Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,962 members, 7,949,280 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 03:54 AM

Ibarapa Youths Storm Makinde’s Office, Protest Against Insecurity (Photo) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibarapa Youths Storm Makinde’s Office, Protest Against Insecurity (Photo) (25075 Views)

Youths Storm Plateau Assembly, Government House With Corpses (Video) / Ondo Youths Shut Down Akeredolu’s Office, Protest 'Diversion Of Funds' / Akwa Ibom Youths Storm Hotel To Arrest Imported Thugs Ahead Of Elections. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibarapa Youths Storm Makinde’s Office, Protest Against Insecurity (Photo) by dan761(m): 1:26pm On Mar 22, 2021
Insecurities should be Paramount .It's getting too much .....Save our Lives .....
Re: Ibarapa Youths Storm Makinde’s Office, Protest Against Insecurity (Photo) by duro4chang(m): 1:27pm On Mar 22, 2021
Even though the issue of insecurity is affecting almost every part on Nigeria but the Ibarapa and Oke Ogun people are really suffering. Our government at all levels are helpless. I expect Makinde to do more but it seems he is powerless.But I know that one day this issue come to an end.
Re: Ibarapa Youths Storm Makinde’s Office, Protest Against Insecurity (Photo) by Nobody: 1:30pm On Mar 22, 2021
AkalaJ:
Insecurity in Oyo State has never been this bad. Makinde should sit up before the masses change it for him. His body language and handling of the insecurity problems of the state is not encouraging at all.

People should sympathize with Makinde. He is a young man. The problem on the ground is that of the entire Yorubas. In year 2000, during Obasanjo regime, Buhari, Buba Marwa and other AREWA elders with lorries loaded of Hausa / Fulani miscreants came to Governor's office to harass and intimidate a sitting governor in his office. Buhari and his team never cared about Baba Lam Adesina or Obasanjo as President.

Today, Yoruba Council of Elders paraded jobless and senile old men while the Yoruba Traditional Institution is just for those looking for patronage of politicians, Buhari, FG contractors and those who want to sell Chieftancy titles to marry many more wives. Yorubas are in trouble.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibarapa Youths Storm Makinde’s Office, Protest Against Insecurity (Photo) by LifeOfTrigga(m): 1:35pm On Mar 22, 2021
DDDEnterprises:
Seriously, from my observation, there's still some mystery to be unravelled about these herdsmen.

A crime is perpetrated, they'll say it's herdsmen. Fulani and herdsmen leaders will deny it. Then who did it?

Or is the devil playing games with us?

===============================

By the way, you can buy affordable data such as airtel 1.5gb for N910 and GLO 2.9gb for N900 and many more. Check my signature for contact and more info.
my own be say e be like them get deal with this Fulani cos e be like na them full vote cos I no understand how them turn first class citizens but them dey live inside bush!

1 Like

Re: Ibarapa Youths Storm Makinde’s Office, Protest Against Insecurity (Photo) by Nobody: 1:40pm On Mar 22, 2021
duro4chang:
Even though the issue of insecurity is affecting almost every part on Nigeria but the Ibarapa and Oke Ogun people are really suffering. Our government at all levels are helpless. I expect Makinde to do more but it seems he is powerless.But I know that one day this issue come to an end.

There is nothing he can do. He is just a victim of circumstances.

South-West under foreign herdsmen’s invasion – Ex-DMI boss
Punch Newspaper
14 July 2019
Kindly share this story:

A former Director of the Directorate of Military Intelligence, Col. Kunle Togun (retd.), has raised the alarm that the South-West has been invaded by Fulani herdsmen from Mali, Burkina Faso, Senegal and other West African countries.

Togun also said it was unfortunate that some people were playing politics with security issues.

Speaking in an interview with SUNDAY PUNCH on Saturday, Togun said, “The Yoruba nation is under invasion and that is a fact. The entire Yorubaland has been invaded by these herdsmen and unfortunately, some people are supporting this because of political considerations.”
accused some traditional rulers of selling land to the foreign herders in the Oke-Ogun area of Oyo State.

