Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,114 members, 7,880,457 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 06:42 PM

UNILAG VC Wins €38,000 Global Biodiversity Information Facility Grant - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNILAG VC Wins €38,000 Global Biodiversity Information Facility Grant (12571 Views)

Oluwatoyin Ogundipe Back As UNILAG VC / I Remain UNILAG VC - Ogundipe Says As Details Emerge Of Why He Was Sacked / Olukemi Odukoya and Bola Oboh Protest UNILAG VC's Removal, Attack Pro-Chancellor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNILAG VC Wins €38,000 Global Biodiversity Information Facility Grant by NobleEngineer(m): 3:48pm On Mar 20, 2021
chai

Re: UNILAG VC Wins €38,000 Global Biodiversity Information Facility Grant by doggedfighter(f): 3:49pm On Mar 20, 2021
Heart warming.

1 Like

Re: UNILAG VC Wins €38,000 Global Biodiversity Information Facility Grant by millionboi(m): 3:50pm On Mar 20, 2021
Re: UNILAG VC Wins €38,000 Global Biodiversity Information Facility Grant by luminouz(m): 3:51pm On Mar 20, 2021
Profayo:
One thing I have noticed is that these professors squander the research grants, they end up using the money for their own personal purposes.
They're being given so spend on research, to pay the research staffs and research assistants well at international rates.But they pay them peanuts, or find students to do the job for them without pay and embezzle the rests

How do you know this sir? Are you in academia?

1 Like

Re: UNILAG VC Wins €38,000 Global Biodiversity Information Facility Grant by Temptee101(m): 3:53pm On Mar 20, 2021

1 Like

Re: UNILAG VC Wins €38,000 Global Biodiversity Information Facility Grant by Legendguy(m): 4:00pm On Mar 20, 2021
LadiIshola:
Congrats Dr Tope, I hope Dr Kemabonta's proposal sails through too...

Modified:
Dr Kemabonta already got her grant for the digitization of Dragonflies in southern Nigeria. I think she's processing a second grant for the project.
She was my lecturer at Dept of zly. She should be going towards associate professor or so

1 Like

Re: UNILAG VC Wins €38,000 Global Biodiversity Information Facility Grant by supereagle(m): 4:06pm On Mar 20, 2021
Profayo:
One thing I have noticed is that these professors squander the research grants, they end up using the money for their own personal purposes.
They're being given so spend on research, to pay the research staffs and research assistants well at international rates.But they pay them peanuts, or find students to do the job for them without pay and embezzle the rests

At least he will do the job. His doctoral students can do it. There is no crime in that.

1 Like

Re: UNILAG VC Wins €38,000 Global Biodiversity Information Facility Grant by Vaughanlanrewaj: 4:35pm On Mar 20, 2021
UNILAG doing what it knows how to do best: marry town and gown like no other university in Africa.
Congratulations to the VC, his mentee and UNILAG.
Proudly Akokite! University of First Choice and the nation's price in Deed and in Truth.For latest freestuffs in Nigeria,visit www.freestuffsng.com

3 Likes

Re: UNILAG VC Wins €38,000 Global Biodiversity Information Facility Grant by Zeeknow3245(m): 4:44pm On Mar 20, 2021
Still not impressed. If you calculate all the grants Nigeria Universities have received vs how much they've utilised is not good. All I know is that it still better than east schools
Re: UNILAG VC Wins €38,000 Global Biodiversity Information Facility Grant by Bluntemperor: 4:55pm On Mar 20, 2021
bmdmix1:
congrat now watch them become a full bloody Nigerian by sharing d money for what it wasnt meant for n purchase low quality equipment to even save more money.

You are either a novice or a lazy critiques who does not know how the Higher institutions, especially the University works!
Grants are released based on a good research works and are not given for jamboree.
Many grants have supervisors-internal and external assessors to monitor how and the level of works done until the project is completed! There after the approval of the completed works,the remaining money or funds are for those who have been awarded and an appreciation.Who will work day and night that will not benefits?
Most Project are time bounded and must meet donor specific targets.The winners,a VC and another Don,should be encouraged not vilified!
Congratulations to them,the Sky is the limit!

