Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,204,085 members, 7,987,834 topics. Date: Monday, 28 October 2024 at 06:00 PM

Tinubu and Co Have Damaged My Candidacy- - - - -Ribadu - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu and Co Have Damaged My Candidacy- - - - -Ribadu (14197 Views)

How Wike’s Agents Invaded My Home, Damaged My Husband’s Car –ex-rivers Comm / Buhari With Babagida, Tinubu, And Obasanjo (Photos) / They Have Damaged My Candidacy, Says Ribadu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu and Co Have Damaged My Candidacy- - - - -Ribadu by CuteTj(m): 8:29am On Apr 15, 2011
This news that Ribadu has agreed to step down for Buhari is false. It is not official, i dont know where 234 got this news from. Eventually if Ribadu even agrees to stepdown for Buhari it is the right decision bearing in mind that he just joined politics some months to the elections, this is Buhari's last election and dont forget Ribadu is younger than him so therefore he can wait till 2015 and beyond. Tinubu's is not the devil that he is being potrayed though he's a bad guy. He alone shouldn't be allowed to have the final say because he always wishes to control everything. All the same Tinubu is a good and brave guy and always wish well for the people except the opposition(PDP).
Re: Tinubu and Co Have Damaged My Candidacy- - - - -Ribadu by teskyg: 8:35am On Apr 15, 2011
No matter how we look at it,Bakare and Fola Adeola have soiled their names, A Bakare or Fola Adeola is better than a Buhari or Ribadu.Buhari that wants to fight corruption also want to settle for a Tinubu as a VP?The have nailed their own coffin,

The handwriting is on the wall, You can imajine,Bakare,a so call Man of God to sign a postdated resignation letter.I wish the alliance for Go through.We could have witness a night of a thousand laugh, you mean say after Bakare smell ASO Villa,Tinubu go come tell am say make him resigned, I no dey laugh oh
Re: Tinubu and Co Have Damaged My Candidacy- - - - -Ribadu by CuteTj(m): 8:54am On Apr 15, 2011
I dont blame the ACN for their actions. In this case ACN is the senior partner here so even if they give Buhari their support for the presidency and ask for the vice presidency and they are not given they have nothing to lose. If they cant get Bakare to stepdown before the election because the law doesnt permit the exchanging of candidates 48 to an election so if BB eventually wins getting Bakare to step down after that is not bad. That is how the ACN can only gain in this case not by agreeing to share the government 50:50. Although other Nigerians that are not politically minded wouldn't understand the reasons the ACN demanded that Bakare should stepdown for them and asking him to sign a postdated letter of his resignation. I still say ACN has done no wrong here,they are just trying to protect their territory.
Re: Tinubu and Co Have Damaged My Candidacy- - - - -Ribadu by vicenzo(m): 8:55am On Apr 15, 2011
Hahaha!! Here comes the deranged fake itsekiri man with 100 monikers,speaking through his anus.

History has a way of repeating itself because somethings never change,substitute ribadu for ojukwu,buhari cpc for gowon's nigeria,tinubu ACN fo awo's west  and you get a vague picture of what happened before the war.Tinubu have realized that buhari brings more to the table than ribadu,just like awo realized that gowon brought more than ojukwu,support buhari as a vp and reposition to take the presidency when the buhari is through,for awo the game is support gowon and reposition to become the president.

Tinubu is bound to fail just like awo did.
jason123:

Who is this fo.ol that always brings the civil war into the political section Are you a mad man
Re: Tinubu and Co Have Damaged My Candidacy- - - - -Ribadu by haboosa(m): 9:41am On Apr 15, 2011
An inside source said the CPC needs Fashola as the V.P but Tinubu reject the offer because of his selfish interest , he new Fashola will not dance to his tunes immediately he becomes the V.P , Asiwaju must be a selfish Man angry angry angry, <smiley that wont stop me from voting for maigaskiya whom i believe Nigeria will change in his reign smiley smiley smiley
Re: Tinubu and Co Have Damaged My Candidacy- - - - -Ribadu by olivetti: 9:45am On Apr 15, 2011
Progressed? Hmmmm , it depends on what you mean progress.

No one can really progress if the country operates a unitary structure.  The key infrastructures that where erected during the "progress era" was a result of federal presence in Lagos. It is normal for the other closer states to feed of this good fortune by virtue of proximity. Still, if they do progress, on your assumption, as the others retrogress, the folks would tend to migrate into the areas where progress is at. I think we have to be careful about this so called progress.

