Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,217 members, 7,880,799 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 07:03 AM

Lagos Bus Service Deploys "Cowry Cards", Gives Out 20,000 Cards - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Lagos Bus Service Deploys "Cowry Cards", Gives Out 20,000 Cards (33962 Views)

NIWA Boss, George Moghalu, Gives Out Daughter In Marriage In Grand Style / Xmas:Rochas Foundation Gives Out Free Fuel To Commercial Transport Operators In / Bro Felix Obuah Gives Out Palliative To IPAC Members Rivers State Chapter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Bus Service Deploys "Cowry Cards", Gives Out 20,000 Cards by Yinksy09(m): 8:12pm On Mar 23, 2021
That’s a good one from Lagos state Government.
As you join the party and get your free cowry card, don’t join the party late with FCMB iNesf, you can get N100,000 to support your dreams when you save daily on iNest. Don't sleep on the bicycle! #ATokenOfLove #iNest
https://fcmb.com/inest-challenge/

Re: Lagos Bus Service Deploys "Cowry Cards", Gives Out 20,000 Cards by obainojazz(m): 8:19pm On Mar 23, 2021
Finally, tap in method cool
Re: Lagos Bus Service Deploys "Cowry Cards", Gives Out 20,000 Cards by drlateef: 8:30pm On Mar 23, 2021
greymiles:
Tinumbu don use this people head finish... which one be cowry card again
Another means to fetch him another money?
When will afonja get saved from slavery sef

What are this people feeling like sef, quoting me and telling me Lagos is better than every state in the East
Go to the East and see many beautiful building and projects
Do I need to tell you Enugu, Owerri and many other eastern cities are far beautiful than Lagos
If not that the government is biased and their hatred towards us, the East should be the economic capital of Nigeria
But your hatred towards us won’t let you see that

What are you doing in Lagos if East is better? Move quick quick.
Re: Lagos Bus Service Deploys "Cowry Cards", Gives Out 20,000 Cards by Realboygenius(m): 8:39pm On Mar 23, 2021
This is a good initiative. Do you know you can support your dream or business by simply saving money on your iNest account from FCMB. Click on the link below to start
Re: Lagos Bus Service Deploys "Cowry Cards", Gives Out 20,000 Cards by lasthero: 8:39pm On Mar 23, 2021
greymiles:

What are this people feeling like sef, quoting me and telling me Lagos is better than every state in the East
Do I need to tell you Enugu, Owerri and many other eastern cities are far beautiful than Lagos
If not that the government is biased and their hatred towards us, the East should be the economic capital of Nigeria

Common sense should tell you that the cowry card is made to replace the usual tickets been sold at the bus stations to be at par with developed cities in the world using bus pass. And this has nothing to do with tinubu or politics.

But I'm not surprised, you are deluded by tribalism
Re: Lagos Bus Service Deploys "Cowry Cards", Gives Out 20,000 Cards by gbaskiboy: 8:45pm On Mar 23, 2021
olaboy33:
I am currently inside a brt bus as I type this.

In recent years, Brt is the only thing I have benefited from Lagos state government. However, more dedicated routes needs to be created for the brt buses to further avoid traffic.

Just before boarding this bus, I still saw LBSL staffs selling these tickets for #200, same with yesterday.

I hope this is looked into.
Nigerians always finding ways to rip others for the personal gains
I bought it 200 naira yesterday at Berger.
Re: Lagos Bus Service Deploys "Cowry Cards", Gives Out 20,000 Cards by Tosquo: 9:01pm On Mar 23, 2021
It's very obvious you have never left the east in your entire life or you are just plain dumb and backwards... This is simply something they call bus pass in the western countries but you have just decided to display how ignorant you are... Tinubu still get sense pass all your leaders join together in the east... Choke on good development
greymiles:

Re: Lagos Bus Service Deploys "Cowry Cards", Gives Out 20,000 Cards by iddonla: 9:03pm On Mar 23, 2021
Badorey6:

Brother do you see the post I replied to?

Is it a news that the Igbos like interfering into Yoruba personal affairs?

Do you see what one of their elite said about Awolowo today?

Let’s call a spade a spade. The igbos are haters and the earlier we stop being on the gentle side while they attack our leaders unprovoked the better for us.

I understand ur anger..

and if I may ask what did one of their elite say?? any link to it?

some of the ignorant ones are interfering in our affairs because they envy us and bola Ahmed tinubu..