4 Likes

Re: UNILAG VC Wins €38,000 Global Biodiversity Information Facility Grant by Howearn: 5:07pm On Mar 20, 2021
Ok
Re: UNILAG VC Wins €38,000 Global Biodiversity Information Facility Grant by bmdmix1: 5:17pm On Mar 20, 2021
Bluntemperor:

You are either a novice or a lazy critiques who does not know how the Higher institutions, especially the University works!
Grants are released based on a good research works and are not given for jamboree.
Many grants have supervisors-internal and external assessors to monitor how and the level of works done until the project is completed! There after the approval of the completed works,the remaining money or funds are for those who have been awarded and an appreciation.Who will work day and night that will not benefits?
Most Project are time bounded and must meet donor specific targets.The winners,a VC and another Don,should be encouraged not vilified!
Congratulations to them,the Sky is the limit!

u b novice b talking like who sense leave, all this ur English shows how ignorant u are.
bla bla bla guy stop being stupid there are been numerous cases of grant being used for personal life no b today u talking like u live under a rock, guy no vex me ohh
Re: UNILAG VC Wins €38,000 Global Biodiversity Information Facility Grant by bmdmix1: 5:17pm On Mar 20, 2021
Zeeknow3245:
Still not impressed. If you calculate all the grants Nigeria Universities have received vs how much they've utilised is not good. All I know is that it still better than east schools
help me ask Bluntemperor
Re: UNILAG VC Wins €38,000 Global Biodiversity Information Facility Grant by LadiIshola(m): 5:55pm On Mar 20, 2021
Legendguy:

She was my lecturer at Dept of zly. She should be going towards associate professor or so
Yeah she should, she was my external supervisor at my undergraduate project defence in LASU and my supervisor at my MSc program in UNILAG.... Very nice and wonderful woman
Re: UNILAG VC Wins €38,000 Global Biodiversity Information Facility Grant by CoolVoice(m): 6:07pm On Mar 20, 2021
It's just 20m plus in Naira.. Allow VC to flex on his hardwork oo
Re: UNILAG VC Wins €38,000 Global Biodiversity Information Facility Grant by Bluntemperor: 6:25pm On Mar 20, 2021
bmdmix1:
u b novice b talking like who sense leave, all this ur English shows how ignorant u are.
bla bla bla guy stop being stupid there are been numerous cases of grant being used for personal life no b today u talking like u live under a rock, guy no vex me ohh

Name them and their price tag or be silent forever.When you talk in public,you don't place every one in a basket,as there are always exceptions.you assumed everyone in Nigeria is a fraud! Just because Nigeria is passing through difficulties does not mean a VC of this institution will not make a difference.
Re: UNILAG VC Wins €38,000 Global Biodiversity Information Facility Grant by Legendguy(m): 7:26pm On Mar 20, 2021
LadiIshola:

Yeah she should, she was my external supervisor at my undergraduate project defence in LASU and my supervisor at my MSc program in UNILAG.... Very nice and wonderful woman
Are you currently running Msc entomology and pest mgt?
Re: UNILAG VC Wins €38,000 Global Biodiversity Information Facility Grant by bmdmix1: 7:34pm On Mar 20, 2021
Bluntemperor:

Name them and their price tag or be silent forever.When you talk in public,you don't place every one in a basket,as there are always exceptions.you assumed everyone in Nigeria is a fraud! Just because Nigeria is passing through difficulties does not mean a VC of this institution will not make a difference.
not every one is a fraud mr silencer but we are close to those kind of things, if u think will b dropping links for u put ur head under pillow
Re: UNILAG VC Wins €38,000 Global Biodiversity Information Facility Grant by abdullahi45: 7:35pm On Mar 20, 2021

1 Like

Re: UNILAG VC Wins €38,000 Global Biodiversity Information Facility Grant by thundafire: 8:02pm On Mar 20, 2021
bmdmix1:
congrat now watch them become a full bloody Nigerian by sharing d money for what it wasnt meant for n purchase low quality equipment to even save more money.
it's embezzled already. Watch baba buy new Toyota jeep
Re: UNILAG VC Wins €38,000 Global Biodiversity Information Facility Grant by harmony75: 8:10pm On Mar 20, 2021
congratulations VC � congratulations Unilag ��
Re: UNILAG VC Wins €38,000 Global Biodiversity Information Facility Grant by LadiIshola(m): 8:33pm On Mar 20, 2021
Legendguy:

Are you currently running Msc entomology and pest mgt?
Nah, did my MSc in 2016..... Ecotox
Re: UNILAG VC Wins €38,000 Global Biodiversity Information Facility Grant by Heyf: 10:39pm On Mar 20, 2021
Lol
The Dr KK messages up there.
I absolutely love that woman!
Re: UNILAG VC Wins €38,000 Global Biodiversity Information Facility Grant by Yeyeboi05(m): 2:29am On Mar 21, 2021
My VC
Re: UNILAG VC Wins €38,000 Global Biodiversity Information Facility Grant by MrIcredible: 6:30am On Mar 21, 2021
todaynewsreview:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/ssouth-west/450130-unilag-vc-wins-e38000-global-biodiversity-information-facility-grant.html
This bastard corrupt THIEF is ALWAYS winning grants. Especially refund in the last ten years.

Continue...
Your days are numbered.

(1) (2) (Reply)

UNILAG/MAU Students Drag FG To Court Over Name change / Four Best Physics Textbooks To Read For JAMB. / JAMB 2018 UTME: More Results To Be Released 19th March

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.