At a point, South Westerns, and I mean their politicians have to develop a clout that departs completely from  Awolowo's playbook that takes the time and the seasons into account in a way that if forward looking and also considers the reality of the complexity of the Nigerian federation.  Tinubu and his ilk lack the vision and  someone that can appeal to the realities and needs of the moment without the vestiges of the sentiments of frustrated enterprise called Nigeria, but with a smart agenda that sees Nigeria beyond ethnic enclaves and as a multicultural framework that the British handed down that needs an holistic appraisal beyond the regional vision, but a  bridging vision that considers the many fractures within it.

So far the Nigerian political experiment, even though evolving has been slow to catch up, and its people have not understood the many dynamics of a nation. The politicians have not worked hard enough to understand the need for cross-over politics. I guess a new generation of Nigerians must step up and careless about ethnicity to male it pay on the long run, and not in the short term.

And by the way, I am Yoruba, yet I catch the vision that Nigeria if it must survive would need a blending of ideas across its national landscape. The military politicians understand this reality and have used it to hold the people hostage because they have shown more discipline and strategy because of the specialty of their training.

For more than 50 years now, the South West has never knowingly voted with the governing party, except for June 12 (Abiola factor), 2003 (when AD enteerd into an ill fated pact with PDP).

Yorubas are almost always in oposition and it is in opposition that they have made their greatest progress - think Awolowo regimes. Lagos state has voted with opposition since 1999, yet remains one of the most pregressive states in the land.

While ACN needs to take whatever opportunity arises at the national level, the South West can, and will continue to progress without the Federal govt. They dont need any Federal power.
Re: Tinubu and Co Have Damaged My Candidacy- - - - -Ribadu by dvd(f): 9:46am On Apr 15, 2011
In 1985,IBB was the president of Nigeria and our Teacher told us about Buhari the former President.

Then our Teacher again told us that we are the leaders of tomorrow

25 years later, IBB and Buhari are still contesting for President.

It's either our teacher lied to us about us being the leaders of tommorrow

OR TOMORROW never still reach, Which one na??
Re: Tinubu and Co Have Damaged My Candidacy- - - - -Ribadu by novexme(m): 9:48am On Apr 15, 2011
Wats all d fuss about, if u all re saying tinubu is bad, n dat fashola is an errand boy, den let it be at least lagos is working better dan the whole country. Secondly y do u gus like jumping into conclusion, u've jst heard d news from one paper nnu takin it as being conclusive. Get more info b4 u judge anyone. Ribadu still told buhari to step down for him, but he refused even logicaly ACN has d highest number of states after PDP, so y should CPC ve d controlling power to choose a candidate. Though buhari is older dan Ribadu, its not bout age but those backing u. Not d likes of Atiku n Ibb who re backing buhari. Goodluck na d man jo im jaz dey work well make e rub off on nigeria!!!!!!
Re: Tinubu and Co Have Damaged My Candidacy- - - - -Ribadu by 3kay945(m): 10:00am On Apr 15, 2011
i never knew politics could be so interesting even after leaving school, to be sincere am really enjoying this , bb all the way sha. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Tinubu and Co Have Damaged My Candidacy- - - - -Ribadu by Lukenzo: 10:19am On Apr 15, 2011
I think Shekarahu of ANPP should also step down for General Muhammadu Buhari (CPC) in the interest the good people of Nigeria. We really need Genearal Buhari, he is transparent, above all, he has the number one quuality which most of our past leaders lack, sincererity of purpose.

Please Goodluck Jonathan have nothing to offer us. With the little few months approximatly close to a year in office he should have amde the difference to convince Nigerians to vote for him but he failed galantly.

Adams Oseomole of Edo (ACN) promise the people of EDO STATE that he will prove the difference in just 90 days in office and now he is earning the dividened by getting the vote of his people in last week election, now most sincere Edo indigenes will tell you he had perform much more than even Lucky Igbinedion who spent 8 years with nothing to show for it.

Buhari is the only Chairman of NNPC who do not have a single petrol station or a refinary for himself. he headed PTF and left with huge amount of money which is very rear character of our leaders and reduced Nigeria fiscal policy from 24% to about 4%. That is the kind of mind-leader Nigeria needs at this time.

godfatherism in ACN is yielding better product and good than that of the - papa decieving pickin (PDP) party so please let join hand to vote en masse for BUHARI in respective of party, religion, ethnic or region.