He said the herdsmen were able to perpetrate criminal activities because they had studied the topography of the area and the psychology of the people.

He warned that selling land to them would continue to put the Yoruba people and their generations in danger.

Togun said, “Some people including traditional rulers take cows from these Fulani and settle them here. This has been happening in Oke-Ogun. They graze on people’s farms and kill anyone who complains.

We were told that there is an Oba in Atisbo Local Government Area and that these foreigners went to him with money and cows, asking him to give them land but he turned down the offer. They later went to another monarch, who collected the money and cows and he gave them land.

“These herdsmen now kill the native Fulani and rustle their cows; they rape their wives. These people are Fulani from Guinea, Mali, Burkina Faso and Niger. They come here to own Nigerian land. How can the inheritance of our future generation be given to foreigners? The whole of Oke-Ogun and Ibarapa have been invaded; the entire Yorubaland has been invaded. They have brought their youths, who are now commercial motorcyclists in Lagos. They sell carrots, fruits and all that.

“There is no village, town and city in Yorubaland that these people have not invaded and in the evening, you see the people gathering together. If there is any problem, these youths are their foot-soldiers. They have studied our topography; they have studied our movements and they know everything.”

Togun said he predicted the current situation in December 2014 when he was invited to deliver a lecture by the Development Agenda for Western Nigeria but that no action was taken on it.

Nigerians are not security-conscious people but the worst are the Yoruba. Some are looking at the issue from, religious and political views. It is unfortunate that foreigners from Mali, from Niger, from Guinea and other now own land in Nigeria,” he added.

1 Like

Re: Ibarapa Youths Storm Makinde’s Office, Protest Against Insecurity (Photo) by iddonla: 1:48pm On Mar 22, 2021
lionness:
Stop handing fulani animals to their fellow animals (Nigerian police) just do the needful. Why are oyo and opc members so dindinrin like this. Person dey kill una u dey hand them over the same police wey nor protect una. Tueh

as in..

I just tire for their dindinriness
Re: Ibarapa Youths Storm Makinde’s Office, Protest Against Insecurity (Photo) by Duplexxx: 1:50pm On Mar 22, 2021
Buffalo government should release those three opc members and Sunday aka Igboho has nothing to do with it

Animal talk
Re: Ibarapa Youths Storm Makinde’s Office, Protest Against Insecurity (Photo) by danilmo: 1:59pm On Mar 22, 2021
AkalaJ:
Insecurity in Oyo State has never been this bad. Makinde should sit up before the masses change it for him. His body language and handling of the insecurity problems of the state is not encouraging at all.

This one cannot happen under Ajimobi.. No no
Re: Ibarapa Youths Storm Makinde’s Office, Protest Against Insecurity (Photo) by gbengaadeleye12: 2:04pm On Mar 22, 2021
Yes release them confuse governor
Re: Ibarapa Youths Storm Makinde’s Office, Protest Against Insecurity (Photo) by Amalekki: 2:11pm On Mar 22, 2021
ka1y:
you people (OPC) must learn from ESN,
next time hand terrorist captured over
to God for judgement.
my regards to unknown gunmen!!
... yes propaganda is easier on paper and gets you attention online but the oppressors know better and only see you as toothless bulldogs and clowns grin
Re: Ibarapa Youths Storm Makinde’s Office, Protest Against Insecurity (Photo) by lexy2014: 2:13pm On Mar 22, 2021
Mrdeee01:
I hope Sunday igboho has no hand in this

What if he does?
Re: Ibarapa Youths Storm Makinde’s Office, Protest Against Insecurity (Photo) by Originalsly: 2:14pm On Mar 22, 2021
Hmmm.... after yearsss..... Police failed to arrest the leader.... they did... and handed him over to the Police. If they knew what to do.... no one would've been locked up facing charges and there would've been no need for this protest.
Re: Ibarapa Youths Storm Makinde’s Office, Protest Against Insecurity (Photo) by lexy2014: 2:15pm On Mar 22, 2021
DDDEnterprises:
Seriously, from my observation, there's still some mystery to be unravelled about these herdsmen.