I must be truthful to you,most of them wish lagos is in their zone..

and I am telling you now that most of those comments are not from igbos. hausa,fulani and other minority tribe are registering new monikers everyday pretending to be igbos to further deepen the lost-love between yoruba and igbo...
Re: Lagos Bus Service Deploys "Cowry Cards", Gives Out 20,000 Cards by Badorey6: 9:12pm On Mar 23, 2021
iddonla:

I understand ur anger..

and if I may ask what did one of their elite say?? any link to it?

some of the ignorant ones are interfering in our affairs because they envy us and bola Ahmed tinubu..

I must be truthful to you,most of them wish lagos is in their zone..

and I am telling you now that most of those comments are not from igbos. hausa,fulani and other minority tribe are registering new monikers everyday pretending to be igbos to further deepen the lost-love between yoruba and igbo...

Alright I understand your point about other tribes impersonating Igbos and Yorubas.

Below is what I meant by what one of them said about Awo:

https://www.nairaland.com/6472297/osita-chidoka-awolowo-unforgiving-introduced
Re: Lagos Bus Service Deploys "Cowry Cards", Gives Out 20,000 Cards by ogunsbanjul(m): 9:33pm On Mar 23, 2021
My dear, it's not their fault. It's because this kind thing no dey exist in their region. As you can see they rather worship their political leaders who never see them as humans rather as slaves. Jealousy dey scatter their brain day and night. Instead for their leader to go and learn on how to govern in Lagos State they keep exhibiing irrelevances on social media
nitrogen:

Mumu, go to top cities/regions and see how transit systems work. Toronto has got Presto, Dubai has Nol card, DC has SmarTrip, Seattle has ORCA, New York has Metrocard, London has Oyster.

Why una no like progress like this?
Re: Lagos Bus Service Deploys "Cowry Cards", Gives Out 20,000 Cards by iddonla: 9:53pm On Mar 23, 2021
Badorey6:

Alright I understand your point about other tribes impersonating Igbos and Yorubas.

Below is what I meant by what one of them said about Awo:

https://www.nairaland.com/6472297/osita-chidoka-awolowo-unforgiving-introduced

I understand you omo iya mi..

but it baffles me when you as a true yoruba son reply people like that..

they are out to spite you ,but deep inside they wish they are you..

yorubas dont envy anyone because we are the best in terms of culture, education, exposure ..

ile oodua agbe wa!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Bus Service Deploys "Cowry Cards", Gives Out 20,000 Cards by Slipknot(m): 10:43pm On Mar 23, 2021
greymiles:

Adịghị m sure na isi dịghị mma. Other smart and developed countries in the world use similar card system like this to make transportation easier.
Re: Lagos Bus Service Deploys "Cowry Cards", Gives Out 20,000 Cards by sainsburry: 10:44pm On Mar 23, 2021
Good one coming from Lagos, i hope it will be integrated with the blue and red line when they become operational. Well done sanwo eko
Cowry........ your pass to the world
Re: Lagos Bus Service Deploys "Cowry Cards", Gives Out 20,000 Cards by AdekunleScience: 10:48pm On Mar 23, 2021
iddonla:

I understand you omo iya mi..

but it baffles me when you as a true yoruba son reply people like that..

they are out to spite you ,but deep inside they wish they are you..

yorubas dont envy anyone because we are the best in terms of culture, education, exposure ..

ile oodua agbe wa!
Sir, propaganda against Yoruba from any source should be counterd instantly as Badorey6 did. Being Omoluabis should actually motivate us to defend our collective honor, not the reverse. Keeping silent with excuse of being matured or liberal might seem like the intelligent thing to do but it is certainly not a pragmatic approach. It is not pragmatic because in the future our descendants will mostly likely buy any propanda that we refuse to destroy today. Propaganda is as deadly as nuclear weapons, we must shield ourselves, loved ones and our descendants from it by repelling it as soon as we come by it.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Bus Service Deploys "Cowry Cards", Gives Out 20,000 Cards by iddonla: 10:58pm On Mar 23, 2021
AdekunleScience:
Sir, propaganda against Yoruba from any source should be counterd instantly as Badorey6 did. Being Omoluabis should actually motivate us to defend our collective honor, not the reverse. Keeping silent with excuse of being matured or liberal might seem like the intelligent thing to do but it is certainly not a pragmatic approach. It is not pragmatic because in the future our descendants will mostly likely buy any propanda that we refuse to destroy today. Propaganda is as deadly as nuclear weapons, we must shield ourselves, loved ones and our descendants from it by repelling it as soon as we come by it.