, Buhari all the way!
Re: Tinubu and Co Have Damaged My Candidacy- - - - -Ribadu by Bibankee: 10:30am On Apr 15, 2011
Glad the coalition didn't work,dr'l b clash of interest.At this point, am thinkg BB undecided undecided
Re: Tinubu and Co Have Damaged My Candidacy- - - - -Ribadu by 1025: 10:47am On Apr 15, 2011
I have said before that this Tinubu guy is so selfish. If this Ribadu guy wins (GF) he will just be an errand boi for tinubu.

@beaf,
just as ur jonathan is to the almight criminals of this nation.
whatever tinubu is can be seen in the new lagos state and it is the prayer of everyone to have his or her state be like lagos.
lagos govt is 100% better than the nigerian govt of pdp.
Tinubu can be everything but he is 100% better than pdp and their criminalities.
ur father(jonathan) called him a rascal but today, he is dying to get the suport of this same rascal and u don't see that as hypocrisy?
if Tinubu is not doing well, why is the pdp states falling for him? my prayer is that we even sale my state (imo) to him because he has proved that he can make a difference. when he choosed fashola, we were all crying trembling but today, which pdp gov can stand before fashola?
Re: Tinubu and Co Have Damaged My Candidacy- - - - -Ribadu by happyday: 10:55am On Apr 15, 2011
This is unconfirmed and untrue report!Ribadu Is Still Very Much In The Race!

Goodluck Jonathan wouldbe the winner,no doubts!
Re: Tinubu and Co Have Damaged My Candidacy- - - - -Ribadu by hardbody: 11:01am On Apr 15, 2011
Re: Tinubu and Co Have Damaged My Candidacy- - - - -Ribadu
« #134 on: Today at 09:46:26 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In 1985,IBB was the president of Nigeria and our Teacher told us about Buhari the former President.

Then our Teacher again told us that we are the leaders of tomorrow

25 years later, IBB and Buhari are still contesting for President.

It's either our teacher lied to us about us being the leaders of tommorrow

OR TOMORROW never still reach, Which one na??

This is both hilarious and smart thinking. I really laughed real hard at this. Omo me sef i tire ooo
Re: Tinubu and Co Have Damaged My Candidacy- - - - -Ribadu by richidinho(m): 11:06am On Apr 15, 2011
i said it
THEY DONT HAVE ANYTHING FOR US

TRIBAL SELFISH SENTIMENT

TIRED OF SOLDIER IN AGBADA
Re: Tinubu and Co Have Damaged My Candidacy- - - - -Ribadu by richidinho(m): 11:09am On Apr 15, 2011
I have said before that this Tinubu guy is so selfish. If this Ribadu guy wins (GF) he will just be an errand boi for tinubu.

GF = God Forbid

Bros. i hail oooo
Re: Tinubu and Co Have Damaged My Candidacy- - - - -Ribadu by oludy: 11:15am On Apr 15, 2011
Just thinking. I think Ribadu is PDP's joker for this election. It's all in the plan from day 1. Think, hard. Why did he resurface just before the elections, i maybe wrong.
Re: Tinubu and Co Have Damaged My Candidacy- - - - -Ribadu by rhymz(m): 11:28am On Apr 15, 2011
I think the theme of the thread is deliberately misleading.
However, I find the erratic nature of the southwest politicians & their brand of politics unsettling, their decisions are always based on parochial regional interests and it makes agreement with them hard to follow.
I am seriously disappointed in Ribadu, his docility since he joined the ACN has only given credence to people's fear that he lacks the the required experience, skills, finesse and control of a leader. He has let Tinubu run every aspect of his campaign like he, Ribadu does not have to do anything but just engage in small talks.
I can't believe a prospective candidate for the office of the president can be so docile and passive in matters that directly affect him and his deputy.
In negotiations such as this, the other party will be more comfortable negotiating directly with the real people involved; they want to see Ribadu take charge of the negotiations, concessions and agreements reached rathan a looming and belligerant Tinubu calling all the shots and making all the demands like he is the one that is contesting or the chairman of the party-handing down orders like he does with the ACN.
There is nothing wrong with securing the party's interest and ensuring that the other party signed a post-dated later to that effect. My problem with the whole issue is why let Tinubu take charge during the meeting like he is the one that is going to be president and then giving concessions to him directly-no wonder Bakare declined such a move vehemently knowing where that was going to lead in the end-in his ridiculous demand list, he did not even make mention of Ribadu's vice as any of the possible replacements.
One would have expected that after Tinubu, Ribadu and co would have had their own discussions before they meet with the other negotiating party, an agreement would ve been reached to let Ribadu lead the discussions with other party. Afterall, Tunde Bakare was allowed in his own party to choose whether to accept to step down or not. If CPC could allow him that right to be in one of the driver seats od the negotiations why not Ribadu and his Vice too?
This was thesame way Atiku was boxed out until he got fed up and left the party, ACN still has that heavy tribal influence that makes it difficult for non-southwesterners to follow up in the party's scheme of things without feeling alienated.
Tinubu's visible interference is looming too large for comfort
that it creates uneasiness with any other party that is negotiating with them. He needs to stay behind the scene and let others do his dirty work for him withou him getting directly involved.
May be Bakare would have been more forthcoming if those demands and concessions were seen to be directly those of Ribadu's even if they are actually Tinubu's.
Come tomorow saturday, GEJ is going to beat them hands down not just because of his popularity but also, GEJ has managed to flag the best and elaborate campaign that has a good balance of regional interests and acceptability. Who would have thought that the PDP inspite of the deliberate media witch hunt will still pull it off and still be in the majority both in the senate and house of rep.
Until the oppositions learn to put the nation's interests first before their parochial interests, the PDP will always thump them in the head during elections, rigging or no rigging.
Re: Tinubu and Co Have Damaged My Candidacy- - - - -Ribadu by efisher(m): 11:46am On Apr 15, 2011
Gbam!
Re: Tinubu and Co Have Damaged My Candidacy- - - - -Ribadu by marcus1234: 12:19pm On Apr 15, 2011
Re: Tinubu and Co Have Damaged My Candidacy- - - - -Ribadu by rhymz(m): 12:26pm On Apr 15, 2011
1025:

@beaf,
just as your jonathan is to the almight criminals of this nation.
whatever tinubu is can be seen in the new lagos state and it is the prayer of everyone to have his or her state be like lagos.
lagos govt is 100% better than the nigerian govt of pdp.
Tinubu can be everything but he is 100% better than pdp and their criminalities.
your father(jonathan) called him a rascal but today, he is dying to get the suport of this same rascal and u don't see that as hypocrisy?
if Tinubu is not doing well, why is the pdp states falling for him? my prayer is that we even sale my state (imo) to him because he has proved that he can make a difference. when he choosed fashola, we were all crying trembling but today, which pdp gov can stand before fashola?
, I may not give damn about the gibberish U keep spewing but when you start making dumb statements such as: "my prayer is that we even sale my state (imo) to him because he has proved that he can make a difference" then one is forced to question your sanity, you have to be overly dense to make such a stupid suggestion. I am from Imo state and like many Imolites we do not share your ignorant sentiments, and that's reflective in our choice during the NA elections.
Before you open your mouth to vomit ignorance, go and look up stories and facts of how Tinubu is holding the government of Fashola by the Jugular, most of the project we see in lagos state are more than %70 world bank assisted and are tied to huge interests. Do you know how indebted the lagos state government is? Yet the likes of Tinubu collects royalties from the lagos state government in the tune of billions every months for doing nothing. What exactly is Tinubu's claim to any success in lagos state? He is not Fashola, even fashola was a product of imposition, no wonder Jimi Agbaje left the party. That Fashola turned out to be a blessing in disguise does not make imposition of candidates right or Tinubu some sort of God to be the sole arbiter of who should represent what.
In Imo for instance, the story of the ACN is a big joke and an insulting slap to progressive Imo indigenes like me. Imagine the likes of Ararume Achike Udenwe and co heralding the party in the name of opposition; thesame disgruntled elemnts in the PDP are the majority in imo state ACN from the state chairman to the secretary, all PDP members, so tell me, what is the difference here?
Pls mind how you make ignorant comments jare!
Re: Tinubu and Co Have Damaged My Candidacy- - - - -Ribadu by Meldrick(m): 1:08pm On Apr 15, 2011
Any association with Tinubu will mean promotion of anti-democratic tendencies. I have said it over and over, Tinubu is one selfish man. He has an evil agenda. If he was in Obasanjo's shoes, he would have done worse.
He did not give a danm about Ribadu and Fola Adeola's feeling. Even when he accepted Buhari, why think of dropping Fola Adeola and nominating new people including himself. Tinubu wants to hold on to power or have a direct say in government.
ACN can never have my vote. I'll only vote Fashola in ACN.
No to Tinubu's dictatorship.
Re: Tinubu and Co Have Damaged My Candidacy- - - - -Ribadu by skypopson(m): 1:12pm On Apr 15, 2011
It is better that Bakare did not
sign such a letter that has intent
of criminality all over it. If
anything, as one poster has
already said-Ribadu should be
the one leading the talks with
team ACN as his backroom staff
not this  ole of tinubu.