A crime is perpetrated, they'll say it's herdsmen. Fulani and herdsmen leaders will deny it. Then who did it?

Or is the devil playing games with us?

===============================

By the way, you can buy affordable data such as airtel 1.5gb for N910 and GLO 2.9gb for N900 and many more. Check my signature for contact and more info.

Point of correction: Fulani and herdsmen leaders didn't deny it. Infact, they tried to justify it
Re: Ibarapa Youths Storm Makinde’s Office, Protest Against Insecurity (Photo) by DDDEnterprises: 2:22pm On Mar 22, 2021
lexy2014:

Point of correction: Fulani and herdsmen leaders didn't deny it. Infact, they tried to justify it

Yeah, I've seen that of recent. But the ones I used to see like how Seriki in the western region here was crying, denying the allegations of Igboho and so on.
Re: Ibarapa Youths Storm Makinde’s Office, Protest Against Insecurity (Photo) by clothingonline(m): 2:40pm On Mar 22, 2021
Seyi makinde do the needful

Affordable men clothing payment on delivery pant trousers 2k Europe designers
Re: Ibarapa Youths Storm Makinde’s Office, Protest Against Insecurity (Photo) by Funkeshuga(m): 3:43pm On Mar 22, 2021
long overdue, why would you people sit and allow those that brought peace to your communities be imprisoned without any offence

Makinde is a disgrace to Yoruba nation, Yoruba leaders are sellout
Re: Ibarapa Youths Storm Makinde’s Office, Protest Against Insecurity (Photo) by Nobody: 3:44pm On Mar 22, 2021
Makinde is a biiiigggg FAILURE.
Re: Ibarapa Youths Storm Makinde’s Office, Protest Against Insecurity (Photo) by oluphemmxzy(m): 3:51pm On Mar 22, 2021
nawa o.....this politicians no dey get brain at all
Re: Ibarapa Youths Storm Makinde’s Office, Protest Against Insecurity (Photo) by Nobody: 3:56pm On Mar 22, 2021
Unfortunately the socalled Aare Ona Kakanfo is just a weak i.mbecile.

More of a politician than a warrior.

You sent some people on a legal mission.

They were unjustly arrested and you are keeping quiet.
Re: Ibarapa Youths Storm Makinde’s Office, Protest Against Insecurity (Photo) by tamdun: 3:59pm On Mar 22, 2021
OBALOLA55:
HOW ABOUT THE ONES IN THE IDP CAMP IN BENIN REPUBLIC undecided
Face ur problem
OS.U caste system.
Marginalization of Igbo Muslims.
Baby Factory.
Cocaine drug pushing.
Awkuzu massacre.
Airlifting countless IPOB women by military.
Oyigbo massacre.
Re: Ibarapa Youths Storm Makinde’s Office, Protest Against Insecurity (Photo) by ekestic1976(f): 4:36pm On Mar 22, 2021
babaolofin:

People should sympathize with Makinde. He is a young man. The problem on the ground is that of the entire Yorubas. In year 2000, during Obasanjo regime, Buhari, Buba Marwa and other AREWA elders with lorries loaded of Hausa / Fulani miscreants came to Governor's office to harass and intimidate a sitting governor in his office. Buhari and his team never cared about Baba Lam Adesina or Obasanjo as President.

Today, Yoruba Council of Elders paraded jobless and senile old men while the Yoruba Traditional Institution is just for those looking for patronage of politicians, Buhari, FG contractors and those who want to sell Chieftancy titles to marry many more wives. Yorubas are in trouble.

I was expecting to hear from you, Ass-licker. You always give excuse to failure. What had age got to do with being a Governor?
Re: Ibarapa Youths Storm Makinde’s Office, Protest Against Insecurity (Photo) by Nobody: 5:25pm On Mar 22, 2021
ekestic1976:

I was expecting to hear from you, Ass-licker. You always give excuse to failure. What had age got to do with being a Governor?