I understand u my brother..

my fear is a lot of fake moniker masquerading as southerners..

if it was facebook ,at least I can see the face,name,profile, past post to be able to ascertain the person tribe...

one mallam or igbo will just register on nairaland with the name obalola and start creating disunity and constituting nuisance about..
Re: Lagos Bus Service Deploys "Cowry Cards", Gives Out 20,000 Cards by Westerville: 11:37pm On Mar 23, 2021
Lanrelagboi:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10158917734371013&id=735776012

This is a good development, but do they have authority to checkmate the offenders. Becuase can just hop in,tap the card on the card reader without money inside the card,,many cities that operates such buses has security to checkmate people who failed to pay,,,for example in Dubai, They have RTA official,they stop the bus any time any where and check everyone's card if they have paid, failure to do so you pay a fine of 210dhs, which about 20k Naira.If you don't pay it there you land in prison. Same in NY and UK etc.If not people will just use the bus dey cash cruise.
Re: Lagos Bus Service Deploys "Cowry Cards", Gives Out 20,000 Cards by uuzba(m): 11:38pm On Mar 23, 2021
Kapeter:
LASG is trying in public transport but more needs to be done. They should go learn from transperth.
Only one problem in Lagos
The city is overpopulated and the roads and infrastructure cannot carry everyone.
No matter how good the transport is, you still end up in traffic.
Solution is to start expanding the rail network and dissuade the use of cars.
London realised that their city was popular far back 1897 and quickly dug tunnels under the whole city for rail network so they don't demolish anybody's house or infrastructure.
Till, date 2021, that their 1897 tube train is saving their city from useless traffic jam..All European cities have train as well and less traffic.
America refused to put train, so they suffer traffic jam like us.
Re: Lagos Bus Service Deploys "Cowry Cards", Gives Out 20,000 Cards by doxijaw: 11:52pm On Mar 23, 2021
uuzba:

Only one problem in Lagos
The city is overpopulated and the roads and infrastructure cannot carry everyone.
No matter how good the transport is, you still end up in traffic.
Solution is to start expanding the rail network and dissuade the use of cars.
London realised that their city was popular far back 1897 and quickly dug tunnels under the whole city for rail network so they don't demolish anybody's house or infrastructure.
Till, date 2021, that their 1897 tube train is saving their city from useless traffic jam..All European cities have train as well and less traffic.
America refused to put train, so they suffer traffic jam like us.

Zoning may help, no major cities allow this many cars, train or no train
Re: Lagos Bus Service Deploys "Cowry Cards", Gives Out 20,000 Cards by tubolancer(m): 3:34am On Mar 24, 2021
Yorubas leadership always give the Igbos sleepless nights. They attacked Awo, now Tinubu.
Re: Lagos Bus Service Deploys "Cowry Cards", Gives Out 20,000 Cards by YusufTheGreat: 7:48am On Mar 24, 2021
Topmaike007:
what a shameful statement from you..

If na kerosene now you guys can que to collect your share..

Were do you read Tinubu in the statement?

tinubu go soon give una hypertension I swear..

I LOVE WHAT LAGOS STATE IS TURNING INTO HOPE ABJ AND PHC CAN REPLICATE IT AT LEAST DUBAI NO BIG REACH ALIMOSHO AND YET GOOD THING DEY HAPPEN THERE.

BELIEVE
we are already using card here, as im typing this msg im in one sef

Re: Lagos Bus Service Deploys "Cowry Cards", Gives Out 20,000 Cards by OPPPS: 8:36am On Mar 24, 2021
greymiles:

Local man from Ochanja. Your generation is not used to good things of life. Go and join your Molue at Holy Ghost in Enugu down to Abakpa.
Local village boy. Cowry is what you tap in with the electronic device in the Bus . You don't pay cash to any driver or conductor. All you need is to load your card with existing agents. While you enjoy full Ac/ Tv And a place to charge your phone in the bus with special dedicated routes / lanes without holdups
Suffer head boy from East , you are not used to good amenities

Re: Lagos Bus Service Deploys "Cowry Cards", Gives Out 20,000 Cards by oyekanwahab(m): 11:29am On Mar 24, 2021
greymiles:

If only you know the ease that this card has brought, am very sure you don't even live in Lagos talkless of even using the card

this has eliminated the long queue for the bus ticket, I can decide to by bus fare for a whole year if I wish with this card
Re: Lagos Bus Service Deploys "Cowry Cards", Gives Out 20,000 Cards by Topmaike007(m): 7:32pm On Mar 24, 2021
YusufTheGreat:
we are already using card here, as im typing this msg im in one sef
which state be that
Re: Lagos Bus Service Deploys "Cowry Cards", Gives Out 20,000 Cards by YusufTheGreat: 10:27pm On Mar 24, 2021
Topmaike007:
which state be that
Abuja
Re: Lagos Bus Service Deploys "Cowry Cards", Gives Out 20,000 Cards by Topmaike007(m): 10:51pm On Mar 24, 2021
YusufTheGreat:
Abuja
wow that's commendable
Re: Lagos Bus Service Deploys "Cowry Cards", Gives Out 20,000 Cards by YusufTheGreat: 12:35pm On Mar 25, 2021
Topmaike007:
wow that's commendable
Yes it is, you recharge your card, each trip is not more Than 100naira for a place that Is normally 200 naira
Re: Lagos Bus Service Deploys "Cowry Cards", Gives Out 20,000 Cards by Topmaike007(m): 1:33pm On Mar 25, 2021
YusufTheGreat:
Yes it is, you recharge your card, each trip is not more Than 100naira for a place that Is normally 200 naira
we just need at least 10 developed states in Nigeria and see how Nigeria will be shot to limelight..

Kano
Lagos
Anambra
Abuja
Kaduna
Enugu/imo
Ibadan
Phc
Benin
Cross River /Akwa ibom

All this mentioned states or cities is okay and compliment it with 24hrs power supply..

Well all na dream sha cheesy
Re: Lagos Bus Service Deploys "Cowry Cards", Gives Out 20,000 Cards by YusufTheGreat: 1:37pm On Mar 25, 2021
Topmaike007:
we just need at least 10 developed states in Nigeria and see how Nigeria will be shut to limelight..

Kano
Lagos
Anambra
Abuja
Kaduna
Enugu/imo
Ibadan
Phc
Benin
Cross River /Akwa ibom

All this mentioned states or cities is okay and compliment it with 24hrs power supply..

Well all na dream sha cheesy
lol you say na dream, wait e fit happen o
Re: Lagos Bus Service Deploys "Cowry Cards", Gives Out 20,000 Cards by Topmaike007(m): 1:42pm On Mar 25, 2021
YusufTheGreat:
lol you say na dream, wait e fit happen o
majority of our leaders are not doing well abeg.. Imagine Bayelsa and delta allocation still dey are still backward and there yeye indigenes are blaming buhari
Re: Lagos Bus Service Deploys "Cowry Cards", Gives Out 20,000 Cards by YusufTheGreat: 7:55pm On Mar 25, 2021
Topmaike007:
majority of our leaders are not doing well abeg.. Imagine Bayelsa and delta allocation still dey are still backward and there yeye indigenes are blaming buhari
i swear, and those states are not even big o, but they blame buhari for all their problems, and leave NDDC and their governor unquestionable. .any small thing they will say "our oil money naim dem take develop their land" they dont hold their leaders accountable
Re: Lagos Bus Service Deploys "Cowry Cards", Gives Out 20,000 Cards by Topmaike007(m): 8:38pm On Mar 25, 2021
YusufTheGreat:
i swear, and those states are not even big o, but they blame buhari for all their problems, and leave NDDC and their governor unquestionable. .any small thing they will say "our oil money naim dem take develop their land" they dont hold their leaders accountable
that was how one of there law maker bought car worth of 25mil for his wife and the people in his constituency are wallowing in poverty...
Re: Lagos Bus Service Deploys "Cowry Cards", Gives Out 20,000 Cards by YusufTheGreat: 8:00am On Mar 26, 2021
Topmaike007:
that was how one of there law maker bought car worth of 25mil for his wife and the people in his constituency are wallowing in poverty...
can you imagine? God go help this country leaders

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

3 Maryam Abacha University Students Die In Accident A Day After Final Year Exam / 5 Ways To Reduce Your Cost Of Living / FCMB Bank Staff Killed By A Car While Heading To Work (graphic Image)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.