True talk.they call it democracy not autocracy.what is it with this past leaders.ribadu was given the ticket.why was he given if he couldn't speak for himself.there should be no merger in the first place.if u want to win bring creditable leader and campagne vigorously.not some cocroaches that sekarau could defeat in a national debate.may be in 2015 fashola will come out
Re: Tinubu and Co Have Damaged My Candidacy- - - - -Ribadu by Orikinla(m): 1:20pm On Apr 15, 2011
The ACN needs the CPC in the North and the CPC needs the ACN in the West, Middle Belt and some parts of the South-South and South East.

Every vote counts in every election.

It would be a great pity if they allow some personal selfish interests to ruin their alliance.

A house divided cannot be united and without unity, instability will wreck Nigeria.
Re: Tinubu and Co Have Damaged My Candidacy- - - - -Ribadu by lastapostle2(m): 1:41pm On Apr 15, 2011
Ribabu is a puppet in the hands of Tinubu who has more leverage in ACN and so have the bargaining ace with CPC. Ribadu is a figurative clown in this chess board of political manouvere as Mr.Tinubu controls the machinery of magic of ACN in the south west where the party has strong followings
Re: Tinubu and Co Have Damaged My Candidacy- - - - -Ribadu by Akosbaba(m): 2:27pm On Apr 15, 2011
Their failure=pdp's outright victory
Re: Tinubu and Co Have Damaged My Candidacy- - - - -Ribadu by adconline(m): 3:09pm On Apr 15, 2011
I'm not a fan of PDP, but it seems it is the most organised party in Naija and it will cruise to landslide victory on Saturday. Buhari is a political opportunist like every other Naija politician. Buhari is contesting in his 3rd presidential election under 3 different parties. He could have used all those years to build a party from grassroot; instead, he is moving from one party to another; looking for already established platform. You cannot win PDP with this type of lazy political mindset and ambition. It also took last week's INEC results for him to undestand that he should have forged alliance long time ago with ACN. We are stuck with another PDP  government for 4 years.
Re: Tinubu and Co Have Damaged My Candidacy- - - - -Ribadu by kolexy(m): 6:25pm On Apr 15, 2011
@ bk.babe97y,yeswecan, EzeUche, Beaf!, koastar & co, I wonder how much you guys were paid to damage Mr Tinubu.

Tinubu has fought to establish true democracy in our country. Where was GEJ during OBJ's third term agenda? Where was GEJ during Abacha's tyranic goverment. Come on guys don't be unreasonable
Re: Tinubu and Co Have Damaged My Candidacy- - - - -Ribadu by Johns83: 6:36pm On Apr 15, 2011
Eleven Reasons Why You Should Waste Your Vote On Jonathan
April 15, 2011 - 14:36 — siteadmin
By Safiya Musa

One, he’s the kind of president that will vote N10bn for 6 federal universities but will give N30bn for the entertainment industry. They say it is a loan but is the the entertainment industry the most endangered? What about the health and education sectors?

Two, he’s the type of president that will vote N1.3bn for furniture in less than a year after his house was renovated for him and a similar amount spent by the deceased president on the same house? Insensitive? Selfish?

Three, he’s the kind of president that will provide intervention fund for the textile industry and less than one week later lift the ban on the importation of textile!

Four, he’s the kind of president that will increase the age of cars allowed into the country from 10 to 15 years when governments all over the world are spending billions to eliminate high carbon based carbon from the society because of
negative impact on the environment.

Five, he’s the kind of president that will set up six universities premised on a silly reason that every state should have one, created additional three when all the existing ones are in a state of uselessness due to huge under-funding?

Six, he’s the kind of president that will waive and allow duty free importation of rice into the country, denying our local farmers the revenue, the support and the patronage needed for growth; all in the name of politics. Even Baba Iyabo was unhappy and could not believe that we import rice with so much local production going on.

Seven, he’s the kind of president that will consider creating an airport in each state of the federation when the existing international and local ones are in ruins and taken over by goats and cows. Please visit Kano International Airport at night and see whether you won't have to read psalm 23 for safe landing.