You expected to hear from me and you have heard from me. The problem at Okeogun is a Yoruba problem and that is why I posted an intelligence report on the situation as at 2019 from Colonel Togun (rtd).
Re: Ibarapa Youths Storm Makinde’s Office, Protest Against Insecurity (Photo) by EMMY76: 5:36pm On Mar 22, 2021
Yet some stupid nigerians are. critizing esn for doing the needful in SE forests. undecided
Re: Ibarapa Youths Storm Makinde’s Office, Protest Against Insecurity (Photo) by faste: 6:33pm On Mar 22, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr Wait o Up till now them never still release those 3 opc members that captured wakili
A Real niggarrr is shocked
Enyoy your one nigeria.
Re: Ibarapa Youths Storm Makinde’s Office, Protest Against Insecurity (Photo) by faste: 6:37pm On Mar 22, 2021
Re: Ibarapa Youths Storm Makinde’s Office, Protest Against Insecurity (Photo) by ekestic1976(f): 6:44pm On Mar 22, 2021
babaolofin:

You expected to hear from me and you have heard from me. The problem at Okeogun is a Yoruba problem and that is why I posted an intelligence report on the situation as at 2019 from Colonel Togun (rtd).

Which Colonel Togun? He wasn't the one that worked under Babangida? How much of Nigerian history do you know about the Babangida years? An officer of the Nigerian Army, retired or serving, compiled an intelligence report and you're citing it as a credible document. Do yo think we arrived this crossroads all of a sudden?
Re: Ibarapa Youths Storm Makinde’s Office, Protest Against Insecurity (Photo) by Temptee101(m): 7:22pm On Mar 22, 2021
ivolt:
I really pity Makinde for playing with insecurity.
By now, a permanent Amotekun and OPC base should have been established in Igangan.
He probably still thinks it is all politics.

Your pity should go to the people and not the foolish governor(s)/Nigerian politician(s).

They people are the ones dying and not the stupeeed governor(s)/politifcian(s)
Re: Ibarapa Youths Storm Makinde’s Office, Protest Against Insecurity (Photo) by Prophet777: 8:34pm On Mar 22, 2021
Let the idiot keep toiling with insecurity in the name of politics. No serious govt will politicize security.

Ibadan people will soon change it for him. I trust them!!
Re: Ibarapa Youths Storm Makinde’s Office, Protest Against Insecurity (Photo) by orisa37: 8:34pm On Mar 22, 2021
THE GOVERNOR SHOULD PLEASE USE OPC AND AMOTEKUN WISELY TO SOLVE HIS STATE'S PROBLEM OF INSECURITIES.
Re: Ibarapa Youths Storm Makinde’s Office, Protest Against Insecurity (Photo) by calcal: 1:03am On Mar 23, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Wait o
Up till now them never still release those 3 opc members that captured wakili

A Real niggarrr is shocked

Iba Gaani Adams, how far?
Re: Ibarapa Youths Storm Makinde’s Office, Protest Against Insecurity (Photo) by pfadom: 6:07am On Mar 23, 2021
Why pity incompetence? He lacks the capacity for governance. What achievements can he lay claim to in almost two years of his administration.

ivolt:
I really pity Makinde for playing with insecurity.
By now, a permanent Amotekun and OPC base should have been established in Igangan.
He probably still thinks it is all politics.
Re: Ibarapa Youths Storm Makinde’s Office, Protest Against Insecurity (Photo) by FatherCHRISTMAS(f): 8:59pm On May 30, 2021
dayleke:
Make him hear am na
Good evening sir. It's been a while.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Afenifere to MACBAN: ‘There is no indigenous Fulani in Yorubaland’ / What Is Your Take On Dele Alake’s Appointment As Minister Of Solid Minerals? / ***Impeach Ezenwanyi Elect, Ogugua88. Unfit To Lead.***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.