek(m): 7:59pm On Mar 17, 2021
Opinion is like a nose everybody get His/Her own, in my own opinion, na person introduced d idea of going in numbers, and I blv na person go still introduce d idea of going alone. Change is constant in LIFE.

6 Likes

Re: Is It Polite To Go Seek For Your Girlfriend Hand In Marriage Alone? by Offpoint1: 7:59pm On Mar 17, 2021
donbachi:
If ur father been try am with ur mother.she for no marry am.
My reply to you is your signature.

1 Like

Re: Is It Polite To Go Seek For Your Girlfriend Hand In Marriage Alone? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Mar 17, 2021
Offpoint1:

So I want to know what's wrong going alone to seek my partner hand in marriage...?

I named my last sibling on our way to the hospital after my mother was delivered of a baby. My dad gave me that privilege. We don't do that silly 7 days naming trash in my family.

1 Like

Re: Is It Polite To Go Seek For Your Girlfriend Hand In Marriage Alone? by Offpoint1: 8:06pm On Mar 17, 2021
Kobicove:

If you dare go alone to an Igbo family to seek their daughter's hand in marriage they will chase you back!
Then I'll skip the marriage and make the babies.

1 Like

Re: Is It Polite To Go Seek For Your Girlfriend Hand In Marriage Alone? by Michelle55: 8:18pm On Mar 17, 2021
You can't go alone bro..

1 Like

Re: Is It Polite To Go Seek For Your Girlfriend Hand In Marriage Alone? by Jdaughter(f): 8:37pm On Mar 17, 2021
sad
Re: Is It Polite To Go Seek For Your Girlfriend Hand In Marriage Alone? by Nazgul: 8:40pm On Mar 17, 2021
Going in numbers shows that you're serious.

You can't just walk into your girl's house and tell her father that you're interested in his daughter, they've got to be witnesses from your people to confirm your story so that your request can be taken seriously.

That's the African tradition anyways.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Polite To Go Seek For Your Girlfriend Hand In Marriage Alone? by chatinent: 9:01pm On Mar 17, 2021
It's okay if it makes you happy.

Those are nice ideas you know...

1 Like

Re: Is It Polite To Go Seek For Your Girlfriend Hand In Marriage Alone? by PrimadonnaO(f): 9:26pm On Mar 17, 2021
Deviant! cheesy

Go nau... and see if they'll give you their daughter.

7 Likes

Re: Is It Polite To Go Seek For Your Girlfriend Hand In Marriage Alone? by Offpoint1: 10:06pm On Mar 17, 2021
Nazgul:
Going in numbers shows that you're serious.

You can't just walk into your girl's house and tell her father that you're interested in his daughter, they've got to be witnesses from your people to confirm your story so that your request can be taken seriously.

That's the African tradition anyways.
Who says crowd means seriousness? I could come with my entire village and end up still being a Jackass.
It's meaningless norms/tradition.
Both family can meet on any other day for familiarity.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Polite To Go Seek For Your Girlfriend Hand In Marriage Alone? by Offpoint1: 10:07pm On Mar 17, 2021
Michelle55:
You can't go alone bro..
Why can't I? What if I find myself in a state I can't reach my relative due to distance?
Re: Is It Polite To Go Seek For Your Girlfriend Hand In Marriage Alone? by Offpoint1: 10:09pm On Mar 17, 2021
PrimadonnaO:
Deviant! cheesy

Go nau... and see if they'll give you their daughter.

It's left to me to impregnate her and make them beg for me to come or even zoom them at this point.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Polite To Go Seek For Your Girlfriend Hand In Marriage Alone? by Nazgul: 10:22pm On Mar 17, 2021
Offpoint1:

Who says crowd means seriousness? I could come with my entire village and end up still being a Jackass.
It's meaningless norms/tradition.
Both family can meet on any other day for familiarity.
It's tradition that's what I meant. Same way paying of bride price is, no matter how useless it sounds to you, whether you like it or not, you have to go with at least one elder in your family cos tradition demands you're not the one to do the talking, the elder is, that's when you will be given a listening ear.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Polite To Go Seek For Your Girlfriend Hand In Marriage Alone? by Erojepromise(f): 10:24pm On Mar 17, 2021
Offpoint1:

It's left to me to impregnate her and make them beg for me to come or even zoom them at this point.
and if she doesn't agree to sleep with you nko? will you force her..? it's tradition an age long tradition just abide by it since you want to settle down
Re: Is It Polite To Go Seek For Your Girlfriend Hand In Marriage Alone? by Biyonce(f): 10:38pm On Mar 17, 2021
Stingy boy, spend this money
Re: Is It Polite To Go Seek For Your Girlfriend Hand In Marriage Alone? by KidDarkness(m): 10:38pm On Mar 17, 2021
Erojepromise:

and if she doesn't agree to sleep with you nko? will you force her..? it's tradition an age long tradition just abide by it since you want to settle down
What if she agrees? Anyway, i'm coming to your hometown but i don't want only your hand
Re: Is It Polite To Go Seek For Your Girlfriend Hand In Marriage Alone? by Erojepromise(f): 10:48pm On Mar 17, 2021
undecided
KidDarkness:

What if she agrees? Anyway, i'm coming to your hometown but i don't want only your hand
Re: Is It Polite To Go Seek For Your Girlfriend Hand In Marriage Alone? by Liposure: 10:59pm On Mar 17, 2021
Going alone will further dent your chances of acceptance. You cannot bypass tradition.
Re: Is It Polite To Go Seek For Your Girlfriend Hand In Marriage Alone? by 1beat(m): 2:54am On Mar 18, 2021
I doubt if you are aged for marriage marriage is relationship between two family
Re: Is It Polite To Go Seek For Your Girlfriend Hand In Marriage Alone? by Offpoint1: 6:48am On Mar 18, 2021
Erojepromise:

I'm Deviant to rules, makes feels I'm in a confinement and held up by another man's idealogy of which I know no origin.

Regarding if she'll yield to my request or not... Women minds are like computer games, it might seems difficult but it can be controlled.
Re: Is It Polite To Go Seek For Your Girlfriend Hand In Marriage Alone? by Offpoint1: 6:51am On Mar 18, 2021
Liposure:
Going alone will further dent your chances of acceptance. You cannot bypass tradition.
I don't intend bypassing it, I intend to CHANGE it.
Re: Is It Polite To Go Seek For Your Girlfriend Hand In Marriage Alone? by Reex12(m): 7:38am On Mar 18, 2021
Offpoint1:

I don't intend bypassing it, I intend to CHANGE it.
You cnt neglect the counsel of the elders, it means you dont have respect for her parents, making thier daughter like a cheap commodity but if you go wit ur people it aknowledges that you honor her family
Re: Is It Polite To Go Seek For Your Girlfriend Hand In Marriage Alone? by Offpoint1: 7:44am On Mar 18, 2021
Reex12:
You cnt neglect the counsel of the elders, it means you dont have respect for her parents, making thier daughter like a cheap commodity but if you go wit ur people it aknowledges that you honor her family

Yeah! that's what they made you believe, but such arguments can't hold water.

Those who went with their families and still ended up divorcing, that's high level of respect right?

Respect is earned and not given, being married to their doesn't mean they've automatically earn my respect, they have to earn via other means.
Re: Is It Polite To Go Seek For Your Girlfriend Hand In Marriage Alone? by Reex12(m): 8:17am On Mar 18, 2021
Offpoint1:

Yeah! that's what they made you believe, but such arguments can't hold water.

Those who went with their families and still ended up divorcing, that's high level of respect right?

Respect is earned and not given, being married to doesn't mean they've automatically earn my respect, they have to earn via other means.
GIVE RESPET TO WHOM RESPECT IS DUE, whatever happens or might happen between you and thier daughter is not thier fault neither is it thier business, you asked for her hand in marraige,they didn't put a gun to your head. It is left for the couples to either fixup the marraige or walkaway.

Since you have decided to buy the cow, then you do right by the cow
Re: Is It Polite To Go Seek For Your Girlfriend Hand In Marriage Alone? by Emarvel(m): 8:57am On Mar 18, 2021
Your moniker says it all.......

(1) (Reply)

How Many Times Have You Had Sex This Month? / Is It Wrong To Hide Or Belittle Yourself To Find Wife Material? / S..x Tape: Oxlade's S 3x Tape With Unknown Lady Breaks The Internet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.