Eight, he’s the kind of president that will spend an entire $4.5bn in excess crude oil account in less than eight months; arguing that the account is illegal but the people have not seen anything he did with the money. Na wa oh!

Nine, he’s the kind of president that will spend N10bn or N17bn on an anniversary with nothing to write home about. Ghana spent less than N200m and the impact is still on 2 years later – I still dey vex for this one!

Ten, he’s the kind of president who under the guise of raising money for election keeps the price of kerosene and AGO at over N130. Well, it’s good for the masses. Na only no queues at the filling station una dey see?

Eleven, he’s the kind of president who will spend so much money on a carnival like campaign around the country without spending time to reflect on the number of children without shoes, without books and without food. Or are poverty stricken people no more in Nigeria?
In sum, the guy does not have the capacity to lead us. Many say he’s nice. That’s true but so are children; but if we allow them to lead even our houses, we can only harvest destruction.
Besides, who wants a nice president? Nice neighbour, yes; nice wife, yes; nice friend, yes. But a nice president?
Re: Tinubu and Co Have Damaged My Candidacy- - - - -Ribadu by Limaoscar: 10:22pm On Apr 15, 2011
I definitely would have voted GEJ tomorrow if I were in Country. He is a devinely positioned under-dog and He knows He is just a perfect example of the work of Grace.

The opposition is not even strong enough, with all this last minute attempts at alliances shows they have a questionable credibility and confidence problem.

My take Vote GEJ tomorrow not because of PDP but because He will bring balance to the politics of Nigeria and will surely Listen to the electorates and remember how He got there. My 5 cents.
Re: Tinubu and Co Have Damaged My Candidacy- - - - -Ribadu by Reference(m): 10:26pm On Apr 15, 2011
I'm rather glad most people are beginning to understand this country. Corruption, corruption, corruption is our problem. I say yes, the bigger problem is structural. You will NEVER tackle corruption without tackling the very structure of this country. Until there is political equilibrium nothing will happen.

What is the common denominator here. What is it about the hausa/fulani (sorry to sound so rash) that they CANNOT accept being LED. Pat Utomi gave his support for Shekarau without even meeting him based on similar ideologies. Who has Shekarau stepped down for even when its painfully apparent he cannot win. The ACN is clearly a bigger party with better antecedents but Buhari's DNA will not permit him to aceede. Even Ribadu is bitten by the bug. Who is he without the party, but their arrogance gets the better of them ALWAYS. Three out of the four leading candidates are live within 200 miles, in a country of 150 million. When will a northerner ever step down for a southerner or a south inspired political movement. When rotation in the PDP was in place they contested freely against southern candidates, when it was supposedly their turn they wanted it exclusively, even after ruling the country for much of its history.

Now the pet dog is called 'anti corruption' because they know such issues bring about much passion. But how is he (Buhari) going to do it with all these arrogant and uncompromising posturing. If he cannot agree to a common compromise being a junior coalition partner how is he going to pass laws in a hostile house.

He is a good man no doubt but the set up is just wrong. THEY have to accept that no one or no region owns this country and we will all decide when and how to tackle Nigeria's issues. The structural problem came before and created the corruption problem so you csnt tackle one without the other.

Part of the reason the ACN succeeds is because they tackle both simultaneously. They more or less extricated their states from a very unfair and suffocating Federal control. Are we saying a Buhari led Federal government will cheer this progression? Or what type of anti-corruption do you want to preach in the Niger-Delta when the structural issues remain. Lets be realistic. Lets get proper equity in the psyche of Nigerians permanently and a sense of belonging to all before we endulge ourselves.

What is happening between the CPC and ACN proves we remain far from our ideals of equity and justice but rather still grapple with the problems of godfatherism and 'strongmanism'. Tinubu no doubt has done great things but is he an institution or not. Is he building a party or himself.

When I consider the ACN moves it reminds me of Hitler's or Napoleon's push to conquer Russia, a vast and far country. They both lost because their supply chains became too long and vulnerable. You simply cannot build a national party out of a location or a person without divolving powers along the way. To 'conquer' the east you need easterners coming in to form and forge the nucleus of the party. Tinubu cannot continue tne way he is going.

Afterall for all the developmental strides in Lagos, one thing has not changed, the economic position of the people. Even ACN cannot legislate the atmosphere.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari’s Approval Delays NNPC Director’s Appointments - PUNCH / Patience Jonathan To Drag EFCC To West African Court / PDP: Why Makarfi Faction Is Wooing Aggrieved APC Chiefs – sheriff Faction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.